• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games’ Tim Symons “can’t believe we pulled it off: developing an AAA game (Lego Horizon) for Nintendo Switch by PlayStation Studios”

Sony calls practically every game of theirs 'AAA',

Please don't say anything dumb for *only* 5 minutes, please!

The only dumb thing —besides Hermen's actions and thoughts— is to suggest a Lego game is or should be AAA. If it's actually the case, which I don't want to believe, it's an unjustified expenditure. Not hard to understand.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Even PS fanboys are sick of Horizon and this is the Lego version.

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

simpatico

I know hardcore Sony fans have been left in the cold this Gen, but Lego Horizon was the title they really wanted. The “big one”. Thankfully Sony delivered on that. Sure we might not get a new Naughty Dog this Gen and certainly not a new Bloodborne, but I’d like to think this makes up for that and more. Good looking out GG. Herman was the right choice.

nial

The only dumb thing —besides Hermen's actions and thoughts— is to suggest a Lego game is or should be AAA. If it's actually the case, which I don't want to believe, it's an unjustified expenditure. Not hard to understand.
Dumber than suggesting that the studio should be shut down over this? I don't think so (more so especially that the main studio is not even owned by Sony).
You're talking about an unjustified expenditure, but you have no idea how much money is being spent on this, it's not like 'AAA' is defined by a known set amount of money and you can only go up from there.
But if you actually managed to think about these things, you would realize that this game (by watching all the footage over there) isn't of a high budget by any means, and that this is obviously just PR/marketing from Sony/Guerrilla.

nial

I know hardcore Sony fans have been left in the cold this Gen, but Lego Horizon was the title they really wanted. The “big one”. Thankfully Sony delivered on that. Sure we might not get a new Naughty Dog this Gen and certainly not a new Bloodborne, but I’d like to think this makes up for that and more. Good looking out GG. Herman was the right choice.
Taking the bait, I know, but do you only come to Sony threads to troll about Sony fans?

mdkirby

Maybe they thought that her being stoic, brave and focused on the job was enough to make her interesting but i get it, she is not exactly the most endearing character :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Not gonna lie, as an atheist, I do enjoy when she complete troll religious figures because she has shit to accomplish, so in a way i like some of her interactions:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

And let's be honest, she is not always a cunt, i could post countless of sidequest cutscenes where she is genuinely worried or kind, people just like to exagerate or they didn't played any of the multitude of sidequest in the game, she is less of a cunt outside of the main mission.
Yeah I get ya, and also an atheist, so I also found amusement in those takes. But I recall seeing even the side quest interactions through my same cynical lense, it was like you could see a clenched jaw…I don’t know if it was a weird uncanny valley effect, but those “intended to be genuine” interactions also came off as disengenous because of that. Tho it was strange that it wasn’t felt from the other characters, which leads me to think something was mapped oddly specifically on her character, or it was her acting.

Either way it was a shame.

simpatico

Taking the bait, I know, but do you only come to Sony threads to troll about Sony fans?
Aye. I'm one of ye. Or I was at least. I fought honorably in the PS3 vs 360 war, with additional ribbons for taking up Blu-Ray over HD-DVD on the AV forums. A Cell believer and Resistance 2 player. Heavenly Sword and Lair Day 1 enjoyer. I've coped harder than you can imagine nial. Sony and I have a complicated history, but if I didn't care about her at all I probably wouldn't post about her.

nial

Aye. I'm one of ye. Or I was at least. I fought honorably in the PS3 vs 360 war, with additional ribbons for taking up Blu-Ray over HD-DVD on the AV forums. A Cell believer and Resistance 2 player. Heavenly Sword and Lair Day 1 enjoyer. I've coped harder than you can imagine nial. Sony and I have a complicated history, but if I didn't care about her at all I probably wouldn't post about her.
Idc lol, but you're making me appreciate current things ever more. Astro Bot was 100% my most wishlisted game when it came to Sony, and I now look at how much better I have it now compared to the Lair, Heavenly Sword and Resistance 2 days.
Seriously, why would you fight over any of these terrible titles when Sony was publishing far better games than them even back then?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I already played Horizon level on Astro Bot I don’t need any more fucking Horizon.

I fucking hate how much Sony pushing that IP in your face.

Top Bottom