• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
It really depends on what type of LEGO fan you are.

Some of us build sets from the instructions, and when we aren't displaying the set it goes into a ziploc bag for storage. Whether we keep the box, flattening it to conserve space, or toss the box is another variable.

Some of us build sets from the instructions, and when we are done displaying a set we part it out for our MOC-building collection.

Some of us just buy sets for their specific parts, and immediately part them out for MOCs.

Some of us are addicted to parting out sets but never get around to building much with them.

Some of us are addicted to buying sets, never building them, and then storing the sealed boxes on every shelf and spare space we can find around the house.

Some of us (few or none in this thread) speculate in LEGO, buy large numbers of sets with high resale potential, and rent out a storage container to manage our reseller inventory.

I want to know how many of LEGO GAF fall into that category.

And then some of us buy the sets, build them once, realize we don't really want to build it again, sell it and buy a new set to repeat the process!

I'm thinking of joining the true dark side and buying a UCS Star Wars set...

The question is; TIE or Slave? The former's more iconic, yet the latter is a better build and has a slightly better value. Help me, LegoGAF, you're my only hope.

I'd definitely recommend the Slave 1. The ship is unique and the build methods are amazing! You can display it horizontally or vertically. The minifig is also unique, only available in this set.

Some of us are addicted to buying sets, never building them, and then storing the sealed boxes on every shelf and spare space we can find around the house.

This happens to some of GAF on the gaming side as well. Backlog galore.

There are three years worth of dust over my Black Pearl and Revenge of Queen Anne... trying to figure oit how to clear them without desassembling too much. The main problem is how I clean their decks.

Just spot this.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/163310

I was thinking in creating something similar, but this one is quite nice. Only the loop need more colors/work.

2794461-o_1b5bln57i1e3htllcb01g0u1nq87-full.png

leng jai

I'd definitely recommend the Slave 1. The ship is unique and the build methods are amazing! You can display it horizontally or vertically. The minifig is also unique, only available in this set.

This happens to some of GAF on the gaming side as well. Backlog galore.

It makes more sense for games though with all the digital sales and the fact that they aren't gigantic boxes like Lego sets usually are.

Ponn

Banned
Is it about time for NY Toyfair leaks and hype yet? Is that where we will see the GotG 2 and WW stuff right? Wonder if they will show off 2nd wave of Lego Batman Movie there.

Plum

Pet Shop get because LEGOGAF is awesome. I have no idea how big these modulars are do I?

Except for the new Assembly Square they're all 10" by 10" so they don't take up too much space. You'll enjoy the Pet Shop, it's a great set and a fun build. Though in my opinion it's also the least "standalone" of the modulars so... good luck not buying any more!

Except for the new Assembly Square they're all 10" by 10" so they don't take up too much space. You'll enjoy the Pet Shop, it's a great set and a fun build. Though in my opinion it's also the least "standalone" of the modulars so... good luck not buying any more!

I'm for sure buying another next month from S@H for the Batman promo because I don't have any other sets I need. Which one I buy is a different story though. Brick Bank looks the best in my opinion, Detective Office the most interesting, but Parisian Restaurant is highly recommended. I'm so indecisive with LEGO it's pathetic.

inb4 Diggeh buy them all post.

ghostmind

Is it about time for NY Toyfair leaks and hype yet? Is that where we will see the GotG 2 and WW stuff right? Wonder if they will show off 2nd wave of Lego Batman Movie there.

London Toy Fair starts January 24th.
Nuremberg Toy Fair starts February 1st.
New York Toy Fair starts February 18th.

As with previous years, the reveals/restrictions will be tight at first, with pretty much all product being shown at the NYTF.

I'm just hoping that the London show won't be a debacle like last year, when Brickset was told they could write set descriptions but not take photos, which they complied, but were then forced to take down the descriptions anyway.

I've not seen any of the Batman stuff, but the UK Lego store website has them up. I'll be checking my local one soon.

Just been to the one in Manchester arndale

Picked 7 up randomly after failing to feel out the rubber ring one, got - fairy batman, Barbara Gordon?; eraser, calculator, red hood, robin and lobster loving batman.

Also picked up the mech soon Axel nexo set as any nexo purchase came with a nice polybag with a villain from the new range.

Also noticed the Disney castle is up to £300 now I thought the price hike was just on new stuff.

Rootbeer

Banned
Also noticed the Disney castle is up to £300 now I thought the price hike was just on new stuff.
Really? Huh! Not sure I've spotted hikes on already released sets in the USA before... it may well have happened, but don't recall seeing it personally since I've been into LEGO the last several years. Really sucks and hope it's not a growing trend from them. After seeing how prices have adjusted in the post-Brexit world, I've been worrying about how some changes coming from the Trump administration might impact prices here.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is this the one from that Gungan Sub set?? I found that thing for $25 last summer.
I love that set! I also snagged it on sale a while back before it was discontinued. I went on a spending spree and picked up a ton of Clone Wars, Expanded Universe (notably the Old Republic sets, some of the best) and prequel sets in 2014-2015. Lots of appreciation. Great figure of Amidalla, too.

Really? Huh! Not sure I've spotted hikes on already released sets in the USA before... it may well have happened, but don't recall seeing it personally since I've been into LEGO the last several years. Really sucks and hope it's not a growing trend from them. After seeing how prices have adjusted in the post-Brexit world, I've been worrying about how some changes coming from the Trump administration might impact prices here.

Yep I'm sure it was £280 when I bought it

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/The-Disney-Castle-71040

Edit - was £290 but still a £10 price hike

Ponn

Banned
London Toy Fair starts January 24th.
Nuremberg Toy Fair starts February 1st.
New York Toy Fair starts February 18th.

As with previous years, the reveals/restrictions will be tight at first, with pretty much all product being shown at the NYTF.

I'm just hoping that the London show won't be a debacle like last year, when Brickset was told they could write set descriptions but not take photos, which they complied, but were then forced to take down the descriptions anyway.

Oh that's right, I keep forgetting about those other shows beforehand. I probably keep doing that because of those BS policies about no photos so we never see the stuff till NYTF except for occasional retailer catalog leaks. Kinda makes me glad we don't get attention from Lego so we aren't as hamstrung as these other sites have become. If you are reading this TLG i'm not against you sending me free stuff. Just understand i'm still going to talk shit about that stupid looking Hulk vs. Red Hulk set coming out and you can't stop me.

Probably the best thing I can say about Brick Show is their videos they do for NYTF every year. Pics are nice but sometimes the short video clips make a world of difference like seeing that Spider-Man Bridge set in a video last year was.

Pet shop might be my favorite modular. Its just so densely detailed while still conveying a coherent, clean look. Love the architecture on it. Goes well with the parisian restaurant.

I'm for sure buying another next month from S@H for the Batman promo because I don't have any other sets I need. Which one I buy is a different story though. Brick Bank looks the best in my opinion, Detective Office the most interesting, but Parisian Restaurant is highly recommended. I'm so indecisive with LEGO it's pathetic.

Go by release date. Parisian is oldest, so get it first. Then Detective's Office.

Plum

I'd recommend PR or the Palace Cinema first just because they're the most likely to get retired this year, it's what I'm getting next. There's also the added benefit of it just looking amazing, so that's something. Interesting to hear Brick Bank is your favorite in terms of looks, it's actually my least favorite, though it still does look great.

I'd recommend PR or the Palace Cinema first just because they're the most likely to get retired this year, it's what I'm getting next. There's also the added benefit of it just looking amazing, so that's something. Interesting to hear Brick Bank is your favorite in terms of looks, it's actually my least favorite, though it still does look great.

I really like how Brick Bank looks from the exterior, and just find it really aesthetically pleasing. I'm still leaning Parisian Restaurant for next month though. I'll probably grab another of these when I'm vacation in Orlando in April since I'll actually have a LEGO Store to visit.

Kyari

Just been to the one in Manchester arndale

Picked 7 up randomly after failing to feel out the rubber ring one, got - fairy batman, Barbara Gordon?; eraser, calculator, red hood, robin and lobster loving batman.

Also picked up the mech soon Axel nexo set as any nexo purchase came with a nice polybag with a villain from the new range.

Yeah, hit up one here in Newcastle today. Came away with Harley, Catman, Jim Gordon and Barbara Gordon. So pretty much the ones I wanted already :D Holding off on any major set purchases till the free figures come out early Feb.

The duck ring figure seems to be The One To Get up here at least. The shop assistant said they basically keep selling out entire boxes one an hour, and people keep asking for fresh boxes to come out just to feel for the duck.

Randam

Can we expect some new big star wars sets in the future?
Like a new star destroyer? Hux' and Kylo Ren's finalizer?
Or on of the rebel's capital ships like the MC 80 star cruiser would be cool.

I believe there is an option that allows you to request the piece that isn't listed by describing it, which means you could list the part number? I've had to do it once before and it took a little longer than usual but I still got my piece.

yup, happened to me but i did this and it worked.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I believe there is an option that allows you to request the piece that isn't listed by describing it, which means you could list the part number? I've had to do it once before and it took a little longer than usual but I still got my piece.

I would just try and contact customer report and explain the situation.

yup, happened to me but i did this and it worked.

Thanks, then I will describe it, type in the piece number^^

Have you tried bricklink, gameproff? I would think you can get virtually any piece on bricklink for the right price.
This is going to be my last resort^^

1x 4211614
1x 4211759
1x 4271344

Sorry that I have to put it that way, I dont find any pictures of that pieces right now.

The bar I cannot do, but I can hook you up with a small light gray slope and a blue-gray hinge np. I have tons of both of those I'm not doing anything with. PM me if you're interested.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The bar I cannot do, but I can hook you up with a small light gray slope and a blue-gray hinge np. I have tons of both of those I'm not doing anything with. PM me if you're interested.
I live in germany, the shipping should not be worth it.
But thanks a lot :D I really appreciate this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom