• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

Box art for the LBM sets

SdO8L13.png

Dammit. FedEx was supposed to deliver Beatles set today, but instead it went to USPS for delivery tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we actually got in a bunch of the sets at work and I have been eyeing it all week and kicking myself for paying full price for it.

Kyari

Aw man the piece count on those Lego Batman Movie sets is way higher than I figured, that's gonna be a little more pricey than I thought.

What... are the bad guys in Nexo Knights now? They look the same but instead of red lava it's purple... electricity? I thought someone said the show was introducing mushroom baddies? Weird and kinda disappointing.

I will say the "rock genie" leg piece looks sick as hell though.

I'm not a big fan of the Nexo theme but TLG is killing it with the fig accoutrements. The hair pieces & other attachments are amazing.

Really looking forward to seeing those Batman sets in person. While I'm not crazy about the Joker's design (the teeth really put me off) that low rider just begs for a little Retchy P fig sippin' lean on the run from the five o.

Friends is going all in with the pet-based mini builds. Nice to see more male dolls getting included in the larger sets. I swear that the only menswear Heartlake City sells is freaky little short pants.

New slide parts and steps! It looks like you might be able to combine the straight and curved slides to make some mega slides. That is very cool!

xueskue.jpg

546b409a11937_-_dumbanddumbervan-lg.jpg

Set of 2017 right there!
Not serious
That is so cool, and a good compliment to the hot dog truck.

Yeah, that car caught my attention. It's a fun and cool design, but not enough for me to buy it even on sale. Probably because it's such a simple build, most people can make something like it themselves.

What... are the bad guys in Nexo Knights now? They look the same but instead of red lava it's purple... electricity? I thought someone said the show was introducing mushroom baddies? Weird and kinda disappointing.

I will say the "rock genie" leg piece looks sick as hell though.

Seems like rock/earth. First was fire/lava.

I'm not a big fan of the Nexo theme but TLG is killing it with the fig accoutrements. The hair pieces & other attachments are amazing.

Really looking forward to seeing those Batman sets in person. While I'm not crazy about the Joker's design (the teeth really put me off) that low rider just begs for a little Retchy P fig sippin' lean on the run from the five o.

Friends is going all in with the pet-based mini builds. Nice to see more male dolls getting included in the larger sets. I swear that the only menswear Heartlake City sells is freaky little short pants.

Attraction to Nexo Knights for me has been the minifigs and the new moulds.

Ooooh, I didn't realize those battlesuits actually fit the whole figure in the torso -- gonna definitely pick those up now.

I have mixed feelings about those battlesuits. They look great, but the torsos like highly specialized moulds. Anyway, I'll wait to see what those parts actually look like before I decide if I get them or not. They'll probably be $10+.

I'll probably want a bunch of those specialized light grey piece that holds 3 Nexo shield thingies. I hope they go for cheap on Bricklink.

2017 Technic sets have been revealed.

High for me is the Ocean Explorer which is simply adorable.

42064-1.jpg

Some of the medium sized sets are also pretty good looking, such as the Roadwork Crew and Container Yard. The Ultralight Helicopter does nothing for me after this year's fantastic model.. I don't know what they were thinking with the terribad RC Tracked Car. The pullback racers are also starting to get more and more forced and contrived, I think it's probably time to retire that idea.

EDIT: The more I look at that Ocean Explorer the more I am in love with it. It might be the best studless Technic set they have ever made.. I LOVE it.

nny

LEGO are really trying to get rid of parrot polybags...got two more packages from them...each box had one as a gift! ;P

LEGO are really trying to get rid of parrot polybags...got two more packages from them...each box had one as a gift! ;P

Apparently at the Leicester Square opening there's going to be a free scratchcard for purchases over £55, with some people winning the exclusive minifig and some people winning... parrots.

nny

Apparently at the Leicester Square opening there's going to be a free scratchcard for purchases over £55, with some people winning the exclusive minifig and some people winning... parrots.

Yep; and now that you mention that, in one of the packages, besides the free parrot, there were some stickers celebrating the opening of the store...they're really hyping it up, hm?

Nexo Knights = Mixels + Constraction

... it's like it's pulling from two corpses :(

Those crotch joints on the Nexo sets are great though; opens alot of doors for mech stuff.

TheFuzz

Ok LegoGaf... im gonna grab another Star Wars set off eBay sincerely there is a $15 off 60 coupon for tonight.

Any suggestions for what to grab? I've only grabbed Krennics shuttle and the AT-ST. Looking to spend around $50 after coupon.

So far im considering the Resistance Troop Transport, FO troop transport, and resistance x-wing (haven't built an x-wing yet).

Any recommendations? Would really like a fun build with good parts and a nice display piece.

Ok LegoGaf... im gonna grab another Star Wars set off eBay sincerely there is a $15 off 60 coupon for tonight.

Any suggestions for what to grab? I've only grabbed Krennics shuttle and the AT-ST. Looking to spend around $50 after coupon.

So far im considering the Resistance Troop Transport, FO troop transport, and resistance x-wing (haven't built an x-wing yet).

Any recommendations? Would really like a fun build with good parts and a nice display piece.
Resistance Troop Transport for the build. Sex-Wing for the display.

But seriously, Resistance Troop Transport is aces in the build department, even if the end result is a bit ugly. One of the best builds this year for me.

Yes!!!! the Red Dwarf ideas project surpassed 10,000 votes!

I do doubt it'll pass not because of licensing, but because of its western fan base being so small. I hope I'm wrong though

FO transport is terribad all around. Xwing is ok but the grey color just looks bad imo so get poes xwing if possible. Transport is an awesome set to build and display when opened up.

I do doubt it'll pass not because of licensing, but because of its western fan base being so small. I hope I'm wrong though

Probably not, but who knows. Part of the mission of LEGO Ideas was to pull in people that don't buy LEGO. Of the first 3 comments on LEGO S@H for the Yellow Submarine, 1 of them stated they only got the set because he was a huge Beatles fan, but he really liked building the set. LEGO should think about lesser known IPs, but very popular in certain regions of the world. Also, even not knowing the show, the AT-ST thingy could attract some younger kids. It's a big play feature. :)

Never watched the show, but it's on my long list of shows to check out someday.

Seems like Wetwired's Autumn Park is showing up on the "Popular This Week" listing between the two Flinstones projects. That should be good for driving viewers to check it out.

Thanks! I bought in. If I really like any of them I'll probably buy the physical version.

EDIT: Here's the review of the first time LEGO buyer I mentioned above.

https://lego.ugc.bazaarvoice.com/profiles/1360redes3/2454686751/profile.htm
BEST SET EVER
So this is my first ever lego set and as a huge Beatles fan i needed it! Was fun to make and the detailing is amazing! The base i found a little confusing! But i enjoyed it so much i may have become a hardcore lego fan!

The fan-base is small but quite nerdy, I imagine a higher percentage of them would buy LEGO than, say, Beatles fans.

It might work out

willp2003

The trouble with the red dwarf set is that blue midget (as far as I can remember) wasn't featured a lot. If it had been Starbug or a small red dwarf then it would have much more appeal. Starbug would be hard to make given the spherical design though.

FO transport is terribad all around. Xwing is ok but the grey color just looks bad imo so get poes xwing if possible. Transport is an awesome set to build and display when opened up.

First Order Transport is actually a great set in my opinion, with a lot of nice techniques and play features. It was priced too high for what it is unfortunately, but it is a great addition. It is also very different from a lot of other Star Wars sets, which makes it a great additional set.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That LEGO Humble Bundle is very tempting. Have one of the books already (LEGO Adventures), but there's a bunch in that list which I'm very interested in.

nny

Finished the Beetle today: great build experience (it's lovely to see how some slopes connect) and beautiful display piece.

Next up: 31039 Blue Power Jet - really looking forward to this one!

Can any of you comment on any of the bundle tiers? The $1 tier is a purchase for sure, the second tier looks fairly nice for Lego Space alone, but the final tier looks very uninteresting aside from Architecture which I'd love to get for friends.. Uh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom