• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asked nicely and the girl gave me a second Mr. Freeze. It's always good to ask nicely.

Also asked nicely at my local GameStop and got a Silver Centurion. :)

Honest question, how do you do that?

The Disney CMFs look like Chinese knock offs.

Some do, some don't. Like mentioned/ speculated before: some are probably based on the Disney World characters instead of the animation characters (like Donald, Minnie and Mickey).

Is it on purpose as not to eat into a future Ariel set or any of the existing Friends Ariel sets? *shrug*
Probably.

Just built the landspeeder from the cantina set and applied stickers on Lego for the very first time. That was not a fun experience and not something I plan on doing again. It did not come out great. Would probably have liked the speeder better without. Besides that is it is a great model.

Osahi

Just a quick heads up - I'm going to be putting the following up on bricklink over the next couple of weeks once I've parted them out and bagged them up. If anyone would be interested let me know. Europe only unfortunately as postage will probably be too much for US.

- 10197 Fire Brigade
- 8043 Technic Excavator
- 9398 Technic 4x4 Crawler
- 10226 Sopwith Camel
- 7347 Highway Pickup

Clearing out and will probably stick with SW OT ships, Architecture, and selected expert creator sets.

I knw that fire brigade will be way to much for my taste :p

melike75

Neo Member
If they aren't holding light sabers, guns, wrenches, and other random crap, they're not knock offs!

Oh! And it cant be related. Like, Spider-man needs to have a gun, Superman needs to have a lightsaber..etc. ;)

And Parrotbeak: Good lord! I'll keep Fred Frank away from that then! Thanks for the heads up ;) (although most of his videos do involve him getting damaged n some way (including emotionally...daw!)

Ponn

Banned
88kQOiR.jpg

F^ the police

Honest question, how do you do that?

At the Lego store, when the girl was putting my stuff in the bag and grabbed Mr Freeze from under the counter, I asked, "I love The promo figure. Would you be able to give me another?" And then I gave her a big smile and she said "of course!"

As for GameStop, there's been postings in other forums that quite a few stores got late shipments of Silver Centurions and Iron Patriots. They can't sell them so people have walked into the store and asked if they had any. At my store, I walked in and asked the kid behind the counter "Do you have any of those promo Lego figures that you guys gave away a while back?" Kid reached into the drawer and gave me a Silver Centurion. I asked if I had to buy anything (I would've bought a dimensions fun pack) but he said no.

If you think about it, the worst they can say is no and you're no worse off.

At the Lego store, when the girl was putting my stuff in the bag and grabbed Mr Freeze from under the counter, I asked, "I love The promo figure. Would you be able to give me another?" And then I gave her a big smile and she said "of course!"

As for GameStop, there's been postings in other forums that quite a few stores got late shipments of Silver Centurions and Iron Patriots. They can't sell them so people have walked into the store and asked if they had any. At my store, I walked in and asked the kid behind the counter "Do you have any of those promo Lego figures that you guys gave away a while back?" Kid reached into the drawer and gave me a Silver Centurion. I asked if I had to buy anything (I would've bought a dimensions fun pack) but he said no.

Anyone got an extra Silver Centurion?
That is one of my favorite Iron Man armors ever, but I just don't want the video game to go get it.

Holy $$$$ Batman! Silver Centurion looks like that may be the Iron Man that got away from me. Lowest price on BrickLink is $44 in UK. Only 4 sellers and one of them has 20.
Looks like most people want to keep that one. Would have been cheaper to preorder the game. Oh well.

Definitely worth asking at a Gamestop at that price.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nexo Knight fans. We have our first book + exclusive minifigure book combo. It comes with an exclusive shield too.

the-book-of-knights-nexo-knights.jpg

Prepare to enter the world of Knighton, a futuristic realm filled with with epic quests, scary monsters, and true technical wizardry, in LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™: The Book of Knights.

The latest must-have LEGO theme, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS introduces a new world of young trainee knights and their fiery foes. LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: The Book of Knights chronicles these heroes and their adventures, complete with upgrades and enhancements from a virtual wizard! Fans will be able to learn more about their favorite characters and their weapons, vehicles, powers, and more.

Full of all-new LEGO sets and characters, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: The Book of Knights comes with an exclusive minifigure and access to exclusive online content!

LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2016 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.
Produced by DK Publishing under license from the LEGO Group.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1465454004/?tag=neogaf0e-20

In related news, my Pirate Batman book shipped for arrival Tuesday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
oh damn, the maze is out already? I was right next to the lego store in Westfield yesterday and didn't go in because I didn't think there was anything new. Oh well, my kids would have nagged me for wasting money as usual :)

any impressions on it?

I knw that fire brigade will be way to much for my taste :p

I've got it pencilled in around £250. Low end of bricklink pricing to move it fairly quickly, but still not cheap. will post the list in the lego marketplace here

Having seen the official images of the Disney CMFs, there are only three I really want: Donald, Cheshire, Stitch

After I feel for and get these, whenever I feel like it I will feel around and try to get some of the following as well: Mickey, Buzz, Aladdin

Generally, each and everyone of them with regular lego cmf heads look terrible to me.

melike75

Neo Member

At my store, I walked in and asked the kid behind the counter "Do you have any of those promo Lego figures that you guys gave away a while back?" Kid reached into the drawer and gave me a Silver Centurion. I asked if I had to buy anything (I would've bought a dimensions fun pack) but he said no.

Wow, you're my new hero. I really need to do that. I can see my local people just laughing at me. Of course my problem with doing that at a LEGO store is there are NONE in Australia. Sigh.

Anyone got an extra Silver Centurion?
That is one of my favorite Iron Man armors ever, but I just don't want the video game to go get it.

One of my favourites too. My first Iron Man comic was #222 right in the Silver centurion era so..yeah..mad I missed that one too. :/

Must stop browsing eBay at work. Alien Mothership and Ghost Train arrived yesterday. A new in box Night Lord's Castle is coming today, and I just ordered a complete 4840 The Burrow.

Ponn

Banned
finished!

man this was fun to build!

what modular should I grab next? are all modulars fun?

Pet Shop is surprisingly still available but I have a feeling it will do a sudden disappearing act so if you are going for a collection and are the nervous type that should be it. Next to go would be Palace Cinema. Pet Shop gets alot of love around here but personally I feel Palace Cinema looks better on display. Pet Shop does fill in your block nicely if you are doing a street display though so I say, both?

Ryuuroden

Palace cinema is really good looking for display but it's the weekest since GE when it comes to being interesting to build. There is still not a modular I would tell someone not to get as long as it's msrp. I think they are all worth having.

ghostmind

Palace cinema is really good looking for display but it's the weekest since GE when it comes to being interesting to build. There is still not a modular I would tell someone not to get as long as it's msrp. I think they are all worth having.

Yes, "weakest" is a relative thing when talking about the modulars, since many of these are among the best sets that LEGO releases all year.

Pet Shop is surprisingly still available but I have a feeling it will do a sudden disappearing act so if you are going for a collection and are the nervous type that should be it. Next to go would be Palace Cinema. Pet Shop gets alot of love around here but personally I feel Palace Cinema looks better on display. Pet Shop does fill in your block nicely if you are doing a street display though so I say, both?

Pet Shop gets a lot of love for good reasons. It feels unlike many of the other modulars in so many (good) ways. I agree with everybody else that Palace Cinema looks nice (the roof is awesome) but is a very average build.

yeee new add!

Nice pick up! That is such a terrific little set. Swooshable model, awesome figs and a fun build.

ghostmind

I have been away for a bit, so has the upcoming 10252 Volkswagen Beetle been mentioned? It is priced at $99.99USD, the same as the Ferrari F40 and the Mini Cooper.

There was a previous Beetle released - set 10187 - but IMO it looked pretty rough, especially in the hood section. Hopefully the newer elements have resolved this issue.

This does put into question the Fairground Carousel. Set 10253 is Big Ben, and there is a set 10254 coming, but is that the Winter Village Train set or the Carousel? I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the information I have been provided, but to release a D2C vehicle, fairground, and advanced model in one year is atypical for LEGO.

Osahi

I have been away for a bit, so has the upcoming 10252 Volkswagen Beetle been mentioned? It is priced at $99.99USD, the same as the Ferrari F40 and the Mini Cooper.

There was a previous Beetle released - set 10187 - but IMO it looked pretty rough, especially in the hood section. Hopefully the newer elements have resolved this issue.

This does put into question the Fairground Carousel. Set 10253 is Big Ben, and there is a set 10254 coming, but is that the Winter Village Train set or the Carousel? I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the information I have been provided, but to release a D2C vehicle, fairground, and advanced model in one year is atypical for LEGO.

Woah. The misses and I would be all over a beetle. We got put of the dark ages first with the camper van, then we got sucked into the modulars and the rest is history. A expert vehicle would release in august, right?

I've actually just started on the Ferrari and am enjoying it quite a bit. I was lamenting the lack of a successor just yesterday so this is exciting. Have there been pics yet?

One Pet Shop is not enough

Are those yours? Great idea.

rokkerkory

Pet Shop gets a lot of love for good reasons. It feels unlike many of the other modulars in so many (good) ways. I agree with everybody else that Palace Cinema looks nice (the roof is awesome) but is a very average build.

Nice pick up! That is such a terrific little set. Swooshable model, awesome figs and a fun build.

thanks! the build was super fun, really neat detail and way of building.

Tendo

Been awhile since I bought some Lego so I splurged and ordered the 60's batcave today. I'm not super thrilled about the barren plate portion of the one piece but i have Joker Funland setup right now on part of my L desk and think the cave would complement it nicely.

Koren

No. I'll do it if I can find a second Pet Shop on clearance. The interior of the full size Brownstone is amazing. However, it should be constructed with the two doors in the middle.

The double Detective Office is even better.

images
I really like the double DO, I may do this.

I bought two PS so I can build twin houses and use the parts of the second shop to build a blue grocer...

1 modular, 2 modular
triple modular, quadruple modular

You can never have too many of the same modular.
Since FireBrigade I've been buying two of each - one for me, one for investment purposes. I won't bother with Pet Shop though because it's been out for so long and according to Lego investment sites "heavily hoarded" by scalpers meaning it's not projected to appreciate in the same way as Town Hall and Grand Emporium

Otoh, some people believe Parisian Restaurant will be retired before Palace Cinema which gives it decent investment potential.

Since FireBrigade I've been buying two of each - one for me, one for investment purposes. I won't bother with Pet Shop though because it's been out for so long and according to Lego investment sites "heavily hoarded" by scalpers meaning it's not projected to appreciate in the same way as Town Hall and Grand Emporium

Otoh, some people believe Parisian Restaurant will be retired before Palace Cinema which gives it decent investment potential.

The opposite reason is why Town Hall price exploded. Short life and not heavily hoarded as many passed buying it.

ruxtpin

Banned
Finished the F40 earlier. As usual, I'm amazed by the techniques that get used in these expensive sets. Fantastic looking display piece, and come on... It's a Ferrari F40!

melike75

Neo Member
Palace Cinema looks best when completed, but it is the weakest of the builds by a good margin.

Palace cinema is really good looking for display but it's the weekest since GE when it comes to being interesting to build.

Heh.I'm building that at the moment. Have all of them since Green Grocer and am quite surprised at the lack of interior detail specially coming off DO. BUt it looks cool on the outside and I'm very superficial ;)

NIce! I love the camper van and the mini cooper so this will fit right in.

I'll have to get the F40.. Eventually.. This year was hard on my wallet with the TFA sets, hopefully Rogue One won't have too many must haves..

teeny

I've firmly gone down the rabbit hole with Dimensions. Trying not to collect them all but now have Mister Stay Puft, Gimli and Uni Kitty on the way. <3 Amazon UK 3 for 2.

I still need to pick up the Simpsons and BTTF level packs as well as the new Midway one, but I've nearly platinumed the game. Next step is to get all of the hub collectables and then wait for the new level packs - there are some coming, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom