• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Chuckie

Happy Valentines Day LEGO-GAF

J3eSfxI.jpg

Wow. Well, then. It's not the Castle dragon but a similar design. New ball-jointed wings, it IS indeed a bipedal design and there's apparently both new neck and torso pieces. Can't see the tail.

A bit disappointing if we don't get a huge brick-built version. It also kind of kills the opportunity for a similar fel beast mold (yeah, I know that LotR is cancelled and all hope lost).

I wonder if we'll get new dwarves this time around. It's far enough ahead that new fans might not have caught the first wave, and they all get new designs (probably twice after arming up in Erebor). But I don't really see how there's room to release the entire set of them again.

Funnily enough it looks like there's a small brick-built section further along the back of the dragon. Maybe that's just for mold flexibility, but it DOES indeed look like you could place a figure there. And I believe the fel beast is actually bipedal too. Argh, stop playing with my heart, Lego! It's Valentines, for crying out loud!

Rootbeer

Banned
Smaug is a pretty good translation to LEGO, I do wish it looked more different from the other recent LEGO dragon though. Still, I'll get it.

I consider myself a pretty big comics fan but GotG is one area I don't know much about. I have a lot of reading to do before that movie hits.

Smaug is a pretty good translation to LEGO, I do wish it looked more different from the other recent LEGO dragon though. Still, I'll get it.

I consider myself a pretty big comics fan but GotG is one area I don't know much about. I have a lot of reading to do before that movie hits.

Just get the Abnett/Lanning run to prep for the movie. That is what they are using for inspiration.

Or for tons of Marvel Cosmic goodness, get Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest. The GotG dont show up until Conquest, but both are really awesome stories. And HUGE.

jordisok

Just get the Abnett/Lanning run to prep for the movie. That is what they are using for inspiration.

Or for tons of Marvel Cosmic goodness, get Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest. The GotG dont show up until Conquest, but both are really awesome stories. And HUGE.

Can't agree with this enough, haven't read the new run but the whole of Volume 2 Guardians is great.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Leave it to LEGO to make you buy the biggest set for one polar bear.

shadow29

Neo Member
I like those sets more than the boat and plane. The boat is really just a mild redesign of the Coast Guard one, so a little boring. But I like the line as a whole.

Ryuuroden

On a roll here :)

Over the last 2 days I've built

9525 - Pre Visla's Mandalorian Fighter
9500 - Sith Fury-class Intercepter
75016 - Homing Spider Droid
75003 - A-wing Starfighter
75004 - Z-95 Headhunter
9495 - Gold Leader's Y-wing Starfighter

Still got more Star Wars sets to go with the UCS B-Wing being the one that's going to finish them off. So far, all of them have been surprisingly great.

Ponn

Banned

I caught this a couple weeks ago while perusing and i'm positive they are releasing these because of the movie but good for those that have missed out

Guardians of the Galaxy Collection Vol. 1

and also

Annihilation Omnibus

Those two will catch anyone up on the DnA Marvel Cosmic universe. Just a shame they didn't include Conquest with the Omnibus though. Don't see a Conquest omnibus but hopefully they come out with one given
Ultron is the big bad for Avengers 2

I am totally digging that GoTG set *biting my fist* unnnnfffff that Ronan fig

Leave it to LEGO to make you buy the biggest set for one polar bear.

LEGO is always smart in how they distribute their minifigs in a theme. I noticed that too. At least it has both the huskies and the polar bear. I only need to get that one set if Bricklink prices are too high.

Ugh, ever since it was mentioned in an earlier post I cannot unsee the mystical ice boulders in every single dang set :/. Like it's the first thing my eyes go to...gah

Hah! Me too. Good thing is it's in the cheapest set too. I'm hoping the prices are lower due to the large quantities (doubt it though).

Bwahahaha!

"Hulk get bigger and stronger when angry!", Hulk.
"You must be very happy right now then.", Deadpool.

EDIT: Room must be cold. The studs on the "heart" are sticking out.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Let us know your impressions.

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the ending the best. My wife says she's seen her future. For everyone that has seen it you will know what I'm talking about. The basement part.

Woorloog

Banned
Ugh, ever since it was mentioned in an earlier post I cannot unsee the mystical ice boulders in every single dang set :/. Like it's the first thing my eyes go to...gah

Seriously, Lego has some odd fascination with crystals in ice/rock boulders.
The Rock Raiders ones came with green crystals... which reminds me of Tiberium in CnC. And a space set had a meteor with a green crystal...

EDIT, oh, that reminds me, anyone ever seen good C&C MOCs? EDIT google image search finds some but nothing special. And no MCV/ConYard. I wonder if i have enough suitable pieces for one...

robochimp

I just came back from watching the movie and I really really liked it! I just feel sad for my wallet as it empties for all those sets.

Toys R Us has a spend 50 get 15 off going on through tomorrow.

I got the ice cream truck, cloud cuckoo palace and a minifig for $40. These are bday presents for my niece.

And then tonight I decided to order metal beard and 4 minifigs($35) for my son and I to build.

Super cycle chase would also be a pretty good deal.

neonglow

Bah.
I kinda want the both those figures.
But I wasn't paying attention to Lego when the Hulk one came out and just plain forgot to pick up the X-Men set with Deadpool in it.

Deadpool is popular enough to appear in another set, right?

LEGO doesn't release many X-Men sets so you will have to hunt that set down. Blame it on no cartoons out right now.

The Hulk keychain is readily available still for $5 so just do that.

LEGO doesn't release many X-Men sets so you will have to hunt that set down. Blame it on no cartoons out right now.

The Hulk keychain is readily available still for $5 so just do that.

Sadly, the keychain has the lesser of the two faces for the mini fig. I just want another of the figures since I feel I am wearing it out with always taking the head off of it to put on other figures.

And as for putting Hulk in a bed with any character, the perfect phrase for the pic is "HULK SMASH!"

CrimsonN0

Honestly I would be surprised if we saw another Deadpool any time soon.

Bricklink the fig before it gets any more expensive..

Eh, I'll probably just settle for getting one of the endless Spider-man figures instead.

I've always liked Lego, but lts mostly the movie that makes me want to grab a couple smaller sets again.
If I started Bricklinking mini-figures, I'd also go for Dr.Doom and tons of the MiniFigure Series and I don't want to start going down that slope.

Eh, I'll probably just settle for getting one of the endless Spider-man figures instead.

I've always liked Lego, but lts mostly the movie that makes me want to grab a couple smaller sets again.
If I started Bricklinking mini-figures, I'd also go for Dr.Doom and tons of the MiniFigure Series and I don't want to start going down that slope.
Grab Daily Bugle Showdown. You get Spidey, JJ Jameson, Nova, and Doctor Doom in one medium sized set.

CrimsonN0

Grab Daily Bugle Showdown. You get Spidey, JJ Jameson, Nova, and Doctor Doom in one medium sized set.

Yeah, but the Daily Bugle looks sorta terrible.
I was actually thinking of when I saw if for $36, but its went back up in price.

I was thinking of the Bike Chase one(Spider-Man, Venom, Fury) since its $13 at the moment and Power Armor Lex $20.
Just need one more cheap thing on Amazon for the free shipping.

I loved the Spider Cycle chase set, but mainly because I'm a diehard Venom fan (my comic book collection is proof). The car build is great and all three figures are honestly nice especially for $13

Sadly, the keychain has the lesser of the two faces for the mini fig. I just want another of the figures since I feel I am wearing it out with always taking the head off of it to put on other figures.

And as for putting Hulk in a bed with any character, the perfect phrase for the pic is "HULK SMASH!"

If you mean the face being two-sided, all the Hulk keychains I got have faces on both sides. I plan on having 1 original and 5-6 keychains. The Harry Potter hair is very easy to come by to replace. The only downside with the keychain is the torso and legs are stuck together, but the head comes off fine once the metal bolt through his skull is taken out.

Gamma Gang. Just posting to show I'm still around. Just busy with life. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

What if...@Bentbricks took over @Lego_Legion's feed? Part 12: With Great Power Comes Great Corruption Only works in the movies. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

If you mean the face being two-sided, all the Hulk keychains I got have faces on both sides. I plan on having 1 original and 5-6 keychains. The Harry Potter hair is very easy to come by to replace. The only downside with the keychain is the torso and legs are stuck together, but the head comes off fine once the metal bolt through his skull is taken out.

Gamma Gang. Just posting to show I'm still around. Just busy with life. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

What if...@Bentbricks took over @Lego_Legion's feed? Part 12: With Great Power Comes Great Corruption Only works in the movies. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Oh, it is double sided? Hmmm. Might have to snag a few then. I want a lot of lil Hulks.

Oh, it is double sided? Hmmm. Might have to snag a few then. I want a lot of lil Hulks.

Yep, for sure. I have an aversion to opening polybags so I got a few keychains and once divorced of the metal, they are indeed double faced.

Work has been insane lately, so I finally finished the Simpsons House about a month after buying it. Is it me or is this set incredibly flimsy? It took me several attempts to attach the garage to the main house and the lack of interior walls seriously degrades the integrity of the structure.

I love the colors, and I appreciate how true it is to the source but I'm definitely disappointed with the design choice. Also the stairs aren't on the proper side, but that's some pedantic bullshit.

"Hulk not puny! Hulk SMASH!"

Be aware that the keychain print color is slightly different on the torso. I forget which is which. One is black (I think polybag) and the other is dark green ink. Not a big deal to me.

Search for keychain removing. I use the soldering iron technique. Since you're probably replacing the hair piece anyway, you don't have to be very careful.

Top Bottom