• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. My local Lego friend tipped me off to an estate sale tomorrow where UCS Star Destroyer will be $400 and Rebel Blockade Runner will be $175. He'll be out of town.

So much money.....but such good deals.

Went to walmart and the Rhino/Sandman Spidey set was only $20 on clearance!

None were left of course. :(

Then there was the Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist tucked away in another aisle, but it was still $50, so I passed.

Another set reached 10.000 votes: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/147876

I don't see it having a shot. Alatariel's second science set was denied, and having actual people in it just make it more of a hassle. At this point the entire thing is quite political as well, and I'm not sure Lego wants to go there. If anything, a project celebrating both men and women at the Apollo program could be interesting, but still...

Stopped by Target to get my mom a birthday card and could not help myself, went to the Lego aisle and they had the new CMFs out. Felt around a bit, could not for the life of me figure out what this small cylindrical shaped thing I kept feeling was but eventually found the babysitter's hair piece and bought her.

Opened her up and all the little cylinders I had been feeling were baby heads!!!

I gotta say the Lego baby is probably THE cutest minifigure I have ever seen. I want a legion of them.

ghostmind

Completely out of left field - a Marvel 2017 set with Iron Man, Agent Coulson, L.O.L.A. and Detroit Steel.

And the DC Superhero Girls sets I mentioned months ago are finally releasing in 2017, featuring minifigs and not minidolls.

WHmg8Of.jpg
Well this is new.

If it's hard to read the slip, I had ordered the Arocs, the Bionicle set, and the London Bus. Instead of the Arocs I got a book.

Already sent an email to Lego support, hope they can fix this soon :< Wanted to build the Arocs this weekend...

The box it came in is humorously oversized for these three things, making me think that whoever packed it got the right box but threw the wrong item in.

Completely out of left field - a Marvel 2017 set with Iron Man, Agent Coulson, L.O.L.A. and Detroit Steel.

And the DC Superhero Girls sets I mentioned months ago are finally releasing in 2017, featuring minifigs and not minidolls.
Excited about the DC Superhero Girls sets. Leafed through the comic and quite enjoyed it. And loved the title: Finals Crisis.

Whoa. Totally didn't see those being minifigs especially considering the target audience seems to coincide with the Friends demographics. I wonder if they'll throw in some of the super hero guys as I think there are some in the show too.
It will be interesting to see how they turn out as minifigs. Yet another Harleyquin variant. I can see making Bumblebee into a Wasp variant. :)

I bet its a Mighty Micros set.

Had to look up Detroit Steel. It's a mech suit so I don't think so.

mclem

Brickset has a nice post about the introduction of the studless beams to Technic sets.

1996: The beginning of the end

Have they been reading GAF? Me from two weeks ago:

It amuses me that there's surprisingly few of the pieces I always associated with Technic from my youth - the 1xn with the holes for axles. Has Technic changed, or is this The Thing for the really big sets these days?

Settling down for a read!

(I'm making WALL-E at the moment, which has a nice mix of classic lego, Old Technic and New Technic parts)

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator

In a year where we're getting a set where Hulk and Red Hulk battle each other in truck cars, anything is possible.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are there good Lego Websites/Blogs that diving more into the history of Lego? Like revisiting old abonded themes, showing what sets were in a year, etc?

Kyari

Don't do this to me ghostmind!

How often does LEGO do double VIP point events?

I saw there was one going on now, and I've been wanting to get the Classic Batman Batcave set (which would get me at least $25 from the VIP points), but if they do them every month or two then I think I could wait a little while longer.

I saw there was one going on now, and I've been wanting to get the Classic Batman Batcave set (which would get me at least $25 from the VIP points), but if they do them every month or two then I think I could wait a little while longer.

A couple of times a year. Probably one or two more times before the end of the year.

Are there good Lego Websites/Blogs that diving more into the history of Lego? Like revisiting old abonded themes, showing what sets were in a year, etc?

Not a website, but the podcast All Sorted has great episodes on the history of Lego and they talk about a lot of themes of the past. Really a great podcast. You can find it on itunes or on www.breakingdads.com .

mclem

There's usually two month-long ones (usually March and October, I think?), with weekends being rarer, probably only a few a year. If you can hold out until Oct, that's your best bet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
http://brickset.com
If you have the set number you can see when it was released, often with a 3D model and more information.
But no idea if it goes far enough into the past for your needs :)

Also have a look at this http://www.brickfactory.info/year/
Thanks, that History rubrick on Brickset inspired me to my post, but I was more interested in a page that is solely dedicated in that stuff.

But I take this one aswell if there is nothing else^^

My bag-feeling skills are still sharp as ever; banana guy, penguin kid, and cyborg GET!

Also picked up the Spidey/Ghost Rider set, which is very cool -- unfortunately it will sit in my bin of disassembled sets until I find a long-time place to live.

And I definitely think there's a Lego investor/speculator in my area; I went to 5 different stores and all their clearance, cmf's, and new Spidey sets were cleared out. The 6th store is where I managed to find the last Spidey/Ghost Rider and about 15 cmf's, with a single banana guy buried at the bottom of the display.

*goes back to building massive brick-built dragon in LDD*

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Still waiting for a sale on that one.

Almost got another Morro but resisted.

I got one for half off probably 6 months ago at Fry's! I was so happy about that. I had one already at that point, but I could not resist buying a second one at that price. I gave it as a gift to a friend who isn't really into Lego. He ended up loving it. How could he not?

Anyone going to Brickfair this morning? Taking my daughter & nephew. My daughter has been hustling on chores to earn extra allowance ahead of the show.

cBNLfYD.jpg

$79.99USD
5 minifigs (conductor, train engineer, a mother, a son and a daughter)
includes 16 curved track segments
Do we put the power functions in the coal car?
I am happy to see this.

Now to continue impatiently waiting for new Death Star leaks as I keep dredging through my movie theater MOC.

cBNLfYD.jpg

$79.99USD
5 minifigs (conductor, train engineer, a mother, a son and a daughter)
includes 16 curved track segments

Well, that made it easy to pass on it. Not a great looking model. Was expecting a lot more. Probably not possible because of the inclusion of the train tracks.

Wish that 50% Morro Dragon would be here, but not likely to happen in Europe (50% off is a rarity).

Have looked everywhere for series 16 minifigs, but I think they are not out in Europe as of now. Anyone can confirm this?

Maengun1

Only question for me regarding the train is whether I break and order it on day 1 or can wait for the October double points. Holiday village sets are my absolute favorites

Will also be my first Lego train
AU7Amsc.gif

Hmm slightly underwhelmed by this...

I mean, the locomotive itself looks pretty serviceable BUT the rest is really nothing special. Would have preferred a bunch of actual decorated wagons or something with a lot more detail. They shouldn't have included the tracks if that is what made them cut back on pieces.

Bit weird that the train comes with 16 track pieces when clearly it fits on four of them. I like it though.

Went to Westfield in London yesterday, managed to avoid getting stabbed by about half an hour. Got this stuff:

c7JbUif.jpg

I wasn't gonna buy the Beetle, but seeing it built was something else. Every picture I've seen online hasn't done any justice at all to how shiny and blue it is, but seeing it in person it was an instant buy. The tiger was free, I dunno why, I got an email about it a few weeks back. Either because it was my birthday or everyone got it? No idea. Wasn't gonna turn it down though! And furry creatures was not a set I expected to see while out shopping, I thought I'd missed my chance to get that. They had loads in The Entertainer though, so I bought that immediately. My girlfriend had got me the puppy/duck set for my birthday so it's nice to have them both!

I saw the Technic Porsche built in the window as well, that thing looks brilliant. And huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom