• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Maloney

Hi Lego GAF, I normally lurk on the gaming side but come here in search of help.

My neighbour has recently donated to me a huge box of Lego pieces for my 5 year old kid. there's thousands of pieces and no instruction sets.

There is everything from bionicle, star wars, formula one to some kind of football pitch kit.

I've spent a few nights trawling through the pieces and picking out mini figure pieces and found Yoda's head, various storm troopers and battle droid pieces etc.

I feel like I'm sitting on a potential gold mine, but at the moment it's just a huge pile of pieces, I have no idea where to start.

So, help me, any advice you can offer me on how best to sort pieces or track down what kits I have would be great.

wetwired

Hi Lego GAF, I normally lurk on the gaming side but come here in search of help.

My neighbour has recently donated to me a huge box of Lego pieces for my 5 year old kid. there's thousands of pieces and no instruction sets.

There is everything from bionicle, star wars, formula one to some kind of football pitch kit.

I've spent a few nights trawling through the pieces and picking out mini figure pieces and found Yoda's head, various storm troopers and battle droid pieces etc.

I feel like I'm sitting on a potential gold mine, but at the moment it's just a huge pile of pieces, I have no idea where to start.

So, help me, any advice you can offer me on how best to sorry pieces or track down what kits I have would be great.

Minifigs are one way of tracking down what sets you have you can use bricklink's list of minifigs, find one you have, then you can click link that says something like

This Minifig Appears In:
3 Sets (View Them)

To see what sets they're in. That combined with isolating any larger unique looking pieces (or printed pieces or pieces with stickers) that you don't have many of are another one of finding what sets you have (you the same process as above but you search for piece instead of minifig)

Once you view the sets the minifig/piece is in, you can see the parts lists for those sets, find the unique pieces in each of those sets and see if you can find them in your piles.

Unrelated, Those guardians of the galaxy sets are Bessa (he posted them on facebook). I also realised that Chris Pratt is another minifigure, he'll be catching up to Alfred Molina soon for most recreated in LEGO form, all he needs is LEGO to do sets based on Jurassic World.

Wow. Well, then. It's not the Castle dragon but a similar design. New ball-jointed wings, it IS indeed a bipedal design and there's apparently both new neck and torso pieces. Can't see the tail.

A bit disappointing if we don't get a huge brick-built version. It also kind of kills the opportunity for a similar fel beast mold (yeah, I know that LotR is cancelled and all hope lost).

I wonder if we'll get new dwarves this time around. It's far enough ahead that new fans might not have caught the first wave, and they all get new designs (probably twice after arming up in Erebor). But I don't really see how there's room to release the entire set of them again.

Funnily enough it looks like there's a small brick-built section further along the back of the dragon. Maybe that's just for mold flexibility, but it DOES indeed look like you could place a figure there. And I believe the fel beast is actually bipedal too. Argh, stop playing with my heart, Lego! It's Valentines, for crying out loud!

Wait, no new LotR sets?

Nooooo. I'd rather have new lotr sets than hobbit. Is this confirmed?

neonglow

Wait, no new LotR sets?

Nooooo. I'd rather have new lotr sets than hobbit. Is this confirmed?

There won't be LOTR sets this year unless it's launched at the end of the year. LOTR/Hobbit seems completely done after the next wave. Without any more movies, LEGO won't want to commit to more sets.

2015/2016 will be the return of Pirates of the Carribean and likely take the place of LOTR. Maybe they'll release that Flying Dutchman ship that got cancelled.

The Daily Fail is giving away the pyjama Emmett minifig today, although you have to collect from Toys R Us. The Fail is banned on GAF so no links.

Are there any sets currently out/planned that would allow me to get Vader/Sidious?

Aside from the Death Star. I can't be spending $400 right now
KuGsj.gif

ghostmind

Unrelated, Those guardians of the galaxy sets are Bessa (he posted them on facebook). I also realised that Chris Pratt is another minifigure, he'll be catching up to Alfred Molina soon for most recreated in LEGO form, all he needs is LEGO to do sets based on Jurassic World.

YES!!!

(to both Bessa GotG, and the possibility of LEGO doing Jurassic World sets)

The upcoming Imperial Star Destroyer has Vader in it. That is $130 set though.

Have you thought about just Bricklink'ing them?

I just realized I could get Vader with the Millenium Falcon as well. Might do that I suppose because I don't have any of the original crew.

But I might just Bricklink them, yeah. It would probably be a whole lot cheaper.

ghostmind

I just realized I could get Vader with the Millenium Falcon as well. Might do that I suppose because I don't have any of the original crew.

But I might just Bricklink them, yeah. It would probably be a whole lot cheaper.

I forgot Vader was in the Falcon, but yes it would be a great way to get the OT characters.

Rootbeer

Banned
google for "lego news" you'll find tons. also don't count out imageboards like 4chan, because they don't respond to takedown notices ;)

My local Target actually had some decent sales for once.

The X-Wing Starfighter 9493 was on clearance marked down to 29.99

I was so tempted to pick it up.

The Rancor Pit was marked down to 39.99 as well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Welp, I just bought Western Emmet for $35.00, dont know how should feel. :/

I just bought the Lego game on PS4 from amazon for £25 which comes with Western Emmet. seems I got a bargain. Don't even particularly want him (not that into collecting minifigs)

Also went to see the movie today with my kids, and we got the two odeon minifigs (robot and pyjama emmet?) with the kids meals.

(movie was fantastic)

Fowler

The Millennium Falcon is really cool though. And it's the Falcon!!!

Go back and buy the Sex Wing, pronto! A fantastic set, and for only $30 it is a steal. Also, where else are you going to get a Porkins figure from?

Just looked at his Facebook page after you posted that. SQUEE! If the Milano is half as awesome to build as the Quinjet, we are in for something special.

Also glad I was not the only one thinking about how many Pratt figures we are getting. And he might beat Molia for number of variants of his character released in one single year. Not sure if anyone has had that many versions of himself released (different faces, outfits).

My local target had those two sets on clearance for $41.98. I picked up an iron man 3 Malibu mansion attack set on clearance for $25.

neonglow

I picked up the AT-TE for $44.98 and the Rancor Pit for 29.98. I feel fortunate to get them at those prices.

Dragoshi1

My target has that bug hive thing for 31 bucks, and the flagship set with the blue ship/tank for 50.

Also the shell raiser for 29.99.

I DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT.

BTW, I have a member 20% off coupon for BN if anyone wants it. Just PM me and I will send it. They have most of the Movie sets and even Master Builder sets.

Ponn

Banned
My target has that bug hive thing for 31 bucks, and the flagship set with the blue ship/tank for 50.

Also the shell raiser for 29.99.

I DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT.

If i could find Galactic Titan on clearance id probably get it. Though Shellraiser for $30 is pretty tempting. I got Hive Crawler on clearance purely from the constant hype but havent built it yet so cant say yet. Was going to build Bug Obliterator tonight but damn Bravely Default keeps distracting me. May queue up some space movies tomorrow and buid Obliterator and Hive Crawler both.

wetwired

Looks like there's some new stuff from the new york toy fair, no pics yet but more LEGO Jnrs stuff

With 13 LEGO JUNIORS products debuting in 2014 there is a variety of themes and sets to inspire every child.

Classic themes such as Construction ($14.99), Fire Emergency ($19.99), Police-The Big Escape, Race Car Rally and Pony Farm ($29.99 each), are joined by popular licenses including Spider-Man™: Spider-Car Pursuit ($12.99), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Turtles™ Lair ($19.99) and Batman™: Defend the Batcave ($29.99).

Knights' Castle ($49.99) and The Princess Play Castle ($14.99) allow children to explore new kingdoms and far-off lands.

Vehicle Suitcase and House Suitcase ($24.99 each) are ideal travel companions for grab-and-go building fun.

There won't be LOTR sets this year unless it's launched at the end of the year. LOTR/Hobbit seems completely done after the next wave. Without any more movies, LEGO won't want to commit to more sets.

2015/2016 will be the return of Pirates of the Carribean and likely take the place of LOTR. Maybe they'll release that Flying Dutchman ship that got cancelled.

We'll see if that happens. Disney isn't as confident with Jerry Bruckheimer anymore after Lone Ranger. Movie was delayed to 2016 so we'll see if that's true or just business talk that the movie is in development hell and may never get made.

robochimp

Just built Metalbeard's duel.

Not a big fan of Metalbeard he falls over really easily and his head doesn't stay on, a lot of stuff just waiting to fall off.

I really like the micromanager. The wall of transparent red bricks shining out through the holes on the front, the overall trans red and black color scheme looks great, and the arms look very menacing.

Ryuuroden

Roar, almost done building all my Star Wars backlog. Just half of Jabba's Sail Barge left and the UCS B-Wing. I'll try to get those done tomorrow so I can start on the Sea Cow Monday afternoon :). I am trying to knock a bunch of my backlog out of the way before work starts back up full steam so I can focus on MOCing then. Btw, did both the most recent Hoth sets today, I gotta say there is a whole bunch of useful stuff in it for a large diorama. I think I may take that as well as my Wampa Cave set, Mechinized AT-AT, and several other old Hoth sets and try to build a custom diorama that fits on one of my shelves. When I do end up doing it I will take pictures. Plan to do the same with all the Tatooine sets.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I was at a few stores today and I noticed something when swinging through the LEGO aisle and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

Cloud Cuckoo Palace seems to be the only set consistently sold out everywhere. Sets seem to be selling well, but I have seen this set nowhere. Glad I got mine before the movie hit.

neonglow

So I was at a few stores today and I noticed something when swinging through the LEGO aisle and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

Cloud Cuckoo Palace seems to be the only set consistently sold out everywhere. Sets seem to be selling well, but I have seen this set nowhere. Glad I got mine before the movie hit.

It seems to be any cheap set that has Emmet and Wyldstyle. The Melting Room is also sold out in most places.

Roar, almost done building all my Star Wars backlog. Just half of Jabba's Sail Barge left and the UCS B-Wing.

The B-Wing is a terrific set. I've only built a few SW ships and it was my favorite.

How's the Sail Barge? I'll likely end up buying it during the May 4th promotion to round out the Palace/Pit & Skiff collection.

Cloud Cuckoo Palace seems to be the only set consistently sold out everywhere. Sets seem to be selling well, but I have seen this set nowhere.

It's definitely the most popular set from the theme. I blame Unikitty.

Definitely having two main characters and Uni-kitty is a big draw. That set and the two smaller sets are all sold out at most stores I've been to. I believe the price point is also a huge selling point as there are only 3 sets I know that fall under the $20 (US) and under price.
Of the $30 ones, Castle Cavalry seems to be the least popular based on the amount I see of those that aren't sold out.

neonglow

Lord Business' Evil Lair seems to be the most popular out of the higher priced sets. I guess it's because it's the only way to get Lord Business' outfit and Vitruvius.

wetwired

This has been about 3 years in the planning, I finally got around to finishing them off tonight, My Indiana Jones Ikea frames :p

I was originally going to have one frame per film but then I realised some films would be short on minifigs and I really didn't have the wall space for 4, so now it's 2 films per frame starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom...

Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom by Brent Waller, on Flickr

and The Last Crusade and The Kingdom of the Disappointing Sequel...

Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Brent Waller, on Flickr

robochimp

Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get one half off this week. Movie sets are excluded.

Just doing a quick glance the new Star Wars micro fighters and the new battle packs are at MSRP.

Top Bottom