• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

I picked up a couple of boxes of Series 16 today, Been waiting for this day for a long time...

3%20Amigoes.jpg

I have been wanting to make the 3 amigoes for years, before the first Mariachi with the green Sombrero came out even.

I still have black custom sombreros from I think Brickarms I bought many a moon ago with the intent to make them using waterslide decals. So glad I waited (got distracted) to allow LEGO to just do it for me.

The Brickarms Sombreros are a bit smaller though anyway. I do have some brown ones to make El Guapo and his sidekick so I might get stuck into that.

wetwired

A couple... of boxes? Have you a specific reason for buying so many?

I get a set for myself and my kids get a set shared (they get a minifig every now and again for doing jobs) I split any remaining sets with friends, saves on costs (boxes are cheaper than individual packets and the trial and error of bag feeling) Out of the 6 sets from the 2 boxes I only have one left I need to find a buyer for.

The spares from boxes I either sell individually or trade

wetwired

I see... Forgive me my curiosity, I was wondering whether you were on a new custom project and needed parts... ^_^

no, I do have a new custom in the works but I just bricklink for the parts, it's not cost efficient to buy CMF boxes to make customs

I picked up another two CMF, got the Boxer and the Hiker. Both look really good in person - the compass and the backpack are awesome accessories worth getting.

And I wasn't that interested in CMF16 to begin with... I might end up getting the ones missing now.

Pick a Brick on the new LEGO S@H has either changed or is broken, I can't work it out. Not only did it tell me I wouldn't earn any VIP points for my order, but it also doesn't count towards getting the free promotional item any more either.

I'll have to see what happens when the order properly processes, but I wonder if this is an intentional change or not. Adding a 5p brick to a £xx.99 item to get over the free-item threshold was really handy, but I can see why LEGO would want to prevent this. Not sure about VIP points though.

Pick a Brick on the new LEGO S@H has either changed or is broken, I can't work it out. Not only did it tell me I wouldn't earn any VIP points for my order, but it also doesn't count towards getting the free promotional item any more either.

I'll have to see what happens when the order properly processes, but I wonder if this is an intentional change or not. Adding a 5p brick to a £xx.99 item to get over the free-item threshold was really handy, but I can see why LEGO would want to prevent this. Not sure about VIP points though.

That is by design. When I buy from Bricks and Pieces it's the same deal.
I think LEGO does this because the promotions are meant to sell sets/packaged items. My guess is there are higher profit margins selling direct to customer and/or to clear inventory faster.

Koren

No VIP for PaB is new, no? I also don't understand why they would change that... (the free shipping threshold, I could understand, since they ship separately)

Yeah, PaB always used to count towards promos and earn VIP points, whereas B&P didn't.

Now it looks like neither does, unless it's just very slow to update.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah, PaB always used to count towards promos and earn VIP points, whereas B&P didn't.

Now it looks like neither does, unless it's just very slow to update.

I've been ordering from Lego S@H for about 4 years now and I can definitely attest to PaB online never counting for VIP or promos. I'm in US if that matters. It kinda annoyed me but I never made big orders with PaB so it never really mattered to me.

Just found this in the help section:

"You'll find the most commonly requested pieces in the Pick A Brick selection on LEGO Shop. If you need lots of parts, this is the best service as you can order a quantity of up to 999 pieces per brick. We change the bricks that are available to make sure we always have the most popular bricks. Plus you'll earn VIP points on your order and qualify for LEGO Shop promotions.

"Bricks & Pieces is designed to help fans replace pieces they've lost. You can order up to 200 pieces per brick. As Bricks & Pieces is part of Customer Service, you won't earn VIP points on these orders. However VIP points can be redeemed on both Pick a Brick and Bricks & Pieces orders."

So yeah, bug maybe? Or they haven't updated their help page, INCONCLUSIVE.

Just saw the Castle and bought it with my 10% off

Can't see it dropping below £260 anytime soon just hope it's not a purchase I regret my previous largest set is around £80!

ghostmind

How long until the next batch of Marvel Lego will drop?
Is there anykind of release pattern?

January:
76071 Mighty Micros: Spider-Man vs Scorpion
76072 Mighty Micros: Iron Man vs Thanos
76073 Mighty Micros: Wolverine vs Magneto
76076 Captain America Jet Pursuit
76077 Detroit Steel Strikes
76078 Hulk vs Red Hulk

Spring:
76079 GotG 1
76080 GotG 2
76081 GotG 3

ghostmind

CREATOR 1H 2017 (translated names):

31056 Green Convertible
31057 Helicopter
31058 Dinosaur
31059 Road Racing Machine
31060 Airshow Attractions
31062 Research Robot
31063 Beach Holiday
31064 Seaplane Adventure
31065 Townhouse on Park Road

ghostmind

CITY 1H 2017 (translated names):

60135 Police Quad
60136 Police Starter Set
60137 Police Service Truck Heist
60138 Police Chase
60139 Police Mobile Operations Center
60140 Bank Robbery
60141 Police Station
60142 Money Transport
60144 Sports Plane
60145 Beach Buggy
60146 Monster Truck
60147 Fishing Boat
60148 Pickup with Quads
60149 Transporter with Catamaran
60150 Pizza Van
60151 Dragster Transporter
60152 Digger with Truck

ghostmind

Elves 1H 2017 (translated names):

41181 Naidas Gondola and the Thieving Goblin
41182 The Capture of Sophie Jones
41183 The Evil Dragon of the Goblin King
41184 Airas Airship and the Hunt for the Amulet
41185 Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sure would be nice if they could restock the castle... I want to get one before the Christmas rush begins...

I still have no idea how my wife got one. The stock has been rough.

Halfway through the build of the castle and I've got to say...It's one of the best sets I've ever built. Wow.

Sure would be nice if they could restock the castle... I want to get one before the Christmas rush begins...

I was just at Disney World from 9/5-9/10 and they had a huge supply of them at both the Disney Springs Lego Store, and the Emporium on Main Street USA.

I'm holding off until double VIP though.

Maengun1

CREATOR 1H 2017 (translated names):

31063 Beach Holiday
31065 Townhouse on Park Road

These two sound right up my alley, can't wait to see them. I have Vacation Getaways and Fun In The Park on display right now with my fairground stuff :) [probably all getting disassembled soon though to make way for holiday displays]

Ponn

Banned
I'm hoping Oct. 1st Disney Castle goes back up for order, even backorder is fine. That would be like the perfect storm. If not I will order Holiday Train on the 1st and bite my nails for the rest of the month till the Castle pops back up.

A couple of things:

I know some people here use IKEA bookcases for displays. Does anyone use the Billy bookcases?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59155330/

If so, are the shelves good enough to hold modulars? I have a coworker unloading two of these bookcases for free (if I can go get them), and I would try and figure out space if I can wedge modulars in on them.

Secondly:

Tomorrow is when the Barnes and Noble clearance sale starts. There will be some LEGO stuff, and selection will vary by store. Get there as soon as they open for best selection before resellers ransack them.

And since some here are Gundam fans, many of the Gundam snap models are going on clearance as well. Even the big $60 ones. Just FYI.

gsrjedi

Question on Disney Castle. How fragile is it once built? I'm building in the kitchen & moving it to my room when done. Will it hold up okay?

Question on Disney Castle. How fragile is it once built? I'm building in the kitchen & moving it to my room when done. Will it hold up okay?
Take it in stages. It separates into three parts just to be safe. It was fine all together when moved mine, but better safe than sorry.

A couple of things:

I know some people here use IKEA bookcases for displays. Does anyone use the Billy bookcases?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59155330/

If so, are the shelves good enough to hold modulars? I have a coworker unloading two of these bookcases for free (if I can go get them), and I would try and figure out space if I can wedge modulars in on them.

Secondly:

Tomorrow is when the Barnes and Noble clearance sale starts. There will be some LEGO stuff, and selection will vary by store. Get there as soon as they open for best selection before resellers ransack them.

And since some here are Gundam fans, many of the Gundam snap models are going on clearance as well. Even the big $60 ones. Just FYI.

Billy shelves are about 77 or 57 centimeters wide and 28 centimeters deep, so you should easily fit two or three modulars on each.

Billy shelves are about 77 or 57 centimeters wide and 28 centimeters deep, so you should easily fit two or three modulars on each.
Per bookcase or shelf? Thought per shelf. Was just wondering if the depth was fine. The glass doors are nice, and getting be bookcases mean I can use my current display shelves for more storage drawers.

Ideally looking to move my modulars and maybe creator expert vehicles to them if I take the bookcases. After all, free is free. Just gotta convince the wife I can find space for the shelves. :)

Per bookcase or shelf? Thought per shelf. Was just wondering if the depth was fine. The glass doors are nice, and getting be bookcases mean I can use my current display shelves for more storage drawers.

Ideally looking to move my modulars and maybe creator expert vehicles to them if I take the bookcases. After all, free is free. Just gotta convince the wife I can find space for the shelves. :)

Per shelf. Except for the fixed middle shelf (at about 110 cm high) you can move the others to account for different heights.

The shelves are actually about 26 cm deep now that I measure them (some margins from the back piece) but still plenty for a 25 cm baseplate.

Per shelf. Except for the fixed middle shelf (at about 110 cm high) you can move the others to account for different heights.

The shelves are actually about 26 cm deep now that I measure them (some margins from the back piece) but still plenty for a 25 cm baseplate.
Awesome! Sounds like rearranging the apartment will be worth it for them. The doors will help with dust I think.

Osahi

January:
76071 Mighty Micros: Spider-Man vs Scorpion
76072 Mighty Micros: Iron Man vs Thanos
76073 Mighty Micros: Wolverine vs Magneto
76076 Captain America Jet Pursuit
76077 Detroit Steel Strikes
76078 Hulk vs Red Hulk

Spring:
76079 GotG 1
76080 GotG 2
76081 GotG 3

Let's hope the reissue the Milano. I just missed that one...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Thinking about getting the christmas train to go around the tree this year, what motors would I need to get that thing moving?
I'm guessing the train motor + one of the battery packs as a base?

Just switched out the default maze today for the medieval looking one, super cool. My girlfriend, housemate and I are planning on taking it apart again and making a Star Wars themed maze with the stuff we have from last year's SW advent calendar as we had 2 of them. I love the maze so much, favourite set at the moment as it's the only one I can actually play with as an adult ;)

willp2003

Thinking about getting the christmas train to go around the tree this year, what motors would I need to get that thing moving?
I'm guessing the train motor + one of the battery packs as a base?

I was just looking at this earlier. According to the info on s@h:
8879 (£11)
8884 (£11.50)
88000 (£12)
88002 (£12)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I was just looking at this earlier. According to the info on s@h:
8879 (£11)
8884 (£11.50)
88000 (£12)
88002 (£12)

Makes sense, do you need the IR part or can you just get the battery pack and flick it on to watch it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom