• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought adventure time was approved on ideas before it went to dimensions?
I'm not sure which was announced first but the behind the scenes licensing stuff, designs, creating the new moulds, and programming their level/hub/battle arena plus recording the voices also had to happen so I'm pretty sure they've had the rights for a while longer than we've known about.

Actually just googled it, the ideas set was approved in March of 2016 and the Dimensions sets were revealed in June 2016. So given the amount of work needed to make everything associated with the Dimensions sets, I'm gonna say they had the license way before the Ideas set. It wouldn't surprise me if the only reason they finally accepted an Adventure Time Ideas set (there had been several before, even with 10,000 votes) was because they already had the rights for Dimensions.

My own fantasy is that Lego saw the demand for Adventure Time, didn't want to half-ass it with the no new moulds in Ideas sets rule, and since they're apparently using Dimensions to gauge theme popularity went that way with it and while they were securing rights the brick-built Ideas set happened to gain 10,000 votes so they approved it for good measure because at that point, why not?

Osahi

qBw5bKJ.jpg

Looks like a cheapish way to finaly get a Yoda figure, though I am not to enthousiastic about the ship. Would have prefered the shutle from ROTS.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Then its a buy :D

Can it be that Lego Star Wars became way more expensive since last year? I want every Jangbricks video and the sets seem so cheap

Ponn

Banned
If you can look past the inaccuracies compared to the movie prop (the color and the inability for the wings to fold out), hell yes. It's a good ship, that looks great on display thanks to it's imposing size. I remember the build being fine too.

Yea its definitely the wings not being right thats always kept me from picking it up. With two more movies in the back of my mind i'm thinking because of the backlash they got for how they messed up this set they will try it again later and get it right.

Kylo Rens Shuttle is getting cheap lately. Was it ever worth a pickup or lost cause?

If you can look past the inaccuracies compared to the movie prop (the color and the inability for the wings to fold out), hell yes. It's a good ship, that looks great on display thanks to it's imposing size. I remember the build being fine too.

I think it's a terrific display piece. Worth it, in my books.

ghostmind

Thanks Ghostmind. The tradition of great droid / bad humanoid Constraction figures continues! The weapon on the second character looks interesting though.

BTW-Are we good with posting leaks like this now?

It's a retail set, and not a prelim, so I have no issues with posting it.

Tendo

I just recently got the white house, capitol, and lincoln memorial. This may be blasphemy but is there anywhere to get bootleg political minifgures?

Pretty sure I'm gonna need that Pizza Truck. Argh I still need to get the Camper, I hope it doesn't get retired before I have a chance to pick it up.

And Wall-E is on the chopping block too.

Man being unemployed for half this year sucked so hard ;___;

I just recently got the white house, capitol, and lincoln memorial. This may be blasphemy but is there anywhere to get bootleg political minifgures?

I don't believe political figures are trademarked or copywrited (except for maybe Mr Trump).
I don't recall if minifigure still has patent protection. I don't recall if LEGO has won the trademark legal battles over minfigs. I seem to remember LEGO losing that battle in some countries.

Anyway, not going to find many political minifigs. Abraham Lincoln is an official LEGO minfig you can find on Bricklink.com.

There are a few customizers that have made Obama, Trump, and Hillary Clinton minifigs.
http://www.eclipsebricks.com/eclipsegrafx-minifigs/

https://minifigs.me/shop/trump-clinton-custom-minifigure-set/

First does pad printing like LEGO. Second does some other type of printing.

Hagi

So ive been making my way through season 2 of Rebels and realised I really want the Ghost so what's my best option seeing as it's retired? I've read a lot of people talk about Bricklink so I had a quick look and it seems a lot of people have it sealed for around £100 and up which seems fair. I have zero experience with the site though so there is a little wariness there.

Ponn

Banned
So ive been making my way through season 2 of Rebels and realised I really want the Ghost so what's my best option seeing as it's retired? I've read a lot of people talk about Bricklink so I had a quick look and it seems a lot of people have it sealed for around £100 and up which seems fair. I have zero experience with the site though so there is a little wariness there.

Yea any option is fine. It hasn't risen in price very much. Now the Phantom on the other hand, not too bad because it was a cheaper set anyways but you will probably end up paying a littler over MSRP for it.

I have never had a bad experience-just find a store close by (to reduce shipping costs) and with plenty of feedback.

Ponn mentioned the Phantom-if you do end up getting the Ghost you really do need the Phantom to dock with it. The Ghost looks incomplete without it imo.

Gonna get that plane and pizza truck

gotta say the smaller city sets are really great and usually have a good price per piece ratio. Wish the rest of the line was like that.

I'm a sucker for trucks, that Pizza Truck will be mine.

Also, I'm idly entertaining the idea of buying the cargo plane to go along with my cargo truck, is this a good set:

395949790.lego-avion-de-marfa-pe-aeroport-60101.jpg

The nose looks like it's built out of one specialized huge piece like a Juniors set or something, I can't be sure..

Yea any option is fine. It hasn't risen in price very much. Now the Phantom on the other hand, not too bad because it was a cheaper set anyways but you will probably end up paying a littler over MSRP for it.
Phantom are listed for about $40-50 on eBay. I didn't realize there is a demand for it.

I would strongly suggest that you watch or read a few reviews of the set before paying up for it. It's the set that made me come out of my dark ages because thematically it's such a cool signature ship; but the set is really not good, I ended up not buying it myself.

Episode 2 of the ongoing adventures of Minifig Hulk (and friends) in the land of faeries and magic:

5NwCKgv.jpg

After building the Water Dragon first and it being a pleasant surprise, this Fire Dragon is no exception. It is bigger all around, more wing span as well and i especially like how it has 2 seats :) Kind of on a dragon building spree right now! Next up: Smaug...

Episode 2 of the ongoing adventures of Minifig Hulk (and friends) in the land of faeries and magic:

After building the Water Dragon first and it being a pleasant surprise, this Fire Dragon is no exception. It is bigger all around, more wing span as well and i especially like how it has 2 seats :) Kind of on a dragon building spree right now! Next up: Smaug...

Great shot, as always.

I need to grab some of these dragons for my youngest. She loves sets like the Ninjago mech-dragon thing and the King's Mech. She'd go nuts for the younger-skewed dragons.

BTW-Are we good with posting leaks like this now?

Why not? Leaks are the best.

100 pounds is fine, get it (if you can afford it). Basically Dutch retail price. The Phantom is a nice addition probably, but the Ghost stands on its own. (Have the Phantom as well, but did not built that yet). It is a great looking ship, comes with amazing looking minifigures and is a lot of fun to 'play' with.

I would strongly suggest that you watch or read a few reviews of the set before paying up for it. It's the set that made me come out of my dark ages because thematically it's such a cool signature ship; but the set is really not good, I ended up not buying it myself.

You missed out.

Built the Tie Advanced Prototype yesterday. What a great use of techniques. The built is amazing, but it is a smaller set than I pictured it to be. It is normally 55 euro over here, glad I only paid about 33 euro. Also has some stickers which were totally not needed. Would never have bought it without LegoGaf, so thanks!

I would be interested in those dragons but the combo of the specialized head piece and specialized wing pieces turns me off. Just a little too much when considering those are its primary features. I wish those parts were brick built more.

I would be interested in those dragons but the combo of the specialized head piece and specialized wing pieces turns me off. Just a little too much when considering those are its primary features. I wish those parts were brick built more.

I hear you, i actually feel kinda the same BUT...i found them on clearance, and i always liked the look of them... plus, the whole body is brick built so there's that.

May i suggest the Ninjago Dragons if you're into entirely brick built?

Also: Speaking of non brickbuilt Dragons that still look pretty awesome imo:

BNf4H5O.jpg

Oddly enough, i feel he is kind of to scale with Orthanc, no?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My girlfriend's been eyeing up the dragons all day, super wants all the Elves sets to collect all the eggs.

Also wants to turn the christmas train into a dragon themed train after christmas, I was going to turn it into a Star Wars train :(

Ponn

Banned
You are looking for Ninjago dragons my friend

Elves dragons > Ninjago dragons anyday. Fight me. Oh, and if you like the fire and water dragons, you're going to LOVE the Queen Dragon. The other two can be skipped as they are kind of similar to those you already have.

Oh, and this arrived:

lego_yellow_submarine_02.jpg

Such an awesome set. Pretty easy to build, not much repetition, and tons of new parts. There is one of the 2x3 tiles, plenty of corner 1x1 tiles, the new macaroni tubes, and a bunch of curved slopes in different yellows.

Also, most of the interior is covered by printed pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331976254756?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

meant to say mini, it was a poly bag giveaway

i also forgot about cole's tiny dragon

then in Creator, there was the Red Creatures
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Red-Creatures-31032

Oh the Mini Dragon yeah, i got that one the other day, easy way to get Skybound Kai plus the Dragon is really cute for that scale and piececount :)

Red Creatures i am not really a fan of, not sure why... probably because the final result looks a tad too "basic" if that makes any sense, plus i now have Smaug, King of Dragons, which already covers the classic medieval style Red Dragon ;)

@Siegfried: too late mate, i already went all in on them, i really wanted the green Earth one, so i got the purple one (what element is that anyway?) to finish the line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom