• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think of the Sandcrawler? I have been thinking about getting it but I'm not sure. Alternative would be getting the Force Awakens Tie and Xwing and Yeti stand to put them in motion.

Ponn

Banned

Men's room, complete with crumpled up paper towels on the floor near the trash can.

Someone didn't flush, and they also ran out of toilet paper.

And what might be the first ever LEGO tampon dispenser. Google searching showed no results. I was striving for realism in the restrooms, and was hemming and hawing about adding one. But once my wife saw the restrooms she commented that I needed to add one, so she confirmed my thinking.

That will be about all I am going to show off of the theater MOC until I get done with it. But let's say that both auditoriums' seating is complete. I just need to make the walls for the first half of it.

This thing is going to be very large.

Congratulations, you just started a new bathroom mocing fad!! Seriously though your commitement to detail and apparent ocd issues are commendable.

Why does a TRex live in your batcave?

Because he's Batman, thats how his Batcave rolls. I'm working on giant penny build now.

Koren

Congratulations, you just started a new bathroom mocing fad!!
True enough, I've been thinking myself about what I could do with this theme...

It's great, btw (the only thing I would change is the brick behind the bowl: I wouldn't put a grid brick there, because it's probably a bowl and not an half-bowl hanging on the wall (damn, it's difficult to explain :/)

True enough, I've been thinking myself about what I could do with this theme...

It's great, btw (the only thing I would change is the brick behind the bowl: I wouldn't put a grid brick there, because it's probably a bowl and not an half-bowl hanging on the wall (damn, it's difficult to explain :/)

But if the bowl is attached to the floor and not the wall? The only part connected to the wall is the flushing mechanism.

I'm not joking. Submit to ideas and you'll hit 10k just with the viral press you get. This is a great model. You could write a wall of text about the history of bathrooms or something.

TheFuzz

I'm still waiting on a window pane, but here is my latest MOC for my city, Tony's Pizzeria. This was a product of a "what pieces do I have that I don't plan on using?" idea that hit me.

I'll let the images speak for themselves. (This was a quick MOC with no planning, hope everyone likes the very old-school sign design).

Z1aqjrH.jpg

Tony says hi.

tDZDC70.jpg

Lonely guy. Drinks for one. Also: an arcade, like a pizzeria I remember from my early years.

5rYHtOJ.jpg

This is the front counter, manned by Tony. Pretty proud of the brick oven.

23Dtm1C.jpg

Final shot of the exterior.

Thoughts always welcome.

I'm not joking. Submit to ideas and you'll hit 10k just with the viral press you get. This is a great model. You could write a wall of text about the history of bathrooms or something.

I wanted to put some mirrors in, but only had one 2x2 tile with reflective sticker on it.

And IDEAS might be a good idea. The problem is right now it is literally at the back end of a much larger area of a baseplate. Of course, that wouldn't stop from just making another stand alone one. And it doesn't matter when putting up on IDEAS. Just crop the pic.

I will think about it. Just to see how much traction it gets. And there really isn't anything offensive in it either.

I'm still waiting on a window pane, but here is my latest MOC for my city, Tony's Pizzeria. This was a product of a "what pieces do I have that I don't plan on using?" idea that hit me.

I'll let the images speak for themselves. (This was a quick MOC with no planning, hope everyone likes the very old-school sign design).

Z1aqjrH.jpg

Tony says hi.

tDZDC70.jpg

Lonely guy. Drinks for one. Also: an arcade, like a pizzeria I remember from my early years.

5rYHtOJ.jpg

This is the front counter, manned by Tony. Pretty proud of the brick oven.

23Dtm1C.jpg

Final shot of the exterior.

Thoughts always welcome.

Love it. Especially the sad patron with his drink. The brick oven (works on two levels!) is particularly good as well. Are there fire pieces hiding inside? Maybe add a light brick too.

EDIT: AH! Finally saw at the one angle what you are using for the peel. A boat oar, right? Awesome idea.

I wanted to put some mirrors in, but only had one 2x2 tile with reflective sticker on it.

And IDEAS might be a good idea. The problem is right now it is literally at the back end of a much larger area of a baseplate. Of course, that wouldn't stop from just making another stand alone one. And it doesn't matter when putting up on IDEAS. Just crop the pic.

I will think about it. Just to see how much traction it gets. And there really isn't anything offensive in it either.

Love it. Especially the sad patron with his drink. The brick oven (works on two levels!) is particularly good as well. Are there fire pieces hiding inside? Maybe add a light brick too.

You could make an outhouse, a top tank style, and this modern style and sell it as 3 small vignettes like research institute.

TheFuzz

]

EDIT: AH! Finally saw at the one angle what you are using for the peel. A boat oar, right? Awesome idea.

Yeah, that's a boat oar... Thanks!

Good eye on the fire, too. It's actually stacked trans red-orange 1x1 plates lining the back four studs.

Koren

That's a nice suburban pizza parlor...

I really want to start doing modular MOCs myself, but I lack the pieces, and it's quickly an expensive hobby...

I've nearly completed my Blue Grocer, though... Just waiting on a last BL order (some 1x2 light bley bricks, because I've received what I think are light gray ones, and it shows, many 1x4 light bley plates because for some reason I forgot those, and dark bley grills bricks because I had ordered the wrong color...) although I still have to find the right color for the curtains on 1st floor (dark red are too expensive, and I don't know what to use instead) and I've lost a couple of the most expensive pieces (the viking plate and the cat, damn...)

A bit on the expensive side (probably about 300€) but I'm happy with the result, and it was quite fun. I may try to BL a modded Cafe Corner later.

I don't think the theme stands a chance on Ideas, but in term of quality, no doubt it would find success. Can't wait to see the whole building...

But if the bowl is attached to the floor and not the wall? The only part connected to the wall is the flushing mechanism.
I really can't explain... I'll try again, though. Imagine you put water in the bowl. It would probably touch the bowl borders on all side, and no water would touch the wall itself. With the grill, it seems that the wall act as one of the "borders" of the bowl.

But that's such a small detail when everything is great...

I really can't explain... I'll try again, though. Imagine you put water in the bowl. It would probably touch the bowl borders on all side, and no water would touch the wall itself. With the grill, it seems that the wall act as one of the "borders" of the bowl.

But that's such a small detail when everything is great...

I am lost. Honestly. I am just curious what you are referring to with regards to a real world toilet. Are you thinking the bowl is actually in contact with the slatted wall pattern right now? It is actually one stud away from it, but the pictures don't show that.

I'm not meaning this to come across as defensive, I am just curious as to what you are talking about. It could be some detail that I am completely overlooking. Sorry if I am coming across wrong in asking.

At least it isn't Kre-O

Koren

I am lost. Honestly. I am just curious what you are referring to with regards to a real world toilet. Are you thinking the bowl is actually in contact with the slatted wall pattern right now? It is actually one stud away from it, but the pictures don't show that.

I'm not meaning this to come across as defensive, I am just curious as to what you are talking about. It could be some detail that I am completely overlooking. Sorry if I am coming across wrong in asking.
Don't feel like that, *I* feel bad for arguing about such a detail when the whole display is nothing short of great.

But since you apparently want to know what I meant, I built one (not exactly the same, I'm lacking some parts... and also, I did it from memory, and there's a couple mistakes), but using different colors for the wall and the bowl.

I think using 2x1 grills is a great idea that really convey the feeling of lavatories. My point is that I think it's strange to find one inside the bowl. I would have expected the back of the bowl not having the texture of the wall.

MC4Q5qW.jpg

Is it clearer this way? Have I misunderstood what you tried to build?

Don't feel like that, *I* feel bad for arguing about such a detail when the whole display is nothing short of great.

But since you apparently want to know what I meant, I built one (not exactly the same, I'm lacking some parts... and also, I did it from memory, and there's a couple mistakes), but using different colors for the wall and the bowl.

I think using 2x1 grills is a great idea that really convey the feeling of lavatories. My point is that I think it's strange to find one inside the bowl. I would have expected the back of the bowl not having the texture of the wall.

MC4Q5qW.jpg

Is it clearer this way? Have I misunderstood what you tried to build?
Oooooh. I thought you were referring to the toilets, not the sink. My bad. Yes, I get it now. Definitely something to fix now that you point it out. Thank you.

I was hoping the lighthouse would be $50 but $60 is kinda pushing it for me. It looks pretty small for that price but I guess it has a lot of really nice details and the modularity of it is cool too.

I'm gonna need to get that bridge battle Spiderman set though eventually. Looks seriously awesome.

Okay, since it was pointed out the sink had no real back, I fixed it. Instead of disassembling the whole wall, I just added a 2x2 tile behind the sink that attached to the SNOT. This also allowed me to do something different for the faucet because the depth works perfectly now.
I think it is much, much better now. Thank you so much for the suggestion to fix the sink.

mrkgoo

Okay, since it was pointed out the sink had no real back, I fixed it. Instead of disassembling the whole wall, I just added a 2x2 tile behind the sink that attached to the SNOT. This also allowed me to do something different for the faucet because the depth works perfectly now.
I think it is much, much better now. Thank you so much for the suggestion to fix the sink.

Is that a silver frog? Lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Took apart The Tumbler.

#2 most annoying set to take apart after UCS Imperial Shuttle.

outright gave up trying to separate these...

93uxmbN.jpg

That pizza place is cool! Coincidentally I'm making one of my own, but it has a different approach. You did remind me that I need to make place for an arcade cabinet in there...

wetwired

Took apart The Tumbler.

93uxmbN.jpg

Urgh, yeah I put together 2x of those batpods that use these, one for a friend. I built them to ensure i had all the parts before sending them to him, I just gave up with these as it was impossible

Koren

It's great...

I had a hard time understanding how the bottom of the sink was connected to the rest because I thought you used a 15672/92946 on the side.
92946.png

And after looking carefully, I'd lean towards a cheese on a 2x2 corner plate, is it correct?

Funilly enough, when I searched something for the faucet, I stumble upon a frog, wondered about it, and decided against because I only had it in bright yellow ^_^ That's telepathy! It's nice to see that it works.

Took apart The Tumbler.

93uxmbN.jpg
But not as bad as UCS Imperial Shuttle? That's good, as that is horrible to disassemble. I can't decide if the wings themselves or their connection point to the main body are worse to take apart.

I was hoping the lighthouse would be $50 but $60 is kinda pushing it for me. It looks pretty small for that price but I guess it has a lot of really nice details and the modularity of it is cool too.

I'm gonna need to get that bridge battle Spiderman set though eventually. Looks seriously awesome.

Wait, that tiny Creator Lighthouse set is actually 60(euros) then???

Ugh, that is REALLY bad as far as prices go...I'd have put it at 29.99 honestly.

I may be mistaken but even the Scooby one wasnt 60 was it? And that sure looked like it had more pieces but hey, i may be mistaken...

Koren

I may be mistaken but even the Scooby one wasnt 60 was it? And that sure looked like it had more pieces but hey, i may be mistaken...
It was 50$, and it's actually a smaller set (437 pieces vs 528). The Scooby Doo lighthouse is slightly shorter, but it's also open in the back, that help keeping the part count low.

I'm not fond of the price-per-part metric, but it's exactly the same at about 11.4 cent per piece.

Took apart The Tumbler.

93uxmbN.jpg
I skimmed through the Tumbler instructions to see these pieces. Is it just the clutch between the two pieces by themselves that's really hard to pull apart? I didn't see any construction that would make it more difficult.

Man, the Tumbler looks so good based on the instructions. I would rent that set just to build.

Ponn

Banned
I skimmed through the Tumbler instructions to see these pieces. Is it just the clutch between the two pieces by themselves that's really hard to pull apart? I didn't see any construction that would make it more difficult.

Man, the Tumbler looks so good based on the instructions. I would rent that set just to build.

I'd rent you mine but based on your avatar i'm not sure what illicit things you may do with the parts...

It was 50$, and it's actually a smaller set (437 pieces vs 528). The Scooby Doo lighthouse is slightly shorter, but it's also open in the back, that help keeping the part count low.

I'm not fond of the price-per-part metric, but it's exactly the same at about 11.4 cent per piece.

Wow, it's actually bigger? I guess it's because the Scooby one to me is the best Lighthouse set Lego has put out so far. It looks a lot more substantial and finished imo than any of the other ones... Ugh, i just wish Lego would make a huge D2C Creator Lighthouse with 2000+ pieces or something... I'd be first in line to get that!

Koren

Wow, it's actually bigger?
I think the creator tower is ever so slightly bigger, but since the Scooby Doo's one is sitting on higher ground, it should be higher.

The main difference is that Scooby Doo's tower is only about half a tower...

I think it looks better, though. Even if I really don't like the first floor door.

kapowza

27577655981_664c1cc46a_b.jpg

27617016036_0679a6cc02_b.jpg

Looks nice. I've bought the VW Camper, Mini Cooper and Ferrari but sold the latter 2 after a couple of months as I didn't love them enough to make room. I think this will be a keeper.

Osahi

Oh wow, that Beetle is a looker! Only have the camper for now (brought me half back from the dark ages, as it was the first set i bought in years, but it took a while before i bought another one), but this will sure find it's place next to it!

ghostmind

Oh wow, that is so much better than the last Beetle.

And apparently the source of these photos just bought the set in a store in Romania.

mrkgoo

And apparently the source of these photos just bought the set in a store in Romania.

OH wow, I've always wanted to get a larger expert set like this, but have passed on others. But I might bite on this. If only it were in yellow to itch my Bumblebee fetish.

what was the last Beetle?

edit: 10187 from like 8 years ago? -yeah this new one is more modern... I like!

Still haven't decided if I want to fully commit to the Lego Creator Expert line of cars but I do have the VW Camper and I will very likely grab the bug to sit next to it.

I can't believe it is already on shelves!

I will definitely get it. Loved the first two and the Ferrari was a nice surprise-wasn't expecting much but ended up enjoying the build quite a bit.

Fantomex

Gonna try to stop lurking and be more active. Clone Wars is what brought me back to the Lego fold, i saw a Republic Gunship on Craigslist and finally bought it. I had wanted it for many years. I went with the 2008 version because it fits a ton of troopers and seemed more realistic. I've now also purchased The Ghost, The Phantom and Captain Rex At-te because I've been watching Rebels and it's awesome.

HXHNUDZ.jpg

OMG, that Beetle. BRB, buying the Camper. I need to find some place to keep them both, but they will look marvellous together (assuming similar scale).

Edit: Hmmm, the Camper is only slightly longer so I'm assuming they're not in scale.

It's great...

I had a hard time understanding how the bottom of the sink was connected to the rest because I thought you used a 15672/92946 on the side.
92946.png

And after looking carefully, I'd lean towards a cheese on a 2x2 corner plate, is it correct?

Funilly enough, when I searched something for the faucet, I stumble upon a frog, wondered about it, and decided against because I only had it in bright yellow ^_^ That's telepathy! It's nice to see that it works.

wZC6FqAl.jpg

L74ctaGl.jpg

It is 2 L bricks with 2x2s under them to attach to the SNOT and go over the 2x2 tile. Then cheese slopes and the armrest style piece underneath.

yPRvmXZl.jpg

I also changed the tampon dispenser to make it look less like a face. Might still mess with the bottom more.

5cCltffl.jpg

Also changed the flushers in the urinals. Made em gray and added a stud. I think they are an improvement.

OMG, that Beetle. BRB, buying the Camper. I need to find some place to keep them both, but they will look marvellous together (assuming similar scale).
Don't forget the Mini Cooper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom