• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hello guys, have a question here that especially people in UK and Germany could help me with.

My brother who lives in Frankfurt has bought me the Detective Office set and he is traveling to the UK (London) by plane to meet my parents for his graduation ceremony. He will travel only with carry on luggage and my question is whether he can bring the Lego bags with him (no box) on the plane in his carry on luggage and then give it to my parents when they meet up, who will then bring it back to me (also in their carry on luggage on plane)....

In a few words, is Lego allowed on a plane in your carry on luggage or is it going to create problems? Thanks.

It'll be allowed in your carry on, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I bought a small set at the airport in Berlin once, flew back to the UK. I suppose that's different because I bought it in the airport but eh.

teeny

Currently building Sea Cow and... what a BEAST! I am more than halfway done i think, and it's already the best Pirate ship i've ever built! It's just so...meaty? The actual hull is thick, and filled with stuff, almost to the point that it makes the Black Pearl and similar ships feel like poor 2D cardboard cutouts or something lol.

Also: DAT captain's cabin!!!

Only regret i already see coming is where the hell am i gonna put this thing after i'm done? :(

My most desired future Lego release is a Sea Cow 2.0 for the next Lego Movie. I sorely regret not picking this up.

Currently building Sea Cow and... what a BEAST! I am more than halfway done i think, and it's already the best Pirate ship i've ever built! It's just so...meaty? The actual hull is thick, and filled with stuff, almost to the point that it makes the Black Pearl and similar ships feel like poor 2D cardboard cutouts or something lol.

Also: DAT captain's cabin!!!

Only regret i already see coming is where the hell am i gonna put this thing after i'm done? :(

It was fun to build but it's really an unwieldy beast of a set. I'll probably sell mine.

Koren

The modular is really nice... Maybe not as impressive outside as some previous ones, but with plently of nice details and microbuilds. I feared that I wouldn't like it, based on the rumors, but it fits me perfectly...

Just a question: what's on the first floor (or second, depending how you count... not ground, just below the piano) in the left building? A shop? Music shop?

If that's the case, I'll have to reconvert it... My greatparents used to have a music shop (both instruments and discs) and I started designing a modular (well, a 32x48 one, 24 tiles deep isn't enough to do it properly) based on the place. I can't have two in the same town ^_^

I'll probably put a radio station in the upper floor... I don't expect Lego do create one soon.

I would be disappointed if it was the last modular :/ Granted, I've several ones in the planning stage, so I'll go on even without them, but I like what they're doing. The only positive thing is that I can design my post office, for example, without fearing that they release one...

Also, the printed cafe corner tile will be perfect for my modular toy shop ;)

yeah the hideous carpet is perfect. i instantly got what you were going for.
I agree... Even if there's not many cinemas here with such strange carpets, it's still a style you see from time to time, and it works really well.

The whole think is nothing short of gorgeous. Great, great works with many details.

I'm surprised at the ticket booth being outside, since there's a lobby, but I guess it depends on the country. And it makes the outside more interesting.

Well, I've been on NeoGAF for ages, but I discovered the Lego forum only last year IIRC, because of a Eurobricks link!

About Wetwired, the Joker is really nice. I currently have a complete "Wetwired collection", I may keep it that way ^_^

willp2003

Well I've finally decided to join the modular bandwagon. Ordered palace cinema and pet shop. Will try and pick the others up next year when Christmas is out of the way.

mrkgoo

Okay, work in progress on my theater MOC.

80x64 studs footprint. The front and back half are separate for easier building/transport between rooms.

The visible studs on the sidewalk and interior are made to attach mini figs to.

To put into perspective how large it is compared to regular modular buildings.

The plan was to print up small LEGO posters for all the frames around the sides. I designed it so I could easily take the frames off and slide paper behind them then put the frames back on. The dark tan bars above were intended for printing up stickers for "Coming Soon" or "Now Showing."
Also, my original working out of the wording for the side:
http://imgur.com/NwmQTCml[/url]
The trick was trying to work it into a wall attachment and not freestanding. Freestanding is for the front of the theater.

[url=http://imgur.com/jYhp7Mt][img]http://i.imgur.com/jYhp7Mtl.jpg[/url]
Seating in each of the two screens. I needed to use all those bases from the CMF line for something, and the steps seemed like the best thing. The railings are taken from the Maersk Train set. The seats are from pillaging the PAB wall a couple of years ago and finally using them.

Overhead of the concession stand. I planned on printing out screens to go on the black tiles overhead to show concession prices.

Behind the counter. Completely out of focus are the cleaning supplies under the counter, like paper towel rolls and spray bottles of disinfectant.

Remove the top of the hot box and see the hot dogs on the rollers and the pretzels on the spinner. Yes, the actually roll and spin.
I didn't take pics of the pop corn maker or the slurpee machine behind the counter, but in other pics you can make them out. Along with napkin and butter dispensers.
There are also coolers with bottled water in front of the registers.

Staircase to the second floor. But, it is easily removable...

...to show the janitor's closest under the stairs.

The mop sink and broom...

...the rack of paper towels, TP, and cleaning supplies in the closet.

Also, this mop bucket fits inside the closet and through careful maneuvering fits in the mop sink to fill it for clean up later.

The back wall of the ticket booth is hinged to get figures in easily. I planned to print up screens for the panels on the back wall. Note the ticket dispenser in the middle of the main area there.

Front ticket window. I planned on printing up a price list for the tile on the front.

Online ticketing available outside. I planned on printing screens or signs for the tiles visible here.

Showing the breakaway of the plates (and the second tier removed) and the restrooms available to the patrons of the theater.

Yes, the toilet is dirty. Yes, they are out of toilet paper...

Yes, the women's room has a tampon/pad dispenser...

I also planned to make some small arcade cabinets and then print up parts for them to put in the main lobby. For instance, here is a Virtua Cop inspired kiosk.

I also designed each of the two auditoriums to hold an iPad Mini so I could actually show movies on them while on display for something.

You are an insane man.

I salute you.

wetwired

GAF gets the grand unveiling before my own facebook page even :)

mime.jpg

Maengun1

Lil heads up, Amazon currently has the Architecture Capitol Building discounted to $72! It was on my must have list but I was waiting for this <3

^ edit: love the Joker fig!

It's as the reference, these side pics may help, he's got a cloth coattail

mime2.jpg

review_mimejoker_1.jpg

I know it, I just think that the pants did not translate to Lego as good as the face and the coat/ part which are amazing.

Still a great custom and very worth of the effort.

Edited: The cloth coattail helps a lot to bring the pants togheter the the rest.

It's as the reference, these side pics may help, he's got a cloth coattail

mime2.jpg

review_mimejoker_1.jpg

It is this from a movie, comic or series I should know about, if I may ask?

Went to Lego World yeaterday (biggest Lego organized event in the world according to Lego). Really fun day, lots to do. All thr themes got some love, even Chima still had a small representation.

Also fun to see the classic 'museum' section, although the Star Wars theme of last year was more impressive.

A lot of great AFOLs there showing their own creations, like one with a Game of Thrones theme.

Only thing they really need to improve is the store. It was 10% off everything from one large Dutch retailer. But since they are already bumping up the MSRP on every sey, it was not much of a saving at all. Some sets they bumped up even higher, like the UCS Tie Fighter.

Did end up with some small things, like the newest Ninjago accessory pack with Samurai X and the Microfighters Ghost (in order to get the Stormtrooper Seargeant polybag).

Really fun event to go to with kids. If you are in the Netherlands, West Germany or Belgium and you have a little one: make the trip, you will not be dissapointed.

ghostmind

TRU Canada Bricktober Week 3:

RYP9giz.jpg

Also, 25% off all Dimensions Fun, Team, Level, and Story packs.

Free Ninjago Jay Fun Pack when you spend $20 or more on Dimensions sets.

Regarding LEGO calendar, anyone know what coupons come with it? Figuring out if worth gettIng.

Gingerman promo will go fast. Wish it was a variant from CMF though.

I just realized that Poison Ivy is only in that big set. Oh well, I guess it will be a decent parts pack. Time to figure something out for those quarter tiles.

willp2003

Is there a November/December calendar for Europe?

I'd really like to know if we get 2xVIP on black friday, 2xVIP again in december, and when we have a chance to get the 40223 snowglobe...

Hope you can read these:
Edit: also can get an A-wing pilot with any Star Wars set over £25 during the whole of December.
79D3333F-41EC-4984-9B6D-956D874735EE_zpsrjhgxiun.jpg

E58CEE54-DE06-4C6D-A297-5E7AF0E6521F_zps2zwuqmqy.jpg

Osahi

I will postpone my yellow submarine untill the snowglobe hits. Will try and get two, as my niece collects regular snowglobes and she'd adore this

The three DC Super Heroes Girls sets that will be available on November 27th:

dOMjJjx.jpg
My little sister will love the Batjet! I wish there was a Lego set with Mary Marvel.

With the Logan trailer released, man, I wish there would be a "Escape from the Reavers!" set with Old!Logan, Xavier, Laura and their car with a few Reavers.

There not being a X-Men line is a shame.

Ponn

Banned
Okay real talk. We are not getting anymore Harry Potter sets are we? Lego Dimensions is it. I know people were holding out hope and/or trying to convince themselves but its just not happening is it? Fantastic Beast just doesn't seem like the type of movie to carry an entire Lego theme on its own and it doesn't make sense for Lego to take up shelf space with new HP sets. Dimensions is the best we are getting. To offer a glimmer of self-delusional hope maybe, jusssssst maybe a D2C UCS type HP set is possible? (hint, i'm trying to talk myself into buying a large aftermarket priced HP set)

LEGO Dimensions 2 for $5 at Five Below 10/19 - 10/21

Only 8 of the less popular ones from earlier waves are available. Pretty darn good price if you want a lot of Benny's.

https://www.fivebelow.com/catalogsearch/result/?q="lego+dimensions"

Source:
http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-dimensions-fun-packs-on-sale-at-5-for-2-five-below/

60097 LEGO City Square on sale for $117.99 on Amazon. That's almost 40% off! That's clearance sale pricing.
Not my thing, but if you're a City person that''s cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WI0GEMS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

LEGO Dimensions 2 for $5 at Five Below 10/19 - 10/21

Only 8 of the less popular ones from earlier waves are available. Pretty darn good price if you want a lot of Benny's.

https://www.fivebelow.com/catalogsearch/result/?q="lego+dimensions"

Source:
http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-dimensions-fun-packs-on-sale-at-5-for-2-five-below/

60097 LEGO City Square on sale for $117.99 on Amazon. That's almost 40% off! That's clearance sale pricing.
Not my thing, but if you're a City person that''s cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WI0GEMS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
City Square is a great price, but can't bite. Not even a great parts pack.

But might hit Five Below in town to stock up. All those wing pieces in the Chima set.

I will postpone my yellow submarine untill the snowglobe hits. Will try and get two, as my niece collects regular snowglobes and she'd adore this
If it lasts until then. Beatlemaniacs will drive sales of that set. Don't be shocked if it goes back order quickly.

willp2003

?

Well, I guess it means no 2xVIP past october 31th for us europeans :/ At least I know when I'll have to look for the snow globe (assuming it's the same for UK and elsewhere in Europe...)

Many thanks...

I was worried about the image quality, after screen grabbing, cropping and uploading all on my phone.Yeah we never get the same VIP deals. Will be interesting to see what the discounted sets are for Black Friday.

If it lasts until then. Beatlemaniacs will drive sales of that set. Don't be shocked if it goes back order quickly.

Yup. I've heard the set mentioned twice by complete non-AFOLs. They might not be buying it at S@H on 00:01 on the 1st, but if you want the set before Christmas, you shouldn't wait.

I will take mt chances on that. There will be other sets too to grab, just in case (still need to get the Mini Cooper for instance)

Yes, you need the Mini Cooper. So good.

Yup. I've heard the set mentioned twice by complete non-AFOLs. They might not be buying it at S@H on 00:01 on the 1st, but if you want the set before Christmas, you shouldn't wait.
I will be ordering mine when it goes live. No taking chances with this one.

willp2003

Given the somewhat complicated premise for the calendar, I wonder how the online store will handle it, if it does at all.

I read the small print and it made no mention of buying anything online. The receipt you get online could just be printed out over and over again and it would be open to abuse.

mclem

I read the small print and it made no mention of buying anything online. The receipt you get online could just be printed out over and over again and it would be open to abuse.

I was assuming some form of online redemption system, if at all possible, but maybe it'd have to accompany an order unless you pay postage? I'm not sure.

It may simply not be available online full stop, of course.

Just_one

So if I get the lighthouse and a keychain on Black Friday I get the snowglobe and the Black Friday discount right? Got about 35€ to discount so thats a good thing

Just wondering how the shipping cost is calculated, after all the discounts(in this case Black Friday and vip points) or before that...any one knows?

Koren

Just wondering how the shipping cost is calculated, after all the discounts(in this case Black Friday and vip points) or before that...any one knows?
To know whether you qualify for free shipping? I'm pretty sure it's after the discounts / VIP points.

I was worried about the image quality, after screen grabbing, cropping and uploading all on my phone.
No, that was perfect. Many thanks for taking time to posting it...

wetwired

I managed to snag a Christo Black Spiderman Minifig on Facebook, only $25 (they seem to go for nearly double that on Ebay)

Quite happy with him, unlike some customizers it's Pad printed.

IMG_20161021_213408.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom