• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Sorry to those that couldn't get a Revan. While i'm not always happy about the required purchases and how much you have to spend to get free stuff I guess this debacle shows how it can be a blessing in disguise. I'm betting thats why the site was especially borked last night more so than usual. Probably a gazillion scalpers ordering multiple seperate orders with just keychains. It was like a perfect storm of promos for them to abuse.

Osahi

My order was just shipped. At-ST and UCS Slave-1. No Revan because I am a filthy European, but 734 points and 10 euros of with the promocode that still seemed to work

I found the first Dimensions sets in TRU. Got Ghostbusters, Harry Potter and A-Team. Also got one of the minifig packs (I picked the musician one).

Now to wait for 10 gigs of updates...

Picked up the U-Wing and the Shuttle at Wal-Mart this morning...was tough to leave the Tie behind, but I'll probably snag it eventually as well.

ghostmind

After this debacle, I decided to pick up the Rogue One sets from TRU.

Ended up with 4 free polybags (2 FO Finalizers, 2 FO Generals), a free Bricktober minifig set, a free "Creepy Geoffrey & Kids" set, a poster, and some coupons.

I already have Revan from the "May the 4th" that he was offered.

Boogiepop

So here's a question for you guys: what Duplo sets come especially recommended for the young ones? Got a nephew who's 2, going on 3 in a few months. To be honest he may not immediately get the idea to be fair, but he's been having some fun building stuff lately with some basic wooden blocks, so I was thinking of tagging something Duplo onto my double VIP order to try giving him for Christmas. So yeah, if anyone's especially knowledgeable about such things, that'd be nice.

Possible modular news, apparently taken from a retailer briefing:

bOOlxvz.jpg

After this debacle, I decided to pick up the Rogue One sets from TRU.

Ended up with 4 free polybags (2 FO Finalizers, 2 FO Generals), a free Bricktober minifig set, a free "Creepy Geoffrey & Kids" set, a poster, and some coupons.

I already have Revan from the "May the 4th" that he was offered.

This was at a CDN TRU? Ok, I need to hit one up today. I was going to wait for the week they're doing the Symbiote polybag - I hadn't realized they were giving out FO polys. What's the "finalizer"?

Edit: Ah, it's the Star Destroyer.

All they had to do was make it one promo per household.
Im pretty sure it was actually.

I read the fine print on the deal from the website after my order went through because I thought about doing a second one in case my first one didn't go through and I think it said one per household.

Only reason I got it is because I'm in Europe for a few more days and I'm 9 hours ahead of PST, so I woke up right when the deal went live. Seems crazy it was that limited, especially if it truly was one per household.

Not saying I'm not glad they didn't put a high minimum price for getting the figure, but that might have helped make it not sell out so crazy fast. I know I would have bought a lot more than the little $20 if it was required.

I'm just assuming the Revan stock was left over from May the 4th from a few years back so there probably wasn't a ton of inventory.

Making the threshold so low made it easy to order just a keychain and get Revan combined with not turning on the Rogue One sets until much later easily exhausted the supply.

I didn't have to pay a scalper to get Revan and i got a keychain I wanted. Tomorrow I can get the Rogue One sets I wanted, double points, and the Xmas Calendar. That is win/win in my book.

Had the Rogue One sets been turned on at the same time as Revan, I think there would be less disappointment. Most I imagine were trying to do one big order. I just was lucky in that I didn't intend to buy any Rogue One sets today.

Markus

Thanks for your post. I wasn't even checking my emails or my order status page. I just checked my order status page and have six pending orders (5 In Process and 1 In Warehouse). All my orders where I received an error message somehow went through. If they all ship, I'll have two BB-8 keychains, one R2 keychain, two Resistance X-wing Micro Fighters, and an Imperial Troop Transport. I really only wanted one Darth Revan. Doh!

Hope this doesn't trigger a ban. This is an example of what I was speaking about last week; unintentionally breaking the promo guidelines.

As opposed to intentionally trying to...

Got a friend who doesn't care about LEGO? Make account in his name and you got two Revans. Easy. Also, just use your work address.

ghostmind

This was at a CDN TRU? Ok, I need to hit one up today. I was going to wait for the week they're doing the Symbiote polybag - I hadn't realized they were giving out FO polys. What's the "finalizer"?

Edit: Ah, it's the Star Destroyer.

YMMV on the promos, as I have an established rapport with store management. At the least, you should get the Finalizer and the Bricktober minifig set.

Rootbeer

Banned
Really sorry for anyone who couldn't score a revan.

I smelled trouble when none of the rogue one items were being listed on time... bought a boba fett keychain that says it comes with revan just to be safe...

I didn't want to go that route because it really feels like cheating, but their store forced my hand!

Anyway this morning I ordered some rogue one sets, but sadly no revan included. Guess I'll have to enjoy my extra Lavaria

Im pretty sure it was actually.

I read the fine print on the deal from the website after my order went through because I thought about doing a second one in case my first one didn't go through and I think it said one per household.

Only reason I got it is because I'm in Europe for a few more days and I'm 9 hours ahead of PST, so I woke up right when the deal went live. Seems crazy it was that limited, especially if it truly was one per household.

Not saying I'm not glad they didn't put a high minimum price for getting the figure, but that might have helped make it not sell out so crazy fast. I know I would have bought a lot more than the little $20 if it was required.
Oh that would be why I only got one confirmation email but have 2 orders in the Order Status. Hopefully they automatically cancel the other one. Otherwise I'll donate the 2nd Revan to the next contest.

Really sorry for anyone who couldn't score a revan.

I smelled trouble when none of the rogue one items were being listed on time... bought a boba fett keychain that says it comes with revan just to be safe...

I didn't want to go that route because it really feels like cheating, but their store forced my hand!

Anyway this morning I ordered some rogue one sets, but sadly no revan included. Guess I'll have to enjoy my extra Lavaria
Ya I was planning to buy the tank thing, mainly for the minifigs and it's a good piece/price even if the tank thing looks dumb imo. But since it wasn't available and I wanted to order fast I just grabbed the Boba keychain like everyone else. Can always use a Boba keychain.

Rootbeer

Banned
In case anyone was wondering if Revan had different packaging or anything... nope, 100% identical to first release.

Great to get a second shot at it though.

14448841_10154691257701614_7028604793096423691_n.jpg

Anyway, if you love Star Wars sets it looks like they did a really nice job on all of these Rogue One sets, particularly the larger ones. They are reviewing well.

Experien

Hope this doesn't trigger a ban. This is an example of what I was speaking about last week; unintentionally breaking the promo guidelines.

I didn't do this. I am just saying it is easy to do that and doesn't stop the one household rule. Should've ordered a keychain cause I wanted a Revan.

TheFuzz

What. Have. I. Done?

I haven't bought a SW Lego set in 15 years. Walked into the Lego store knowing I really like a few of the new Rogue One sets.

They had 2 At-St's left.

They had a few Revan's left.

Double VIP points.

I did it. I jumped back into Star Wars after three years of resisting

Rootbeer

Banned
Grats on the AT-ST and Revan... it's been way too long since LEGO gave us an AT-ST. This one looks really good. I had to grab one too.

This is actually my first AT-ST from them (not counting mini builds)

TheFuzz

Grats on the AT-ST and Revan... it's been way too long since LEGO gave us an AT-ST. This one looks really good. I had to grab one too.

This is actually my first AT-ST from them (not counting mini builds)

Yeah it's one of my favorite models from Star Wars. I had planned on getting it since the wife and I like Jedi. REALLY tempted by Krennick's shuffle. Looks so awesomely evil.

Everyone talking about Star Wars and Revan and here I am rubbing my hands together as I plan to get Bucket Wheel Excavator once double VIP starts. Got the Arocs a month or two ago and really enjoyed that, I think I need to get more Technic sets.

They want 50€ in Germany ~_~

They want 62€ here in Sweden. As usual, take the normal fucked up $=€ conversion and then turn it around one more notch...

I'm happy with my old Endor Battle AT-ST anyway.

On another note, this other chain has 25% off EVERYTHING this weekend. Only... they didn't add the Rogue One sets. Watch them add them on monday. And unlike TRU, they don't stock the exclusives so there's no opportunity for a cheap modular or something.

ghostmind

What. Have. I. Done?

I haven't bought a SW Lego set in 15 years. Walked into the Lego store knowing I really like a few of the new Rogue One sets.

They had 2 At-St's left.

They had a few Revan's left.

Double VIP points.

I did it. I jumped back into Star Wars after three years of resisting

9g8PH1MbwTy4o.gif

Palacebrother: Is that supposed to be young Scott Bacula or...?

Anyway, i already have my sealed Revan from way back when and the new Rogue one sets will go on sale on Amazon sooner or later anyways so it will be Mixels, Batcave and maybe some Dimensions sets on my trip to the store next week :)

Rootbeer

Banned
The U-Wing looks great tho

I agree, love how the wings work.

I got the U-Wing, Krennic's Shuttle and the AT-ST. That's the more expensive ones out of the way. I'll get the other two over time.

I also had to pick up some non-LEGO Rogue One stuff (mostly Black Series 6" figures and some Figuarts pre-orders)

Wanderer5

Yep TIE Striker looks like First Order TIE all over again indeed heh. It does look nice and the moving the wings up and down is kind of neat, but think I shall pass anyway and wait to see how the batman movie sets turn out.

Huh. This place here claims to have Sonic, ET and Gremlins in stock. Guess I'll place an order and see.

It's a bit messy to have to download separate packs now, but I played a bit of Midway (which I hadn't touched yet) while waiting for my stuff. I hopped into the Harry Potter world and it's pretty great. A huge area including Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, that other town, and surrounding places. Messed around quite a bit, will try Ghostbusters tomorrow.

3N16MA

Banned

TLG should worry about fixing their site instead of banning people over a mistake.

Add to the fact that there is no possible way to cancel mistake orders at that time considering their phone support is closed, email is considered too slow according to them, there is no option on the site itself.

So here's a question for you guys: what Duplo sets come especially recommended for the young ones? Got a nephew who's 2, going on 3 in a few months. To be honest he may not immediately get the idea to be fair, but he's been having some fun building stuff lately with some basic wooden blocks, so I was thinking of tagging something Duplo onto my double VIP order to try giving him for Christmas. So yeah, if anyone's especially knowledgeable about such things, that'd be nice.

Just a heads up, Duplo sets do not offer great building experiences by themself, it is only when you combine a lot of sets that you can get creative yourself and create awesome things.

The Batcave with Batwing is pretty cool, together with the Spider-Man motorcycle it is my sons favourite set and the only one that stayed together longer than a couple of days (and he has three large boxes full with Duplo). The polar set with the whale is pretty cool too.

The basic train set is pretty solid as well. The Disney train with Mickey and Minnie was a bit of a let down, but the figures are excellent.

Hope this helps you along. Good luck and happy hunting.

Boogiepop

Just a heads up, Duplo sets do not offer great building experiences by themself, it is only when you combine a lot of sets that you can get creative yourself and create awesome things.

The Batcave with Batwing is pretty cool, together with the Spider-Man motorcycle it is my sons favourite set and the only one that stayed together longer than a couple of days (and he has three large boxes full with Duplo). The polar set with the whale is pretty cool too.

The basic train set is pretty solid as well. The Disney train with Mickey and Minnie was a bit of a let down, but the figures are excellent.

Hope this helps you along. Good luck and happy hunting.

Awesome, thanks for the tips! And yeah, that definitely helps as I'm certainly a little out of my element here, but he's started showing some interest in building stuff, so I'd certainly love to encourage that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom