• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

The tracker looks really cool even if it's a blurry photo. I really want a set for Darth Mauls ship in Rebels but I'm not even sure what it's called.

TheFuzz

Wave 2 of the TLBM movie looks great. I'm fine with the vehicles as long as they're substantial builds like we are getting. Can't wait for Two-Face!

ghostmind

The Star Wars images back up some rumours from a couple weeks ago...

75166 First Order Battle Pack (2 FO Stormtroopers, Flametrooper, FO Officer)
75167 Bounty Hunters Battle Pack (Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckuss) *this one seems way too good to be true*
75176 ???
75177 ???
75178 Jakku Quadjumper (Rey, Finn, BB-8, FO Stormtrooper)
75179 ???
75180 Rathtar Escape (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Bala-Tik, Guavian Enforcer)
75181 ???
75182 Republic Fighter Tank (Aayla Secura, Clone Commander, 2 Battle Droids)
75183 Darth Vader Transformation (Battle Damaged Anakin, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine)
75184 2017 Advent Calendar
75185 Tracker I (Freemaker Adventures)
75186 Arrowhead (Freemaker Adventures)
75187 Episode 8
75188 Episode 8
75189 Episode 8
75190 Episode 8
75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
75192 ???
75526 Buildable Figure
75527 Buildable Figure
75528 Buildable Figure
75529 Buildable Figure
75530 Buildable Figure
75531 Buildable Figure
75532 Buildable Figure

Ponn

Banned
Yep no reason why they wouldn't.

The exclusive sets aren't up on their site as coming soon yet BUT they were in the catalog I just got a couple days ago so I stopped worrying about that.

I think i'm going to skip the scuttler for the moment because if that gets discounted soon that could be like $10 or more saving. I'm going to order the exclusives, Clayface and the creator robot first, wait for those VIP points to drop then order the Assembly Square.

Norfair

So what are the chances that the A wing and Y wing are going to be at a US Lego store on the first? I haven't seen them in the catalog or online yet but I do want to pick them up.

Nodnol

Picked up the TIE Advanced Vs A-Wing set. Normally retails at like 79.99 here, but was on offer at 53. 99. Pretty decent deal, and it seems the main criticism of the set is the price, so that's been negated.

Store was all out of Resistance Troop Transporter. :(

The missus and I went to LEGOLAND California on a whim on Monday.
Overall pretty meh, as we were not interested in the rides and stuff, but Miniland is pretty awesome.

I took a bunch of pictures y'all might get a kick out of.

Also
Looks like I am back in the game
ezSb5Le.jpg

uBip76sl.jpg

gl5w2DV.gif

To be fair though, I can blame my partner, as she egged me on...
And we have been building it together for the last two evenings.

sGTHxxY.jpg

These arrived today. Bought purely on Neogafs recommendations, let's hope they are as good as everyone seems to be pimping them out to be.

Also received the Pirates chess set and the Lego 2017 annual today. The annual is kind of fun, but has a really strange selection of minifigs they feature. It is series Monsters, 14 and 15. All seem like a lifetime ago.

Rootbeer

Banned
Today's new finds:

TRU:
30546 Krypto saves the day DC Super Hero Girls polybag
70900 The Joker Balloon Escape
30448 Spider-Man vs. The Venom Symbiote (technically found this one yesterday!)

Target:
30522 Batman in the Phantom Zone polybag

I still haven't found the Riddler Racer or Skuttler in the wild. I'm sure a few stores have them in the back, just haven't taken the extra time to check. Jan 1st is super close anyway, not gonna bother... just gonna wait :3

Today's new finds:

TRU:
30546 Krypto saves the day DC Super Hero Girls polybag
70900 The Joker Balloon Escape
30448 Spider-Man vs. The Venom Symbiote (technically found this one yesterday!)

Target:
30522 Batman in the Phantom Zone polybag

I still haven't found the Riddler Racer or Skuttler in the wild. I'm sure a few stores have them in the back, just haven't taken the extra time to check. Jan 1st is super close anyway, not gonna bother... just gonna wait :3

That Scuttler is worth the hassle though. Joker's Balloon Escape still isn't anywhere near me, the only set that my Targets haven't gotten from the Batman wave.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just finished the AT-ST. What an amazing build, no wonder its the most bought Lego Star Wars toy at Amazon.de right now.

I build my last Lego Set more then 14 years ago (Naboo Star Fighter) and its really great how far Lego has come and the modern techniques to bring the pieces together are great.

I really need to buy more Star Wars vehicles... There is right now a Ebay Offer for a 35€ OT Tie-Fighter from the last revision which I kinda want to have :D

The leaked sets are not all that are going to be avaiable this year? there are another sets coming?

Just finished the AT-ST. What an amazing build, no wonder its the most bought Lego Star Wars toy at Amazon.de right now.

I build my last Lego Set more then 14 years ago (Naboo Star Fighter) and its really great how far Lego has come and the modern techniques to bring the pieces together are great.

I really need to buy more Star Wars vehicles... There is right now a Ebay Offer for a 35€ OT Tie-Fighter from the last revision which I kinda want to have :D

The leaked sets are not all that are going to be avaiable this year? there are another sets coming?

You need some Creator Expert sets in your life GP.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just buy one to see how it is and then stop.

(I'm just kidding. I don't even have any cuz I know it won't stop at one. I just download the instructions and see the techniques.)

I will look if there are good YouTube Channels covering some of these sets. Cant remember if Jengbricks did a video on any of these, but when I have time I will look after that.

Are the Mighty Micros a bust for LEGO? They seem to be clearanced out everywhere I go, as low as $5 at Walmart.

A new wave is coming (January 1st I think). Time to clearence the old stock. Me and my son found them to be a lot of fun. They could have been a bit more sturdy though, some bits broke of by just looking at them.

Wow, finally a non-Clone Wars Aayla. Will buy your shitty prequel vehicle regardless of size.

Before that, though, I'm thinking that I'll get Assembly Square, the Ms Marvel set and the Riddler set on the 1st. The others can wait a little until there's a sale.

Rootbeer

Banned
new star wars relims. Check delta.customs insta.

matches leaked list from earlier :) Sooo... bounty hunter set, maybe real afterall?

BTW, I am just curious, with Eurobricks being so strict on what can be discussed on their forum, where are people going for their leak news and discussion... other than here :) Also, bootleg news, because I like to keep track of what is coming out in case something really unique hits.

Ryuuroden

The missus and I went to LEGOLAND California on a whim on Monday.
Overall pretty meh, as we were not interested in the rides and stuff, but Miniland is pretty awesome.

I took a bunch of pictures y'all might get a kick out of.

Also
Looks like I am back in the game
ezSb5Le.jpg

uBip76sl.jpg

gl5w2DV.gif

To be fair though, I can blame my partner, as she egged me on...
And we have been building it together for the last two evenings.

Welcome back in.

I wish I had more interest in more themes but for me the superhero and star wars ones are too vehicle orientated. Personal preference but i much prefer small buildings or scenes to vehicle builds.

Happy to see a little bit of creativity with the Batman sets.

Appreciate it is easier to make a smaller set based around a vehicle though.

Nodnol

Just finished the TIE Advanced vs A-Wing set.

Vader's tie is awesome. Simple build compared to the last two sets I built, but I was eager to add such an iconic ship to the collection. I love the split helmet of the Vader mini-figure.

The A-Wing is great. Bit over-engineered but fun nonetheless. Love the Sabine mini-figure.

I would love to add the Ghost to accompany the A-Wing, but the current set looks a bit naff. Hopefully down the line they do a better version?

Considering I got the set cheaper than the RRP, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. The only problem I've got, is I've doubled my collection and doubled the amount of space needed to display them all. Need to start thinking about clearing some shelf space somewhere!

Jashobeam

I wish I had more interest in more themes but for me the superhero and star wars ones are too vehicle orientated. Personal preference but i much prefer small buildings or scenes to vehicle builds.

Happy to see a little bit of creativity with the Batman sets.

Appreciate it is easier to make a smaller set based around a vehicle though.

Yea im the same way, i find the buildings are way cooler, right now im really tempted to get the creator modular bank or detective office, and i havent even built my first set yet, i want them all lol.

Worst part about building the Scuttler:

Applying long, thin stickers to long, thin LEGO pieces with tweezers. WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO?!?

Best part about building the Scuttler:

Me: "What the heck are these gears there for? They don't do anything!"

Me, an hour or so later: "Oh, so that's what those gears are for! AWESOME!"

Finished, and it's definitely my favorite LEGO vehicle set to date. So badass. :D

Worst part about building the Scuttler:

Applying long, thin stickers to long, thin LEGO pieces with tweezers. WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO?!?

Best part about building the Scuttler:

Me: "What the heck are these gears there for? They don't do anything!"

Me, an hour or so later: "Oh, so that's what those gears are for! AWESOME!"

Finished, and it's definitely my favorite LEGO vehicle set to date. So badass. :D
Hype increasing. Soon...

Finished building the Resistance Shuttle. Then I had to rearrange everything to find room.

And your thoughts on that magnificent build? Resistance Troop Transport is the goods!

On a side note, many sets are 30% off at BN stores right now. Things like the TIE Advance vs A-Wing battle set. Just FYI.
Also, BN clearance sales are going now. LEGO deals vary by store. Just go scope it out. My local store only had a few Bionicle go clearance, but other stores might have better deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom