• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Horizon Zero Dawn Devs on Xbox Verison: "Nothing to announce about Xbox right now.

Nydius

The real reason for not putting it on Xbox is because they know it won't sell any meaningful units. They'd likely make a net loss on it.

Tiny install base + the demographic of Xbox players is the antithesis of Switch's.

Doesn't really make sense to put it on Xbox at this current time.

Not to mention the endless droning of "Game Pass when?!?" by the usual suspects.
I don't fault anyone for not wanting to put up with that.

Wasn't the purpose of LEGO Horizon to give this shit character popularity?

Comments like this give me a hearty chuckle. HZD was the biggest new IP of the PS4 era and had sold a combined 24 million units by 2023. When the Lego Tallneck was announced, initial sales of it sold out in a couple hours. Forbidden West itself has performed less well than Zero Dawn, but that's not uncommon for high profile sequels. Aloy's been featured in a number of crossovers, including Genshin Impact, Fortnite, and Monster Hunter World.

Aloy is plenty popular -- just not around here.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Comments like this give me a hearty chuckle. HZD was the biggest new IP of the PS4 era and had sold a combined 24 million units by 2023. When the Lego Tallneck was announced, initial sales of it sold out in a couple hours. Forbidden West itself has performed less well than Zero Dawn, but that's not uncommon for high profile sequels. Aloy's been featured in a number of crossovers, including Genshin Impact, Fortnite, and Monster Hunter World.

Aloy is plenty popular -- just not around here.

Much bla bla bla and still not answer my question.

Horizon is popular but is not because of Aloy, but because the world is appealing. Fightning robots with fucking lasers is fun, but have nothing to do with the character at all.

Replace Aloy with any character you want and you will get the same results. People like you are just delusional.

The director inself said he wants Aloy to be more popular so he put LEGO Horizon on the Nintendo Switch, but here you are saying Aloy is already popular, you guys just need made your mind up.

Last edited:

nial

The director inself said he wants Aloy to be more popular so he put LEGO Horizon on the Nintendo Switch
When? The only comments the people at Guerrilla made regarding Aloy in LGA was just about the possibility of her getting into Smash, all said by Tim Symons who, surprise, used to work at Nintendo of Europe.
Either way, the whole argument is dumb, because the purpose of LEGO Horizon Adventures isn't to give Aloy more popularity, but rather, expand the audience reach of the franchise as a whole. And well, you seem to agree that the core elements of the series are appealing and fun.

Top Bottom