• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dTWlf52.jpg

Using for our Christmas cards.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
After Rogue One, my wife decided she wanted to rewatch 1-7. So I am spending the day assembling my 75105 Millenium Falcon finally!

Finished the Resistance Troop Transport, it really is spectacular. A bit smaller than I was expecting, but better in person than in photos. Get it if you haven't yet.

TheFuzz

Finally finished the Resistance Troop Transport.

It's my #4 for the year now, pushing the At-St to #5.

Such a meaty, dense build. Surprisingly swooshable. The engine detailing on the back and the cockpit are sooooo good.

This thing looks great, and its only $80 for 1100 pieces. Might be my first ninjago set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnKme7KW50

Yes! Ninjago love. You need 2x that set so you can make an all blue and an all red dragon. My OCD for symmetry kicks in with that dragon.

I really like a lot of the oriental influenced buildings in Ninjago.
Is that a new teapot mould? Nope, it's from 41067-1: Belle's Enchanted Castle, but it was new for that set. Lots of dual mould elements.

I'm trying to ween off Ninjago sets and just get a few of the good ones (like that one). Staying focused on Super Hero theme which is ever expanding.

Such a meaty, dense build. Surprisingly swooshable. The engine detailing on the back and the cockpit are sooooo good.

Strong consensus on the build being fun for it's techniques. I will disagree on the highly subjective swooshable factor. I cannot swoosh that ship. :p

Gonna agree with almost zero swoosh factor for Resistance Troop Transport. That set is all about the build and techniques. And oh, did it deliver hard on those.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I got any SWOOSH! sets this year. That might be a first. The Quinjet 3.0 in Superhero Airport Battle was the closest for me.

wetwired

Collectors dilemma here, my Batman minfiig collection has well outgrown my small ikea frame and I plan to upgrade to a big one like my Star Wars OT frame. A frame entirely of Batman minifigures, Official ones, custom ones (either my own or purchased) and a couple of KOs. My question is, should I include Batgirl and her variants. Currently I have the following non-Bruce Wayne Batman characters to go in it. Batmite, Batzarro, Earth 2, Captain Leatherwing (Pirate Batman - uncertain if he's technically Bruce Wayne) and Batman (Thomas Wayne)

So, Batgirl? yay or nay? I currently have 52 minifgures if I include upcoming LEGO Batman movie ones.

mclem

I like the Parisian Restaurant next to the Detectives office personally, because they're both a bit shorter then on the adjoining sides.

I was actually thinking that Wetwired's park would work great to bridge the two, something with quite a shallow profile would result in a fairly natural transition.

Collectors dilemma here, my Batman minfiig collection has well outgrown my small ikea frame and I plan to upgrade to a big one like my Star Wars OT frame. A frame entirely of Batman minifigures, Official ones, custom ones (either my own or purchased) and a couple of KOs. My question is, should I include Batgirl and her variants. Currently I have the following non-Bruce Wayne Batman characters to go in it. Batmite, Batzarro, Earth 2, Captain Leatherwing (Pirate Batman - uncertain if he's technically Bruce Wayne) and Batman (Thomas Wayne)

So, Batgirl? yay or nay? I currently have 52 minifgures if I include upcoming LEGO Batman movie ones.

I'd say leave her out. I could understand putting her in if she was like an alt-universe version of Batman, but she's an entirely different person. All the others you listed are variants of the actual Batman himself.

I hope that makes sense, I'm just about to go to bed and it's a fine line so I'm not sure if my reasoning is sound

Osahi

Ordered 4 microfighters with double VIP and the A-wing pilot. U-wing, Krennick Shuttle and Tie Striker + TFA Snowspeeder. Last one wasn't labeled microfighter so it didn't come up earlier when I searched looking for something to fill my order to get free shipping and enough for the free figure, so I thought it was oop. Now I accidently stumbled upon it.

wetwired

I've caved and bought more KOs... I plan to use them them to fill out my big Ikea frame full of batman and hopefully overtime slowly replace all the KOs with official batmen as LEGO do more...

ZDKLsaU.jpg

iMHgApZ.jpg

OF4E3p7.jpg

Dp19PHK.jpg

KWmFXEs.jpg

myQclPW.jpg

DpX2KVA.jpg

6VxaYYN.jpg

8uQbNaa.jpg

hGq59YZ.jpg

In better news I ordered the Tartan batman from bricklink and a replacement desert batman that I can't seem to find

Nudull

Banned
You know, I recently realized that we never really got anything for the Suicide Squad film, despite previously getting DCEU sets for Man of Steel and BvS. Likely because of the name and all (considering that LEGO Batman 3 never explcity used the name despite Task Force X appearing, AFAIK).

DonShula

You know, I recently realized that we never really got anything for the Suicide Squad film, despite previously getting DCEU sets for Man of Steel and BvS. Likely because of the name and all (considering that LEGO Batman 3 never explcity used the name despite Task Force X appearing, AFAIK).

I guess "suicide" is a bridge too far for Lego. I don't blame them as their other DC sets seem to be doing well enough, and the lineup would be very crowded with Suicide Squad in addition to the Lego Batman Movie, the girl-themed sets, and the regular DC sets.

Correct - LEGO Batman 3 just referred to it as "the Squad".

Ponn

Banned

They shy from extreme stuff like We will never get Punisher. We kinda got one unofficial set though with the cheap Gotham Cycle set that had Harley and Deadshot. It's another excellent $20 set to that everyone should get. The cycle builds are actually pretty cool and the figs are great.

Where did you put Robin? I think the mantle and title of Batman should be the rule of thumb. The grey area would be alternate earths where there was no Batman and only Batwoman/Batgirl. This could be construed as sexist, but Batman to me is a male. Also, there are many Batgirl/Batwoman variants.

Ponn

Banned
It often surprises me what TT (assuming it's them) can talk Lego into.

I wonder how much input TLG really had into those games. I'm sure they work closely with TT on the Dimensions sets and games of course but for the standalone games was it more than an advisory role? I figured they would be working more with DC and Marvel.

mclem

I wonder how much input TLG really had into those games. I'm sure they work closely with TT on the Dimensions sets and games of course but for the standalone games was it more than an advisory role? I figured they would be working more with DC and Marvel.
I'd be surprised if they didn't have a right of veto. Besides, it's not just Punisher in there, he has a quest chain that's very appropriate for the character, but still Lego-friendly ('I don't like cars that aren't environmentally friendly. So blow them up.'). I assume there must have been some dialogue between the three entities to arrive at a happy medium.

I tried Battlefront, including the VR mission. Well, I already have the X-Wing so that's taken care of, but now I want an Y-Wing, a Snow Speeder and possibly an AT-AT too. And a B-Wing. Oh, and the VR mission features the U-Wing as well.

Luckily (?) I will be going to that good old super Lego shop that has tons of old stuff, so who knows what I will come across...

Osahi

I tried Battlefront, including the VR mission. Well, I already have the X-Wing so that's taken care of, but now I want an Y-Wing, a Snow Speeder and possibly an AT-AT too. And a B-Wing. Oh, and the VR mission features the U-Wing as well.

Luckily (?) I will be going to that good old super Lego shop that has tons of old stuff, so who knows what I will come across...

New Y-Wing is great. U-Wing too. What are you waiting for?

The part I still remember months later was the 'aha' moment when I realized the wheel helped open the cockpit.

leng jai

You really think Lego would touch a movie called "Suicide Squad"?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Rogue One was fantastic. I now need all the sets I previously didnt want/need until RIGHT NOW.

Any news or rumours on a second wave?

makes sense. I didn't know Batmite was actually batman.

I barely know the character myself but I don't think he's actually Batman per sey (is he?) but he's... I don't know how to explain it! Hahahaha

I actually always thought Batmite was some kind of spoof character to be honest. I just looked him up right now and it turns out he's more akin to Batgirl than he is to say, Batzarro, so I don't even know if he should be in the frame himself after all?

Like Batman, Batman Beyond, Pirate Batman, Batzarro, those are all "versions" of the character Batman, right? Batgirl isn't a "version" of him, she's inspired by him sure but she's not the same as like Earth 2 Batman.

If there was an Earth 487 where their version of Batman was Batgirl, then I'd say put her in the frame too, I guess is what I'm getting at. Does that make sense or am I still talking gibberish?

oh, AT-ST. Forgot about that....

i think they expire first of the year unfortunately.

I still need the AT-ST. And today it looked like we were getting all the LEGO Batman stuff to go out on the 1st. Think I might be splurging on that and waiting on Assembly Square for double VIP.

And hopefully can snag another full box of CMF this time like I did with Disney.

Boogiepop

I barely know the character myself but I don't think he's actually Batman per sey (is he?) but he's... I don't know how to explain it! Hahahaha

I actually always thought Batmite was some kind of spoof character to be honest. I just looked him up right now and it turns out he's more akin to Batgirl than he is to say, Batzarro, so I don't even know if he should be in the frame himself after all?

Like Batman, Batman Beyond, Pirate Batman, Batzarro, those are all "versions" of the character Batman, right? Batgirl isn't a "version" of him, she's inspired by him sure but she's not the same as like Earth 2 Batman.

If there was an Earth 487 where their version of Batman was Batgirl, then I'd say put her in the frame too, I guess is what I'm getting at. Does that make sense or am I still talking gibberish?

Batman Beyond is a different character, but a successor to the cowl. So he is Batman, but he isn't at all Bruce Wayne
except for the thing with that kind of eh twist from that episode in Justice League about his "origin"
. Similar to when Dick was Batman. That said, Batmite's a fan from another dimension (IIRC he's the same sort of thing as Mr. Mxyzptlk), so yeah, he's pretty detached from actually being Batman, but he's in the "family" and I guess he'd fit well enough in the same display by nature of the design.

But yeah, I guess that's a tough thing to say as to where you draw the line for what to put in a "Batman" display...

Batman Beyond is a different character, but a successor to the cowl. So he is Batman, but he isn't at all Bruce Wayne
except for the thing with that kind of eh twist from that episode in Justice League about his "origin"
. Similar to when Dick was Batman. That said, Batmite's a fan from another dimension (IIRC he's the same sort of thing as Mr. Mxyzptlk), so yeah, he's pretty detached from actually being Batman, but he's in the "family" and I guess he'd fit well enough in the same display by nature of the design.

But yeah, I guess that's a tough thing to say as to where you draw the line for what to put in a "Batman" display...

That's very true about Batman Beyond.

I guess an easier way to say it might be, Terry, Bruce, Batzarro, etc are all their time/world's "Batman" while the likes of Batgirl and Batmite are side-characters?

I get that it's kind of squiggy since Bruce and Terry co-exist during Batman Beyond, but they both wear the suit and for all intents and purposes, Terry is [whatever year BB takes place in]'s Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom