• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
Dimensions starter pack + Supergirl came in with zero issues. The portal itself was a pretty fun build (though I was sweating over losing pieces half of the time :p), so now I'm just waiting for patches to download.

DonShula

Dimensions starter pack + Supergirl came in with zero issues. The portal itself was a pretty fun build (though I was sweating over losing pieces half of the time :p), so now I'm just waiting for patches to download.

You got in at the right time. Patches have been a nightmare over the past few months. Everything should be fixed now (until more sets are released).

Nudull

Banned
You got in at the right time. Patches have been a nightmare over the past few months. Everything should be fixed now (until more sets are released).

6 hour wait shouldn't be too brutal. :)

I've been mulling over picking up Marceline while she's still a TRU exclusive (I know there's been issues with online-shipped copies, but my local store has her and i don't know if the problem's affected in-store packs).

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Also brick Cube Calendar, should be 19.99 Eur
http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/12/nouveaute-lego-bureau-40172-brick-calendar/
For those with lot of time and quick hands* also a clock :D (* 00-59 not possible with just 2 six sided cubes without changing number builds ;) )
6abIlR3.jpg
That's a really nice idea- I feel like an idiot for not making my own one sooner :(

Probably gonna get me one of those for the office though.

Nitemare1

If it's your first modular, go for the Detective's office I'd say. I'm in the same boat and I'd buy that. If you want a Modular to add to your existing modulars, however, get the brick bank. As nice as Detective Office is, it's not really all that much different from say Parisian Restaurant.

It will be my third. I haven't really been collecting them. Just would like another to add to my existing two. (Grand emporium and palace cinema). Both of which are corner pieces. So something for the middle might be nice

Ponn

Banned
I found a cheap brand new Alien Mothership. Somebody please stop me!

That was one of my first non-LoTR buys when I got back into Lego several years ago. It was a cheap find at KMart, awesome build with alot of useful parts. Had to disassemble it though, I found not good way to display it and its footprint is huge (and no i'm not hanging it by string from my ceiling like suggested). Well worth the pick up.

6 hour wait shouldn't be too brutal. :)

I've been mulling over picking up Marceline while she's still a TRU exclusive (I know there's been issues with online-shipped copies, but my local store has her and i don't know if the problem's affected in-store packs).

Yea, just go do something else, initial patch is horrible. I also hate the new patch system where you download the hubs in game now by putting the new figs on the base. I preferred the giant one patch per wave they did before that was automatic.

Marceline is probably still a crapshoot. Since she's a TRU exclusive the deals on her might be more limited so just get her. If you do get a bad one I highly suggest filling out the form for a replacement tag on Lego's site, not the Dimensions or WB site. WB will ask you for a bunch of shit like pictures of the item, pictures of your receipt, pictures of your neighbor holding todays newspaper, etc. Lego was the same old great CS tell them what you are missing or need and bam here you go sending it right it out to you no problem, no more questions asked. I'm positive they have been taken advantage of with their policy but its admirable they are still doing it this way no fuss.

DonShula

Timely: took the kids to Rogue One last night, and got the Rebel U-Wing Fighter this afternoon for $30. No idea why it was marked down. Only one Walmart within driving distance that had it for this price, and they had plenty. Maybe too many? Either way, can't pass up a deal like that.

Nudull

Banned
Timely: took the kids to Rogue One last night, and got the Rebel U-Wing Fighter this afternoon for $30. No idea why it was marked down. Only one Walmart within driving distance that had it for this price, and they had plenty. Maybe too many? Either way, can't pass up a deal like that.

Saw that U-Wing and a couple of other Rogue One sets while I was shopping earlier today. If my wallet wasn't so stretch out, I would've splurged..

My Target apparently has all the new LEGO Batman movie sets in stock. Gonna stop by after work and grab at least one. Trying to decide if I should get the Arctic Roller + Clayface or just the Killer Croc set. Have $60 in gift cards.

My Target apparently has all the new LEGO Batman movie sets in stock. Gonna stop by after work and grab at least one. Trying to decide if I should get the Arctic Roller + Clayface or just the Killer Croc set. Have $60 in gift cards.

I just grabbed the Riddler one for someone on my team as a Christmas gift. (Mastermind Toys in Canada)

I wish that they didn't all look as good as they do - that Wayne Manor is nice.

leng jai

So I just got an email that my VIP points are expiring and apparently Wall-E is gone now. Pretty sure it was still up 2 days ago. Looks like I'm never getting that set.

Ponn

Banned

I like the overall build of that Killer Croc set but I don't think its worth it at msrp. I'm planning on picking that particular set up along with the Arctic Roller when they are heavily discounted. With the cheaper sets when they get discounted it won't be as huge of a discount as the bigger ones so keep that in mind when buying new sets at msrp. It will save you on buyers remorse when you see a set you paid $99 for at launch discounted to $75 two weeks later.

Ended up getting Scuttler which I forgot was coming out and Clayface. I think Clayface has a price error cause he rang up $34.99 but I thought he was $39.99.

Rootbeer

Banned
Found almost a box worth of Batman CMF on the shelf at Target, but sadly it was the one downtown and they were charging $4.79 per fig... I still bought a few to kickstart my collection... it will be easier to get 17 that I need rather than all 20 at the LEGO store this way.

Couldn't price match cause they aren't listed anywhere for 3.99 yet, heh.

GF and I just opened our Christmas presents.

Kind of went heavy handed with the Legos for her.

Got her the Brick Built Santa and Derpy Elves, the Christmas Train, that 24 in 1 Christmas set, the Christmas Snowglobe decoration set, Nexo Knights Aaron Fox's Aero Striker V2 (Dirt cheap at Costco 14$), and I grabbed the Pet Shop Modular on Brick Friday and paid for that with straight VIP points.

Might hold onto the Pet Shop and flip it in a year or so though.

Markus

Was at my folks place today and my father had found this; Polybag 1555 from 1986, which I believe I would have gotten from a MacDonald's Happy Meal here in Canada, or as a gift from my grandmother in Germany. Anyone else remember this and if it came from McDonald's?

15622745_10210183647560833_3035242529345760939_n.jpg

DonShula

Was at my folks place today and my father had found this; Polybag 1555 from 1986, which I believe I would have gotten from a MacDonald's Happy Meal here in Canada, or as a gift from my grandmother in Germany. Anyone else remember this and if it came from McDonald's?

15622745_10210183647560833_3035242529345760939_n.jpg

I absolutely remember owning and building that! I wouldn't have guessed it was a Happy Meal toy but it does ring a bell since you mentioned it. If it wasn't from a Happy Meal, it must have been some other type of promo.

Edit: found a picture of the bag and it has a 69 cent price printed on it. Maybe sold one year and then used as a Happy Meal toy in later years?

Ponn

Banned
Check BN on Jan 1st for Batman Cmf. Should be $3.95 there.

My S@H order for Jan 1st is probably going to be Assembly Square, Clayface Splat and about 20 batman CMF or their limit, whichever comes first. I got about $230 in VIP points so it actually won't be as bad as it sounds. I haven't built the first 4 Lego Batman Movie sets I already got so i'm not going to be in a big rush to get them before they are discounted.

My S@H order for Jan 1st is probably going to be Assembly Square, Clayface Splat and about 20 batman CMF or their limit, whichever comes first. I got about $230 in VIP points so it actually won't be as bad as it sounds. I haven't built the first 4 Lego Batman Movie sets I already got so i'm not going to be in a big rush to get them before they are discounted.
All the Jan 1st sets are in at work and can't go out yet. It is torture looking at them and wanting to build them. The Clayface set looks amazing.

Fowler

Oh, now that is intriguing. Never thought about that one. Make it to scale with the buildable figures.

I love the big ships in UCS form, but I was wondering how it'd work the other way around with a much smaller "ship". The level of detail would be OFF THE CHARTS.

I feel like I've watched all the Star Wars films a billion times but I'm willing to bet I'd discover so many elements to the speeder bike's design that I'd never noticed if I was going through a UCS build.

I love the big ships in UCS form, but I was wondering how it'd work the other way around with a much smaller "ship". The level of detail would be OFF THE CHARTS.

I feel like I've watched all the Star Wars films a billion times but I'm willing to bet I'd discover so many elements to the speeder bike's design that I'd never noticed if I was going through a UCS build.
Still waiting for UCS light saber handles.

Ponn

Banned
nah, too logical

UCS The Ghost on the other hand...

You know what, I would be more than cool with that even though it will never happen. I still really love the Rebels show and I passed on the Ghost set because it just looked really off to me.

Fowler

You know what, I would be more than cool with that even though it will never happen. I still really love the Rebels show and I passed on the Ghost set because it just looked really off to me.

I passed on the Ghost before I saw Rebels; after Rebels I really want one :-(

I found a used version of one of my all-time dream sets in fantastic condition way below market-price on a Craiglist type service. I offered the seller more than the listed price but he preferred to sell to the first person who contacted him. What else can I do? ]

Sorry to quote myself, but I offered him double what he initially asked for and he still refused.

The buyer hasn't paid for it. The seller is going away for a week on business and will finalise the sale when he returns. I could have concluded the transaction before he went away. The set was listed only for 3 hours before I made my first offer. The seller's latest response was "I have other similar sets that I will put on sale soon." Ugh.

Update to this story: the buyer fell through and seller contacted me taking my first offer (not the double offer). I finally snagged 6090.

willp2003

The ghost also makes a brief appearance in Rogue One. It's not part of the story line so hopefully that's not a spoiler!
Hoping for something good from the UCS line this year. I need to have a serious sort out of my sets to see which ones go on display.

Hagi

I'd really love a Yodas house set but that's not really a UCS thing. The Ghost would be awesome but I'll take one of the usual culprits seeing as my UCS collection is at 0.

If Target lets me get a full box of Batman CMF would anyone want an extra set? Already have someone willing to buy one. Just gauging interest.

Definitely a McDonald's thing, yeah. My sister and I both still have ours.

I couldn't wait for that scottish batman so I bricklinked two of them earlier this week. I'll never buy the book so fuck it

That's a smart play actually.

Star Wars UCS 2017 - more vehicles, less playsets.

This bodes well! For me at least the vehicles stick around a bit longer. Playsets get broken down almost immediately.

I plan on getting a box of Batman cmf as well.

Yeah, my local shop is setting aside a box for me. I've got two other interested parties so it'll be an easy split.

Koren

Well, there's not many ships smaller than a Tie (the UCS Tie and X-Wing aren't even minifig scales, they're larger than that... normal Tie/X Wing are closer to minifig-scale). So you're basically down to bikes and some landspeeders.

Rey's speeder... why, even? It was in the movie for five minutes and it's not like she's going back to get it. Sure, some people would want it but that's the kind of people that would buy a UCS version of the grate in Unkar Plutt's counter.

Even if I didn't find anything at that awesome Lego shop, I took a look at their UCS display. The Y-Wing is huge, but looks dated. I also think the B-Wing is a bit too difficult to display. The Imperial Shuttle is obviously epic and I think I would go for that if I wanted an out of stock set. There are also a bunch of weird ones like the tiny Naboo starfighter and the Darth Maul bust and the Tantive IV. Glad I'm not a completionist and not THAT huge of a fan, even if I get these strange impulses now and then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom