• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkgoo

bueRDSLl.jpg

Sink, soap dispenser, and paper towels in place. And now I am probably going to be late for work.

Lol I'm just doing a drive by glancing and I Thought it was a photo of a real bathroom on first glance. Love the soap dispenser.

wetwired

It was mentioned in this thread there was a difference between the GB HQ Slimer and the Dimensions Slimer. I don't have either yet. Thought I'd post an image of the differences.

27104072042_3f78ebc668.jpg

Lego 71241 - Ghosbusters Slimer from Dimension Fun Pack by Gnaat Lego, on Flickr

I was gonna do a similar pic but I couldn't find my firehouse one. I do prefer the lighter colour but to be honest neither of them are terribly great. They seem to be designed to match the cartoon series/GBII look over the original film. That and I'm not a fan of the massive mouth printed on, or the printing general. I prefer my custom job I bought even if the arms come off

Oh wow, the Apollo 11 Saturn V got approved! I completely missed that because I closed the video at the Beatles announcement.

The Saturn V should be the biggest, most expensive Ideas set yet, right? Hopefully it sells well and launches a new Space line.

I predict the Fossil Museum and Johnny 5 will be the next to be approved.

wetwired

That sucks. Thanks for the warning. I'm only active in the Lego thread.

Anyone still having trouble finding Disney CMF's or is it just me? I've seen them only once (five packs) at my two local Targets since release. I'm starting to get afraid that TLG underestimated demand and won't be producing more (shifting production to next CMF series).

This is in Australia so it may not be as relevant overseas but from what my retailer friend tells me, the previous 2 series before Disney were overproduced and overstocked. Looks like they may have gone too far in pulling back production in response

TLG has been really piling on the shit SW sets lately, I have no clue wtf is going on.. The Rogue One imperial tank set looked like some kid dropped his father's First Order Snow Speeder and hastily tried to put it back together hoping he wouldn't notice.. There was Hoth.. And now these freemaker sets.. Ugh..
Eclipse looks good. I just got my S&H order with it and will probably build it first. Will post impressions later.

bueRDSLl.jpg

Sink, soap dispenser, and paper towels in place. And now I am probably going to be late for work.
Toilet is disgusting. Love it. Paper towel dispenser is probably my favorite part of this.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post but I just noticed that Zulithe is banned. He was a big contributor in this forum and also a local GAFer to me. I wonder what happened?

He's fine! It's just a 30 day ban for something silly. We're still talking plenty in our Toy LINEGAF group. :)

Osahi

Disney series is sold out again on S@H... Was just going to try my luck ordering 20 with some VIP points I had left. Hope they are back soon, because I would hate missing out on this series as a huge Disney fan...

Osahi

Finally find some Disney figs in the wild! Seems like Dreamland (the biggest toy shop in the area does carry them (they didn't do the other minifig series). I was passing by on my way to another store and thought: can't hurt to check.

Box was half-full. Is it me, or are these hard to feel? Couldn't recognize any of them, though you should think they are pretty easy to feel out. Decided to blind grab 10. Got 7 new ones and 3 doubles. Quite a good catch. Still looking for 8 more. I'm going to frequent 2nd hand sites to see if people want to trade (some do allready, but none are searching for my doubles or have what I'm looking for)

Eclipse looks good. I just got my S&H order with it and will probably build it first. Will post impressions later.
I really liked the Eclipse build. It has some interesting techniques and I was never bored.

The front facade goes on a bit awkwardly because it connects to a 2x4 SNOT piece that doesn't have anything behind it on the bottom half, so it's hard to press it together snugly. In the end when it's in non-attack mode the two sides didn't match up perfectly although it's good enough when viewed from the front.

I will probably buy more copies of this set if I see it on sale just to build again and then use the parts. Has a lot of useful pieces and great ppp ratio.

I'm going to reuse the round print pieces already because they are really nice and completely wasted in this set, although I assume it has some importance to the show.

Oh ya, the cape is a softer fabric than the usual cape. You can actually keep it on when the fig is sitting in the ship.

The Freemaker Adventures trailer:

https://youtu.be/wk8apGoldq8

Not feeling this at all - I know it is intended for kids, but my son (who is also a big Star Wars fan) also thought this was stupid.
I think Jang's review alluded to a spoiler in the Eclipse ship and now I get it.
I assume that's why the really cool round print is hidden in the non-attack mode of the ship.

TheFuzz

I finished the main build of Vacation Getaways today.

Real talk.....

Vacation Getaways might be THE set of the year. In a year where I have already built the GB Firehouse and the Brick Bank among others.. Dollar for dollar, this may be the best set I've built.

Everyone knows how good it looks, but it's incredible how good the micro-builds are and how many awesome building techniques are implemented in the build. A true gem, and will likely be one of those sets we talk about in a few years. The sleeper mechanism, grill/table, and the beds inthe yacht are some of the small highlights of this WONDERFUL set.

I can't stress this enough, if you're even thinking about it: GET IT.

Real talk.....

Vacation Getaways might be THE set of the year. In a year where I have already built the GB Firehouse and the Brick Bank among others.. Dollar for dollar, this may be the best set I've built.

Everyone knows how good it looks, but it's incredible how good the micro-builds are and how many awesome building techniques are implemented in the build. A true gem, and will likely be one of those sets we talk about in a few years. The sleeper mechanism, grill/table, and the beds inthe yacht are some of the small highlights of this WONDERFUL set.

Preach

ghostmind

Real talk.....

Vacation Getaways is the first set where I am considering buying three of them, so I can keep all the builds at once.

I expect to see this set on some of our Top Sets of 2016 lists.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars

Ponn

Banned
Brickset has updated designer list of sets they made.

http://brickset.com/bricklists/featured

Seems we have this designer to thank for Giant Ant-Man (Giant-Man) and the web warriors bridge.

http://brickset.com/sets/list-14595

The only thing I really liked about that Giant Man set was Giant Man, everything else was pretty worthless to me in that set. As much love as that set gets, and it does deserve it for that really fresh and innovative Giant Man build, I feel that Bridge Battle is going to be a truly great set and something for that designer to be proud of.

I've been slowly working on breaking down my sets into ziploc bags today and boxing them up for storage. I'm finalizing my display shelves for revamping and more of a final display theme per shelf. It's putting into perspective what I should and shouldn't buy coming up and from now on what I should try and bricklink for figs. It's going to hurt me but those upcoming Batman sets in particular are screaming to be bricklinked. I'm bagging up that Joker Steamroller set and that was a top set for me (despite the horrid Batwing build). I'm bagging up most of my Jokerland but i'm leaving that out of storage for now because I may find a way to integrate that into my carnival display better. If i'm not going for Tower Bridge or Big Ben then that means the display place I had earmarked for those can now go to a carnival display for my Ferris Wheel, Mixer and whatever the new set is.

I have 4 shelves all together, all equal length. This is a couple rought sketches of what I have in mind. Go ahead and get the laughing out of the way for my horrible drawing.

MEppPl4.jpg

0w85tMm.jpg

I was originally going to have my Batcave set up in a different place but its going to be too small for what I have planned now for turning that upcoming Ninjago set into a Bat-puter area and launching platform for the Batwing. I'm now going to use that area for my Helms Deep and LoTR display instead. My Modular shelf is going to be a tight fit and unfortunately I have no idea what i'm going to do next year with the new set.

Speaking of bathrooms, checkout this really amazing doll house. The scale just works so well from the doors to the wired lights to that amazing bathroom and kitchen.

Tour this huge LEGO dollhouse
That is fantastic work. Thank you for sharing. It is almost Technic figure scale too. :)

I am putting a few more things in on the theater MOC now. Will post some more bathroom pics soon. Let's just say that it looks like a minifig pulling toilet paper off the roll right now.

TheFuzz

Wow, that is incredible, and at a scale we don't often see from MOC builders. Love the windows.

Yes, thanks for posting this, Fish.

Those decades-old plates with square anti-stud bottoms as walls is genius. My dad has some old pieces at my grandmothers' house, and there's plenty of these. May have to try that.

Men's room, complete with crumpled up paper towels on the floor near the trash can.

Someone didn't flush, and they also ran out of toilet paper.

Women's room. Yes, I am aware there is a gap between the stall doors and the dividers and people could see in. Just like a public restroom.

One stall was made to make it look like a mini fig was pulling toilet paper. I obviously won't have someone so happy about cleaning their backside when I actually finish the MOC.

And what might be the first ever LEGO tampon dispenser. Google searching showed no results. I was striving for realism in the restrooms, and was hemming and hawing about adding one. But once my wife saw the restrooms she commented that I needed to add one, so she confirmed my thinking.

That will be about all I am going to show off of the theater MOC until I get done with it. But let's say that both auditoriums' seating is complete. I just need to make the walls for the first half of it.

This thing is going to be very large.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The only thing I really liked about that Giant Man set was Giant Man, everything else was pretty worthless to me in that set. As much love as that set gets, and it does deserve it for that really fresh and innovative Giant Man build, I feel that Bridge Battle is going to be a truly great set and something for that designer to be proud of.

I've been slowly working on breaking down my sets into ziploc bags today and boxing them up for storage. I'm finalizing my display shelves for revamping and more of a final display theme per shelf. It's putting into perspective what I should and shouldn't buy coming up and from now on what I should try and bricklink for figs. It's going to hurt me but those upcoming Batman sets in particular are screaming to be bricklinked. I'm bagging up that Joker Steamroller set and that was a top set for me (despite the horrid Batwing build). I'm bagging up most of my Jokerland but i'm leaving that out of storage for now because I may find a way to integrate that into my carnival display better. If i'm not going for Tower Bridge or Big Ben then that means the display place I had earmarked for those can now go to a carnival display for my Ferris Wheel, Mixer and whatever the new set is.

I have 4 shelves all together, all equal length. This is a couple rought sketches of what I have in mind. Go ahead and get the laughing out of the way for my horrible drawing.

MEppPl4.jpg

0w85tMm.jpg

I was originally going to have my Batcave set up in a different place but its going to be too small for what I have planned now for turning that upcoming Ninjago set into a Bat-puter area and launching platform for the Batwing. I'm now going to use that area for my Helms Deep and LoTR display instead. My Modular shelf is going to be a tight fit and unfortunately I have no idea what i'm going to do next year with the new set.

Why does a TRex live in your batcave?

peely

Neo Member
<snipped pictures>

And what might be the first ever LEGO tampon dispenser. Google searching showed no results. I was striving for realism in the restrooms, and was hemming and hawing about adding one. But once my wife saw the restrooms she commented that I needed to add one, so she confirmed my thinking.

That will be about all I am going to show off of the theater MOC until I get done with it. But let's say that both auditoriums' seating is complete. I just need to make the walls for the first half of it.

This thing is going to be very large.

These look fantastic :)

ghostmind

$120 MSRP for that is fucking ridiculous. I'm sorry, I understand the whole price per piece thing and all but come on. It's ludicrous.

It's a better deal than last year's Spaceport (824 pcs vs 586pcs for $120), but I agree. CITY theme pricing, especially in the larger sets, has gotten ridiculous over the last several years.

ruxtpin

Banned
I usually avoid stickers, but I put together one of the Audi Speed Champion sets. Would have been quite a dull model without the stickers; looks pretty awesome once finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom