• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
FYI, don't overlook the Target 10% promo, discussed here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=94308703

I'm assuming this stacks on top of other sales, and if you can find some sets on Clearance you are going to be a very happy AFOL. Thinking about trying my luck

RE: LEGO Minecraft, I don't blame them for trying, their micro-sets have clearly sold VERY well, but compared to the other stuff LEGO is putting out, these just look ugly. I don't think it's a very good translation at all. I do like the Jazwares Minecraft figures (and I usually loath jazwares). I recently saw a ton of them at Target for 6.99 each (TRU is charging over $10)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It might be worth it if only for the Enderdragon. Otherwise those figures...eww.

Got a random box of bricks in the mail today from a GAFfer. Forgive me for not remembering the real name (and not having all my old PMs saved), but the christmas card inside was very nice, as was the extremely eclectic assortment of bricks inside. It looks like parts from SW Desert Skiff (guessing here since I never owned the set) and some Monster Fighter's stuff.

Thank you for this kind gift, from the bottom of my heart. It was such a nice surprise coming home and seeing that after a really, really shitty day at work.

EDIT: Definitely Monster Fighter stuff in here. Seems to be the vehicle from Vampyre Castle judging from the parts in the box.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
9vAkFCb.jpg

The cows look great. Creeper needs work, and I don't think Steve should use a regular minifig body.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but the Riddler/Flash set was at TRU Canada today @ $39. Nice to see it in person, but not worth the price.

Until I buy it, at which point I am certain I'll be able to justify the price.

ruxtpin

Banned
The only thing left for me to do is find some pieces to tidy up the corners of the base. Once that's done I think I'll leave it be for a while.

11474072814_57eedd4785_z.jpg

]
11474151086_cce5b02e1f_c.jpg

11474052335_2c9ca8ae5a.jpg

11474186403_dd677c2a62.jpg

And the back of the tower even has a little poo shoot...

11474149716_05893f2fe3_z.jpg

I just wonder how the interior looks. Is it mostly hollow? Is there an actual interior? How fragile is it with all those awesome 1x2 tiles on the sides?

That looks so awesome.

ruxtpin

Banned
I just wonder how the interior looks. Is it mostly hollow? Is there an actual interior? How fragile is it with all those awesome 1x2 tiles on the sides?

That looks so awesome.

Aye - Thanks Phon and Ghost!

It's just hollow in the interior, except for a pillar running up the middle and some support beams that extend out (at the bottom, middle, and top). It's pretty stable now, but putting it together was a little hair-raising since the columns that the tiles attach to aren't stable until they're all interconnected by the hinge bricks.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Got a random box of bricks in the mail today from a GAFfer. Forgive me for not remembering the real name (and not having all my old PMs saved), but the christmas card inside was very nice, as was the extremely eclectic assortment of bricks inside. It looks like parts from SW Desert Skiff (guessing here since I never owned the set) and some Monster Fighter's stuff.

Thank you for this kind gift, from the bottom of my heart. It was such a nice surprise coming home and seeing that after a really, really shitty day at work.

EDIT: Definitely Monster Fighter stuff in here. Seems to be the vehicle from Vampyre Castle judging from the parts in the box.

Merry Christmas Phon. I owed you one for the B&N coupons and the Harry Potter set you set me at cost anyway. Not sure exactly what I threw in there, but enjoy!

Merry Christmas Phon. I owed you one for the B&N coupons and the Harry Potter set you set me at cost anyway. Not sure exactly what I threw in there, but enjoy!

Thank you so much for the generosity. Funny how just rifling through the box I could identify some sets. Even stuff I don't already own, like the Desert Skiff. LOL.

Tempted to keep this box separate and make a MOC with just the contents of the box. Just for a goof. Maybe. If I have the energy.

Rootbeer

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001US69M4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Below MSRP for this out-of-print set... I've read great things about it (unless someone reading this snaps it up, no blame!)

Question about Pick-A-Brick:

I have a project in mind where I'm going to need quite a bit of those new joint pieces from the Legend Beasts set. I could accomplish it without them but it would give me the options I'm looking for. Do you guys know how long it takes for pieces such as this to work their way into Pick-A-Brick? I'd assume no earlier than Jan 1st but that's probably being too hopeful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001US69M4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Below MSRP for this out-of-print set... I've read great things about it (unless someone reading this snaps it up, no blame!)

Question about Pick-A-Brick:

I have a project in mind where I'm going to need quite a bit of those new joint pieces from the Legend Beasts set. I could accomplish it without them but it would give me the options I'm looking for. Do you guys know how long it takes for pieces such as this to work their way into Pick-A-Brick? I'd assume no earlier than Jan 1st but that's probably being too hopeful.

The parts for that set look very useful.

There are a lot of parts that never get to Pick-A-Brick. I highly doubt those parts especially since they are new will make it to Pick-A-Brick any time in the next several years if ever. Best bet for bulk would be Bricklink or hope for discounts on the Legend beasts, buy multiples, then sell off the minifigs.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Since buying the new house my LEGO spree has come to a very understandable hault. Chirstmas will be nice and my VIP points will be useful when the new modular comes out. Looks like a lot of new exciting sets and pieces are on the way. Hopefully I will be back to building soon.

leng jai

The Parisian Cafe looks fantastic - I'm a big of the smaller more intricate design like it and the Pet Shop. They've been on a roll with the Palace Cinema and now this since the rather boring Town Hall.

I was leaning towards this. Partly because they just threw the Turtle movies up on Amazon instant streaming and was looking for an excuse to watch them. SHELL SHOCKER!

Watched Turtles II on amazon a few nights ago and it made me crave pizza today (which I made happen).

I want to get the Kraang mini set now but am waiting for a drop again sub $10 at some point since I want the foot soldier and some of the transparent pieces.

Isn't that normally $180? Regardless, I say yes, it's a great build and awesome finished model. Its worth a wife's wrath. :)

Yes, $179.99 at B&N. I used the 30% off coupon + 10% membership card, it's knock $66.59 off the price. Oh and I was in Oregon shopping, so no sale tax. (Sort of another 8.75% saving from my usual local tax). I have to bribe my daughter to keep it on the down low. Good thing there was a book that wanted there.

Oh, I have a feeling there's a Giant Fun Ball under the tree for me also.

edit: It look like the 30% coupon is suppose to exclude the R2D2 but I guess they forgot about it and only exclude the LEGO mindstorm and studio set. I just got email with another 30% off coupon and r2d2 and Death Star are now excluded. I didn't realize some B&N have Death Star @_@ I can imagine some lucky guy bought one of those using coupon. That's $180 off.

wetwired

I put together something xmas, it was more to play around with using my new train tracks and engine but the kids have been enjoying it. Not particularly happy with how it looks but now I at least know how much space I need if I wanted to motorize anything else on tracks (I wanted to try it with my tumbler but there's not a chance everything will fit inside it.

The 2 minifigs in the back of the sleigh are my 2 kids.

Santa Sleigh by Brent Waller, on Flickr

I have a video of it in action uploading now.... will post when it's ready

I put together something xmas, it was more to play around with using my new train tracks and engine but the kids have been enjoying it. Not particularly happy with how it looks but now I at least know how much space I need if I wanted to motorize anything else on tracks (I wanted to try it with my tumbler but there's not a chance everything will fit inside it.

The 2 minifigs in the back of the sleigh are my 2 kids.

I have a video of it in action uploading now.... will post when it's ready

LOVE!

I had toyed with getting a motor to make a train to go around the tree, but I knew the cats would destroy it. But never did I think about motorizing a sleigh with Santa. So awesome.

Too bad they dont have tracks for inclines so you can make it look like he is taking off.

Rootbeer

Banned

Haha! Turned out great. Fun for both kid and cat alike

*cat long-leggedly scampers away*

Brickset.com's year-end report on their traffic:

"That's a 20% increase in the number of visitors compared to 2012, and a 25% increase in page views so the numbers are still going in the right direction. Compared with 2009, visitor numbers and page views are both up by over 300%."

More evidence of LEGO's continued growth as a brand, and all of this before the stellar-looking LEGO film hits theaters (can't wait to see it)

ruxtpin

Banned
Train under the tree! Love it. When I was young my folks got me one of the Lego trains. It's still at their house. I need to remember to piece it together the next time I'm down there. Could join the Maersk and Horizon Express.

B-Dex

Just so everyone knows we also got a sweet cooler with built in radio for our christmas gifts. To go along with christmas tales.

ghostmind

Rumor going around about the traditional CMF releases making a return in October. If true, then we would see 4 CMF releases this year:

LEGO Movie CMF (January)
Simpsons CMF (May)
Minifigures Online CMF (summer)
Series 12 CMF (October)

Rumor going around about the traditional CMF releases making a return in October. If true, then we would see 4 CMF releases this year:

LEGO Movie CMF (January)
Simpsons CMF (May)
Minifigures Online CMF (summer)
Series 12 CMF (October)

What are Minifigures Online? Did I miss some news on that?

I may call it quits on the CMFs after the Simpsons. They end up lined up on a shelf in my basement collecting dust...I have a bad collector bug and I'm not sure I enjoy them anymore.

I may call it quits on the CMFs after the Simpsons. They end up lined up on a shelf in my basement collecting dust...I have a bad collector bug and I'm not sure I enjoy them anymore.
I am a little burnt on them too. I never finished series 11 and really don't feel the need. Certain figures I will hunt down that look good, but being a completionist is taxing with the line lately.

Ryuuroden

Well I will get a 9 month break from them at least. I may still get 1 of each but even that will be way fewer than what i got before. Might skip simpsons line entirely. It was on during my childhood but was a banned show in my household so the number of episodes I've seen number in the single digits. The only reason I would buy them is investment and that's not why I buy LEGO.

Ryuuroden

Possible new Dewback?

xZnMPkA.jpga

From a Microfighters video unlocked via the Star Wars advent calendar.

This image reminds me of something I thought about before. Yeah, there aren't a lot of animals for earth zoo's but there are certainly plenty to make a galactic zoo which would be cooler imo.

Top Bottom