• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

my local store is a small one and we haven't had the porchse back in a bit. people are getting antsy

as for the ferrari, as it is "hard to Find" now, i'ts probalby on the way out. larger store are likey to to have it like Koren said but probably not for much longer

Koren

as for the ferrari, as it is "hard to Find" now, i'ts probalby on the way out.
Every expensive set is tagged "hard to find", from release to retirement, it has nothing to do woth shelf life. It's just that most stores won't stock five dozen $100+ sets.

larger store are likey to to have it like Koren said
The store I was talking about is something like 8 square meters, it's tiny, and it sells all kind of toys... It's probably not that uncommon yet, but I think it'll be replaced by the beetle, since stores probably won't stock many creator expert vehicules.

I was just saying that most larger Lego stores should probably have it, but smallest lego stores, with less stock, can be out of stock of some sets. Pretty sure the four creator expert vehicules were available last saturday in the Lego store I visited.

Here is a nice diorama from the LEGO Minecraft home page that integrates a bunch of official LEGO sets.

When people keep asking about "classic" LEGO with just blocks, Minecraft is a perfect blend of the "classic" blocks people think about and the "modern" sets.

JjbV1j7.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
Intrested to see if TLG does a Sea Cow size set for The LEGO Batman sets.

Supposedly Arkham Asylum will be have a piece count similar to the last Arkham. That is 1600 pieces but not Sea Cow big.

From the sets rumored (will spoiler in case, you know, whatever thanoscoptor)

Arkham Asylum set:Aaron Cash, Barbara Gordon, Two-Face, Riddler and Joker in asylum jumpsuits, Batcave set: Penguin with new penguin minions based on penguins in new CMF line, Alfred, Disco Suit batman and Diving Suit Batman, Croc set: sounds like new bigger Rancor sized Croc fig, KITE MAN!! , Tarantula, Batwing set: CALENDAR MAN!!

I just hope they aren't too silly resemble comic versions fairly well. Catman would have been nice, but I'll take those not-well known villains.

Been a while since I've posted in this thread. Just thought I'd share something a little bit different; this is how my wife and I told our friends we're expecting our first baby...

I ran the London Marathon as The Flash this year, hence the top!

Congrats! Looks like a chip off the ole block.

Well the other rumor is that the Batcave will be a set and it includes the hanging suits seen in the trailer.

Be still my heart.

I've never understood the crazy hate that the Minecraft sets get. That diorama is a fantastic example.

What hate have people been saying about the sets? They obviously are selling fairly well for LEGO to continue wave after wave. I can understand it not meeting the aesthetics of some people. We have differences here on how good a set is here all the time.

What hate have people been saying about the sets? They obviously are selling fairly well for LEGO to continue wave after wave. I can understand it not meeting the aesthetics of some people. We have differences here on how good a set is here all the time.

Yeah, I can't remember any outright hate for Minecraft. On here it just seems benign indifference usually, with a few really loving it.

Heck, look at reactions to Friends and Elves stuff. Some are completely indifferent, while some are totally in love with the themes.

I don't buy many Friends sets, but absolutely love the look and feel of many of the sets coming out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I can't remember any outright hate for Minecraft. On here it just seems benign indifference usually, with a few really loving it.

Heck, look at reactions to Friends and Elves stuff. Some are completely indifferent, while some are totally in love with the themes.

I don't buy many Friends sets, but absolutely love the look and feel of many of the sets coming out.

Really? Reddit, Eurobricks, and a few other sites I frequent have, at least in the past, mocked the Minecraft line for being a joke, a waste of a theme, and a waste of money. Maybe that opinion has changed since its debut?

Sitting here, impatiently refreshing the page...

Really? Reddit, Eurobricks, and a few other sites I frequent have, at least in the past, mocked the Minecraft line for being a joke, a waste of a theme, and a waste of money. Maybe that opinion has changed since its debut?

I guess I mainly just stick to here. I never touch Reddit, and only go to Eurobricks when certain rumors are dropping. I am living in a bubble here.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sitting here, impatiently refreshing the page...

I guess I mainly just stick to here. I never touch Reddit, and only go to Eurobricks when certain rumors are dropping. I am living in a bubble here.

It is what it is. LEGO GAF is much more accepting of it.

Also, the Disney Castle isn't LE, right? I want to save my LEGO funds for a few soon to be OOP sets and grab the Castle after Christmas.

It is what it is. LEGO GAF is much more accepting of it.

Also, the Disney Castle isn't LE, right? I want to save my LEGO funds for a few soon to be OOP sets and grab the Castle after Christmas.

I doubt it will be LE, but I do force it being difficult to get until the end of the year. Just a hunch.

Just placed an order for rechargeable battery pack and charger now. Waiting for castle to go online before doing another order.

Ah, this thread plus the LEGO blogs I follow supply me with more than enough LEGO info and discussion. I rarely check out Reddit and Eurobricks unless I see a link to something interesting there. Speaking of Eurobricks, I noticed White Fang didn't have a CMF Series 16 review...at least not right when they came out. He used to get sets early.

willp2003

It's 6:30am in the UK, and thought I'd just check if the Disney castle was available, and it's out of stock already. I'm not getting it anyway, but that's sold very quickly.

Smash that F5 button!

Apparently the "new" DS will get revealed on Sept 1st according to promobricks.

Been refreshing, clearing browsing data, etc between Safari and Chrome for a bit. Still nothing. I want to go to sleep...

EDIT: It is 1:20 Central time. 2:20 EST. Still no Disney Castle on US site. Dammit. I need sleep. This crap happened with Slave 1 as well, where it dropped at some random hour in the night.

mclem

It's 6:30am in the UK, and thought I'd just check if the Disney castle was available, and it's out of stock already. I'm not getting it anyway, but that's sold very quickly.
I just logged on in the UK and was able to place an order in the last few minutes; maybe the button went live before stock was added?

willp2003

I just logged on in the UK and was able to place an order in the last few minutes; maybe the button went live before stock was added?

You're right. It's now available. It previously said, out of stock, would arrive in 30 days. So I presume they would have sent it straight away anyway.

Is double vip at the beginning or end of october? Really tempted to just buy the castle now

Last year it was advertised as the 1st-4th. Then extended through the 15th. Then to the 31st after customer "feedback"

I hope they learned their lesson and just go all month.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Double VIP will be my next big LEGO purchase. Until then, I have to be good. I have just over $100 in VIP points. Gonna grab Simpsons House, Cinema (looks like the next OOP after Pet Shop?), and Mini Cooper. Use all those VIP points to grab either Ghostbusters HQ or the Disney Castle.

My wallet is going to hurt.

3N16MA

Banned
Not sure if this was posted but these are some of the rumors for the upcoming LEGO Batman Movie sets:

Delta Customs over on Instagram has given some more infomation about few more The LEGO Batman Movie sets. First is the new Arkham Asylum which will be at least $100 and around the size of the previous version. The minifigures that are in the set include Batman, Barbara Gordon, Aaron Cash, 2 Arkham Guards, and Harleen Quinzel. In addition, there are also minifigures in jumpsuits which include the Joker, Two-Face, the Riddler, and three more villains.

Next up is a the new movie Batcave. Some details of it include an area where Batman’s suits are hanging as seen in the trailer some of which include the Disco suit and the Diving suit. There will also be a walkway which leads to the bat-shaped Bat-Computer which is also seen in the trailer. The Alfred minifigure is reported to be one of the minifigures in the set and is seen trying to escape some Penguin minions. The vehicles of the Batcave include a Batboat and a brick-built duck for Penguin.

In other LEGO Batman Movie set news, there will be a lot of obscure minifigure characters like Tarantula as well as some from the Batman Rogues Gallery such as Zebra Man, Kite Man, and Calendar Man. Also, there will be Mr. Freeze in some sort of exo-suit in a smaller set and it includes Batman and a hostage. Some folks over on Eurobricks has also reported some other sets like a Penguin car and a Catwoman bike set. Finally, The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures line is reported to have 20 minifigures instead of the usual 16.

Of course everything reported above, minus the confirmed sets, is purely speculation but Delta Customs has given information before and they turned out to be real in the end so fingers crossed.

Update: Delta Customs has provided more information on The LEGO Batman Movie sets.

There’s supposedly a new Batwing that is different from the one seen in the trailer and is shaped as a bat. The cockpit will be the head of the bat and Poison Ivy will be included in the set.

For the Killer Croc set, Killer Croc himself is the size of the Rancor if you have that figure. The set will have various swamp-type builds as well as a red pick-up truck. The minifigures included in the set are Batman, Killer Croc, Zebra Man, and Tarantula.
http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-batman-movie-2017-set-rumors/

Koren

Double VIP will be my next big LEGO purchase. Until then, I have to be good. I have just over $100 in VIP points. Gonna grab Simpsons House, Cinema (looks like the next OOP after Pet Shop?), and Mini Cooper.
Buying those while being good and waiting for 2xVIP or when 2xVIP hit? ^_^

When I think $100 in VIP points means ~$1500 spent... that adds quickly :/

mrkgoo

Constantly varying the number of minifigures in a series is so annoying. They must realise that people like to display these, surely?

I think, in the end, it's a kid's toy. They have their adult and serious collector fanbase, and have products to cover many demographics, but I figure having a consistent display philosophy for the minifigs is probably low priority.

I don't think it matters.

Constantly varying the number of minifigures in a series is so annoying. They must realise that people like to display these, surely?

I get the sentiment, but to me the opportunity it gives to go much deeper into the Batman universe of villains and heroes makes this amazing. Even at 20, you run out of slots very quickly. There is not much chance for a second minifigure line, so let's enjoy the added bonus figures.

Here are the figs which are in my opinion a given:

Bane
Joker
Batman
Robin
Batgirl
Com. Gordon
Two Face
Harley
Manbat
Catwoman
Clayface
Deathshot
Deathstroke
Killer Croc
Killer Moth
Mr. Feeze
Pinguin
Poison Ivy
Ra's
Riddler
Scarecrow
Nightwing

That is already 22 figs you're looking at.

Quick edit - even forgot about Alfred and Madam Mantis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom