• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will that last Mixel wave be out then in October? I am trying to coordinate my trip to the store so i can hit all of my wishlist at once for double VIP!

This will be one massive haul if Mixels are out... Batcave + Brick Bank + Doctor Strange set and probably some other stuff i can't think of now. Man, my wallet will absolutely loathe me :(

Reminder that Darth Revan minifig will be available soon. Only U.S./Canada I believe. It will probably go fast.

Wish it was worldwide, such a great one to bring back.
Well, I don't think we're getting any Star Wars extra stuff in Europe. Instead we're getting Duplo Week.

Oh joy.

I thought it was 3x VIP and a First Order Stormy polybag? It's no Revan though :(

Yeah, the same one from May thr 4th. Such a dissapointment, must not have moved anything last time around.

I'm probably not going to bother putting up my Winter Market this year for my display. Overall the set was fun to build and it was a great value at the time. As time has passed though it just never really fits in with my holiday display and is usually put off to the side away from everything else. Every year the carousel in the set looks smaller and smaller too. If you are going to pass on a set that would be the one. Do you have Santa's Workshop yet? If you don't yea that and the Toy Shop should be definite pick ups.

I have bought all the Winter Village stuff since I got back into the hobby, but have yet to put them on an actual display together at the holidays. I still debate about doing it this year.

I put up my winter village every year & love doing it. That having been said, I don't put out any of the smaller elements nor do I rebuild them.

I haven't bought the last two, so I'm just putting out the original Toy Shop, Bakery, Post Office, Cottage & Market. My next purchase will definitely be the train so I may need some extra track to go around the border of my little Christmas town.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Question from a european who never ever has seen a Megablocks set - are they big competitors for Lego or do they just exist and sell something because they have a couple of big licences like Halo and Call of Duty?

Question from a european who never ever has seen a Megablocks set - are they big competitors for Lego or do they just exist and sell something because they have a couple of big licences like Halo and Call of Duty?

I think that they were a sub par "also ran" until they realized the value of a good license. The blocks are still lousy quality but many of their figs are decent and the licenses are terrific. I wouldn't touch the stuff though.

ghostmind

Possible modular news, apparently taken from a retailer briefing:

bOOlxvz.jpg

Off-screen pic? A street lineup that doesn't include Brick Bank? Using terms like "Modular" and "D2C" that Lego doesn't use externally? I call fake.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Over on Brickset Huw is reporting -following the recent fan event in Denmark- Jamie Berard confirmed the chances of a remake of Cafe Corner are pretty slim.

Fears over I guess, though I still suspect there will be a new cafe from the ground up at some point.

Brickcon usually brings a D2C January reveal doesnt it? Its coming up.

Woorloog

Banned
So, when are the Force Friday things going up? It is technically 30th here in Finland.
Also, is the Force Friday bonus really gonna be just 5x First Order Stormtrooper in Europe? Lucky yankees getting Revan...

Target had SW Resistance Transport on clearance. Go hunting, people!

Also, all SW LEGO is 15% off at BN stores right now. Not sure if that will include Rogue One stuff tomorrow or not.

Also BN will get Mixels 9 this Saturday, as well as a free Star Wars build event in their stores.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, the Force Friday is up now in Finland... and it is one frigging FO Stormy? For some reason i thought there'd be more

EDIT To make things better, a local shop offers Rogue One lego pre-orders... with cheap prices. Consider: TIE Striker at shop.lego.com 85€, and the local shop has it for 65€.
Triple VIP points means i'd get, what, 250 points ie 10€ off from another purchase with points left-over, not really a good enough incentive, not without Revan... Sigh.

Let's see what all Rogue One Legos together would be at local store...

Assuming it isn't fake (I'm leaning toward fake), it says january the 4th ...

oh wow my brain read it as april first too. i never remember the european format difference when the date is small enough to disguise itself as a month.

but yeah that seems kind of fake.

Osahi

Ordered the At-St and UCS Slave-1 with triple VIP. Was planning on getting the U-Wing, but will hold off a bit now I ordered the Slave. Chances are, I'll find the U-Wing cheaper soon in regular toy shops, even considering the 270 points it would net.

wetwired

4/1 in none euro format is April fools so I'm calling fake

I'd say it's real, that 10th anniversary logo looks pretty legit to me, fakes are you usually a bit lazier

The name "square" makes me think it's a large central park type building but being the "ultimate modular building" doesn't sound very park-like

iosefe

from what i hear, LEGO stores will stop receiving pretty much every star wars set released in the last year and several old stragglers as well. unless of course they are still selling well and in which case larger stores will likely get them.

so might be a very good idea to take advantage of October 2x vip

Boogiepop

So wait, with this 30th promo, am I right in that things should align so that I can, like, order one of those little tiny mini-ships and still score free shipping and a free little minifigure bonus? Also, when does that go up? Midnight?

TheFuzz

Not buying the modular advert, too formal for someone to use "probably" and the vernacular isn't something Lego uses. Also, a $400 modular goes completely against the point of the modular line and against Lego's $350 "soft" max they've been keeping firm on lately.

That being said, if they're making a $350 modular skyscraper or something with 5000 pieces, I'm down. Down hard.

It's also worth mentioning 1/4 falls on a Wednesday, and just seems like an odd day to release it.

willp2003

Ordered the sandcrawler, used the £10 code and £15 worth of VIP points that were about to expire. I've already got the FO stormie, so might give them to my mate's kids for xmas.

Taisaijin

I'd say it's real, that 10th anniversary logo looks pretty legit to me, fakes are you usually a bit lazier

The name "square" makes me think it's a large central park type building but being the "ultimate modular building" doesn't sound very park-like

I agree - while anything -can- be faked, this has the polish of a legit slide.

Are we clear on the price? I'm seeing different conversions, if it's Danish Krones it would be USD 300~ not 400~, or am I missing something?

Point of reference, the UCS Sandcrawler is DKK 2799 which sells for USD 299.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ordered the At-St and UCS Slave-1 with triple VIP. Was planning on getting the U-Wing, but will hold off a bit now I ordered the Slave. Chances are, I'll find the U-Wing cheaper soon in regular toy shops, even considering the 270 points it would net.

Triple VIP??

the revan fig kicks in for the US at midnight eastern?

It happens to me regularly with US dates (I never understood the logic tbh)

People usually only say "september thirtieth" or whatever in casual conversation then the year gets tacked on as an afterthought when it carries over into writing out a real date, far as i can tell.

After the effort put into a couple gaming-side fakes in recent years i don't want to underestimate trolls any longer, haha.

If it is real, then the name has me expecting an outdoor area flanked by buildings. I'm imagining a double-width modular with a full building's worth of plaza in the middle and half-width buildings on each side, like if each pet shop building had a ton more windows and only one side with connection points. Or the plaza is designed to sit on a corner with buidlings facing in. Or maybe the front half of every plate is outdoor space with narrow buidlings in the back half. I guess the connection points for the flanking buildings would have to slot into fences or stonework on the park/square. Or i'm completely wrong and this is a huge outdoor space. or or or or or or....

of course, at this point i'm writing fanfiction. Or planning another MOC that I'll never really make.

wetwired

the revan fig kicks in for the US at midnight eastern?

People usually only say "september thirtieth" or whatever in casual conversation then the year gets tacked on as an afterthought when it carries over into writing out a real date, far as i can tell.

After the effort put into a couple gaming-side fakes in recent years i don't want to underestimate trolls any longer, haha.

If it is real, then the name has me expecting an outdoor area flanked by buildings. I'm imagining a double-width modular with a full building's worth of plaza in the middle and half-width buildings on each side, like if each pet shop building had a ton more windows and only one side with connection points. Or the plaza is designed to sit on a corner with buidlings facing in. Or maybe the front half of every plate is outdoor space with narrow buidlings in the back half. I guess the connection points for the flanking buildings would have to slot into fences or stonework on the park/square. Or i'm completely wrong and this is a huge outdoor space. or or or or or or....

of course, at this point i'm writing fanfiction. Or planning another MOC that I'll never really make.

Seems plausible, I could imagine a glass arched roof over the middle area like a mall as well.

ItMilanGalleriainterior2-541x372.jpg

$400 RRP doesn't sound too unreasonable if the modular photo is legit. The past few years LEGO has been putting out a number of sets $300 and up.

I hope that there's a regular modular to go along with it if thats legit. Modulars had a great value for your money, and aren't crazy expensive, and it would suck if it that was gone. I'm probably never going to buy a lego thats $400 personally so thats kind of a negative for me.

Boogiepop

Did... I complete my order? It was glitchy, then it went to a step where it was "processing payment" after I confirmed finally, but it hung there forever and forced me to reset, and now my cart is empty.
Edit: I have no email, though. How quick is the turnaround on those, usually?

Experien

Did... I complete my order? It was glitchy, then it went to a step where it was "processing payment" after I confirmed finally, but it hung there forever and forced me to reset, and now my cart is empty.
Edit: I have no email, though. How quick is the turnaround on those, usually?

Isn't that how it is on every launch night?

Ponn

Banned
Sites borked. I was going to get an AT-ST but with this free shipping promo and the revan fig with any SW purchase scalpers are going to be going crazy. I grabbed a microfighter set and checked out instead of waiting to make sure I get a Revan fig. If the screen hangs up on the auth payment screen open another tab and log back in to check order status to see if it went through, mine did so I closed the hung up screen.

Boogiepop

Really slow even at the best of times.

Isn't that how it is on every launch night?

Dang. So should I just hold off and maybe call it a night, and see tomorrow if I actually have a completed order rather than the site just kind of glitching out?

Edit: And complaining on GAF wins again! Immediately after posting this, I got the confirmation email. (Just got the Rebel Alliance Battle Pack to get the figure, some neat little other dudes, and a speeder bike for a nice cheap purchase).

Only double VIP for US orders? Makes it easy for me to skip ordering something today.

I have a feeling I will finally cave in October on Sandcrawler. I already have a Darth Revan thanks to a GAFfer (thank you again, NeonGlow!) that sent me one the other year when the promo first hit, so no rush on ordering Star Wars stuff for me.

I do hope some of you are getting Resistance Transport though. You deserve to build something that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom