• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Bricklink Interface

There used to be a link in the old interface whenever you were at a specific store to list only the items in that store that were on your "wanted list". It would filter out any items that did not meet the requirements such as count and price. There was a 2nd link to ignore filtering and just show all items that store has in your "wanted list".

I would like to find all items in my wanted list and filter out ones that don't meet my criteria. I can't figure out how to do that. Does anyone know how to in the new interface?

Thanks.

Seeing minifigs I thought would never happen is great. Here's hoping Peanuts and Snoopy somehow make it into LEGO Dimensions. Then follow it up with a CMF series.

Eh, after finding out we're actually getting Mr. T and Michael Knight minifigs, anything, literally ANYTHING is now possible! Lego just went overboard with the crazy so i won't rule out any properties anymore now..

ghostmind

LEGO Heaven is closing?

b0gEZwn.gif

Maengun1

Oh wow, I'm definitely going to pick up both those ideas sets once they're made. My mother is a Beatles fanatic and she's actually bought some small creator sets for herself in the past, this is perfect :)

Eh, after finding out we're actually getting Mr. T and Michael Knight minifigs, anything, literally ANYTHING is now possible! Lego just went overboard with the crazy so i won't rule out any properties anymore now..
Well, don't go overboard like those knuckleheads in the other thread trying to argue Rick & Morty would be possible. Heh. :p

But yeah it looks like nothing is off the table. Obviously anything under the WB umbrella is fair game provided it's not an adult property, including Cartoon Network stuff. I would LOVE a Steven Universe Level Pack and Team Pack and Fun Pack to get Steven and the Gems. I still feel like we're gonna get Hannah-Babara properties at some point too, Flintstones and Jetsons at least. It'd be rad as hell to get Loony Toons Lego too. Then you look at movies and Iron Giant anyone? Cats Don't Dance? Sinbad? SPACE JAM???

Do you think Ace Ventura is too lewd to fit in Lego's PG-13? An Ace Minifig with the Hawaiin shirt and special hair omg.

Is Paramount owned by WB now or are they doing actual licensing for Mission: Impossible? Because Ferris Beuller's Day Off could be a Level Pack. Sherlock Holmes, Starsky & Hutch?

And not WB related but I WANT MUPPETS. Disney Infinity didn't use them, nobody is effing using them, throw them into Lego Dimensions dammit. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo. Vehicles would be Fozzie's Studabaker and Electric Mayhem's tour bus. Brick built Gonzo the Great Canon. Adventure World could be the Muppet Show theater, Level/Story Pack could be based on a Muppet caper movie. If it's a Story Pack the Portal could be the Muppet Show stage.

GET ON IT LEGO.

This yt comment summed up my reaction:

I do like the minifigs though. Really nice detail on the torsos of the two adults.

TLG has been really piling on the shit SW sets lately, I have no clue wtf is going on.. The Rogue One imperial tank set looked like some kid dropped his father's First Order Snow Speeder and hastily tried to put it back together hoping he wouldn't notice.. There was Hoth.. And now these freemaker sets.. Ugh..

Well, don't go overboard like those knuckleheads in the other thread trying to argue Rick & Morty would be possible. Heh. :p

But yeah it looks like nothing is off the table. Obviously anything under the WB umbrella is fair game provided it's not an adult property, including Cartoon Network stuff. I would LOVE a Steven Universe Level Pack and Team Pack and Fun Pack to get Steven and the Gems. I still feel like we're gonna get Hannah-Babara properties at some point too, Flintstones and Jetsons at least. It'd be rad as hell to get Loony Toons Lego too. Then you look at movies and Iron Giant anyone? Cats Don't Dance? Sinbad? SPACE JAM???

Do you think Ace Ventura is too lewd to fit in Lego's PG-13? An Ace Minifig with the Hawaiin shirt and special hair omg.

Is Paramount owned by WB now or are they doing actual licensing for Mission: Impossible? Because Ferris Beuller's Day Off could be a Level Pack. Sherlock Holmes, Starsky & Hutch?

And not WB related but I WANT MUPPETS. Disney Infinity didn't use them, nobody is effing using them, throw them into Lego Dimensions dammit. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo. Vehicles would be Fozzie's Studabaker and Electric Mayhem's tour bus. Brick built Gonzo the Great Canon. Adventure World could be the Muppet Show theater, Level/Story Pack could be based on a Muppet caper movie. If it's a Story Pack the Portal could be the Muppet Show stage.

GET ON IT LEGO.

Yep, Rick & Morty is as likely as Beavis & Butthead getting made by LEGO.

Looney Tunes
Muppets
Hannah-Barbera
All also on my wishlist.

Until then, there always is this version of Looney Tunes brought to you by the same makers of Doctor Who before LEGO got the license.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpr...es-1-complete-set-of-ten-figures-from-the-uk/

Speaking of Doctor Who, I really hope the Doctor Who LEGO Ideas sets sold well so we can get all the versions/incarnations of the Doctor.

It's very interesting how licenses switch between other brick companies and LEGO. It's happening quite a lot lately. Mega Bloks had Pirates of Caribbean and Marvel Super Heroes. TMNT has gone from Mega Bloks to LEGO back to Mega Bloks. Sponge Bob went to LEGO then Mega Bloks. K'nex had Angry Birds and Beatles. Character Building had Doctor Who.

Now that Sonic has gone LEGO, I hope someday K'nex loses Super Mario license and LEGO gets it.

I got that K'Nex Yellow Submarine for my dad and just told him about the Lego Ideas one a few hours ago. He's excited but disappointed that they didn't include a Blue Meanie or Glove. I explained to him that they can't do new mounds on Ideas sets so Blue Meanies were out unless they were brick built, but Glove seems like it could have been added fairly easily. I wonder if TLG will change the set at all? Hopefully they make it a bit more rounded and full looking. I don't think either of them do a good job representing the sub right now. Lego is closer but hopefully TLG can spruce it up.

It's funny, I actually hate the Yellow Submarine movie and think the art style is absolutely horrifying but I really like the sub itself and sort of the way the Beatles look. Definitely gonna get one for my dad and I'll probably pick one up for myself too.

When should these be out, early to middle 2017?

wetwired

Yep, Rick & Morty is as likely as Beavis & Butthead getting made by LEGO.

Looney Tunes
Muppets
Hannah-Barbera
All also on my wishlist.

Speaking of Rick and Morty, this happened today...

justin.JPG

In regards to Looney Tunes, considering it's a WB property and LEGOs close involvement with them (Harry Potter, LOTR, Batman etc) I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet

Osahi

No luck on the Disney figs hunt today. Grabbed a series 15 Queen though. Was trying to grab a janitor too, but wasn't to sure on my feels, so I didn't risk it.

Lots going on in the official Lego world, but keep in mind on the 20th new figs hit aliexpress! Atom, Spawn, Deadpool with unmasked face option, and a slew of knock offs!

wetwired

What do you mean? Spike is a Gremlin. Or did you think I meant Spike in his... whatever Gizmo's species is called form? Sorry I wasn't clear! From the look of the Dimensions Series 2 banner, Spike is a full-on Gremlin Minifig! :D

95BMGYa.jpg

Spike is in the top right and Gizmo is bottom middle under the word "going"

I hadn't seen that image! fucking awesome, now I'm satisfied (assuming it will be an actual minifig)

Osahi

JANG reviews 76057 Spider-Man Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle:

https://youtu.be/OWYGYhnsccs

I'm not into Super-Hero stuff (I go see every Marvel movie that comes out, and read some comics, but that's it), but this looks like such a brilliant set...

About brilliant sets. Fun in the Park arrived. Minifigure goodness! My modular street is overcrowded now. I'll have to move some folks inside the houses :p

Will grab a green baseplate at my parents over the weekend to tie the park set together by the way. Don't like how it's al loose builds at the moment.

Damn, Brick Bounty is already retired?! Thought it would stick around for a couple of years at least. Something about the set (maybe the colours compared to the Barracuda I always wanted) made me hesitate.

Anyone get the 911 yet? I might order a couple of servo motors and a remote with it, see if there is a way to motorise it. Waiting for my next CC billing cycle. :/

I kind of want 4x spiderman bridge battles. You could scale it up, increase the height and width, and it would display amazingly well.

I also have a shiiiiitload more spiderman characters and villains to fill out the battle area.

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post but I just noticed that Zulithe is banned. He was a big contributor in this forum and also a local GAFer to me. I wonder what happened?

Speaking of Rick and Morty, this happened today...

justin.JPG

In regards to Looney Tunes, considering it's a WB property and LEGOs close involvement with them (Harry Potter, LOTR, Batman etc) I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet

That is cool. Time for Waller Customs to work on and improve custom Rick and Morty minifigs.

Lots going on in the official Lego world, but keep in mind on the 20th new figs hit aliexpress! Atom, Spawn, Deadpool with unmasked face option, and a slew of knock offs!

The one that caught my attention is the movie version Harleyquinn.

That off-brand Yellow Submarine made me realize I want the Tick Lego.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Was gonna make a comment on why Tick figs were in it.

Hype increases.

Truth! LEGO is delivering on the Super Hero minifigs this time around.

Images from Gnaat LEGO feed on Flickr
27337061216_3b55ebd41c.jpg

27529257345_b01a751667.jpg

27529189035_45596c093f.jpg

27095201970_b0cdac2f85.jpg

26995385670_8f5a93829b.jpg

I kind of want 4x spiderman bridge battles. You could scale it up, increase the height and width, and it would display amazingly well.

I also have a shiiiiitload more spiderman characters and villains to fill out the battle area.

DO IT! We've seen 2x build posted here and it looks awesome.

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post but I just noticed that Zulithe is banned. He was a big contributor in this forum and also a local GAFer to me. I wonder what happened?

*shrug*

I've never seen him post anything ban-worthy in the LEGO threads.

@SillyEskimo
SillyEskimo says he gets banned every month or so. Maybe he knows a lot of reasons why that happens.

Ponn

Banned

Pre-E3 culling. Keep your head down and stay out of poligaf and landmine threads and you will be fine.

Link just takes me to their homepage. It's Spider-Gwen isn't it?
Hail Hydra!

Kyari

Man just one is so big though. I mean I'm tempted myself, you guys know I love the superhero sets but maaaaan...

I still new to pick up a Spider-Gwen so badly but I need to find other stuff to order with her. Also man someone needs to get a decent custom printed minifig site up and running. I played a lot of DC Universe Online back in the day, I have OCs I want made :<

Pre-E3 culling. Keep your head down and stay out of poligaf and landmine threads and you will be fine.

That sucks. Thanks for the warning. I'm only active in the Lego thread.

Anyone still having trouble finding Disney CMF's or is it just me? I've seen them only once (five packs) at my two local Targets since release. I'm starting to get afraid that TLG underestimated demand and won't be producing more (shifting production to next CMF series).

I have stepped into quite a few of the political threads, but have not really gone crazy in them. I am trying to be conscious of what I am posting there as to not get banned.
Only had one ban ever on GAF. I plan to keep it that way. Maybe someday I will even get a tag, although I don't know if that would be a good or a bad thing.

What's the catch with AliExpress? I know they're bootlegs, but you can really order figures for under $1 each? Is there like a minimum order size or crazy shipping charges or something?

I have stepped into quite a few of the political threads, but have not really gone crazy in them. I am trying to be conscious of what I am posting there as to not get banned.
Only had one ban ever on GAF. I plan to keep it that way. Maybe someday I will even get a tag, although I don't know if that would be a good or a bad thing.

Benevolent dictatorship has its benefits I guess. Although I often feel like an Eloi dodging Murlocks at every step.

Ponn

Banned
What's the catch with AliExpress? I know they're bootlegs, but you can really order figures for under $1 each? Is there like a minimum order size or crazy shipping charges or something?

I'm anxious to order stuff there for the same reason haha

Think of it like an Amazon but all third party sellers. Just read the description on what you are buying and it will generally tell you how the seller deals with shipping since it varies. Most shippers used to do free shipping, some still do but since they started selling single figs i've noticed alot charge like 20 cents for shipping so the average total cost is about 80 - 90 cents per fig. It will tell you in your cart the total cost and break everything down for you so there are no surprises. I've yet to run into a seller who had a minimum order, i've gotten just one or two figs in a little yellow mailer from china multiple times now. I have no idea how they are making money but I still get them. The only real worry with bootlegs is QC which I posted an example of what can go terribly wrong (or right depending) a couple pages ago. Regardless that has nothing to do with the sellers and is on the factory producing the figs.

I guess long shipping times would be a con for many. It could take a few days to a month. I usually put in 5-10 orders at a time and I have done this at least 30-40 times. I like my china packages bleeding in throughout the month. I have never once had an issue.

Edit: Cheapest I have gotten figs is .42

Finally figured out an appropriate stall to go with my urinals for my current MOC. Right down to the yellow water. The only issue is that if a figure sits on it, the head comes over the wall, but if I make the wall taller it looks way off. Might have to experiment on that part a bit.

Wanderer5

<3 This is going to be one awesome small set.

Great figures overall from the new superhero sets. Damian could had probably used a bit thinner cape in width through.XD

R-User!

TLG has been really piling on the shit SW sets lately, I have no clue wtf is going on.. The Rogue One imperial tank set looked like some kid dropped his father's First Order Snow Speeder and hastily tried to put it back together hoping he wouldn't notice.. There was Hoth.. And now these freemaker sets.. Ugh..

Yes, but the Vader vs A-Wing set is great though... :/

Hit or miss. But I agree Attack on Hoth and that Freemaker set isn't really that well done.

<3 This is going to be one awesome small set.

Great figures overall from the new superhero sets. Damian could had probably used a bit thinner cape in width through.XD

What's the price on this one? I still need to get the Carnage set >_< I'm not super into anyo of the characters of this set, but they are a huge part of nostalgia in the right places for me... thank the 90s Spiderman cartoon.

Wanderer5

What's the price on this one? I still need to get the Carnage set >_< I'm not super into anyo of the characters of this set, but they are a huge part of nostalgia in the right places for me... thank the 90s Spiderman cartoon.

$20 USD

And the Carnage set is really good for the price it has. I planning for now to display that set and the ghost rider set on one of those street plates.

Wanderer5

Kind of funny that beside Blue Beetle, it just some of the villains that get leg prints or molds (not that alot of the heroes need it through).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom