• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Haha, he IS a mall cop. That super serious face gives him away.

So Lego-GAF, what's everyone use for tracking their collections these days? Is it still primarily Brickset? I need a way of getting a handle on this mountain of Lego I've got taking over my house.

Brickset. Nice and simple, and it links to Rebrickable as well.

R-User!

The death of Galaxy Squad will happen this year (read: no new sets). Get your Hive Crawlers, Bug Obliterators, Vermin Vaporizers and Eradicator Mechs while you still can... Galactic Titans if they float your boat...

The death of Galaxy Squad will happen this year (read: no new sets). Get your Hive Crawlers, Bug Obliterators, Vermin Vaporizers and Eradicator Mechs while you still can... Galactic Titans if they float your boat...

I pretty bought the entire line aside from first two big sets in the first wave. Wonderful series, but it didn't reach the heights of Alien Conquest.

neonglow

lol! I agree. Total mall cop.

I actually have two of those now... have a feeling i may have 3 before the month is over... especially if that Simpsons House hits early like ghostmind indicated.

I ordered a few older Atlantis sets I found at a good price. Really love the minifigs in them.

Also snagged a gold dragon for $19 and change... not a huge Ninjago fan but I'm trying to diversify :)

I pose yet another question to LEGO GAF... what are your experiences with LEGO games? Not the video games, I mean the board and other table games. However, this includes any game that utilizes in some way physical LEGO bricks, including Life of George (which is an ios/android game that requires taking photos of LEGO bricks.) I have been curious about many of them, including Creationary, Life of George and Heroica to name a few.

Life of George is fun for a little while as you build the different pictures. Make sure you have an iOS device since it's very glitchy on Android.

I've tried a couple other board games, but they're intended for kids. The instructions are sparse and they encourage you to make up the rules.

Deefuzz

I pose yet another question to LEGO GAF... what are your experiences with LEGO games? Not the video games, I mean the board and other table games. However, this includes any game that utilizes in some way physical LEGO bricks, including Life of George (which is an ios/android game that requires taking photos of LEGO bricks.) I have been curious about many of them, including Creationary, Life of George and Heroica to name a few.

If you see a Life of George out in the wild (and want it) buy it while you can. It's done and beyond retired.

ghostmind

Was watching a video review of one of the new Star Wars sets, and I am surprised that LEGO is being allowed to use their new "missile" launchers (the ones on the ships that replace flick fires, not the new minifig guns). The new launchers send out the missile with considerable velocity.

On the other hand, I hope they aren't being nerfed for North America.

Was watching a video review of one of the new Star Wars sets, and I am surprised that LEGO is being allowed to use their new "missile" launchers (the ones on the ships that replace flick fires, not the new minifig guns). The new launchers send out the missile with considerable velocity.

Link to said review?

ghostmind

From the leaked images, it looks like the the Mammoth tribe in Chima are big-figs.

Actually I'm far more impressed by this year's Chima sets than last - JANG has done video reviews of a bunch of them, and they've stepped up the design and play features. Plus I like all the new tribes (bats, spiders, scorpions, rhinos). I may pick up this years sets.

rallaren

NR5D9HW.jpg

So I have built my used '96 6982 Explorien Starship and I am pretty happy with it. It did not really "bring me back", was never a favorite theme, but it's a cool ship. It just felt a tad outdated in how it's built and I do not miss the instruction where an eye is really needed to spot all the changes and parts added on each page. Not the best build experience beacause of this plus worrying about missing parts because the set is used. The robo minifig is also cool.

Ryuuroden

If they have the standard warnings and such on the boxes it won't be an issue. As long as they don't hit hard enough to bruise or cut you it's not going to be something they can be sued over. I mean LEGO has not been sued over some kid sticking small pieces in his ears or nose. There are so many projectile toys on the market already.

ruxtpin

Banned
Snagged the AT-TE off Amazon Warehouse for $65. Now I can't decide if should go ahead and pull the trigger in Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant or want a bit until a double points week.

I did my first pick a brick today, so good. The lego store I went in Sacramento did not have a lot of good pieces but it was still a lot of fun.

Now I just need to think what I will build with all those windows.

I did my first pick a brick today, so good. The lego store I went in Sacramento did not have a lot of good pieces but it was still a lot of fun.

Now I just need to think what I will build with all those windows.

Ooooh. What kinda windows?

4530589.jpg

4535834.jpg

4579304.jpg

4579305.jpg

And did they have the clear inserts for them? I got a ton of the 1x4x5 (the big boys), but would kill to get a ton of the 1x2 variations. If it was those, I will send a set your way if you can secure a ton of them. If it is the 1x4 variants, don't worry.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah the wall was very bare when I checked last week. About half the wall empty, other half had odd pieces I would have little use for. You really never know what they are going to have, and I'd be totally fine with that as long as the wall was stocked full or nearly so.

I guess all the people filling their free PAB boxes are why it's been so bare.

None, of those. Maybe my description was wrong, it was a clear piece, like half of this one:

B002_1_x_4_x_3_Train_Window_Clear.jpg

So I guess a 1x2x2

Ooooooh. Very nice find indeed. I snagged a bunch of 1x4x3 at one PAB wall once. And my wife got a bunch of the 1x2x2 for me one time. Those pieces that you got are very handy. Could be used for buildings, or they work great for big vehicles like busses.

Thanks for the games answers guys. I saw Life of George on discount. I'm thinking about grabbing it.

Seen this brickfilm featured on kotaku today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxFiq0jj5cg#t=0

That's a cool video.

Photo bomb of a comic series I did of Life of George.

Little background. Bentbricks is the antagonist in my comics. Minifig version shown in first photo. Wiener dipping is an ongoing joke on Instagram with a bunch of fellow LEGO people. It was started by a guy going by handle @wiiman on IG.

I'm guessing the bullets aren't silver anymore. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Life of Bentbricks. The bent life. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

It's really a thing. #wienerdipping by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

#wienerdipping by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Adventure Time. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Made man. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Wakka wakka @wiiman by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Rootbeer

Banned
Haha, he IS a mall cop. That super serious face gives him away.

So Lego-GAF, what's everyone use for tracking their collections these days? Is it still primarily Brickset? I need a way of getting a handle on this mountain of Lego I've got taking over my house.

Brickset. Nice and simple, and it links to Rebrickable as well.
Brickset of course :) Make sure to check out their upgraded site which is still in testing, http://new.brickset.com it's a very substantial upgrade. i really love the rebrickable integration too. Brickset is so great that if it went subscription, I'd hop on. i'm constantly using it. best way to keep track of what you have and what you need. It even has price tracking. see a set for sale on amazon? check the graph and see if it's ever been cheaper and when it was cheaper. can help inform rather you should wait for a better sale or not.
I have 3 out of 4, that's good enough for me :) Was a great theme, but I'm ready for something new. I guess the upcoming Agents is sorta replacing its place in the line? It seems like LEGO has their licensed sets, their standby sets which is mostly City and its offshoots like the recent coast guard stuff, then they have their experimental stuff like Galaxy Squad, Dino, Agents, Atlantis, etc. which gets 1 or 2 years of years of support and then they move on. I want to see more stuff in this category.
That is pretty freaking incredible animation for a 17-year old high school student!
I thought so. Watched it 3 times. I need to look more into brickfilms, there's decades worth of material out there. There's surely a lot of gems.
Yay, Shipping notification for Curiosity Rover!
I want one T__T hoping my LEGO store gets some in this week.
Found this today at Salvation Army (more than likely incomplete) for $12. Did I do good?

290_l.jpg
I literally hate you! That set is childhood distilled. Keep it safe. depends a lot on what pieces are missing, but a lot of them wouldn't bee too expensive to replace via bricklink. it's a really nice set, so it's probably worth investing a little money to get it complete so you can display it.
Are you near Sac Zulithe?

Saw a lot of people with a PaB box. I wish I had jumped on that offer.
San Fran! I should have but the timing wasn't good for me. Hoping I can hop on the next PAB promo.
Photo bomb of a comic series I did of Life of George.
Thanks for that. Great job on it. Wiener dipping though... I feel like chortling every time the phrase runs through my head.

Cool display/storage idea.
It's great... My, those minifig series are adding up fast. Wish I'd jumped on a lot sooner. What a great way to display them all together, you can literally stand in one spot and see them all. Problem is it won't be long and they'll need a second one :)

PSA or more enabling from fellow addicts.

If you have Fred Myers nearby, they are doing their January buy 2 get 1 free along with sale of older sets (Rancor set for $40). If you pick items with same prices then you can maximized the saving.

Rootbeer

Banned
Damn, closest Fred Meyer to me is in OR. Thanks though.

BTW antiquegamer, I received and built an A-Wing last week. Love that ackbar minifig :) I don't know why he has a clear cup but for whatever reason it suits him so well.

Dragoshi1

Gonna buy stuff from Amazon, that Lego Movie Set with the Monster Garbage Truck, and maybe some blinds for the Lego Movie minifigs. I plan to get the entire series in february, but I need to make some room first.

Gonna take apart a bunch of sets I have displayed and pack 'em back into their boxes for storage purposes, maybe I'll try getting rid of 'em or trading 'em off.

Easiest way to tell it's the secretary is her hair. The back of it flips up so it's a dead giveaway.

Thanks for the tips from you and Zulithe I found her in less than 5 minutes! Since Fred is doing buy two get one free I decided to grab the rest of the set. She was the hardest one for me to find until you tip off about the hair piece.

Top Bottom