• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taisaijin

Hmm. I can wait one month and a half right? I am strong like that. Right?

I tried to be strong.. Tinkerbell Cosby'd me w/ her magic dust and now there's a castle in my trunk.

At least they went ahead and added the London Bus despite the promo being officially over.

Box is helicarrier level big..

Ponn

Banned
All these Batman rumours. If the photos deliver might be the first time in ever I pick up the entire line.

Love what im hearing.

I may have to earmark two Batman shelves now. I've been going through a bit of a Lego crisis the last couple months but I decided to only concentrate on Super Hero sets now (and modulars) so I will probably go crazy with this line. I imagine they will start leaking towards the end of the year into stores so Dec. - Jan will be expensive.

I get the sentiment, but to me the opportunity it gives to go much deeper into the Batman universe of villains and heroes makes this amazing. Even at 20, you run out of slots very quickly. There is not much chance for a second minifigure line, so let's enjoy the added bonus figures.

Here are the figs which are in my opinion a given:

Bane
Joker
Batman
Robin
Batgirl
Com. Gordon
Two Face
Harley
Manbat
Catwoman
Clayface
Deathshot
Deathstroke
Killer Croc
Killer Moth
Mr. Feeze
Pinguin
Poison Ivy
Ra's
Riddler
Scarecrow
Nightwing

That is already 22 figs you're looking at.

Quick edit - even forgot about Alfred and Madam Mantis...

A lot of repeats there from sets. Slight changes in figs are nice but i'm hoping for original figs that would normally not be made. A small Bane fig would be nice to go next to a big fig Bane, that would be a great repeat. Same with Clayface, small fig in CMF and big fig in a set would be neat. Maybe give him different extra heads as accessories. My wish list would be

Montoya/The Question
Batwoman
Batgirl (Cassandra version)
Hush
Bat Mite
Batman Beyond w/ Ace
Azrael
Azrael as Batman
Oracle (they have a wheelchair accessory now but then again that might be too big for a blind bag)
Sinestro Corps Batman
Professor Pyg
Classic Red Hood
Royal Flush Gang

This is probably an impossible list I know. We all know half of the figs will just be Batman variants.

I have a habit of asking GameStop employees if they have any Lego preorder bonuses stashed away. Tonight it paid off as I got 2 Kylo Ren's shuttles. Bought a comic and a Furst Batmobile hot wheels so I'll give him a glowing survey.

A lot of repeats there from sets. Slight changes in figs are nice but i'm hoping for original figs that would normally not be made. A small Bane fig would be nice to go next to a big fig Bane, that would be a great repeat. Same with Clayface, small fig in CMF and big fig in a set would be neat. Maybe give him different extra heads as accessories. My wish list would be

Montoya/The Question
Batwoman
Batgirl (Cassandra version)
Hush
Bat Mite
Batman Beyond w/ Ace
Azrael
Azrael as Batman
Oracle (they have a wheelchair accessory now but then again that might be too big for a blind bag)
Sinestro Corps Batman
Professor Pyg
Classic Red Hood
Royal Flush Gang

This is probably an impossible list I know. We all know half of the figs will just be Batman variants.

Don't get your hopes up too much, I can see some of these get in therez but that list would be a tall order.

They will absolutely have a Bruce Wayne in there as well by the way.

Man I was in the mood for getting some more lego movie sets after re watching the movie but it seems like its completely retired and not in retail stores any more. Only way to get them is through third party sellers at a higher than retail price.

I wish lego themes lasted longer than 2 years, as someone who spreads out across a lot of themes and has a limited budget thats just not enough time :p. At least I have benny's spaceship....

Ponn

Banned
Don't get your hopes up too much, I can see some of these get in therez but that list would be a tall order.

They will absolutely have a Bruce Wayne in there as well by the way.

I got my Adam Wee Bruce Wayne and that's all I need. And yea it's a pipe dream list, but if I get a Bat Mite I will be happy. Technically if the rumor is correct and we get a Barbara Gordon fig I can make my own Oracle with the Fun in the Park wheelchair.

Cross post from the Gundam Thread:

Have any you guys seen the Chibi Lego Gundams:

They look so cool!!!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/legolego05/archives/52825834.html

It has Zeta, Hyaku Shiki and Gundam Tyron 3 (Lion Gundam, I believe)

PS: The Zeta Gundam transforms as well. O_O

Oh, that is really sweet.

deb15133.jpg

Brickshow has a DIsney Castle review up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPf074m7odA

Haven't watched the whole thing, except the beginning and his conclusion (generally no fan of their reviews, so I usually stick to Jang + I want some suprises myself)

Now it is very hard to wait untill october though :p

Yeah, not watching. Jang or, if necessary, Just2good make great, informative videos and they're pleasant to listen to. They're not shouting in an echoing room about how the set comes with five guns and a crowbar and a trashcan.

Rootbeer

Banned
No one has posted it? Fine... I'll be that guy.

q1f2stspmzfx.jpg

Yeah, not watching. Jang or, if necessary, Just2good make great, informative videos and they're pleasant to listen to. They're not shouting in an echoing room about how the set comes with five guns and a crowbar and a trashcan.
I really wish these guys would get out of LEGO reviewing. I've come to really dislike their approach and style. They offer no insight on anything they review. I'd be happy to just ignore them if they didn't get some sets earlier than JANG often times.

Osahi

q1f2stspmzfx.jpg

I really wish these guys would get out of LEGO reviewing. I've come to really dislike their approach and style. They offer no insight on anything they review. I'd be happy to just ignore them if they didn't get some sets earlier than JANG often times.

Where is the rest of it??

And yeah, it's the shoutiness and the dudebro attitude I don't like about Brickshow. Ah well, ithat cater to a certain audience probably...

Anyway, built the first two bags (of 4) of Ecto 1 + 2. Pretty straightforward build in general, but some things are really cool (the headlichts and turning signals. The shaping of the front...). And the minifigs, oh boy the minifigs. They are easily the highlight allready of the whole set

Jang is always my first choice for reviews.

Just2Good 2nd.

And somewhere way down the list BrickShow. Nothing wrong with what they do, just does not appeal to me. I rarely watch their videos.

I expect we will have all the Death Star details in a few days. I wasn't interested even if it wasn't a rehash.

Fun to see you guys hating so much on the Brick Show. I feel similar about Jang. The BS brings way more energy and show the models and figs of in a better way.

What both have in common to a detriment is their 'blind' love if everything Lego does. They can be a little critical of big flaws, but in general they cut Lego a lot of slack. In general the Lego reviewing business is lightyears away from the way games are looked at.

Rootbeer

Banned
I've been really close to ordering the Disney Castle the past couple days. Had it in my cart just begging to be ordered.

But I don't want to hate myself if I end up really wanting the Death Star more... can't stand this waiting!

Osahi

I've been really close to ordering the Disney Castle the past couple days. Had it in my cart just begging to be ordered.

But I don't want to hate myself if I end up really wanting the Death Star more... can't stand this waiting!

I just ordered it. (With the blessings of the missus no less). Star Wars tax on the Death Star is too high for me.

I'll probably only get the AT-ST for the rest of the year now, but so be it. I wanted this castle since I first lay eyes on it.

I'm waiting until double VIP. I have to finish some other sets, and $35 in VIP cash will come in handy on January 1st and I want that new modular.

Rootbeer

Banned
I didn't see anything about someone trying to get $$$ for the full image(s). I just saw that it was being posted on reddit, facebook groups and instagram.

No wonder the full version isn't out there yet. What a dick move.

Fun to see you guys hating so much on the Brick Show. I feel similar about Jang. The BS brings way more energy and show the models and figs of in a better way.

What both have in common to a detriment is their 'blind' love if everything Lego does. They can be a little critical of big flaws, but in general they cut Lego a lot of slack. In general the Lego reviewing business is lightyears away from the way games are looked at.

Hehe... i remember this place before Jang was a thing, and back then, the Brickshow was still pretty respected around here. They're not as bad as you'd think i guess... I mean i agree that their marketing tactics etc. have gotten kinda out of hand lately but i still DO enjoy their high energy approach as you say once in a while.

Jang comes across a lot more unbiased and objective. I actually enjoy both for what they are i suppose... That said, off to watching that Castle review.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I would be all over that Batman CMF range. Going to be hard to feel the bags if there's a bunch of different suits though.

I've noticed fewer places stocking the recent series in the UK, used to be big displays in the supermarkets but they seem to be less prominent now. Perhaps it's just my area, or maybe there's a little fatigue setting in.

q1f2stspmzfx.jpg
I just found out about this. Apparently it's surprisingly similar to the previous Death Star, that is only recently out of print. What gives? At first I was hoping it would be Death Star II. We haven't had a DS2 set for many many years.

I guess it's promising for those that want a new USC Falcon...

Rootbeer

Banned
yeah everything seems to point to LEGO doing a Winter Village all over again with the Death Star set.

I don't blame them... the set is good, but updated minifigs and maybe a few tweaks can go a long way. And releasing it right around Rogue One is excellent timing. Who knows when we'll get another feature film that revolves around the Death Star again... could be never.

yeah everything seems to point to LEGO doing a Winter Village all over again with the Death Star set.

I don't blame them... the set is good, but updated minifigs and maybe a few tweaks can go a long way. And releasing it right around Rogue One is excellent timing. Who knows when we'll get another feature film that revolves around the Death Star again... could be never.

You underestimate Disney's ability to milk this cow.

Koren

I don't blame them... the set is good, but updated minifigs and maybe a few tweaks can go a long way. And releasing it right around Rogue One is excellent timing.
At the same time, releasing a somehow different star may have attracted different customers. Most people interested in the previous one have had a lot of time to buy one.

Some hoarders and resellers will cry if it's an update, too ^_^

Osahi

Hehe... i remember this place before Jang was a thing, and back then, the Brickshow was still pretty respected around here. They're not as bad as you'd think i guess... I mean i agree that their marketing tactics etc. have gotten kinda out of hand lately but i still DO enjoy their high energy approach as you say once in a while.

Jang comes across a lot more unbiased and objective. I actually enjoy both for what they are i suppose... That said, off to watching that Castle review.

I only escaped the Dark Ages after Jang started, and he has always been a bit my go to video review source when I wanted thoughts on and a good look at a set.

Brickshow always put me of in some way. I understand their enthousiasm can be appealing, but to me he is a bit of the equivalent of those screaming, ahum, I mean very enthousiastic youtube game reviewers. To each his own though...

I agree that there seems to be CMF fatigue. Many stores around here has Simpsons 2, S14 and Disney in big quantities. Especially Simpsons.

No S16 still, but it officially comes out Sep 1.

I agree that there seems to be CMF fatigue. Many stores around here has Simpsons 2, S14 and Disney in big quantities. Especially Simpsons.

No S16 still, but it officially comes out Sep 1.

Simpsons S2 seemed to just stick around forever. Did it sell that poorly, or did they overproduce it that much?

Series 14 (monster stuff) seemed to hang around a long time too, but I aint complaining. It let me stock up on them.

Jang is great. He's also an awesome MOCist.

Whats the best set available for $40-50 right now? Im considering jestros evil mobile since its on sale for $47 at target. First order tie fighter is on sale at walmart for about that price. And also the ninjago morrow dragon. They all look great ugh

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That looks almost identical to the old one. Glad I snagged an aftermarket Death Star for $440 shipped instead of the $500 this one is supposed to be!

I think they moved some rooms around, but that is indeed pretty much identical. They didn't even try to smooth out the blockiness around the edges.

Hmmm. It will have to show something really new and cool, otherwise I'll be able to wait quite some time. Maybe for a big sale once it reaches local shops again.

Experien

I think they moved some rooms around, but that is indeed pretty much identical. They didn't even try to smooth out the blockiness around the edges.

Hmmm. It will have to show something really new and cool, otherwise I'll be able to wait quite some time. Maybe for a big sale once it reaches local shops again.

From the pic on LEGO's website, doesn't look like they've moved a thing.

I think the extra bricks probably went to make the Tie Advanced better by using a lot of small pieces and spring loaded missiles.

tuffy

The previous Death Star was around quite a lot longer than most expected it would be, so it must've been quite popular, so it makes sense to bring it back without a ton of changes to its design for those that missed it the first time. But it's not obvious in that picture what the ~200 new pieces are for.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Better picture so that you can be more fully disappointed:

Literally the only differences I can find are a couple added spring-loaded shooters and some random little pieces of junk to fill out the tiny very bottom floor.

willp2003

Was someone so disappointed they blacked out the UCS logo!!?
Rumour on eurobricks saying the falcon silhouette has meaning. I live in hope.

That's the blue astromech at the bottom isn't it?

Was someone so disappointed they blacked out the UCS logo!!?
Rumour on eurobricks saying the falcon silhouette has meaning. I live in hope.

That's the blue astromech at the bottom isn't it?

Maybe the 200 extra parts is because they're putting the Falcon Microfighter in there as well, just to up the lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom