• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more mixels? WTF???? That was literally my favorite line this year.

At least they went out with a bang. This last year was amazing and really imaginative.

I got like 40 of them over the last few years lol

I guess that's the problem with getting attached to Lego lines. Unless you chose the long running ones, you'll get burned eventually.

october wave is the final wave

OMG, you were serious then? Is that confirmed?

If so then... i am sad and relieved at the same time.

I mean, i have collected them all and really like most of them but to be honest, between collecting and displaying CMFs already and then Mixels, i am seriously running out of space here.

This is actually a good thing. I will be able to display them all on one table and call it a day :)

iosefe

OMG, you were serious then? Is that confirmed?

If so then... i am sad and relieved at the same time.

I mean, i have collected them all and really like most of them but to be honest, between collecting and displaying CMFs already and then Mixels, i am seriously running out of space here.

This is actually a good thing. I will be able to display them all on one table and call it a day :)

it's been known for a month. show is ending, so obviously no more sets
http://brickset.com/article/23310

Those Nexo knight constructs are not constraction / CCBS in my book. The fact they use the small ball joints with studs and use tons of stud riddled bricks is good enough to belong to the regular system.

It was only natural that there would be more system like "constractions" with the small ball joints. Some of the Nexo Knight bad guys were already constraction-like in the first two waves.

Nexo Knights not being true constractions leaves a question mark on the future of constraction. For now, only the Star Wars ones are around. If sales of those are poor, will we see new constraction themes in the near future?

As for Mixels, I'm glad they are done as it was killing me collecting them all every 3 months. So much that I actually stopped collecting them all which is a big deal for a recovering completionist like myself.

I think if people are sad Mixels is ending, it is a good sign that Mixels is ending on a high note. Hopefully they will bring them back every so often. I'd like to see other likes like that. Maybe a "robot" series.

Ending Mixels is a bad move, they may not sell amazingly but they are brilliant for 4-5 year olds first builds.

Time and difficulty wise they were perfect for my son

Osahi

Sidney Opera House

Edit: micro Y-Wing looks the same as the one that came with the book (except for the fluck fire misile) Love the Shuttle and hope the U-wing will have the transform function.

Also will get the imperial battle pack. The Walker looks cool

3N16MA

Banned
Not LEGO but I was looking at Mega Bloks TMNT lineup and they seem to be doing what TLG should have with the license.

Releasing the classic Party Wagon, Technodrome, Turtles from the 1987 cartoon. They even went as far back as doing black and white turtles from the Mirage Comics. That is on top of the animated line and film sets.

TheFuzz

Anyone bought the Cargo Train? It includes power functions and can be had for just at $104 on jet.com, nearly 50% off.

I've tried to avoid trains but this looks almost unbeatable, especially since I want PF for the winter train.

Opinions?

nny

To celebrate the completion of both our PhDs, my girlfriend and I are visiting Billund and Legoland in a few days. Anyone who has been there has any tips to share? I'll try to infiltrate the LEGO headquarters ;P

mrkgoo

Finally completed my Wizard's tower! This is my biggest MOC so far and with the limited time i have for building these days i am ok with how it ended up. It could be more refined still in places and have a bigger base (which i initially planned) but i figured i don't have the time, patience, or bricks to fully realize my vision right now so this is as good as it gets this time around ;)

fdVx5Rr.jpg

hI6AwdX.jpg

Unfortunately though, the whole thing is super fragile, since i only built it for display, not for playing around. And yes, i know it's not really minifig scale either :p I am glad i got this far without it falling apart!

I love it! there'a elegance to its simplicity.

Markus

Anyone bought the Cargo Train? It includes power functions and can be had for just at $104 on jet.com, nearly 50% off.

I've tried to avoid trains but this looks almost unbeatable, especially since I want PF for the winter train.

Opinions?

I got that about a year ago. I really enjoyed the build, I think its a great little set. Been thinking of building a CN Rail version of the loco if I ever get around to seeing what parts I have in appropriate colours. Ordered some custom CN stickers off eBay for a few bucks.

For half price, it's more than worth the $$. I'd recommend get some extra track, or to even buy 2 of the cargo train sets

Whoa. I was so focused on the Falcon/Sam Wilson version of Captain America I didn't notice the tube arms.

How does that even work? I just checked and there is no way to have a single tube go through both torso arm holes. This means there are likely two separate tubes secured somehow in each arm hole. Maybe some new torso? I can't imagine LEGO giving a minifig with just tube arms for a minifig and not have regular arms. Maybe two separate torsos? Now LEGO needs to have Plastic Man with arms like that.

Where are people seeing this new Cap set!? I've reread the past 3-4 pages several times now and I can't find it and google isn't helping either I wanna seeeeee

wetwired

I kinda forgot there was a LEGO expo on this weekend to take my simpsons display too, so I'm frantically building some new stuff to go with it, I've made the BLOCKO building from the Lego episode and King Tuts and hoping to do the Frying Dutchman all you can eat seafood place. The guy I'm building with has done the church which is massive and looks awesome. I wanted to do the below as well last time but ran out of lime green. I ordered some more and knocked it out over last night and a little bit of polish tonight...

I kinda forgot there was a LEGO expo on this weekend to take my simpsons display too, so I'm frantically building some new stuff to go with it, I've made the BLOCKO building from the Lego episode and King Tuts and hoping to do the Frying Dutchman all you can eat seafood place. The guy I'm building with has done the church which is massive and looks awesome. I wanted to do the below as well last time but ran out of lime green. I ordered some more and knocked it out over last night and a little bit of polish tonight...

Well done Wet. That thing looks really soft and yielding.

So someone gifted me the Lincoln Memorial set, but without a box (he threw the box away to save space on a flight or something...yeah don't even ask)

Thing is, as i am building it, i notice a tiny bag of JUST 85 white 1x1 round bricks with a hole is MISSING :(

So yeah, either the dude messed up and lost a bag OR Lego forgot to package it in! How likely is that? Also: If i contact Lego about this, do i need the box for reference or are the instructions needed? (which i do have)

I already checked Bricklink btw, the cheapest i can buy those parts for used is 30 bucks UGH, not worth it.

Never had any interest in Technic, nor do I have a lot of room or a big LEGO budget, how big a mistake did I make;

You made a huge opposite of mistake.
That is a limited set of an iconic brand car so it will likely go up in price. Makes a great display piece.

Markus

So yeah, either the dude messed up and lost a bag OR Lego forgot to package it in! How likely is that? Also: If i contact Lego about this, do i need the box for reference or are the instructions needed? (which i do have)

I'd say chances are very slim that LEGO missed that much of an error with their QC and let that particular box leave the factory. Possible but not probable.

Since you honestly don't know for sure (and I assume you've bought more than a couple bucks worth of their product over the years lol) I would say play dumb and request them as missing pieces. There's a chance someone will follow up on this request to get more info from you, but I have never had more than 1 piece missing from a set.

The easiest thing to do is submit an online request for the pieces

https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts?chosenFlow=2#

I just took a quick look and it looks like that part you need is currently out of stock, but you can still submit a request for up to 85 of them

iuuk

I dunno about that mate, but i do spy an Imperial Flagship behind that Porsche so apparently you're not TOTALLY new to at least somewhat expensive sets :p

O, yeah, I have some more expensive sets (also posted some here), just afraid to add Technic to my addiction :p. Those sets have been getting better and better.

As for your architecture set, the last time I needed to get some missing pieces from a LEGO licensed set they gave me this reply; Before we can send you the parts, we’ll need to get a number off the back of your instructions.. It's very likely that your friend fucked up, but LEGO has been great with 'no questions asked' replacements, so it wouldn't surprise me if they gave you a new bag.

You made a huge opposite of mistake.
That is a limited set of an iconic brand car so it will likely go up in price. Makes a great display piece.

That's definitely how I usually defend my purchases to myself. Still afraid to open this Technic door.
I do think I have to sell my Haunted House to refill the budget though. Also a fantastic set, but I don't really have the room for it, and it's worth quite a bit at the moment.

robochimp

So someone gifted me the Lincoln Memorial set, but without a box (he threw the box away to save space on a flight or something...yeah don't even ask)

Thing is, as i am building it, i notice a tiny bag of JUST 85 white 1x1 round bricks with a hole is MISSING :(

I already checked Bricklink btw, the cheapest i can buy those parts for used is 30 bucks UGH, not worth it.

A few months ago we had a 3 bag Ninjago set that had a second bag #2 instead of bag #3. They sent all the missing pieces.

Koren

Winnie the Pie > Really nice tower... I'd really like to see more about the technique to do those round walls... Is this mostly round bricks hold by 2x1 plates?

Osahi > Many thanks... I thought the Opera was already EoL.

Finished the Disney Castle last night.

Woooooah. Magnificent build the entire way through.
I visited the Paris downtown Lego store yesterday since I had some free time, I must admit I've been really disappointed by the castle when I saw it.

It's difficult to explain, but it was kinda reminding me a low-cost cardboard build. It lacks volume (or at least some depth). The fact that there's many large pieces (with brick prints that seems cheap to me) doesn't help, I think.

That's unfortunate, because I liked the pictures (but where you don't really see depth) and the little builds behind.

Not a sure buy anymore for me, I'll have to think about this...

wetwired

I visited the Paris downtown Lego store yesterday since I had some free time, I must admit I've been really disappointed by the castle when I saw it.

It's difficult to explain, but it was kinda reminding me a low-cost cardboard build. It lacks volume (or at least some depth). The fact that there's many large pieces (with brick prints that seems cheap to me) doesn't help, I think.

That's unfortunate, because I liked the pictures (but where you don't really see depth) and the little builds behind.

Not a sure buy anymore for me, I'll have to think about this...

Yeah it takes the fake facade/playset route over the solid modular-like construction like the GB firehouse. It's not enough to turn me away though, I'll get it...eventually

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars

Ahh, nice. I built mine (https://www.flickr.com/photos/91612206@N04/15704528465/) back when there were loads of lime tiles at the LEGO store and some lime Mixels out there.

Ponn

Banned
Still haven't been able to find it restocked on S@H... getting antsy!

You can join me in the waiting room. I'd like to get it in time for my Christmas display but i'm feeling like thats becoming less and less likely. If I can manage to order it during one of the upcoming double VIP's though that should give me enough points to pick up the next modular for almost free which would be super nice.

I did just order all the necessary power functions for my Holiday Train though one or two of them were on backorder. That's going to be fun to have under the tree this year. I might test everything out by trying to get my Ghost Train setup with the power functions and tracks for Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom