• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might start bricklinking SW minifigs. I really want Sato, Rebels Ahsoka, and Donnie but I'm not feeling these vehicles at all. I'm sure I'll want the imperials too once I see the movie but I assume there will be army builders later.

ghostmind

I think I might start bricklinking SW minifigs. I really want Sato, Rebels Ahsoka, and Donnie but I'm not feeling these vehicles at all. I'm sure I'll want the imperials too once I see the movie but I assume there will be army builders later.

Yes, January will see battle packs for both the Rebels and the Empire, from Rogue One.

Osahi

Lego Ninja's threathening to strike?

It will be the At-ST and U-Wing for me. Euro/belgium pricing will decide if it will be my double vip purchase, or if I'll just get them from Amazon.de later.

Might get Kenricks shuttle too later, but that will be to pricey on day one for sure

Edit: oh, i see, you've put your posts together. Nevermind the Lego Ninjas talk

ghostmind

Lego Ninja's threathening to strike?

It will be the At-ST and U-Wing for me. Euro/belgium pricing will decide if it will be my double vip purchase, or if I'll just get them from Amazon.de later.

Might get Kenricks shuttle too later, but that will be to pricey on day one for sure

Edit: oh, i see, you've put your posts together. Nevermind the Lego Ninjas talk

Pricing info:

75152 Imperial Assault Hovertank: £34.99, $29.99, €39.99
75153 AT-ST Walker: £39.99, $39.99, €49.99
75154 TIE Striker: £59.99, $69.99, €69.99
75155 Rebel U-wing Fighter: £69.99, $79.99, €79.99
75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle: £79.99, $89.99, €99.99

iosefe

I don't either. I think that is a new design, as it doesn't look as rounded as the old launchers. Maybe you have to build the trigger onto it now or something. Also, the older launchers didn't have studs on the barrel, which this does.
But the construction of the gun is really awesome, particularly the ski pole piece for the barrel.
it's the same gun piece, just upside down.

by that logic, the firing mechanism could be the scope?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was at a Lego Store today, is it usually that the sets are always even more expensive then in the ordinary retail?
Was a little bit disappointed because I thought I could grab Obi Wans Interceptor cheaper.
Edit: That AT-ST looks great

I was at a Lego Store today, is it usually that the sets are always even more expensive then in the ordinary retail?
Was a little bit disappointed because I thought I could grab Obi Wans Interceptor cheaper.
Edit: That AT-ST looks great

Whatever the item is listed in the Lego catalog, should be the exact price you pay in the Lego Store. I never heard of them marking up things.

Was a little bit disappointen because I thought I could grab Obi Wans Interceptor cheaper.
Depends where you are, I bet. Honolulu Lego store is more expensive than MSRP, I assume because of the rent. Walmart/Target regularly sells sets at higher than MSRP here too. I never really compared prices since I usually buy from amazon or s@h.

Osahi

Pricing info:

Thanks. Over here there usually is a mark up of about 10 euro. But amazon.de should have those prices or double vip lakes the difference go away. These will have s@h pages soon probably?

Rootbeer

Banned
I had to call LEGO customer service for a VIP Point adjustment (SF LEGO Store didn't give them to me even though my VIP# was on the receipt... weird), I asked about the Disney Castle and when they could get more.

I don't know if he was being totally accurate or just hypothetical but he kept stating 10,000 as the number that they had for the first shipment. That seemed small to me, but actually 10,000 all selling out at 350 USD each is no small task. I assume he was talking USA region only.

I had completely forgotten that 76067 Tanker Truck Takedown was even a set.

It looks like it's on a 7 week backorder from S@H as well. I need to snag that, the Doctor Strange one and the DC Ra's Al Ghul sets - still haven't seen them in stores.

iosefe

I had completely forgotten that 76067 Tanker Truck Takedown was even a set.

It looks like it's on a 7 week backorder from S@H as well. I need to snag that, the Doctor Strange one and the DC Ra's Al Ghul sets - still haven't seen them in stores.

76067 is Toys r us Exclusive

i think the Ra's was Target.

ghostmind

TRU Canada "Make and Take" event on September 10th, from 11:00am to 1:00pm:

Build and take home a FREE LEGO Mini Lumiere OR a FREE LEGO Captain America mosaic.

*In store only. Event is for children between 4 - 14 years of age. Limit one build per child. While supplies last.

Heading to the Adirondacks for the weekend and thought it appropriate to bring along Lakeside Lodge to build. Also bringing VW beetle and a bulldozer for my son.

Guys any help appreciated.

We are starting on redecorating our 5 year olds room. He's decided he wants a bit of a minifigure wall - what is the best way to achieve this simply baseplates with the figures attached by the back of the legs or something better (but still simple enough)

Brilliant may try that - typically we tend to throw out the stands with the CMF as we never found a use for them

Argh! I use tons of them for roads in my city, but currently I'm done and with all the CMF coming out, I'll have more than enough.

Other uses: overlapping for roofs, under doors, partial tiling, etc.

Brilliant may try that - typically we tend to throw out the stands with the CMF as we never found a use for them

177973-dumb-and-dumber-do-you-realize-xHtz.jpeg

... :(

abf.png

Pricing info:

The TIE is again the most overpriced set in the series. It was the one I most wanted too. Might get the shuttle and constraction sets and wait for a sale.

Took me a long time to figure out uses for the mini figure plates. But then used them for a roof on a church last year, and now for steps in the movie theater. The plates have started showing up in regular sets now as well. Helicarrier and Disney Castle used them in a few places.

Osahi

New Star Wars sets pages are up on s@h. Price mark up is okayish here (5 to 10 extra, depending on the set size ) I'll get the at-st in october for double vip. U-wing and shuttle from amazon later. (10 euro mark up is a bit to much)

TheFuzz

Picked up my first set in a couple months: Ghostrider Team-Up.

Pretty excited about the build. Saw the Castle in person: there is no way that won't be mine. It's so majestic and huge.

DemiMatt

Picked up my first set in a couple months: Ghostrider Team-Up.

Pretty excited about the build. Saw the Castle in person: there is no way that won't be mine. It's so majestic and huge.

I really want that set, last weekend I went to TRU and bought the Spider Man Bridge set for 80 bucks - absolutely worth it! Didn't see any other sets worth getting.

Alright, who here throws the boxes away when done building a set? I've been keeping all my boxes broken down, but now the space even that takes up is getting out of hand.
Part of my brain says to keep them if I ever sell the sets. But a bigger part says I won't ever sell the sets anyways, so why keep the boxes?

DemiMatt

Alright, who here throws the boxes away when done building a set? I've been keeping all my boxes broken down, but now the space even that takes up is getting out of hand.
Part of my brain says to keep them if I ever sell the sets. But a bigger part says I won't ever sell the sets anyways, so why keep the boxes?

Keep them . . . always keep the boxes!

Alright, who here throws the boxes away when done building a set?

Immediately and without a care in the slightest. I don't buy Lego to sell. I buy them to build. Also, I don't have a space just to store garbage (because that's all empty boxes are!).

If I could save money by just having the Lego bags shipped to me without a box, I would be all over that. The packaging has to cost more than the actuak bricks on some of the smaller sets!

I was keeping them until very recently. I had bought the Parisian Restaurant and Slave 1 from Warehouse Deals. The boxes were taped to hold together, so I ditched those. Probably will clear out what I have been saving. Not going to sell them, so no reason to keep the boxes.

wetwired

I only keep boxes for modulars and other big sets, to my surprise the box for my Cafe Corner goes for $400+ on Bricklink

Finding someone willing to pay that is another story though...

I was keeping them until very recently. I had bought the Parisian Restaurant and Slave 1 from Warehouse Deals. The boxes were taped to hold together, so I ditched those. Probably will clear out what I have been saving. Not going to sell them, so no reason to keep the boxes.
That is where my brain is as well. Gotta turn off the collector mentality and just go with "I just want the bricks."

I was keeping them collapsed, but threw them out a couple years ago. More space for unopened sets and bins with broken down sets. Realistically I'm never going to sell my used sets.

I bet if you were of a mind to do so you could sell the empty boxes to resellers but I would never do that. Lego is about bricks and building not collecting and reselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom