• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

I live in germany, the shipping should not be worth it.
But thanks a lot :D I really appreciate this :D

Try Bricklink then, you should find the pieces really cheap from the German stores, they always have good prices. German stores have such good prices I often get from them and have them shipped to the USA and still save money.

also, not to this post but I started assembly Square today. Very nice.

Taisaijin

also, not to this post but I started assembly Square today. Very nice.

Jelly .. must.. resist.. backorder purchase. The wait for 2x VIP looks like it will last at least until March if not later.

What do you intend to bookend it with? It looks like it could be a nice bridge between the 'olde scale' modulars like GG and TH and the smaller scale of PS / DO / PR / BB.

Still waiting for someone to create an iModularBuilding app that lets me re-arrange my modulars and view from different angles from the comfort of my porcelain chair.

Also totally jumping on that Brickheadz theme (cringey Z withstanding) next month assuming the pricing is decent.

Dat UniKurl.

LEGOBRickheadz.jpg

Ryuuroden

Ok, so far, assembly square is as good or better than Parisian restaurant. Take that as you will.

The bakery is amazing and actually so is the flower shop.

Now I want a modular set. I hate you all. I have nowhere to put something like that in my house.

LEGO stimulates creativity. We believe you'll find creative solutions. Walls + shelves

My wife had most of the modular sets, even he Ferris Wheel and one day her Lego addiction disappeared and she sold them all.

Was she able to sell it close to how much was spent?
It will be a great enabler for others to buy more modulars if they know they can change their minds later and basically get most of their money back if not more after they enjoyed the sets. :)

Ryuuroden

Uguu, this assembly square is brilliant. I love these build techniques and I've only done the first two bags. there's still 4 more numbers to go. The build is easily on par with Parisian. I have to stop for the night. :(

Uguu, this assembly square is brilliant. I love these build techniques and I've only done the first two bags. there's still 4 more numbers to go. The build is easily on par with Parisian. I have to stop for the night. :(

HYPE. INCREASING.

When we wound up staying home and not going to Nashville the other day, I said I would just wait for double VIP in March. This is making it hurt some.

But, I have a newly bought Scuttler sitting here ready to be built.

LEGO stimulates creativity. We believe you'll find creative solutions. Walls + shelves

Was she able to sell it close to how much was spent?
It will be a great enabler for others to buy more modulars if they know they can change their minds later and basically get most of their money back if not more after they enjoyed the sets. :)

I just asked her and she confirmed what I thought and the answer is no. She sold them in late Spring last year so most could still be bought new. She estimates she made about 70% of her investment back. She unloaded them locally through Facebook Market also so no shipping.

About to get going on bag 2 of Scuttler. Dat SNOT. The entire first bag is just a huge block of SNOT work.

But the Poison Ivy figure has to be one of the best figures ever. So much detail crammed in there. Just marvelous work. This figure is going to be very pricey on the aftermarket.

You're killing me here. This sounds amazing!

I have a birthday coming up and have been dropping mad hints about "the 10th modular". The newest catalog arrived with the Disney Castle on the back and my girls are convinced that that's actually the set I need.

I think Assembly Square will have to be a secret purchase for the closet of shame.

Dammit.

About to get going on bag 2 of Scuttler. Dat SNOT. The entire first bag is just a huge block of SNOT work.

But the Poison Ivy figure has to be one of the best figures ever. So much detail crammed in there. Just marvelous work. This figure is going to be very pricey on the aftermarket.

I don't have the set, but the pictures of Ivy's hair are incredible. She looks terrific.

I don't have the set, but the pictures of Ivy's hair are incredible. She looks terrific.

The hair is incredible, but the printing and dual mold arms are just fantastic. This is really one of the classiest mini figs I have come across. Just spectacular work from every angle. Definitely a stand out figure.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Tail-Gator is freaking amazing! Killer Croc is such a fun figure and definitely rivals Rancor for best Big Fig. The Batski is kinda sad, but the rest of the set more than makes up for it!

Bag 3 of Scuttler done. Can safely say I haven't built anything like this before.

That is not a complaint.

Tail-Gator is freaking amazing! Killer Croc is such a fun figure and definitely rivals Rancor for best Big Fig. The Batski is kinda sad, but the rest of the set more than makes up for it!
Soon...

Scuttler, people. Scuttler. It is all about this set for me right now.
Maybe because it is late and I haven't slept well for days. Maybe it is the alcohol, but this was one of the coolest builds in the last few months.

Not only does it have SNOT coming out its articulated ears, but it is also incredibly posable and offers play features. Top it off with a few really nice and one absolutely spectacular mini fig and this is an easy recommendation.

BONUS! This set is like one or two steps away from being a totally awesome Metal Gear MOC. It wouldn't take much modification at all to make this thing fit into the MGS universe.

Also, I fully intend to set this thing up battling the Morro Dragon shortly.

Ponn

Banned

Really want this set too (want all of them) but this is one of those that I put on the back burner to wait for a price drop. I only ended up waiting on a couple but if I paid full price for all the sets while they sat in my backlog I wouldn't feel right. I really dig the build of the truck on this set though, it feels really authentic and is such a great 4 x 4 build.

Maybe because it is late and I haven't slept well for days. Maybe it is the alcohol, but this was one of the coolest builds in the last few months.

Not only does it have SNOT coming out its articulated ears, but it is also incredibly posable and offers play features. Top it off with a few really nice and one absolutely spectacular mini fig and this is an easy recommendation.

BONUS! This set is like one or two steps away from being a totally awesome Metal Gear MOC. It wouldn't take much modification at all to make this thing fit into the MGS universe.

Batbot Jox! Metal Gear Bat! BATtle Bots! Ok enough bat puns tonight.

ghostmind

The UCS Millennium Falcon rumour has circled back around again, however this time I have multiple sources claiming it's validity, as apparently does the BrickFan.

The grains of salt are getting smaller...

3N16MA

Banned
The UCS Millennium Falcon rumour has circled back around again, however this time I have multiple sources claiming it's validity, as apparently does the BrickFan.

Was reading the same thing.

Snowspeeder and a new Falcon would make me happy.

So no longer a salt rock or kosher salt. Now down to good old table salt?

God. That is one helluva way to overcompensate for last year.
Next year watch them redo the UCS Star Destroyer and then finally make UCS Cloud City.

Osahi

Assembly Square is out for delivery. As our doorbell only rings when you press it really hard, this means I'll play the 'listen for a delivery truck arriving'-game all day, or I'll probably miss it. :-/ Can't hang a note at the door, because my landlord gave me shit for doing it last time (he lives in the apartment on the groundfloor). He should fix the damn bell in stead...

In other news: seems like the Batman Movie sets only arrive here the 17th. Went looking yesterday, and the aisles were still empty after the christmass and new years rush. Only the Nexo Knights, Star Wars and Friends sets were there. Amazon.de has the release up at the 17th, so that explains. I do hope they sell them below Lego's RRP, because a lot of those sets are overpriced (55 euro for Joker's Lowrider...)

Tom_Cody

Agreed.

I got it for Christmas (or, technically got credit to buy it upon release) and it is fantastic. I've been doing one bag a night to draw it out, but I have been blown away by the quality so far. And the minifigs are fantastic.

Yeah well I'd be happy with it too for $30 but for retail price it's not a great set.

Scuttler is fucking awesome and my fave of the first LBM wave. Love everything about it.

LEGO pls just do it I'll fork over a lot of money and let the thing have my bed just give it to me.

papluh

It seems we are getting consumer grade alternative to the education based WeDo 2.0

LEGO Boost
17101 Boost Creative Toolbox, available August 2017
17101-1.jpg

• Includes over 840 LEGO pieces, plus a LEGO Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor.
  • Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, two encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light.
  • Interactive Motor is an encoded motor.
  • Color & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and color, and can also function as a light.
  • five models: Vernie the Robot, Frankie the Cat, the Guitar 4000, the Multi-Tool Rover 4 , and an Autobuilder
  • Rotate Vernie’s head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter.
  • Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments to prepare the vehicle for an array of exciting activities.
  • Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
  • Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food—or it might get upset!
  • Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
http://brickset.com/article/25818/lego-boost-press-release
https://www.lego.com/en-us/boost/

Lot of pics in the wild (not product photos/renders) here:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/lego-boost/#/
legoboost01-1.jpg

Osahi

My sharp ears haven't failed me. Heart the delivery van arrive and just rushed downstairs to get my hands on the huge Assembly Square box. This is going to be so freakin' good...

Going to build it with the wife (we pooled some of our new years gift money together) over a couple of nights. And then it will be waiting untill february 17th, when The Scutler should arrive in shops (also going to grab Penguins Arctic Roller, the Batmobile and Jokers Lowrider over the coming months, depending on price drops)

wetwired

My Higherlander Batman minfigs showed up, I can't get enough of the bat variants...

nswcq6azon7y.jpg

I sacraficed a Green Lantern Minifig (torso, legs) and a KO Leprechaun Batman (cowl, cape, gauntlets) to make a Green Bat Lantern...

ggrc3sC.jpg

Hopefully with all the bat variants LEGO does a proper green cowl to replace the dodgy KO one, it looks decidedly....uh....slow?

anyway, I think a yellow lantern is in order next

My Higherlander Batman minfigs showed up, I can't get enough of the bat variants...

nswcq6azon7y.jpg

I sacraficed a Green Lantern Minifig (torso, legs) and a KO Leprechaun Batman (cowl, cape, gauntlets) to make a Green Bat Lantern...

ggrc3sC.jpg

Hopefully with all the bat variants LEGO does a proper green cowl to replace the dodgy KO one, it looks decidedly....uh....slow?

anyway, I think a yellow lantern is in order next
I wonder if it would be possible to do all the Past Batmans.

wetwired

I wonder if it would be possible to do all the Past Batmans.

The Bat mask would be the hardest, unless there's a chima bat mask or something?

The colonist hat I don't think there's anything similar too, closest is probably abe lincolns top hat?

pirate bat LEGO has done, though with a cowl instead of beard and tri-corner hat

Cowboy one is rad, double, depending on whether you went with a custom cloth for the cape over the shoulders or got it printed?

The 20s(?) batman is relatively easy, depending on how accurate you wanted to be, there is a fedora but it would be wide brim one and likely the same used on cowboy batman

May 4th
BOTH falcon and snowspeeder UCS for $500 each
$1000 out the door = RIP wallets

we doomed :p

even though its impossible I wish Lego copied the exact same box and year for the UCS $5000 falcon so resellers can start sweatn' x be SHOOK

This Assembly Square is looking good! Might be my second Modular after Fire Brigade. Still regret missing out on Haunted House.

OMG I didn't even know the rumours existed.

There's someone on Bricklink selling one for 450 Euros new sealed. Maybe he knows something we don't.

tuffy

I want a new UCS Falcon with some accessible interior sections for figures. The old one lets you put figures in the cockpit, a figure in the top turret and the ramp lowers but that's it. If Lego is going back to it, it's time to add some playability features like some of the fan mods had done.

Markus

ToysRus.ca has added 76046 Sky High Battle to the BOGO sale online and in-store. I also noticed while at my local TrU last night that they just got stocked with about 20+ copies of the Doctor Who Ideas set.

Anyone else get the Catwoman or Arkham set and think the Catwoman head piece sits too low on the head? To me it seems it misaligned the eyes.

Plum

Ryuuroden

Uguu, assembly square is getting super close to taking over Parisians restaurants spot on top of the best modulars list. Honestly I'm pretty much ready to say it now but I haven't even started the 2nd floors yet so I don't want to call it yet. Its just, everything about it is amazing so far from the parts to techniques, to design, to layout and the ability to fit so many details in yet feel spacious.

Uguu, assembly square is getting super close to taking over Parisians restaurants spot on top of the best modulars list. Honestly I'm pretty much ready to say it now but I haven't even started the 2nd floors yet so I don't want to call it yet. Its just, everything about it is amazing so far from the parts to techniques, to design, to layout and the ability to fit so many details in yet feel spacious.

Stop it. Stop it right now.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm new to Lego GAF, so go easy on me.

My wife and I don't have creativity to figure out builds, so, we've been doing random sets. It has been a blast.

Have done the Cupid Dog, some of the 3 in 1 animal sets, Big Bang Theory, one of the Scooby Doo mummy sets, Beatles Yellow Submrarine, Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (1984), Santa's Workshop, just ordered the Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart as our first bigger set.

My wife doesn't know I've ordered Wall E because it's about to be retired, and the new Valentine's Day Romantic Picnic one.

I would LOVE to get the Ghostbusters Firehouse, and maybe the Simpsons house before even thinking of getting any of the modular buildings. Money and time. Mostly money stopping that.

Either way, .. it's really really fun as you all know.

I would LOVE to get the Ghostbusters Firehouse, and maybe the Simpsons house before even thinking of getting any of the modular buildings. Money and time. Mostly money stopping that.

Either way, .. it's really really fun as you all know.

Welcome to the thread!

IMO, the Simpsons House was a huge disappointment & I'd take every modular over it. It looks decent on display though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom