• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

2H set names have been discovered (names are translated):

CITY
60153 Fun at the Beach
60154 Bus Station
60156 Jungle Buggy
60157 Jungle Starter Pack
60158 Jungle Cargo Helicopter
60159 Jungle Mission with Half-Track
60160 Jungle Mobile Laboratory
60161 Jungle Research Location
60163 Coast Guard Starter Pack
60164 Seaplane Rescue
60165 4×4 Rescue Vehicle
60166 Heavy Rescue Helicopter
60167 Coast Guard HQ
60169 Freight Terminal

CREATOR
30166 Space Shuttle Explorer
31067 Holidays at The Pool
31068 Modern House
30169 Family Villa
30170 Turbo Track Racer

Elves
41186 Azari & the Escape from the Goblins
41187 Rosalyn’s Healing Shelter
41188 Escape from the Goblin King’s Fortress

Friends
41315 Heartlake Surf Shop
41316 Andrea’s Speedboat Transport
41317 Sunshine Catamaran
41318 Heartlake Hospital
41321 Winter Sports SUV
41322 Winter Sports Ski Rink
41323 Winter Sports Ski Chalet
41324 Winter Sports Ski Lift

Marvel Super Heroes
76079 Ayesha’s Revenge
76080 Ravager Attack
76081 GotG TBA

Nexo Knights
70353 The Heligoyle
70354 Axl’s Rumble Maker
70355 Aaron’s Rock Climber
70356 The Colossus of Ultimate Destruction
70357 Knighton Castle
70361 Macy’s Bot Drop Dragon
70373 NEXO Combo Powers Wave 2

Star Wars
75166 First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack
75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack
75178 Jakku Quad Jumper
75180 Rathtar Escape
75182 Republic Fighter Tank
75183 Darth Vader Transformation
75185 Tracker I
75186 The Arrowhead
75531 Stormtrooper Commander
75532 Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike

ghostmind

Set name observations:

- a sequel to Fun at the Park? Looking forward to seeing it!
- CITY Jungle Explorers and Coast Guard? No sign of Harbour or Hospital...
- Bounty Hunter Pack is real! Now who is in it?
- the first Star Wars buildable figure with a vehicle!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope that this Darth Vader Transformation Set will have his Cape included.

Question: Is it normal that the A-Wing has a Pilot included that look nothing like the real A-Wing Pilots and is not the same helmet from the Polybag?

Looking foward to:

CITY
60153 Fun at the Beach
60154 Bus Station

CREATOR
31068 Modern House
30169 Family Villa

Friends
41317 Sunshine Catamaran

curious about the Jungle subtheme. If there is a good ammout of foliage I may be sone sets.

60156 Jungle Buggy

Funny that Friends line has an Hospital. Continuing to do what City does not.

Koren

Funny that Friends line has an Hospital. Continuing to do what City does not.
Well, City used to have them... I have the 1987 Lego Hospital (plus I think the 1980 paramedic, both 1981 ambulance van/car and 1989 rescue copter... I sure feel old, and I'm surprised I remember so well sets I probably received before being 6-7 years old)

6380-1.png

I think that they somehow decided that Police/Fire Brigade was for "boys" and Health Care for "girls", the former being the city line, the latter the friends line. I'm not surprised at all.

Yeah, the Batman figures aren't that interesting to me so I'll only get a few, preferrably at a 3 for the price of 2 deal. But I'm afraid for the next regular series where I will probably want them all again.
I'm sure I won't buy them blindly anymore, at the very least. I can see myself ordering the one I want on BL.

Osahi

Curious about the creator space shuttle...

Also: bounty hunter battle pack could be awesome. Not sure what merrits the quad jumper a set. I'd rather see some more Rogue One ships like the Imperial one they actually use in the movie a lot.

In other news. Finished bag 3 on AS. Again some very fun use of parts (the sink in the dentist office is great) and the tripod camera is very cool.

The Vader one is a remake of this old set, right?
b8s80.jpg

Remember building it.

Question: If you could choose one new set to be revealed, what kind of set would you want? I'd want a set based on this cover with place on the text for all the figures:
Does Batwoman even have a figure yet?

2H set names have been discovered (names are translated):

CITY
60153 Fun at the Beach
60154 Bus Station
60156 Jungle Buggy
60163 Coast Guard Starter Pack
60164 Seaplane Rescue
60165 4×4 Rescue Vehicle
60166 Heavy Rescue Helicopter
60167 Coast Guard HQ
60169 Freight Terminal

CREATOR
30166 Space Shuttle Explorer
31068 Modern House
30169 Family Villa
30170 Turbo Track Racer

Elves
41186 Azari & the Escape from the Goblins
41187 Rosalyn’s Healing Shelter
41188 Escape from the Goblin King’s Fortress

Friends
41316 Andrea’s Speedboat Transport
41317 Sunshine Catamaran
41318 Heartlake Hospital
41321 Winter Sports SUV
41322 Winter Sports Ski Rink
41323 Winter Sports Ski Chalet
41324 Winter Sports Ski Lift

Marvel Super Heroes
76079 Ayesha’s Revenge
76080 Ravager Attack
76081 GotG TBA

Nexo Knights
70353 The Heligoyle
70354 Axl’s Rumble Maker
70355 Aaron’s Rock Climber
70356 The Colossus of Ultimate Destruction
70357 Knighton Castle
70361 Macy’s Bot Drop Dragon
70373 NEXO Combo Powers Wave 2

Star Wars
75166 First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack
75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack
75178 Jakku Quad Jumper
75180 Rathtar Escape
75183 Darth Vader Transformation
75185 Tracker I
75186 The Arrowhead
75531 Stormtrooper Commander
75532 Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike

Okay, so 2H will be expensive too. At least one new Elves character, interesting City and Creator sets, GotG, and definitely getting the Scout Trooper... it will sit at my desk at work.

75185 Tracker I
75186 The Arrowhead

What are these?

Fighter tank was a toy only vehicle they created for the prequels, it appeared in the battlefront games. Just a small republic hover tank.

Arrowhead, not sure, but could be one of the republic cruisers, which are sometimes referred to as Arrowhead cruisers.

Woorloog

Banned
Fighter tank was a toy only vehicle they created for the prequels, it appeared in the battlefront games. Just a small republic hover tank.

Arrowhead, not sure, but could be one of the republic cruisers, which are sometimes referred to as Arrowhead cruisers.

Ah, the Republic hover tank. Never understood why it was called "fighter tank" and so i don't recall that name. Wonder why they're releasing it... will it appear in Rebels perhaps?

Sounds like the Arrowhead would be this one http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_light_cruiser
Also known as Arquitens-class.

Still leaves Tracker I... Probably some ship from Rebels?

Kyari

The Vader one is a remake of this old set, right?
b8s80.jpg

Remember building it.

Question: If you could choose one new set to be revealed, what kind of set would you want? I'd want a set based on this cover with place on the text for all the figures:

Does Batwoman even have a figure yet?

hqdefault.jpg

No and its killing me :(

ghostmind

75185 Tracker I
75186 The Arrowhead

What are these?

Republic Fighter Tank is a remake of 7679.
Tracker I and Arrowhead are from Freemaker Adventures.

Here is a link to some blurry prelim images for them, that i posted a few pages or so back: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/TfyCO

And yes, the Darth Vader transformation set it a remake of 7251, with an improved medical droid that has an action feature.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah, the Republic hover tank. Never understood why it was called "fighter tank" and so i don't recall that name. Wonder why they're releasing it... will it appear in Rebels perhaps?

Sounds like the Arrowhead would be this one http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_light_cruiser
Also known as Arquitens-class.

Still leaves Tracker I... Probably some ship from Rebels?
They still release Clone Wars Sets, Yodas Starfighter from that period gets a release in the next weeks, too.

I have too many other collectibles to have a LEGO room lol

Sell the other ones, more money for Lego!

Actually that was a problem for me, too many hobbies and collectibles, had a full room for it and not enought time to spendin each hobby. After some shit on my personal live, I decided to keep only two main hobbies and sell the other stuff. Decided to keep my stamp collection (my oldest hobby) and the most recent addiction, Lego (since the current addiction is always the strongest one). I already sold an huge inventory of car models (mainly 1:48), hotwheels, etc; some Playmobil sets, and coming to sell a really huge videogame collection, with like 2.000 boxed games since the Genesis time. That collection also includes a complete collection of Disney Infinity (including variants and rare exclusuve discs), a complete collection of Skylanders up to Superchargers (again with all variants minus the chase ones). Lego Dimensions is safe for now, of course.

Cleaning the house. Feels good, to remove that huge backlog from my head.

These Modulars certainly take some time. Way more in depth then I even expected.

That is why they are only annual events. They only come up once per year, but they make their presence known. Always one of the highlights.

I am kind of glad they moved them to January, but also miss them coming in March or so. It just seems like too much goodness crammed at the start.

leng jai

I'm still sad that none of them have really clicked with me since the Parisian Cafe (which is the GOAT). The bank looks alright, but alright isn't really enough when they cost so much and space is becoming a huge issue.

Any new stuff on the PAB wall for January? I am debating about driving to Nashville and to the LEGO store tomorrow morning and if new PAB elements are there, I will go. If not, gonna save the gas money.

Alright, LEGO GAF. Derek and the Dominos is playing on vinyl now, the bourbon is poured, and the Park Street Townhouse needs building. Seems like a good way to end the day.

i wasn't the one working the change this time. i'll have a run down on tuesday.
BAH! Too late for the drive unless I go Wednesday. But might do it tomorrow. Depends on my mood after waking up and going to a meeting at 8am on my "day off."

But thank you for the heads up. Sorry if the post seems dismissive.

iosefe

BAH! Too late for the drive unless I go Wednesday. But might do it tomorrow. Depends on my mood after waking up and going to a meeting at 8am on my "day off."

But thank you for the heads up. Sorry if the post seems dismissive.

it's fine.

it's an excavator, i remember it adds some orange pieces, but thats all i remember

Just finished the new Town House set. That was really fun. Nothing mind-blowing, but solid. It is really like a junior modular. Some tiny bit of interior detail, with a tiny bit of exterior detailing without going too overboard with either. Definitely a nice set to get your feet wet with before jumping in the deep end of modulars. I haven't gotten any of the junior modular sets (deli, bike shop, etc) these last few years, so this was my first taste. I really like what is there with this set. Also, it is a nice collection of parts.

Creator continues to be the theme to beat for...creativity.

Anyone ever get this Mega Bloks set? How was it?

Krang's Rampage

I just ordered it as it is ~$15 on Amazon US. I believe MSRP is $35.

EDIT:

Speaking of brick compatiblity, I find it a bit humorous and ironic that Mega Bloks First Builders bloks are being "cloned". Saw these at Target.

I have to admit, I did get my kids these type of blocks. I find they are much more toddler friendly and cheaper. Duplo was way to pricey for me and didn't have the lifetime prospect that LEGO system bricks do. I skipped straight to LEGO system once my kids were old enough (~4-5 yrs).

You guys were totally right about the Ewok Village, it looks fantastic on display.
The pictures don't do it justice, so glad i finally added it to my collection.

In other news; I bought the UCS Rebel Blockade Runner in a really good shape for 400$.

Stopped by the Lego Store I used to work at today for the first time in quite a while, god damn do I miss Lego. So many sets I want. Disney and Series 16 CMF on sale. Saw Cinderella's Castle in person for the first time and was totally awestruck. Jokingly asked my girlfriend where we should put it and she thinks we should get some nice glass (or, cheaper, plexiglass) display cases for sets like that. Man alive I can't wait to go back to work and make actual money so I can join the party again ;__;

ninge

When do the batman minifigs actually launch in the U.K.? I keep hoping to see them when I'm in town, but so far nothing... they are showing as in stock of the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom