• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Horizon Adventures is on Switch because Playstation Studio’s Guerrilla Games wanted the game to reach more people

Yes, this is the goal. And then when the kids that are 6-14 play it on the Switch.....the hope is they'd want to play the full real game on PS5 or PS6 some day.

Well, that's if SIE don't port HZD (the remaster) and HFW to Switch 2 first. Like, I'm still not going to 100% rule that out at this point. Neither of those would be Horizon 3 anyway, and they're both on PC. So if Sony really believe in this idea that doing such a multiplatform strategy with platforms not considered competitors (even if IMO Xbox is mostly only a direct competitor in name only now) brings players to PS consoles for the new games, why would HZD & HFW on Switch 2 go against that?

Again, I'm not mentioning this because I necessarily agree with it, I'm just trying to test the limits of SIE's own publicly stated beliefs with their multiplatform strategy. Where is the real logical conclusion? That's why I ask these questions now; I want to try finding out.

CamHostage CamHostage appreciate the detailed answers & explanations on publishing there! I did not not Twisted Metal got a Japan-only PC release back in the day. That must be incredibly rare to find (and super-valuable for collectors).

Nobody likes Horizon Zero Dawn more than Sony does
Was my game of the generation (tied with bloodborne) 🤷‍♂️

The game also sold like 25 million. It was massive, why are people trying to downplay this? Like Mario Odyssey "only" sold like 3 million more copies and that's a Mario game. This was a brand new IP. Elden ring is around the same mark and that's on multiple platforms. Like you and others can not like it, but it's just objectively wrong to act like this isn't a big or successful IP.

The game also sold like 25 million. It was massive, why are people trying to downplay this? Like Mario Odyssey "only" sold like 3 million more copies and that's a Mario game. This was a brand new IP. Elden ring is around the same mark and that's on multiple platforms. Like you and others can not like it, but it's just objectively wrong to act like this isn't a big or successful IP.
People downplay that because Horizon Zero Dawn was in every PS4 console bundle, was available for free on PS+, and was one of the first PlayStation games to be ported to PC

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Tied with Bloodborne? Dude, Horizon was better in so many ways than Bloodborne, however.... Story, Setting, Gameplay, Bosses and even writing(dialogue), as minimal as it is in souls games, was better.
I spent about 100+ hours on Horizon and nearly got the platinum, but the fucking dialogue... :messenger_grimmacing_ I would need to do a second run to get the platinum. Not happening.
BB.. I spent countless hours on. I replayed it so many times and even have challenge runs.. I think they can capture lightning in a bottle a second time, but it's a matter of who's in the way, at this point. I can't understand why we haven't got a remaster or a sequel. We're hungry. We want Fromsoft to do this, regardless if sequel or remaster. I don't want anyone else touching Bloodborne. Too much Fromsoft DNA and personal stock. 👀

Also, I've had a half pint. 🍻:messenger_loudly_crying:

Tied with Bloodborne? Dude, Horizon was better in so many ways than Bloodborne, however.... Story, Setting, Gameplay, Bosses and even writing(dialogue), as minimal as it is in souls games, was better.
I spent about 100+ hours on Horizon and nearly got the platinum, but the fucking dialogue... :messenger_grimmacing_ I would need to do a second run to get the platinum. Not happening.
BB.. I spent countless hours on. I replayed it so many times and even have challenge runs.. I think they can capture lightning in a bottle a second time, but it's a matter of who's in the way, at this point. I can't understand why we haven't got a remaster or a sequel. We're hungry. We want Fromsoft to do this, regardless if sequel or remaster. I don't want anyone else touching Bloodborne. Too much Fromsoft DNA and personal stock. 👀

Also, I've had a half pint. 🍻:messenger_loudly_crying:
To each their own. Like I said, loved them both so splitting hairs. I am a little shocked on how many people dislike horizons story and Aloy overall. I'm not saying it's top tier or even great but it's just like fine? Feel like there is a shit ton more AAA games that have substantially worse characters/stories that never get talked about.

But overall, horizon was just dope because the setting is fucking awesome. The gameplay is killer too (at least the bow and arrow part, the hand to hand combat I can live without). Taking down a thunder jaw section by section for the first time was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

Lastly, cheers 🍻

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
To each their own. Like I said, loved them both so splitting hairs. I am a little shocked on how many people dislike horizons story and Aloy overall. I'm not saying it's top tier or even great but it's just like fine? Feel like there is a shit ton more AAA games that have substantially worse characters/stories that never get talked about.

But overall, horizon was just dope because the setting is fucking awesome. The gameplay is killer too (at least the bow and arrow part, the hand to hand combat I can live without). Taking down a thunder jaw section by section for the first time was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

Lastly, cheers 🍻
Back at you. I had some Ale. I'm Good. :messenger_moon: 🍻

Top Bottom