• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Did you buy it new? Contact Lego, they send replacement parts, no?
https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#BasicInfo

Good idea. yes, I bought it new from the lego store. I am thinking on trying to borrow the parts from another bag... and do as much as I can until I need them... but its multilevel so that may not be an option.... Worried more about the black slant piece moret han the basice grey. Thee death start shell is that color... so another piece of that should not be a problem right now.

Building the Deathstar and I am on box 3 of 4. I am missing 2 pieces. One is a grey 2 blcok and the other is a single black with a slope.

LEGO-Book-Amazing-Vehicles-Parts-List.jpg

1st column (6th one down) in black for the computer console
5th column ((13 - 15 down) in light grey for the doorway wall

What would be the best way to get either of these pieces? Thanks for any help!!!

Pretty sure I was missing a grey 2 block as well. I just used a spare and moved on :p

side note: Death Star is the greatest LEGO set ever

Building the Deathstar and I am on box 3 of 4. I am missing 2 pieces. One is a grey 2 blcok and the other is a single black with a slope.

LEGO-Book-Amazing-Vehicles-Parts-List.jpg

1st column (6th one down) in black for the computer console
5th column ((13 - 15 down) in light grey for the doorway wall

What would be the best way to get either of these pieces? Thanks for any help!!!

Do you have any other sets or a catalog of bricks from disassembled sets to use while you wait for the replacement?

Rootbeer

Banned
Nope... Hopefully the Lego website can send me replacements soon. I may be able to see what is in the other bags.... and keep building until I can't anymore....

I went through the same ordeal, only the parts I needed were minifigs, and not just any minifigs, they were the sort that go on bricklink for over $18-20 or so. If LEGO would send me replacements for those, i know for sure you won't have a problem. Expect to get them in 10-15 days.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Rumor time!

75059 Sandcrawler to be revealed at Bricks Cascade (we knew that one already), and is a BIG playset, rather than a UCS model.

New Creator Expert Fairground set this summer - similar to the Grand Carousel from 2009.

Mini (as in Mini Cooper) with pre-2000 design as new Creator Expert, a la the T1 Volkswagen, or the earlier VW Beetle.

Mini old classic, or current BMW?

I loved that show as a youth... the two death tanks and the Bigfoot episodes scared the crap out of me.
Yeah, the intensity of the series really ramped up whenever Bigfoot or those tank thingies showed up. And don't forget about the Fembots and their face-removing abilities! Of course, what was awesome when we were kids seems agonizingly cheesy now that we're adults.

Damm it, you just put me in the old category. That was all the rage at recess, talking about Bionic Man show. And some rich kid brought Steve Austin doll, I mean action figure to school and I was so jealous watching those kids looking through his bionic eye.

I still remember when I first came to the US and went to Universal Studio and they have Bionic Man stuffs (the tunnel thing) and I though it was so cool.

A few months ago I ordered a missing part through the Lego Customer Service centre and it still hasn't shown up.

Any of you with experience in replacement parts - how long did it take to arrive?

I'd say I'm probably up around the 12-14 weeks now. Surely it's lost/not coming at this point?

jpatez34

Neo Member
_02-03-14_27_52ef9b31d19b3.jpg

Any UK LEGO Gaf members going? Just bought my ticket for the Saturday 10am session.
It's officialy my first ever LEGO convention and I can't wait!

A few months ago I ordered a missing part through the Lego Customer Service centre and it still hasn't shown up.

Any of you with experience in replacement parts - how long did it take to arrive?

I'd say I'm probably up around the 12-14 weeks now. Surely it's lost/not coming at this point?

That's excessive. I would contact customer service again. Usually replacement parts took several weeks for me since they were coming from Denmark to US. 12 weeks is too long.

All my experiences with LEGO customer service has been great.

I think it took me about 10 weeks to receive my replacement piece in 2012.

Ryuuroden

Got my first complaint about the Sea Cow. I am currently finishing bags 6 sections so I am at the first floor of windows. My issue is the window stickers that give the wrought iron glass pane look are too small for the window glass pieces so they float inside the window instead of looking like they are part of the window. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of it so I could show you what I mean, maybe someone else who is building it does. It's not a deal breaker but it annoys my OCD for perfection.

Rootbeer

Banned
Toys R Us is having that Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale and they now have 2014 SW sets in stock... at MSRP. I was able to snag a few things, but some are sold out online already.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
e20OvcT.jpg

A non-exclusive polybag won't be enough to motivate me not to wait for the Extended Edition.

Forget Legolas! That loop thing is totally worth $30.

Also really liking the "ADVENTURE" on the side. Really, WB, I thought it was a romantic comedy.

That's excessive. I would contact customer service again. Usually replacement parts took several weeks for me since they were coming from Denmark to US. 12 weeks is too long.

All my experiences with LEGO customer service has been great.

I'm in AU, so I usually expect the extra added weeks on top of everyone else's "normal" or expected delivery times, but yeah, this seems like too long now.

I might give them a call later I think.

I think it took me about 10 weeks to receive my replacement piece in 2012.

Hmm, so not terribly far off then. I might still ring them, but I guess it could still be happening somewhere..

Checked my nearest Walmart and Target for Galaxy Squad stuff; Walmart was cleaned out and Target only had the Eradicator Mech.

I bought it for $25.

I also built another spaceship with my old pieces. I guess it's good that I have very little money and the GS line is most likely done for, or else I'd buy 2 of each set.

I want more SPAAAAACE. Give me a Mass Effect line pls.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm satisfied with War Machine, never was a big fan of the Iron Patriot suit. And its use in the movie didn't boost the appeal for me. I hope you didn't overpay... too much!

The Bilbo from the previous Hobbit BRD was more desireable than that Legolas... but you do get a few more pieces this time, I guess that's cool. Plus: It's Legolas (Or is it LEGOlas?) so for that reason alone it will probably attract more of the fanbase outside of us hardcore LEGO buyers who probably already have several of him around.

Anyone else get a 20% off any item coupon in the mail today from TRU? Pondering on what to use it on...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
_02-03-14_27_52ef9b31d19b3.jpg

Any UK LEGO Gaf members going? Just bought my ticket for the Saturday 10am session.
It's officialy my first ever LEGO convention and I can't wait!

Oh it's in London now? O2 is a pain to get to, but better than Manchester. I've never be to one though, what sort of event is it? Kid friendly or mainly for AFOLs?

jpatez34

Neo Member
Oh it's in London now? O2 is a pain to get to, but better than Manchester. I've never be to one though, what sort of event is it? Kid friendly or mainly for AFOLs?

I think it's for all ages. (Taken from the O2 website):

"The LEGO® Show is relocating to The O2 in London after two successful years in Manchester. The three day show, which will run from 9 - 11 May, will be the largest LEGO® event in the UK, and is the only show in the country to feature the best LEGO® fan builders and professional LEGO® artists.

A great day out for all the family, the show will be packed full of interactive features including workshops with professional brick builders, LEGO® Designers; the Brick marketplace with new and second hand LEGO® products for sale; and amazing displays by LEGO® fans from around the world. With fantastic themed areas the show aims to inspire and motivate, and allow attendees to immerse themselves in the product and build their own constructions."

wetwired

I dunno if any of you guys will be interested in buildings this but I've had a lot of emails from people wanting instructions for the firehouse, I can't really make instructions but I've been building it in LDD instead for people, it still needs some work but the visuals are mostly recreated.

GhostbustersHQ.jpg

I also split out each floor so it can be removed like a modular, something I didn't really do with my first one (it only seperates after the first floor.)

Rootbeer

Banned
Sure, please post the LDD when you feel it's complete. I'd like to take a look at it.

Why is it so expensive? Do you mean from the sheer number of bricks or does it use a lot of bricks in rare colors or OOP parts?

wetwired

Sure, please post the LDD when you feel it's complete. I'd like to take a look at it.

Why is it so expensive? Do you mean from the sheer number of bricks or does it use a lot of bricks in rare colors or OOP parts?

Just the sheer quantity, it's built over 2x 32x32 baseplates and is taller than the Town Hall.

0tuxZkQl.jpg

I build this during my lunch break. This set is really a troop building set and is just for selling the figure. The missile robot is a pretty boring but the new figures are beautiful and I love the new stud launcher gun. I always like the 212 Battalion and the Airborne Trooper but I can't help,but feel LEGO is little late on this Clone fad.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
An LDD of the Ghostbusters HQ would be great. I picked up a load of 1x2 dark red pieces at PAB a few times here in the UK, so should have enough for at least the facade.

judhudson

I dunno if any of you guys will be interested in buildings this but I've had a lot of emails from people wanting instructions for the firehouse, I can't really make instructions but I've been building it in LDD instead for people, it still needs some work but the visuals are mostly recreated.

GhostbustersHQ.jpg

I also split out each floor so it can be removed like a modular, something I didn't really do with my first one (it only seperates after the first floor.)

I want this so bad...*wallet cries*

Thanks for doing this-I appreciate that you're not "hoarding" your design.

Those figures look amazing.

Top Bottom