• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm one for not allowing lepin talk here. Kinda annoying. They're bootlegs that steal designs from lego and who knows what shady methods they use to get the prices that cheap. Its not like lego is that ridiculously overpriced as megablox and kre-o have around the same .10 cents per piece price. Lepin sells shit for like .3 cents per piece. There's a subreddit for that if you want to discuss it.

I said they probably. Most companies that do that sort of thing have mafia connections for financing especially in China. And the Chinese mafia is very involved in sex trafficking. Do I have proof that lepin in particular is, no, but is there overwhelming evidence and reporting that bootleg companies have many connections to mob activity, yes.

Maybe we should stick to factual comments instead of made up ones, is all.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to avoid this company without having to make up new ones.

A little heads up for anyone near a Walmart who likes polybags: was picking up some fixings for my New Years Day meal when I saw that among their clearanced holiday items was a bin full of Lego polybags marked down to $2 each. It looks like they were stocking stuffer items, because they're with other cheap, small gift items for kids. I got a Ninjago set and a Poe's X-wing, but they had others too. Probably a YMMV situation, but worth keeping an eye out for I thought.

ghostmind

I think we have enough consensus here.

One of the strengths of LEGO-GAF is that it is an open and welcoming community, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and Lepin crosses it - hard.

So let's refrain from any further discussion regarding that company and its products, please.

Ponn

Banned
I think we have enough consensus here.

One of the strengths of LEGO-GAF is that it is an open and welcoming community, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and Lepin crosses it - hard.

So let's refrain from any further discussion regarding that company and its products, please.

8Nq2h4Z.png

Might I also suggest that Megabloks is part of the rebel alliance and a traitor?

Might I also suggest that Megabloks is part of the rebel alliance and a traitor?
Megabloks is actually a legit product. More like they are the pirate radio station or something. Broadcasting stuff the main station won't, but never outright stealing.

Also, with LEGO potentially looking here more, it is safer to not discuss Lepin.

And now, to open my case of Batman CMF. Ponn and Supa Necta, I will get your sets ready to ship tomorrow!

Megabloks is actually a legit product. More like they are the pirate radio station or something. Broadcasting stuff the main station won't, but never outright stealing.

Also, with LEGO potentially looking here more, it is safer to not discuss Lepin.

And now, to open my case of Batman CMF. Ponn and SuperNecta, I will get your sets ready to ship tomorrow!

Have fun smooshing!

Really, whomever stopped at ONE modular has the strongest willpower of anyone in this thread. They need a Green Lantern ring for their willpower if they stopped at one.

leng jai

Modulars are by far the best line Lego have. Parisian Cafe is simply beautiful, but to be honest I haven't been a huge fan of the modulars they've come up with since then.

And now, to open my case of Batman CMF. Ponn and Supa Necta, I will get your sets ready to ship tomorrow!

Maybe we can shift the conversations more toward the LEGO ballshaft element. Trying to get a handle on it.

One for me, one for Ponn, one for Supa Necta...

Totally bright green with envy. Nice.

Ponn

Banned

One for me, one for Ponn, one for Supa Necta...

*SQUEEEEEE*

I'm gonna end up buying Modulars because of you people aren't I.

Wait, you haven't yet? How is that possible?

Built the lowRIDER for the Notorious J.K.R. tonight. I was tempted to update my sets of the year list but I will leave it. You can tell they put extra thought and love into these Batman movie sets from alot of the regular sets. So far some of these sets have seemed a little pricey, like this one but when you get into the build you start going ok I see it. The suspension build is pretty darn good, it allows for some classic lowrider poses. It looks good from all angles and little things like the trunk are appreciated. The figs are top notch, Batgirl is great, this joker version is pretty snazzy looking and will be good for collections and this is probably my favorite Harley fig so far. Lover her hair piece, love the attention they did to the bat coloring and even her roller skates and love her pouty face. This is going to be such a great theme, i'm completely hyped.

Call the police, i'm with a crazy lady

Only problem I have with the low rider was that the instructions told me to put the "bang" sticker on the wrong way and now I don't want to fix it cause I'm afraid the sticker will peel lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I'm thinking about a modular next month for the promo now fuck I hate this thread.

HALOID PLS

You need a central table with all the modulars connected into a huge Jang-esque metropolis! Go go go!

I know Palace is oldest but people say it's the worst of what's available. So Parisian or Detective's Office? Or something else? Hook me up LEGOGAF you already done fucked me least you can do is help me decide now.

leng jai

I know Palace is oldest but people say it's the worst of what's available. So Parisian or Detective's Office? Or something else? Hook me up LEGOGAF you already done fucked me least you can do is help me decide now.

Parisian Cafe by a country mile. Palace Cinema is one of the best for the exterior, it's the interiors where it's really weak. Depends on how you use it, if you're just going to build it and put it on a shelf for display then it doesn't really matter what the inside looks like.

ghostmind

Parisian is the best of the "new era" modulars.

However, you can't go wrong with the Detective Office.

Either one would make a great first modular.

Although the Brick Bank is awesome, I would recommend it as a second or third modular.

And then finish off your modular experience with the Assembly Square, and join us as we wait for the annual reveal of the next modular to join the theme

TheFuzz

Also built the Joker Lowrider today.

It's a damn good set, love the hydraulic action and the set is a really surprisingly dense build.

And dat Harley.

I do have one question, does anyone else's Lowrider seem "touchy" when it's completely dropped? Like if I move it or the kids play with it, the front end is likely to pop up. It's fine displaying, just wondered if I'm missing something or if that's just how it works.... anyone?

Parisian is the best of the "new era" modulars.

However, you can't go wrong with the Detective Office.

Either one would make a great first modular.

Although the Brick Bank is awesome, I would recommend it as a second or third modular.

And then finish off your modular experience with the Assembly Square, and join us as we wait for the annual reveal of the next modular to join the theme

Yeah I know I want three of the ones available for sure right now. Not sure on Assembly Square yet. Parisian, Detective, and Brick Bank are all wants but not sure I'll get all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom