• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games’ Tim Symons “can’t believe we pulled it off: developing an AAA game (Lego Horizon) for Nintendo Switch by PlayStation Studios”

cormack12

Gold Member
Tbf, in the first game she realize of being created to save the world very late in the game so she doesn't have this huge weight on her shoulders for most of the game.

In the second game she start the game in total desperation because the place she visit is the last place available to get some info and she is the only one who can access to these facilities, and sylens trick her multiple times, so she get even more mad (understandable, i love sylens but the dude is a gigantic cunt himself, let's be honest), and she probably never rested since the start of the first game basically, that would make anyone cranky, fight me on that.

I think people completely ignore the fucktons of factors that make her what she is in the game.

She has an extremely small amount of time to save the entire planet, she is literally the only one who can do it because she has the body and voice of sobeck to access all the facilities or give orders to the ia, i don't know how anyone would be calm, lovable and funny when you have the biggest weight in your shoulder and literally everyone is more worried about their small tribe problems or religious stuff (that she knows being fairytales at best).

Add to that the fact that she has been treated like shit for her entire childhood with only one dude being kind to her and you can kinda understand.

She has no time to be friendly, she has no time to lose in petty religious\tribe stuff, i think her being a cunt that just want to save the world is kinda understandable.

If there is one videogame protagonist that has all the reason to be a cunt, it's probably aloy.

Geralt seems bored or downright annoyed to listen at peasant (that secretely hate his kind and he knows that) problems because he is usually way smarter and knoledgeable than them (same for aloy with the tribes) and i never seen anyone calling geralt a cunt because he is not all kindness and jokes...
(Not saying that aloy is written remotely as good as geralt but you get the gist)

It feels like people who strongly criticize her have no idea of the weight and responsibility that she feels, i know that if i was in her exact situation i would be mad at people wasting my times with petty shit when i try to save their collectives asses, tell me how off i am...

I remember people being mad at her destroying the bulwark and i ask to these people, what was the fucking alternative? Wasting even more time trying to convince what is clearly a piece of shitt character that only listen to actions? The chick has a time limit and the game try to convey her desperation.
images

midnightAI

Categorical disagreement.
Disagree all you like, we can't prove it anyway, but the vast majority of Switch users are kids, we have 3 in our family, all three are for my kids that I use occasionally, they are very handy on the move, it's just a different audience to PC gamers (there is cross over of course, but convenience of the Switch trumps the PC, even PC handhelds)

hemo memo

Gold Member
It's straight from the horse mouth (Guerrilla Games) that it is a AAA game by Playstation Studios so yah can't argue otherwise.
And Peter Molyneux said, "Everything is possible." Other developers said their game was art that fans don't understand. It means nothing. GG calling this AAA has as much value as Firewalk saying Concord is the "Future of PlayStation."

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I will probably prefer this over the original. It looks like she might actually have a personality, and LEGO games are pretty good at adding humor. I'm just hoping they don't force her to be a lesbian in this one. That's why I'm out on the third game of the original trilogy.

The Forbidden West's DLC ending forcing Alloy to be a lesbian was the last straw for me. You already made her a cunt. Now she's a cunt who only has eyes for other cunts. Got it.

Before anyone tries to counter this: yes, you can reject the chick propositioning you... But the rejection is basically saying, "I don't have time for us to scissor," instead of, "I'm not into chicks."

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
And Peter Molyneux said, "Everything is possible." Other developers said their game was art that fans don't understand. It means nothing. GG calling this AAA has as much value as Firewalk saying Concord is the "Future of PlayStation."

GG calling this game AAA carry the most weight among everyone.

KaiserBecks

Neither can I, Tim. Who thought it was a good idea to make a Lego game of a franchise that doesnt tie in to movies and doesn’t appeal to kids. Oh wait, probably Hermen Hulst.

Neofire

Lying mf, him and Herman Hulst probably came up with the idea to start releasing PlayStation games on a competitors console lol. His boss has been hinting at releasing PlayStation titles on everything every since they put in him in charge of PlayStation studios.

Woopah

It would be dumb enough to say this even if Microsoft hadn't just done the exact same thing before our eyes and been completely annihilated for it.

Console business 101, strong exclusive IP. To stray from this universal truth is to court death.

The people who give a damn are mad because they know this path will ruin Sony and they care about Sony.

I would also be incensed if Nintendo got port happy with PC. Because it is my wish to enjoy Nintendo games for a very long time to come.
Like with MLB, the Switch version is probably something the Lego side asked for and was one of the requirements for the game getting made. I doubt we see Switch ports for franchises Sony 100% controls.

Elios83

This game isn't even published by Sony on Switch. That says it all about how much they're into Switch development.

Lego Horizon is obviously a game aimed at a family/younger target. It could be one of the best selling games of the holiday season if it's good like it seems and there is a positive reception.
Having it on Switch will only increase the awareness and popularity of the Horizon series overall.
It obviously doesn't mean that the next Horizon games will be on Switch, the whole fake drama around this is just wasted time from the usual promoters with nothing better to do
:messenger_tears_of_joy: 🤷‍♂️ 🤭

StueyDuck

If this opens the door for say sackboy on switch they really could expand that younger audience, here's something even more crazy, remaster lbp 1 2 and 3 for both platforms.

I would say astrobot but that has far too much playstation iconography to ever happen

Top Bottom