• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
So, those Lego Movie Happy Meal cups. Does that start Friday? I might need to get a Mcnugget Happy Meal...for my cat...yea my cat.

Rootbeer

Banned
Drat, thought the new SW sets were tomorrow, it's the 17th though :p two more weeks!

Well, guess that gives me more $$$ to buy LEGO Movie sets. Just found the Ice Cream Truck set for $20, snatched that one.

Really want to find that Firetruck :( TRU, please restock this week.

So, those Lego Movie Happy Meal cups. Does that start Friday? I might need to get a Mcnugget Happy Meal...for my cat...yea my cat.

Now that McDonalds reassured us that it's not pink slime, not the worst meal they'd ever have.

ghostmind

Speaking of Star Wars sets, the prices for the 2013 1H sets have been posted on S@H, and they are lower than I would have expected, given the usual "Star Wars tax":

75037; 178pcs; $15
75038; 223pcs; $25
75039; 201pcs; $25
75040; 261pcs; $25
75041; 205pcs; $25
75042; 439pcs; $50
75043; 717pcs; $60
75044; 262pcs; $30
75045; 434pcs; $40
75046; 481pcs; $50

We have entered Bizzaro-Land, where Star Wars sets are priced more reasonably than CITY.

4wpc4cQ.png

damn... tempted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1C2RRO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I could go for finishing all my Chima wolves

Ugh. I just saw that too and I have a reflex of buying almost any set I'm have a slight interest in when it's 50% or more off. It's a great parts pack and has at least one exclusive minifig.

EDIT: Bought. :(

Well, they have a girl agent in the Ultra Agents set with pink hair as they have in the past just like in Galaxy Squad, Alien Conquest, and so forth. I think they need to send Friends to space or the moon.

Well, they have a girl agent in the Ultra Agents set with pink hair as they have in the past just like in Alien Conquest and so forth. I think they need to send Friends to space or the moon.

Surely you cannot defend the quota of female:male protagonists because one happens to be female?

Surely you cannot defend the quota of female:male protagonists because one happens to be female?

Nope. I agree they should have more girls in some sets. They should do it gradually to see how sales perform. I want the Cuusoo girl set to get made.

Just saying there are sets with girls in them where they are central to the set. She should be happy with the LEGO Movie sets. They have a cool strong girl character that's in a few of the sets. Bug Obliterator set has 1 girl and 1 boy.

I believe LEGO is gradually putting more girls in their sets. I just don't think her parents are looking hard enough. If research shows more girls are getting into sets typically associated with boys buying them, I'm sure we'll see more of those type of sets with girls.

ghostmind

In two years, this is what the Friends sets have been up to:

Have cars (sports cars, beach buggy, SUV, etc)
Have skateboards
Put on dog shows
Have a speedboat
Take care of animals and rescue ones in need
Run a veterinary
Run a fashion design studio
Have an invention workshop
Have multiple music stages
Run a community pool
Run a bakery
Run horse stables
Run a beauty shop
Drive a SUV with a horse trailer
Run a summer horse riding camp
Drive an adventure RV
Have a treehouse
Run a flying club
Run a Cafe
Run a Pet Salon
Go to high school
Go to karate class
Practice soccer
Perform magic tricks
Ride a water scooter
Run a Horse Show
Drive a news van and report the news
Go to a shopping mall
Have a jungle tree house
Run a ranch
Run a Jungle rescue base
Have a beach house
Have a suburban house
Do a Jungle Bridge rescue (and a Jungle falls rescue)
Fly a helicopter
Run a Juice bar
Ride a first aid bike
Ride an ice cream selling bike
Run a lifeguard post
Run a lemonade stand
Harvest crops and sell their produce/fruits

oh yeah, and have their own freaking yacht!

Sit at home, go to bed and shop? Did her parents put her up to this?

And that is just the Friends line... we have other examples, such as driving the Horizon Express.

Does that camper can open up?

So many cool models this year.

God, I love Lego.

yeah, it's got a nice bed and tv in i(though a sticker tv) and a few hidden storage areas....

I'm mainly getting it because my girlfriend and I want to get a Camper Van or Airstream at some point in our future.

Just paid attention to the fact that TRU has all their LEGO Movie sets for 20% off, AND you get a free movie ticket when you buy over $50 of LEGO. Perfect time to break down and get the Fire Truck Mech.

Oh, wait. All the stores are sold out of that set. Dammit.

Well, I will keep checking and maybe get lucky. And not tell my wife I bought another set. And also found out she has no interest in the movie. Even with the glowing reviews and knowing who the creative team is. BAH! Movie night for me Thursday then.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just paid attention to the fact that TRU has all their LEGO Movie sets for 20% off, AND you get a free movie ticket when you buy over $50 of LEGO. Perfect time to break down and get the Fire Truck Mech.

Well, I will keep checking and maybe get lucky. And not tell my wife I bought another set. And also found out she has no interest in the movie. Even with the glowing reviews and knowing who the creative team is. BAH! Movie night for me Thursday then.

We are in the same boat!!

I am hoping to track the set down before Friday. Then hit up Regal to see the movie + exclusive minifig. Then see it a second time on Sat with my roomate at AMC for the other minifig (hopefully get two minifigs since I doubt he'll want his)

My last decision is rather or not to pre-order the LEGO Movie game for the exclusive fig (plus another movie ticket in the case), I guess i'll research some gameplay and reviews for that now... if I can find any decent ones. hopefully i can make up my mind by Thurs

Hope it all goes to plan D:

Bummer that your wife is not interested. How is that even possible?

P.S. - caved on the Chima set. Those minifigs are just too great. I'm sure the pieces will be useful too. That set is listed on slickdeals now so it may not be in stock long

I went to TRU tonight and pick up the few sets I don't have (SUV ands Metal Beard). I have 40$ gift card so it was nice with discount and free movie ticket. I am also getting movie ticket from GameStop. And no I didn't see the Fire mech or the polybag.

Speaking of Star Wars sets, the prices for the 2013 1H sets have been posted on S@H, and they are lower than I would have expected, given the usual "Star Wars tax":

75037; 178pcs; $15
75038; 223pcs; $25
75039; 201pcs; $25
75040; 261pcs; $25
75041; 205pcs; $25
75042; 439pcs; $50
75043; 717pcs; $60
75044; 262pcs; $30
75045; 434pcs; $40
75046; 481pcs; $50

We have entered Bizzaro-Land, where Star Wars sets are priced more reasonably than CITY.
May be they got discount deal since they have other Disney properties. I am glad that the prices are more reasonable. Set like Jabba's palace and Rancor are terrible as far as value.

Rootbeer

Banned
Really happy about the toned-down SW prices... I think the SW sets are starting to lag in sales compared to their other themes. Not surprising considering the floundering popularity of the brand. They had to do something about it eventually.
I hate to sound cynical but that's exactly what I thought when I saw the letter on a site yesterday. I don't know a lot of seven year olds who would frame an argument like that.

I absolutely believe a parent was involved. Heavily. Beyond merely mailing it for them. Look at how she annotated herself (pink "girls", blue "boys"), that's unusual for a 7yo to do on their own. If this parent thought they were making a precise and important statement via their child in hopes of inciting some change, they got another thing coming. It's a disgrace.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I wonder if LEGO gets a lot of requests to do war themes. They have space guns, swords, Western themes, lightsabers, cannons. They'd make a killing (heh) on 20th-21st century military vehicles :)

Oh well, just release more olive green parts.

I wonder if LEGO gets a lot of requests to do war themes. They have space guns, swords, Western themes, lightsabers, cannons. They'd make a killing (heh) on 20th-21st century military vehicles :)

The LEGO founder would spin in his grave if he knew what LEGO has made since he parted no war LEGO required.

Rootbeer

Banned

Like the Sopwith Camel?

They should do more, yeah. ... Actually... no they shouldn't, I'm getting very poor as it is.

LEGO does a very good job at capturing the attention of Train enthusiasts. They could definitely expand into war enthusiasts if they wanted. But they have so much going on already... I think it's more about the strain on their current resources (and market saturation of their product) than lack of ideas

Flooding the market with too many products is just going to hasten the eventual LEGO bust, and I don't want to see that happen anytime soon.

1 or 2 sets per year similar to the sopwith in a war theme would be cool though.

robjoh

I absolutely believe a parent was involved. Heavily. Beyond merely mailing it for them. Look at how she annotated herself (pink "girls", blue "boys"), that's unusual for a 7yo to do on their own. If this parent thought they were making a precise and important statement via their child in hopes of inciting some change, they got another thing coming. It's a disgrace.

It is also a very stupid way to do it. Why not just use the friends figures with other Lego pieces, the whole idea that you cannot mix any series are new for me. When I was a child I mixed my pirates with my castle set all the time. Just teach your child that you do not need to follow one line of Lego.

75037; 178pcs; $15
75038; 223pcs; $25
75039; 201pcs; $25
75040; 261pcs; $25
75041; 205pcs; $25
75042; 439pcs; $50
75043; 717pcs; $60
75044; 262pcs; $30
75045; 434pcs; $40
75046; 481pcs; $50

Damn, I thought the new B-wing was going to be in this wave. I guess I'll have to wait until the summer wave for the sets I really want.

jpatez34

Neo Member
So it seems that the UK The LEGO Movie Mini-fig promotion is false. I've checked both Odeon and Vue and there is still nothing about a free mini-fig when ordering tickets in advance :-(

In brighter news I have bought my ticket for a preview screening on Saturday, going from the reviews and other peoples impressions the wait is going to be agonising!!! and I have the OST sitting in my iTunes library ;-)

neonglow

So it seems that the UK The LEGO Movie Mini-fig promotion is false. I've checked both Odeon and Vue and there is still nothing about a free mini-fig when ordering tickets in advance :-(

In brighter news I have bought my ticket for a preview screening on Saturday, going from the reviews and other peoples impressions the wait is going to be agonising!!! and I have the OST sitting in my iTunes library ;-)

For Odeon, it's not buying tickets in advance. It's buying some kid's meal at the concession stand and they give you the minifigure.

Rootbeer

Banned
Today the replacements for my missing Jabba and Gamorrean Guard from my Palace arrived from LEGO Customer Service. So happy that they made the process so painless. Thanks to everyone here who advised me.

Really happy about the toned-down SW prices... I think the SW sets are starting to lag in sales compared to their other themes. Not surprising considering the floundering popularity of the brand. They had to do something about it eventually.

Floundering popularity lol wut?

Sales on the brand were still strong and with upcoming Clone Wars episodes, Rebels, and the upcoming new movies.... yea any loss in popularity it might have had is going to bounce back HARD

Picked up the remaining LEGO Movie sets that I didn't have, and got a couple 30280 Piece of Resistance polybags.

NVl0Sii.jpg

Nice. I find myself wanting all the LEGO Movie wave 1 sets, but if I don't get the medieval one, I'll be OK with that. Wave 2 sets, I definitely want the Super Secret Police one and Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP.

Anyone see the Super Secret Police Polybag in the wild yet? I'm in the West coast US and it seems my TRU's get them a week or two after reports of them in stores.

No LEGO Movie polybags at the TRU I went to today. Will keep my eyes peeled though.

And just finished the main fire truck mech of Rescue Reinforcements. Fantastic stuff.

EDIT:
EGADS! I just did the mini figure calculator on the Brickset collection page. Not counting the CMF I have bought, I should have 523 figures. Good lord.

mrkgoo

Aaargh, Palace Cinema was $124 @ Amazon Warehouse and was bought before I could confirm my order :(

Palace cinema was NZ$100 off here for a short time - I was considering getting it as a gift, but I decided against it. Maybe I should;d've bought it for myself...

Top Bottom