• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
On the front page of Brickset:

PK0Yf6m.jpg

It's for a MOC contest.
Dude -,-

I have already discovered Brickset.com through my own googling! Great to read reviews and insights, news, price comparisons and also did some digging for the old castle I had as a kid and found it! Great resource it seems.

Any other sites or YouTubers to check out?

Jangbricks is thread favorite YouTube reviewer.
https://www.youtube.com/user/LEGOJANG

Bricklink if you haven't discovered it already. It's often called "cracklink". Currently the best aftermarket marketplace for LEGO parts, minifigs, and sets.

Resistance Troop Transport is labeled "retiring soon" on s@h, so those on the fence should grab it now
Just saw a few appear on amazon. They must have got a couple more in but there were only 2 left when I ordered it. It was $69 but I had a gift card from Christmas so I jumped on it

Nodnol

So the aftermarket seems like an interesting place! Mini-figures are crazy expensive and lots of people buy the sets and sell them on minus mini-figures.

I would have never realized some of the mini-figs would be worth so much.

mf.luder

So the aftermarket seems like an interesting place! Mini-figures are crazy expensive and lots of people buy the sets and sell them on minus mini-figures.

I would have never realized some of the mini-figs would be worth so much.

Back when jango fett's slave 1 was released, i sold jango's mining for $75 USD. Insane!

Ponn claimed one of my sets of the figs, if the box I get Sunday truly has 3 sets I can trade if you want.

If it truly is unopened it'll have three sets. LEGO confirmed it and my full box I found at Target had three complete sets. First CMF set I've ever bought anything from. So good.

Blizzard

Banned
It sounds like this sort of thing is already known, but I was in Walgreens and randomly picked up two clearance sets. 75125 X-wing for $6.50 and 75120 K-2SO for like $17.

I think those are decent prices? I don't often find LEGOs on clearance. They also had a black suit stormtrooper but I only wanted K-2SO.

Nodnol

I love Jangbricks' reviews...except they make me want more sets! Damnit! The minifigs that come with Krennic's shuttle make me want that thing so bad. Those Deathtroopers!

Build the Riddler Racer set tonight. People say the car build is like a Creator set but I never buy those so to me this was a perfectly fine build and had some fun bits to achieve the curves. Minifigs are why you want it though. A perfect Riddler! Calendar Man! Fucking Kite Man! Kite Man is like minifig of the year material because it's Kite Man like I keep saying his name because I still can't believe we got a minifig of Kite Man.

TheFuzz

I love Jangbricks' reviews...except they make me want more sets! Damnit! The minifigs that come with Krennic's shuttle make me want that thing so bad. Those Deathtroopers!

Krennic' shuffle is a magnificent model. I love it so much. The minifigures are just the sweet, sweet, icing on the cake.

Markus

Found 5 boxes of Batman CMF at Toys r Us but the figs were priced at $4.99. Didn't get any.

Was this in the US? I was in my TrU here in Canada (Halifax) tonight and they had about 20 fresh boxes open on the shelf and were selling for C$4.99.

I also grabbed a couple of last years Easter ducklings (40202 I believe) for $11.99

ghostmind

Minecraft 2017 1H:

AT0ZE2d.jpg

21129 Mushroom Island

4xuDFsm.jpg

21130 Nether Train

9vbkKFz.jpg

21131 Ice Towers

C2N4tJs.jpg

21132 Jungle Temple

7flu452.jpg

21133 Witch House

u4fZO3Y.jpg

21134 Secret Waterfall Escape

Lego you stupid bastards, you can't power a minecart without red stone rail and so far the ONLY set that piece has been available in is The Mine. How could they possibly make a set where the minecart and track is the focus but leave out the gold pieces that would power it?!

Sets look beautiful though and I want them all. I'm officially two waves behind on Minecraft now. 2016 was fucking harsh for my Lego collection with the lost job. The only sets I got this year were the GB Firehouse and 60s Batcave when I quit Lego in February. Once I got laid off in June though... man. I'm pretty sure I've missed the boat on Wall-E. ):

Here's to 2017 and a return to dumping money into ABS plastic!

Edit: oh my god the Slimes in the Witch's Hut. I need them. I need so many of them.

wetwired

Forgive me emperor, for I have sinned...

IFkkG6L.jpg

It's been a little while since I got some KOs but the quality is a lot better than previously, still not up to LEGO standards however.

The chrome Iron Man and Mr Gold in particular aren't great, still worth it for their price (bugger all) but the chroming is a bit dodgy in places and the arms (which weren't attached on any of these minifigs) are difficult to put in.

I don't know if you can make it out but the printing on the left leg of Iron Man is half missing also.

The other batman variants are ok for the most part. The biggest issues I found were on the mariachi batman and leprechaun batman, both have noticably dull printing and not rich and vibrant like the others and official LEGO minifigs. The leprechauns cape was cut poorly too and has some excess material hanging off which iI need to fix.

One thing I really liked though on the Leprechaun, Captain America and Uncle Sam Batmen are the little gauntlets on the forearms, they're a separate piece that fits between the hands and arms, I don't know if that's something LEGO has done before that they're ripping off but it was new to me.

I bought some others which I'll get around to posting at some point

I was not a fan of architecture line till now, but I got Buckingham Palace at Xmas and looking foward to build it. Falling Water and Imperial Hotel are still available at retail here, althought they are quite expensive. How are their builds?

Enjoyed building Fallingwater and like how the main structure slots together. Not fussed on the newer entries to the series mainly because I prefer modernism and minimalism so would love to get my hands on a few more of the older sets like Robie House and Farnsworth House. Where do you live BTW as the hotel has been retired for about a year here in the UK?

Enjoyed building Fallingwater and like how the main structure slots together. Not fussed on the newer entries to the series mainly because I prefer modernism and minimalism so would love to get my hands on a few more of the older sets like Robie House and Farnsworth House. Where do you live BTW as the hotel has been retired for about a year here in the UK?

I live in Brazil but do not get excited since every set here costs 100% more, so you still can buy it cheaper than me 😞

I've been away the past week but someone sent me this article...

15781087_1056566194473035_7112034208586874716_n.jpg

The X-Files Coming To LEGO Dimensions?

Hard to say if anything will come of it (Like Red Dwarf/Flintstones which have previously hinted at)

Although I do customs ones I'd love for them to do official versions.

Hope it comes to Dimensions. If not, I wilm buy obe of your customs (are you stull making them?).

Let's see what comes in the 2017 Dimensions waves. Flintstones have a giid chance, but Red Dwarf was only a cameo because the british devs are a fan of it.

Nodnol

I actually found a Resistance Troop Transporter sat on a shelf. I'd almost talked myself out of wanting it due to its apparent unavailability, but when I spied it on the shelf from across the store I practically power-walked to it. Got it for the seemingly reduced price of £39.99, so I'm well happy to find one.

Lego you stupid bastards, you can't power a minecart without red stone rail and so far the ONLY set that piece has been available in is The Mine. How could they possibly make a set where the minecart and track is the focus but leave out the gold pieces that would power it?!

Sets look beautiful though and I want them all. I'm officially two waves behind on Minecraft now. 2016 was fucking harsh for my Lego collection with the lost job. The only sets I got this year were the GB Firehouse and 60s Batcave when I quit Lego in February. Once I got laid off in June though... man. I'm pretty sure I've missed the boat on Wall-E. ):

Here's to 2017 and a return to dumping money into ABS plastic!

Edit: oh my god the Slimes in the Witch's Hut. I need them. I need so many of them.
You mentioning Slimes made me want LEGO to do a Dragon Quest set for the anniversary.

Randam

I buy my toothbrush heads on AliExpress and thought to maybe look. Holy fuck! I bought the GT3. I'm a HUGE technic fan and this would be devastating to my wallet if they are great quality.

How's the Porsche?
It is huge. Didn't think it would be that big.
And I only finished the chassis yet.

The techniques underneath are really cool.
Working 4 gear dual clutch transmission with forward, neutral and backwards.

Excited for when it's finished.

Hey LegoGAF... i haven't been posting here for a while now due to some hardships in my personal life lately. Now that that's out of the way though... i have nevertheless watched Rogue 1 yesterday and am now building the AT-ST (which oddly enough didn't get NEARLY as much screentime as i expected due to the set but oh well)

Anyway, for those of you who already built it, i am at the first bag at the section where you build what i assume to become the action feature with the turning knob for the head?

Before i go on with it, when you turn the knob later, is it supposed to make that rattling/clicking noise when turning the whole head section? Because right NOW, it does not do that when i turn the knob, but it simply turns the technic bar without the actual grey round disc section that would make the noise ugh, did i do something wrong here?

Nodnol

Hey LegoGAF... i haven't been posting here for a while now due to some hardships in my personal life lately. Now that that's out of the way though... i have nevertheless watched Rogue 1 yesterday and am now building the AT-ST (which oddly enough didn't get NEARLY as much screentime as i expected due to the set but oh well)

Anyway, for those of you who already built it, i am at the first bag at the section where you build what i assume to become the action feature with the turning knob for the head?

Before i go on with it, when you turn the knob later, is it supposed to make that rattling/clicking noise when turning the whole head section? Because right NOW, it does not do that when i turn the knob, but it simply turns the technic bar without the actual grey round disc section that would make the noise ugh, did i do something wrong here?

Keep going. I can't remember the specifics, but I remember thinking the same thing at the time. Fully built it does click. Looks fantastic too!

mf.luder

It is huge. Didn't think it would be that big.
And I only finished the chassis yet.

The techniques underneath are really cool.
Working 4 gear dual clutch transmission with forward, neutral and backwards.

Excited for when it's finished.

No, I don't care about that, I already know that stuff is awesome!

The quality man, the quality!

January 2017 stuff looks live in the UK. Prices on the Batman Movie stuff appear really expensive, definitely waiting for sales before picking up any of that stuff.

It took me years to convince myself to buy the Sea Cow at £169, so in particular Arkham Asylum at £139 is a tough sell for a set with just over half the pieces and nowhere near as nice or fun looking a finished model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom