• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
merely a rumour at this point, that's literally all I've heard on the matter

Well, i mean, unless it's really confirmed, it's ALL rumors and speculations on this board, it's a big reason of why we're all here right? ;)

This is the first i've heard of it though, if true that would be HUGE hmmm... can't even imagine NOT having a new modular to look forward to every year.

teeny

If that rumour is true, that would be shit of the highest order. :(

I only have two! I really need to get my finger out on Detective's Office, Pet Shop and Cinema.

I dunno, I could live without any more modulars. I've already caught up with my customs, and besides being a great source of parts (which is moot because you never break them down to begin with), they don't serve a great purpose.

If nothing else, they're forcing me to make some hard choices already.

Sure in SOME ways it would be a relief. For someone who has collected them all (or almost in my case) it really proves hard to find adequate space to display them them all and if not now then in a couple years for sure!

I just wouldn't understand Lego's reasons behind abandoning this line? I mean, they sell well enough right?

dno_1966

Just started the Caterham (no stickers - yay!) and am really enjoying it. First set in a while, since the VW Beetle, forgot how much fun Lego is.

TheFuzz

It will probably be about $300. $350 tops. I am very excited for this one. And if it is like Parisian Restaurant, LEGO is just gonna blow their load on January 1st and have the rest of the year failing to match the opening salvo.
Even if Sea Cow was the better set that year. :)

EDIT:
Eurobricks once again referring back to here. I guess LEGO GAF is officially in the loop. So how long until Wetwired starts getting freebies since he started us down this path years ago?

I'm with Phon, guessing it's $300 at the absolute most. The GB HQ was well over 4200 pieces and licensed for only $350. This sucker will likely fall in at $300 even.

It's not insane to think this thing is priced at a max of $250. Town Hall was 2800 pieces at $200 and didn't sell well, and the Brick Bank is nearly 2400 pieces at $160.

wetwired

Well, i mean, unless it's really confirmed, it's ALL rumors and speculations on this board, it's a big reason of why we're all here right? ;)

This is the first i've heard of it though, if true that would be HUGE hmmm... can't even imagine NOT having a new modular to look forward to every year.

I heard it from a LEGO retailer but they stated it as rumour so take that for what it's worth

TheFuzz

.... Something's getting leaked today I bet.

A poster on the post posted about Wetwireds post on EB posted something was happening today.

ghostmind

PNAq7Vb.jpg

TheFuzz

That's very nice. I'll need some more pics before giving my final thoughts.

A bakery? A flower shop? A bookstore? GIVE IT ALL TO THEM.

ghostmind

As often happens, one site jumped the gun by an hour, so I'll put together a full post in about 40 minutes in the OT, once the press release is out.

kapowza

Dentist, Cobbler/Key Cutter guy, Photographer (needs a baby)

edit: photographer looks like the guy from mythbusters. And there is a baby.

TheFuzz

I'll have to wait until built, but good lord is this thing nice.

Parisian, my sweet prince, you may have been dethroned.

I LOVE the nods to the Green Grocer and Cafe Corner. And HEIGHT. Jamie went back and went up with this model and we've got a taller set this time.

Taisaijin

Jaime.. you have outdone yourself. All the nods to CC with the cafe signage, awnings and the printed instruction tile. Amazing way to re-imagine a cafe without going full 10249.

Are the 2x2 angled tiles are new? Makes for much nicer detailing than the nexo shields.

That new 1/2 1x1 round tile piece is tremendous. Not only do we get the pizza slice but look at that piano bench!!

I love this design - really looking forward to buying, then finding room for this thing.

Edit: Oh snap we get a bunch of new rounded tiles for the floors & roof to rest on!

Ah... huh.

This is what I mean by modulars not being essential for me anymore. I already built a flower shop and a bakery (and a dentist), and this would need to replace my 48x48 square. I already built the idea of using garage door pieces for a glass wall.

Also, visually it's a mix of Café Corner and Green Grocer, almost literally. Maybe with some Pet Shop thrown in.

I like the idea and it will probably look awesome when completed, but yeah...

Look at the parts usage though! Tons and tons of half rounded 1x1 tiles, 2x2 macaroni tiles, 2x2 angled corner tiles, 4x4 macaroni tiles, some quarter circle tiles, dark arch pieces, and tons of white curled pillar pieces.

TheFuzz

Anyone else notice the exposed studs on the sidewalk? Finally I don't have to do it myself, that's a first for the line, too.

Dat wedding cake build using a tire hub!

Although, I am disappointed that this seems to be three half plates stuck together instead of letting you separate them and arrange them however you want to.

I love the use of the bulldozer scoop and hammers to make the top of the middle building.

GASP! Semicircle tiles! And in varying sizes to boot! Perfect for going around edges. Not the pie piece ones (which are amazing), but the ones on the outside rim of the side buildings.

x46e3E5.jpg

That's been one of my most wanted piece types for years!

ghostmind

Official reveal may have been pushed out for a couple more hours. Not that it matters that much, but it will still be a while for the press release (and hopefully designer video).

EDIT: I've seen the designer video, and it is a Jamie set. No word on this being the last entry in the series however. I literally can't share the video right now, but it should be available in the next couple hours.

5BYJvl5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom