• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Prepare to be blown away if you are a DC super hero fan. This guy does amazing vignettes.
Older peeps will instantly recognize the classic Flash cover.

LEGO, I'm happy your expanding the villains and super heroes for 2014. I'll go broke if you expand it even more, but I want it badly!

These are only 3 of the many amazing ones I've seen in his feed.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72036844@N04/

11244334535_f006a420b8_z.jpg

10160736163_04aa49d1bd_z.jpg

8667201064_b06045d4aa_z.jpg

Just figured it might be better to get the Goblin King set at Target stores since they have the BOGO 50% as well. As per their policy they have to match their online prices in store if asked at customer service.

ghostmind

Prepare to be blown away if you are a DC super hero fan. This guy does amazing vignettes.
Older peeps will instantly recognize the classic Flash cover.

LEGO, I'm happy your expanding the villains and super heroes for 2014. I'll go broke if you expand it even more, but I want it badly!

These are only 3 of the many amazing ones I've seen in his feed.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72036844@N04/

Wow - some great MOCs and photography there!

rH69SsH.jpg

kKzFlt4.jpg

GPjtNJZ.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Those DC pics are awesome. Love that Flash zigzag one. That race one should be easy to make with anyone thats been collecting the ironman figs.

Is it bad that im deciding between that Goblin King set and a haircut? And so far the haircut is winning in my mind.

Rootbeer

Banned
I want to get Goblin King bad but sad I missed out on amazon -_-

So close to getting all the dwarves then I can rest easy -_-

sorry about that :/ keep your eyes on slickdeals.net, that's what I do. I almost bought this many times but kept putting it off. With LEGO it almost always pays to wait, something i've painfully learned over time!

certainly won't be the last deal on that set since they are going to be clearing those old hobbit sets out soon in most stores

Oh and learn to cut your own hair! That way you can have both AND learn something (or get a significant other to cut it? :))

sorry about that :/ keep your eyes on slickdeals.net, that's what I do. I almost bought this many times but kept putting it off. With LEGO it almost always pays to wait, something i've painfully learned over time!

certainly won't be the last deal on that set since they are going to be clearing those old hobbit sets out soon in most stores

Oh and learn to cut your own hair! That way you can have both AND learn something (or get a significant other to cut it? :))

Yeah, I'm hoping Amazon gets more stock soon, but if not I may just swing by Target tomorrow and see if they have one in stock to price match.

Got notified too that my Mirkwood Army is coming in tomorrow. I'll try and post pics and impressions tomorrow. From what I know it's probably the best LotR/Hobbit army building set so far.

So I went by my Lego store this morning (Potomac Mills -- just in time for the ice storm!). They had all the Lone Ranger sets marked down 20%. Goblin King was in the clearance pile, but I didn't see the price. I was just in and out quick because of the weather.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice :) Yeah I have all those new hobbit sets on my list. I'm glad they are trying to limit character reuse as much as possible. Though I already have way too many Gandalfs, sigh. And I definitely don't need more Bilbos, especially when he already looks so much like Sam from the LotR LEGO sets.

I'm most excited about the upcoming Superhero sets, I'll probably get around half of them at MSRP cause my waiting threshold is lower on those. I really want Flash and Damian Wayne.

Liking most of those Spidey sets too but still wish they weren't Ultimate Spider-Man. For most figs it's not a big deal but on a few of the more drastically altered ones I'd prefer the Earth-616 versions.

Maturity. I has it.

More than I. I would have placed the cat and mouse in a more amorous position. How about a crossed eyed one? I can see having fun with those eyes. Very expressive especially with eyebrows.

I will wait for those sets to go for 25-30% off even though I really like them. All these 30-40% off deals lately is raising my resistance to close to MSRP prices, but lowering my impulse buying.

I couldn't resist this set at clearance prices on Amazon.
LEGO City Police High Speed Chase 60007
$17.25 (~42% off)

I'm not huge city theme guy, but this one has nice vehicles.

60007-1.jpg

EDIT: I talked myself out of it. If I see it on clearance for 50% off in the stores, I'll grab it then.

Where are you located? Target still has it on massive discount for ~55%.

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-goblin-king-battle-for-44-99-55-off-at-target-usa/

If you are only interested in the minifigs PM me and maybe we can work things out. I just ordered set from Target for the parts and plan on selling off the minifigs.

Awesome thanks :) shot you a PM

I am in the US n I almost bought it last night but was kinda bummed taxes n shopping added about $11 back onto it -_-

Jangbricks has reviewed Dol Guldur Battle and Dol Guldur Ambush. I'm assuming the other two will be up shortly.

I still want these, mainly for the figs. The builds are rather uninteresting, but they will make for excellent part packs. I'm keeping a MOC on hold until I see what pieces these can contribute with.

ghostmind

Jangbricks has reviewed Dol Guldur Battle and Dol Guldur Ambush. I'm assuming the other two will be up shortly.

I still want these, mainly for the figs. The builds are rather uninteresting, but they will make for excellent part packs. I'm keeping a MOC on hold until I see what pieces these can contribute with.

I saw these reviews this weekend, and I am warming to them a bit (mainly for the figs), but that could also be hype for the imminent movie.

Awesome thanks :) shot you a PM

I am in the US n I almost bought it last night but was kinda bummed taxes n shopping added about $11 back onto it -_-

For anyone that shops at Target once in awhile, I highly recommend the REDCard if you can qualify for it. It includes free shipping, but I'm not sure if there are any exclusions. I got free shipping with only purchasing the Goblin King set. The 5% off helps tremendously with taxes as well.

ghostmind

That Goblin King set is OOP, so even though it seems that it is being discounted everywhere right now, once those dry up this set will likely increase in price quite a bit, as all of its minifigures are exclusives, save for Gandalf.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Stopped by TRU this morning and saw some awesome deals you guys might want. Here are the more notable deals:

9464 The Vampyre Hearse - $19.99
70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech - $22.99
70708 Hive Crawler - $37.50 (Not losing out on it again after missing the $35 Target/Amazon one!)

In case you missed out on the earlier Amazon sales.

Plus there's $25 off your $100 LEGO purchase this week. Go!

Stopped by TRU this morning and saw some awesome deals you guys might want. Here are the more notable deals:

9464 The Vampyre Hearse - $19.99
70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech - $22.99
70708 Hive Crawler - $37.50 (Not losing out on it again after missing the $35 Target/Amazon one!)

In case you missed out on the earlier Amazon sales.

Plus there's $25 off your $100 LEGO purchase this week. Go!

A truly fantastic haul, my friend. Truly fantastic.

mojiimbo

You guys might want to call your local Lego stores this week if you're looking for those new Friends/Creator sets. That new Nightwing set too.

ghostmind

According to "DavidBrickley" on Brickset, the new Disney Princess sets are available at the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney. No idea if they have shown up at other LEGO stores yet.

Ponn

Banned
That Goblin King set is OOP, so even though it seems that it is being discounted everywhere right now, once those dry up this set will likely increase in price quite a bit, as all of its minifigures are exclusives, save for Gandalf.

Thats still not motivating me much. I mean I really need a haircut and dont have a flobee.

According to "DavidBrickley" on Brickset, the new Disney Princess sets are available at the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney. No idea if they have shown up at other LEGO stores yet.

Is there such a thing as too much enabling?

I'll grab the cheapest set as soon as it's out, but will wait for at least 20-30% discounts for the bigger sets.

courtesy of Eurobricks:

vjlVLm3.jpg

Looking at the "Hulk Smash Lab" set, it seems unfair to the bad guys.

It's Hulk, Falcon, and Thor against Taskmaster and MODOK. They need to throw in an Abomination or some mechs.

Although it seems Thor's hammer is taken. Does the Ultimate Spider-Man Thor lose his powers without the hammer? I remember Thor used to revert back to Donald Blake if he didn't have the hammer for more than 1 minute or something.

Looking at the "Hulk Smash Lab" set, it seems unfair to the bad guys.

It's Hulk, Falcon, and Thor against Taskmaster and MODOK. They need to throw in an Abomination or some mechs.

Although it seems Thor's hammer is taken. Does the Ultimate Spider-Man Thor lose his powers without the hammer? I remember Thor used to revert back to Donald Blake if he didn't have the hammer for more than 1 minute or something.

The super hero sets are completely stacked one way or the other. It's getting better over time though. At one point on my DC side, Batman and Robin had 12 villains as well as all their respective thugs to fight on their own. Now they have Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Superman as allies. On the other side of the equation, all my Avengers had Loki and 3 drones to fight at one point. To this day Marvel Lego villains are pretty seriously outclassed overall with 12 heroes vs 8 villains.

wetwired

My first train set arrives...

20131210_104523.jpeg

Looks like the extra set of tracks, malibu mansion attack and lone ranger stagecoach came seperately.

I'm thinking of putting together a santa sleigh with the engine around a train track at the bottom of the xmas tree. The stagecoach set has some nice dark red that will be useful for that when it shows up.

Is it all the first-wave hobbit sets or just Goblin King?

"Riddles for the Ring" and "Attack of the Wargs" are also OOP, however "An Unexpected Gathering" and the two 'preview sets' ("Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" and "Barrel Escape" ) are not.

Hmmm well I have the wargs already so that's good. yay amazon warehouse.

I really need to NOT freak out and panic-buy Moria and Goblin king.... it's ok to not have things....

I keep panicking and wanting to order Moria, Helm's Deep and possibly the furnace set. And then I realize that I wouldn't actually use the sets for anything and I have all minifigs I want already.

I'm only short of the goblin king dwarves to have all the figs I want n thankfully everyone here has been awesomely helpful :)

EDIT: Put a bid on an ebay auction of the Goblin King. THe prices on ebay for the complete set don't seem so bad honestly especially if you are in no need of the original box.

I put Mirkwood Army together last night and have mixed feelings about it even though it is overall positive. To summerize: it's a better set to the buyer depending on what they want to get out of it.

Anyone have any advice on building track layouts? I have the Lone Ranger train, so that is an oval to start with, but I want to add some more track for the horizon express.

Can someone point me to a slightly larger setup that would only use a box or so more of track?

ghostmind

Anyone have any advice on building track layouts? I have the Lone Ranger train, so that is an oval to start with, but I want to add some more track for the horizon express.

Can someone point me to a slightly larger setup that would only use a box or so more of track?

For more complex designs, you'll probably want to get some switching track (7895), and then add some Flex and Straight Track kits (7499) and maybe additional Flex track (8867) as well. Depending on who you talk to, Flex track is either the greatest new thing or Satan himself. Unfortunately they do not sell regular Curved track right now, so the best place to find it is through train kits or Bricklink.

The sky is the limit on layout...

w9syiuT.jpg

RM4xWxD.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm in for brave and both little mermaid sets. the other sets will be wait-and-see.

I think the friends line is pretty great (love how heavy they are on accessories)

Top Bottom