• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

UCS Imperial Shuttle almost doesn't look like LEGO when on display. It is just so massive, smooth, and gorgeous.
Don't make things harder... I'm sure we all wish we came out of dark ages a bit earlier for a set, this is the one for me (well, GG too, but I bricklinked it quite easily)

UCS B-Wing also doesn't look like LEGO. I found it ok to display because you can angle it although the bottom cannon falls off occasionally.

Update to this story: the buyer fell through and seller contacted me taking my first offer (not the double offer). I finally snagged 6090.
Nice. Ya, I think I'd be like the seller too--whoever emailed first would get it even if I hadn't responded and the second person offered more. I'd feel like I was cheating if I took another offer.

YO! That is awesome, and looks to be a relatively low piece count to boot. Maybe $60 set or so. I just want a 4 armed variant.

2702292-o_1avkgg26s1jlo17f7clcjm41suk8-full.jpg

zou

I'm visiting family, and we went shopping in Hamburg the other day. They had a 25% off sale, which surprisingly didn't exclude Lego and stacked on top of other discounts. Couldn't say no to the Palace Cinema Modular for about $92, even though it's the ugliest, shittiest and most boring modular out there. Also got the Ferris Wheel for $135, the TIE Fighter for $145 and Wall-E for $32. And the Lego Shop still had a copy of the Fairground Mixer and they were still running the double points promo. So super successful trip :D

TheFuzz

I didn't get near as far as this as I wanted, but I still like it as a display piece. Next year the train will be with it, but this will have to do for now.

A pretty quick MOC, but here is my Winter Train Station MOC.

iwUhSFd.jpg

S0wLOaC.jpg

R8ipV4q.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, guys and gals!

You guys have any specific recommendations on unofficial base plates? I'm thinking of using one to display my minifig collection and a few dioramas, but the official ones from LEGO are so expensive!

I didn't get near as far as this as I wanted, but I still like it as a display piece. Next year the train will be with it, but this will have to do for now.

This is wonderful! I like the chimney. Are the snowdrops on the steps a new element?

So a friend surprised me with a new PS4 Dimensions starter kit tonight. I'd already bought five or six of the sets just to get the figs but I suppose now we can put the disc pieces to good use.

So I built the Clayface set and Arctic Roller. Good lord this LEGO Batman Movie wave hasn't had a single bad set so far. Clayface is just such an awesome, unique build that even a friend of mine mentioned how cool it was on the shelf. Arctic Roller has such a classy look, and for me it felt like a very different vehicle build. The minifigs for it sucked thiugh.

Scuttler build tomorrow night more than likely. Hitting TRU and Target super early tomorrow morning to check for some other LEGO Batman sets as well.

So I built the Clayface set and Arctic Roller. Good lord this LEGO Batman Movie wave hasn't had a single bad set so far. Clayface is just such an awesome, unique build that even a friend of mine mentioned how cool it was on the shelf. Arctic Roller has such a classy look, and for me it felt like a very different vehicle build. The minifigs for it sucked thiugh.

Scuttler build tomorrow night more than likely. Hitting TRU and Target super early tomorrow morning to check for some other LEGO Batman sets as well.

Ugh. The wait for being allowed to buy them at work at discount becomes more unbearable. Clayface set looks amazing, and I have high hopes for that. Same with Scuttler.

TheFuzz

This is wonderful! I like the chimney. Are the snowdrops on the steps a new element?

So a friend surprised me with a new PS4 Dimensions starter kit tonight. I'd already bought five or six of the sets just to get the figs but I suppose now we can put the disc pieces to good use.

Thanks! They're a newer element, I got quite a few of them in the santas workshop set. I believe they're also in a lot of the newer mixers as well.

golem

You guys have any specific recommendations on unofficial base plates? I'm thinking of using one to display my minifig collection and a few dioramas, but the official ones from LEGO are so expensive!

I am also pondering an order off amazon for these. Been studying the reviews, some seem decent

Koren

A 4 armed variant with folding lower arms would be even better.
I'm not sure I understand... Aren't the lower arms already foldable?
2702309-o_1avkgla9jqjs1mlu18frs5ehiij-full.jpg

That's really nice... I was thinking about doing something like this to go with the train, too.

Give me a UCS A-Wing please.
Would really like this too. But I'm beginning to think we'll never see one :/

Well, it's not as smooth as the Shuttle but my first impression when seeing it on display at the LEGO store was how Kenner toy-like it looked.
Well, I guess it's hard to discuss feelings...

I'm not sure I understand... Aren't the lower arms already foldable?
2702309-o_1avkgla9jqjs1mlu18frs5ehiij-full.jpg

Stitch has 4 arms and 2 legs. In the movie, he can fold his second par of arms and hide them in his fur at the side of the body, to look like a dog.

This model has only one set of arms, like he shows in most of the movie. The cool thing would be the model to have two sets, and the second one could be folded at the sides of the body, hiding them inside the body, only showing tha blue piece like it is in the model. Not sure if I explained it right.

Nitemare1

ive got five days off and the family is doing very low key christmas this year. (no kids in the family) so let the sorting / building / swooshability testing begin!!!!!!!

My father went above the call of duty and got my little sister 41130(the amusement park). She also opened the final two Star Wars panels and really liked
White Wookie/Chewbacca
who she called
Snowbacca.
From her I got a card that read "You and I are going to watch LEGO Batman together when it comes out here in Sweden a week or two after my birthday!".

We're going to the LEGO Store later this week.

Edit: You know, I'm surprised a few Justice League Action sets weren't announced.

It was an interesting morning.

Went to the Target across town from me at opening after having success getting the Arctic Roller yesterday, hoping for the Batman CMF. Well I find this in the aisle.

120 minifigs in the display, so two boxes. Shit. Not what I was hoping for. Asked them to check in the back, they only had older CMF boxes. So I head back across town to the other Target, and find this in the aisle.

I was concerned since I was not there at opening, but there were a full 60 in the box. So I bought the whole thing. After sorting, we had success!

One set for me, one set for Zulithe, and one set for a friend who asked late if he could have the extra set. So split three ways I can't complain, this worked out really well. Sorry for asking about it in here yesterday and not having a set to offer, the guy asked this morning after he saw it and I couldn't say no. Time to build them!

TheFuzz

tV64QZp.jpg

No luck at Target with the CMFs, but I picked up two of my most wanted Jan 2017 sets. 20% off all CITY, so the food truck was only 15.99!

The croc set and the scuttler are both there as well.

Happy Holidays LEGOGAF!!!

I don't have any new xmas photos so I'll recycle this one from last year.
23619141533_ba019be6c4.jpg

Finally read the New Elementary articles on Assembly Square. O M G !!!
I need bulk amounts of those new elements especially the tiles.

Part 1
Part 2

ghostmind

ZZ6Exwe.jpg

From the surface of the 75159 Death Star, there arose such a clatter,
That Grand Moff Tarkin arose to see what was the matter,
"What Is on the scanner?", he asked Moff Jerjerrod,
The Imperial officer described something quite odd,
For on top of the battle station, which was fully armed and operational,
Sat Lord Vader's 75055 Star Destroyer, which four 75054 AT-AT's did pull.
From his breathing apparatus the Dark Lord did exclaim,
"75098 Assault on Hoth was incredibly lame!"

Merry Christmas LEGO-GAF!

ZZ6Exwe.jpg

From the surface of the 75159 Death Star, there arose such a clatter,
That Grand Moff Tarkin arose to see what was the matter,
"What Is on the scanner?", he asked Moff Jerjerrod,
The Imperial officer described something quite odd,
For on top of the battle station, which was fully armed and operational,
Sat Lord Vader's 75055 Star Destroyer, which four 75054 AT-AT's did pull.
From his breathing apparatus the Dark Lord did exclaim,
"75098 Assault on Hoth was incredibly lame!"

Coincidence that I got these pajama shorts for christmas from my wife?

Happy Holidays LEGOGAF!!!

I don't have any new xmas photos so I'll recycle this one from last year.

Still great!

Agreed, Merry Christmas Best-GAF!

After two nights of hosting 30+ people the house is clean, quiet and dimly lit by the tree. The kids are fast asleep in their beds...Run The Jewels just surprised us with an early drop, and there's a U Wing begging to be built. It's a Christmas miracle.

Congrats Wetwired, your Autumn Park is in a brickset article, "Fresh Ideas". Hopefully, it will get more exposure.

----

Oooh, this Iron Giant project looks good. I question if those joints could be made strong enough and posable in a real set though.

----

LEGO DC Super Hero Girls Summer 2017 Set Descriptions

Flash in minidoll form? Mad Harriet? Are the Female Furies bad guys in the cartoon? I would love to have DC Super Hero theme have a wave based on Apokolips and their characters. Parademon army builder packs please!

papluh

According to the Promobricks, who got hold of the german LEGO Store flyer for Jan/Feb, the "30607 - LEGO® Batman Movie Disco Batman & Tears of Batman " will be a Store giveaway. In Germany, Feb 6-26, purchases from 55 Euro. I guess US and other markets will got it sooner or later (honestly US is Superheroes primary market, I'd doubt they would leave out anything Batman there)
lego-batmanmovie-30607_6.jpg

http://www.promobricks.de/lego-store-lego-batman-movie-disco-batman-polybag-gratis/23868 (German)

Ponn

Banned
According to the Promobricks, who got hold of the german LEGO Store flyer for Jan/Feb, the "30607 - LEGO® Batman Movie Disco Batman & Tears of Batman " will be a Store giveaway. In Germany, Feb 6-26, purchases from 55 Euro. I guess US and other markets will got it sooner or later (honestly US is Superheroes primary market, I'd doubt they would leave out anything Batman there)
lego-batmanmovie-30607_6.jpg

http://www.promobricks.de/lego-store-lego-batman-movie-disco-batman-polybag-gratis/23868 (German)

Figured, Probably will be the same in the U.S. for Feb so i'm holding off on a couple Lego Batman movie purchases for that promo.

Congrats!! You are in for a real treat. Hopefully its not your first modular because otherwise you have started something your wallets going to regret.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays BestGAF!

Merry Christmas LEGOGAF!

Got LEGO WALL-E, and three Dimensions sets (Fantastic Beasts, Sonic, Harry Potter), which will keep me busy building for a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom