• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazon italy posted a ton of high quality Rogue One set images

https://www.amazon.it/s/ref=sr_st_d...:632623031&qid=1470679410&sort=date-desc-rank

MIRROR: https://imgur.com/a/XsOlp
MIRROR (Constraction pics): https://imgur.com/a/BERnE

another mirror: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-rogue-one-official-set-images/

Here are a few samples:

u6v2MAo.jpg

xOkiGdb.jpg

RFQts2S.jpg

kQ6BdNJ.jpg

fcLL41v.png

Rootbeer

Banned
I definitely will be getting them all (over time), but will start with the U-Wing and Imperial Shuttle. Great looking ships and the best spread of minifigures.

Force Friday - September 30th.

Which means, between day 1 on all these sets, and day 1 on the new Death Star, September is going to be an expensive month for me.

You said that there is usually double VIP in October?

I wonder if I should hold off on getting the Disney Castle until then.

ghostmind

You said that there is usually double VIP in October?

I wonder if I should hold off on getting the Disney Castle until then.

Traditionally yes, there has been 2x VIP in October.

Last year they ended up extending it to 2 weeks, after initially offering it for only 4 days.

Traditionally yes, there has been 2x VIP in October.

Last year they ended up extending it to 2 weeks, after initially offering it for only 4 days.

Odds are I'd be able to still get the castle in October whenever they do it?

Weren't there rumors of the Castle set actually being a limited print and not a fullscale release?

Osahi

At-St is the only one I really want, but I can see it being like the TFA ones. After seeing the movie I wanted them all. Will only grab them at a discount though, as the SW tax has gotten put of hand.

And I am really contemplating getting the Disney castle right away to avoid disapointment. Double vip is tempting on such a big set, but the trouble I had securing the Disney CMF series has scared me shitless

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So between Simpsons House and the available modular buildings (besides Pet Sho), which should I get next to avoid missing out due to retiring? I'm gonna wait on the Disney and Death Star since those SHOULD be around for a while after release.

mclem

I remember a (non-Lego)'teach yourself electronics' set of a similar nature back in, dunno, '88ish? Very much with emphasis on spatial blocks making up simple circuitry.

I wonder if I can find references to it.

Edit: Lectron!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raytheon_Lectron

Koren

Fun with grain of sand LEDs :)

So the question is, how much is gonna cost me to light my whole city? :p
Nice... I want to do the same, but probably using Neopixels, so that I can individually control the color and intensity of each led...

That better not be the case...
Would that make sense? They could even put this one in Disney parc shops... If they don't have a large number of them in the Lego Store of Disneyland Paris for several years, I don't understand anymore theur stratagy.

So apparently the U-Wing has swing wings, and this does look like it has hinges on the sides.
The film one has foldable wings, the only question was whether Lego had ther right informations (last time, they used older material and that showed) but the lego model of the U-wing has a really, really bulky underside?

Ponn

Banned
Those rogue one sets look really meh. They seem to be phoning it in on some of these Star Wars sets lately just riding the money train. Hope they don't do that with the Death Star.

I've been out of it for almost a week with the death of my cat. I had the funds for Disney Castle but that went to vet costs. I'm going to have to wail till Oct. double VIP on that now. I don't mind if its on backorder just as long as I can order it thats fine. I see the Holiday train, that looks really good. I'm getting annoyed though because i've gotten train tracks through like the Alien Mothership and now this comes with some but there all curved. Lego treating straight rails like gold. I managed to get two of those small holiday train sets from BF promotion so i'm hoping to be able to moc thos into a couple extra cars for the big set.

Risible

Odds are I'd be able to still get the castle in October whenever they do it?

Weren't there rumors of the Castle set actually being a limited print and not a fullscale release?

When does Lego typically release in their online store? Is it like a midnight EST kind of thing or a "waste an entire night/day F5ing the store website" kind of thing?

Those rogue one sets look really meh. They seem to be phoning it in on some of these Star Wars sets lately just riding the money train. Hope they don't do that with the Death Star.

I totally agree. Those Freemaker Adventure ships are terrible, and now this. I'm not sold yet. The Imperial Shuttle thing looks imposing but underwhelming at the same time, if that makes sense.

Are you in a position to actively build again? I hope things are going well on that front.

Ponn

Banned
I totally agree. Those Freemaker Adventure ships are terrible, and now this. I'm not sold yet. The Imperial Shuttle thing looks imposing but underwhelming at the same time, if that makes sense.

Are you in a position to actively build again? I hope things are going well on that front.

I had bricklinked some pieces a couple months ago and was actually going to start a halloween moc. I had an idea for a Lovecraft theme with a built up Scooby lighthouse (I got some extra white and red pieces to build the tower higher) a cliff and a Cthullu coming out of the ocean. I was going to start last week when my cat got sick and i've been a wreck since. It may sound a little morbid but i've thinking of building a lego model of her to put her ashes in. I need to do something to distract me so i'm either going to do that or my halloween moc idea which might be a better distraction right now.

Went to Wal Mart after work tonight and they had about half a box of CMF there. Felt my way through it all and couldn't find a babysitter, but the final bag was banana guy, so I was happy.
Went home and opened everything and totally felt wrong on a few. Accidentally got 3 of the Ultra Agents version of Joanna Dark (that is what I am calling her), and accidentally left behind the arctic guy with the penguin. I had that one but thought I had already felt him out so put him back. Ugh.

Now just missing babysitter and him. Got duplicates of quite a few I didn't want dupes of, but did feel out to now have three mariachi players. Three Amigos, here we go!

I've been out of it for almost a week with the death of my cat. I had the funds for Disney Castle but that went to vet costs.

Saw the thread you made about that. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. The cats my wife and I have are like our children, and I dread the day that we lose them.
Our thoughts are with you in this tough time. Anything that we can do to make things easier, just let us all know.

Wanderer5

Finally some better pics of the rogue one sets (well most of them)! Bit interested in that TIE Striker for now (despite the price), but that black Imperial Shuttle looks great in ways too.

The Freemaker sith ship was a fun build and I think it looks cool. Worth it for parts and the printed 2x2 circles in any case. The show sucks though and the main ship looks boring.

Worked a bit more on my theater MOC today before work. About 95% done on the first floor on the auditorium side. Now to do the lobby side of the theater.
Basically about 40% done with the first floor of it. The second floor should go quicker since over half of it will be hollow.
This sucker is already heavy.

And I asked before, but does anyone have experience printing stickers? Planning this thing out with the notion to print stickers for the marquee and other signs. What dimensions do i need for sizes like 1x6 or 2x4 tiles? What kind of paper, etc? This part is unknown territory for me.

The only Rogue One set I was interested in was the U-Wing, and having seen the set image my interest is now down to zero. Even my second alternative, the AT-ST manages to look ugly. The hovertank looks like someone literally dropped the First Order Transport and hastily put it back together. These sets are utterly, totally terrible.

That saves me on money to buy a Rebel Troop Transport I suppose. Still depressing. I can't understand how Lego can't have made a single decent set out of the whole movie.

Don't get me started on the Constraction figures.. Gah..

Maengun1

Sounds like the Winter Train is going to be $99 rather than $79? I'm seeing that number pretty much everywhere else. I'm disappointed if that's the case, just because I already sorta mentally set aside 80 bucks for it and the winter village sets are usually really good on price per part, but I sort of suspected it since the track pieces are included. I know how much Lego loves jacking up the price for unusual parts.

I'm totally getting it no matter what tho

Osahi

The film one has foldable wings, the only question was whether Lego had ther right informations (last time, they used older material and that showed) but the lego model of the U-wing has a really, really bulky underside?

The bulky underside seems to be correct with the movie version. The shaping is maybe a bit off, but the concept art they showed on the SW show has a big undeebelly too. It needs to have it as it is a troop transport ship...

The bulky underside seems to be correct with the movie version. The shaping is maybe a bit off, but the concept art they showed on the SW show has a big undeebelly too. It needs to have it as it is a troop transport ship...

Might be accurate, but does not make it any more attractive as a model. Would not be attractive without it either ti be honest. Only model that I like out of this range is the AT-ST and even that looks not as good as I hoped it would.

Just booked tickets to go to the Lego Discovery Center in Oberhausen (Germany) tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Has anyone here ever visited it?

Osahi

Might be accurate, but does not make it any more attractive as a model. Would not be attractive without it either ti be honest. Only model that I like out of this range is the AT-ST and even that looks not as good as I hoped it would.

Just booked tickets to go to the Lego Discovery Center in Oberhausen (Germany) tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Has anyone here ever visited it?

The U-Wing and the AT-ST are the only two I really like. I have no problems with it's design at all, and seeing how the wings move in the Star Wars Show-bit about this ship, I can see myself loving it in the long run.

There is something attractive about the imperial shuttle too for some reason, but just as with Kylo's shuttle I'll probably have to see the movie and the model in real life to be convinced (or not).

I hope the AT-ST isn't too expensive. Might be my double VIP grab in october if it's not. The U-Wing will be too expensive for sure (I can easily see it being 100 euro's over here, as the new X-wing is), so that will be one for a discount.

Koren

Definitively not that much...

ZZ4C7F2CB5.jpg

The underside is barely thicker than the upperside on blueprints and images, and should the ship lay on its underside, the nacelles should nearly touch the ground.

I suppose they inflated it so that they could more easily put troopers inside, but that butcher the whole line of the ship, I think.

willp2003

I hope the AT-ST isn't too expensive. Might be my double VIP grab in october if it's not. The U-Wing will be too expensive for sure (I can easily see it being 100 euro's over here, as the new X-wing is), so that will be one for a discount.

These are the alleged prices:
Tank $30 £35
AT-ST $40 £40
TIE $70 £60
U-wing $70 £65
Shuttle $90 £80

Given the recent Star Wars pricing I'd be surprised if that's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom