• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

mrkgoo

This has been about 3 years in the planning, I finally got around to finishing them off tonight, My Indiana Jones Ikea frames :p

I was originally going to have one frame per film but then I realised some films would be short on minifigs and I really didn't have the wall space for 4, so now it's 2 films per frame starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom...

Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom by Brent Waller, on Flickr

and The Last Crusade and The Kingdom of the Disappointing Sequel...

Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Great job!

wetwired

Oh my God I am so excited for this! Any idea on when it might be available?

Here's the rundown from the CUUSOO Blog I posted

LEGO Ghostbusters Set Revealed at ToyFair New York

Today we gave a first look at 21108 LEGO® Ghostbusters™ to select collector and LEGO fan press at ToyFair New York, and here it is for you as well!

It’s not every year a pop culture classic like Ghostbusters has a big anniversary, so the team here at LEGO CUUSOO has been working overtime to make this set available as soon as possible. 21108 LEGO Ghostbusters will be available for purchase in June 2014 for USD $49.99 / CAD $59.99.

First, some details from the set’s description:

This fun and iconic vehicle from the blockbusting ‘80s movie is fully loaded with all the paranormal detection equipment needed to track down those ghastly ghosts. It also features cool Ghostbusters logo decoration, removable roof, tracking computer and seats for 3 minifigures.

New info on Brickset;

70810-1.jpg

70810-1: MetalBeard's Sea Cow More pics here.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ahh, Toyfair! Such an exciting week for a geek like me :3

Haha, I was curious how the mini-ified version of Metalbeard would turn out. Look at that brick-made shark on his arm! Looks great.

Well... I think I will get this set and maybe the SPACESHIP!, I think that's about all the room I have left for Movie sets in my budget. Emmet's Mech will have to convince me!

Anyway, still, $250 big ones, whew! Sure would be nice to get an amazon or B&N discount on this thing. Too bad that won't be happening :( Best I can hope for is double VIP

That's an amazing set!

I sort of wish the bunk-couch was available separately, that as a mini-set with an Emmet, but... can see why. Because they're smart bastards.

Similar in some ways, different in others, they've used different techniques to get the same result for a few things (like the sides) while other parts are completely different.

A bigger pic...

New York Toy Fair Reveal by Brent Waller, on Flickr

I'm only finding some of this stuff as you guys are, looks like they have 2 faces each.
Cool thing about how they pulled off the sides of it: new bricks! The newer 2x2 and 1x2 bow pieces. So, not only do we get an awesome Ghostbusters set originally designed by you, but we get newer brick types as well.

Congrats again on this, man. And awesome that they are rushing this one through to get it out by summer.

EDIT: Just read the blog post. And I wonder if they could have used Lord Business's hair for Peter.

ghostmind

It's LEGO Information Overload Day!

C9BE1Hh.jpg

70810 MetalBeard’s Sea Cow, Ages 14+ 2,741 Pieces

US $249.99, CA $299.99, DE 249.99€, UK £169.99, DK 2,199.00 DKK

Help our heroes escape the Micro Managers on MetalBeard’s Sea Cow!

Shiver me timbers, the Micro Managers are approaching our heroes and MetalBeard aboard his wacky Sea Cow ship. Climb the mast to keep a look-out. Fire the powerful shooting cannons from the side of the ship to repel the Micro Managers. And watch out – one has flick missiles and the other can shoot a net! Raise the anchors, spin the rear propellers and steer the ship to safety with the mini version of MetalBeard at the wheel. Includes 4 minifigures: Benny, Emmet, Vitruvius and Wyldstyle, and 2 figures: MetalBeard and QueasyKitty.

Battle 2 Micro Managers with The LEGO Movie MetalBeard’s Sea Cow with mini version of MetalBeard, 4 minifigures and cow with wings!

• Includes 4 minifigures: Benny, Emmet, Vitruvius and Wyldstyle, and 2 figures: MetalBeard and QueasyKitty
  • MetalBeard’s Sea Cow features chimney, 2 anchors, 4 back propellers, 2 huge side turbines, lanterns, 2 gold keys, 2 bottles, bottle with printed ship, box with 4 black coals, hammer, wrench, shovel, gold crowbar and a barrel with 2 rammers. Plus cannon and ammunition deck with 6 cannons and 2 boxes with cannon ammunition (12 pieces), and boiler room with 2 flint guns, 2 flint pistols and 2 swords. Also features captain’s room with treasure chest containing 6 gold coins, 2 red jewels and 2 green jewels, 2 blueprints, 2 maps, globe, sextant, ink vial and quill, and a portrait of MetalBeard
  • Also includes a cow with wings!
  • The large Micro Manager features fold-up wings with hidden flick missiles, 2 claws and fold-down satellite dish
  • The small Micro Manager features a net shooter
  • Weapons include 2 flint guns, 2 flint pistols and 2 swords
  • Steer the ship with the mini MetalBeard with sword and treasure chest
  • Fire the cannons on both sides of the ship to fend off attackers
  • Take off the funnel to access the cannon and ammunition deck
  • Open the top to access the captain’s cabin and check out the maps, treasure chest, MetalBeard portrait and more!
  • Open the doors to the boiler room to access the weapons
  • Turn the exhaust to raise and lower the anchors
  • Rotate the giant side turbines
  • Place a minifigure on the fore mast to operate the mounted guns
  • Keep a look-out from the crow’s nest
  • Get the fire going below the huge funnel
  • Make the rear propellers spin and speed away
  • Watch The LEGO® Movie to see all your favorite characters in action
  • MetalBeard’s Sea Cow measures over 22” (58cm) high, 24” (61cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide
  • The Micro Manager (large) measures over 3” (9cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide
  • The Micro Manager (small) measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (6cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
  • Mini MetalBeard measures over 4” (11cm) high, 5” (13cm) deep, and 5” (13cm) wide
  • Double-decker couch measures over 3” (8cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and less than 1” (2cm) long

Designers Video:

http://youtu.be/KNjz7Q2isQk

Thanks for the link, Zulithe.

Best part about the Rebels line is that it's the standard minifigure style. It's not that crappy big-eyed crazy people look that the Clone Wars line has/had. Outside of the stylized Stormtrooper stuff it looks good, IMO.

Looks like I'll get Snowspeeder/Phantom/Ghost. B-Wing minifigures look great.

ATAT looks fantastic but it's probably outside of my price range.

And I laughed pretty hard at the prominent figure on the box of the new Star Wars advent calendar.

The Mos Eisley cantina looks nice. Dewgong and Sandtrooper are nice. Looks like you only get one of them + three of the bandmembers so that's interesting. Old Ben figure is impressive. Han comes with two faces.

gTUWl1yl.jpg

Such a waste. Two iconic things in X-Men lore (Sentinels and the Blackbird) jammed together in one tiny set. Both deserved better.

Still wont stop me from buying it though. I need those figures.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, you just can't pass on those minifigs if you are into X-Men. The Sential and Blackbird also make good bases for building larger versions though, so it's something. Sadly that doesn't solve the problem of the Sentinal head which I still don't really care for. Was hoping they'd do redesign it further than this. Maybe it will grow on me.
Oooooh~! Where did this set come from? This is part of the second run?

I know! I had no idea this existed. Maybe a TRU exclusive? Things I noticed on it: Shredder and both turtles have different printing, but it's slight (shredder in purple instead of a reddish color this time, and both turtles have new face expressions)

Also the robot foot soldier is new but it's not all that enticing.

Still I'll buy it!

Fowler

Was thinking that the Ghostbusters set was an absurdly quick turnaround for a CUUSOO set, but I think June marks the 30th anniversary so that makes sense!

ghostmind

Similar in some ways, different in others, they've used different techniques to get the same result for a few things (like the sides) while other parts are completely different.

A bigger pic...

I'm only finding some of this stuff as you guys are, looks like they have 2 faces each.

Looking good!

Congrats again Brent - it must feel pretty amazing seeing your work made official by LEGO.

ghostmind

Due to other commitments today, I won't be able to put up a ToyFair gallery as I did last year.

Maybe later today I'll post up some select images. It's a great day to be a fan of LEGO!

ghostmind

Thanks for the link, Zulithe.

Best part about the Rebels line is that it's the standard minifigure style. It's not that crappy big-eyed crazy people look that the Clone Wars line has/had. Outside of the stylized Stormtrooper stuff it looks good, IMO.

A thousand times this. The most frustrating part of the Clone Wars line was the horrid minifig head designs. I'm so glad/relieved that they decided to go with the mainstream look this time with Rebels.

So much info so quickly. We're used to having this stuff drip out over several weeks.

I know! I am getting spoiled. I am also cringing at the thought of everything I need to buy this summer, not to mention the big sets already released that I missed, like Simpsons and Sydney Opera House.

ghostmind

Looks like that CITY Arctic plane is a store-exclusive, as is the TMNT set posted above. There should be a few more exclusives in the other lines revealed soon as well.

I know! I had no idea this existed. Maybe a TRU exclusive? Things I noticed on it: Shredder and both turtles have different printing, but it's slight (shredder in purple instead of a reddish color this time, and both turtles have new face expressions)

Also the robot foot soldier is new but it's not all that enticing.

Still I'll buy it!

I signed up for the Toys R Us email notification for when it comes in stock. Hopefully it's soon.

Snowspeeder is $30 I might buy two.

That Jedi Patrol ship or whatever was a bit expensive.

Ghost = $90, Phantom = $25. Kinda expensive just to get both.

Cantina is $70 as well. I'm sure most of this is known already by most of you but it's news to me.

A bigger pic...

looks so awesome!
Seriously though, hope no stickers or bust!

eso76

Lego used to be awesome, but all these custom pieces is kinda missing the point.
Just my two cents, creeping back inside the hole where i came from.

kapowza

I thought TLC had actually reduced the overall number number of different pieces they use quite significantly. I'm just after building the simpsons house and other than stuff for the minifigs to hold it's all 'normal' bits that make it up.

Speaking of the simpsons house, I'll need to get some extra tiles with studs on them, make more of the furniture attach to the floor.

Top Bottom