• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about getting the resistance xwing fighter since its on sale for $55 at target. Cant decide if I want to pay $7 more at walmart for poe's xwing fighter. I already have a bunch of blue and grey vehicles lol

The Resistance X-Wing is the only way to get a Max Von Sydow mini figure.

Speaking of which, is his face supposed to look panicked on both sides? Mine has two faces but they both look exactly the same.

I haven't gotten the set yet...

I keep putting it off, but the Max Von Sydow figure is the main selling point for me. Even if both faces are the same, does it matter? It's Max Von Sydow!

Thinking about getting the resistance xwing fighter since its on sale for $55 at target. Cant decide if I want to pay $7 more at walmart for poe's xwing fighter. I already have a bunch of blue and grey vehicles lol

I have the 2012 X-Wing as well as Poe's and I *still* want the stupid Resistance one. I don't even have a spot for them but as Phon says, it's the only way to get Lars San Tekka (sp?). You remember him-he's that pivotal, important character from the first three minutes of TFA :)

Seriously though, I really do want that fig. I remember walking out of the movie thinking, "Well I guess we'll find out who he is in a side-story movie".

You also get a better version of Poe so that counts for something.

Canada land. Of the 30 sets I've gotten from them in the last month this is the only one that has arrived like this. Still hurts though.

I may have asked before but where are you in Canada?

Good job on snagging 30 sets in one month. You're doing the lord's work.

Ordered the resistance x wing. Cant wait. Probably will be my last large set for a while cause Im running out of space fast. Filled up a lot of space from all the stuff I got in the holidays. Might have to start even disassembling my older stuff Ive gotten bored of to get more space lol. I'll need to finally sort through all my pieces into bins so that I wont lose anything and will always be able to rebuild anything first.

Nodnol

Rumors of several ships that are due to be in Episode VIII, one of which that is coming to Lego this year.

MakingStarWars have a story on it but I appreciate some like to be as blind as possible when it comes to rumours.

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/01/rumors-on-star-wars-episode-viiis-tie-fighters/

First Order TIE Advanced - Kylo's ship, supposedly looks similar to a TIE Striker

And supposedly coming to Lego....

First Order TIE Bomber...the end of any hope for an Imperial one?

Maddog

I may have asked before but where are you in Canada?

Good job on snagging 30 sets in one month. You're doing the lord's work.

I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario. It's convenient because it seems no one in this city buys Lego so I never really have a problem finding sets at stores.

Thanks. Clearance Star Wars Lego + Lego Batman Movie Sets are the bane of my existence.

I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario. It's convenient because it seems no one in this city buys Lego so I never really have a problem finding sets at stores.

Thanks. Clearance Star Wars Lego + Lego Batman Movie Sets are the bane of my existence.

Ah, cool - I'm in Oakville. We also have the benefit of 4 official LEGO stores in the city (Sherway, Vaughn Mills, Yorkdale & Fairview). Sadly we lost Lasting Toys last summer - I still miss that place.

I have had a difficult time finding many clearance (40% off or more) sets over the last few years. I stumble across the odd thing now and then but it's not like it used to be.

3N16MA

Banned
Ah, cool - I'm in Oakville. We also have the benefit of 4 official LEGO stores in the city (Sherway, Vaughn Mills, Yorkdale & Fairview). Sadly we lost Lasting Toys last summer - I still miss that place.

I have had a difficult time finding many clearance (40% off or more) sets over the last few years. I stumble across the odd thing now and then but it's not like it used to be.

I forgot about the Fairview LEGO store.

Clearance stuff seems to get picked up quickly in the Mississauga/Brampton area. Need to act fast.

Looks like the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack set is a real thing according to a Kevii23 on Eurobricks. Dengar, Bossk, IG88 and another bounty hunter that is unconfirmed at this point. Looking to be a great set for minifigs.

Ordered the Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman today plus 32 euro of other small stuff which I otherwise wouldn't have bought most likely, at least not at this time.

How is the Gungan sub guys?
Really on the fence with buying it. Probably last chance to get it for retail price...

Ordered the Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman today plus 32 euro of other small stuff which I otherwise wouldn't have bought most likely, at least not at this time.

Really on the fence with buying it. Probably last chance to get it for retail price...

The Amidala figure is terrific. I'm really not a fan of any of the Phantom Menace ship designs but this one works really well in LEGO form. It's super chunky and the spinning tendril things look great.

kms_md

In the process of moving to a house with less office and work space, I am thinning out the herd of my unbuilt collection. I plan on selling the sets that are listed below on ebay, however, I wanted to give those on GAF an early shot. I am the original owner of all the items and they have been stored in a smoke free environment. The Star Wars UCS sets are factory sealed and unopened. The others are without the box but are otherwise complete and unopened. I have not completed my research on pricing - I plan to offer what the rough average of completed ebay sales, amazon marketplace, and Bricklink are. If you are interested please PM me. I will only accept Paypal and only ship within the US as I will be exclusively using priority mail.

Town Hall <gone>
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Simpson's House
UCS Tumbler
UCS Red 5 X Wing
UCS TIE Fighter
UCS B Wing
UCS R2D2
F1 Racer (42000)

I have not yet decided if I will be selling the SWTOR sets - Sith Interceptor, Jedi Strike Fighter, or Republic Defender (which are all new and factory sealed).

PM if interested. I can send photos (it may take the weekend to get all the pictures gathered).

I have posted the full list of sets, prices, and imgur links in the B/S/T thread here. Please PM for questions.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Any news or rumours of a minifig scale Millenium Falcon? I still need to pick up the Force Awakens edition but im scared it'll be retired soon.

Its surely got a year left at least?

iosefe

Rumors of several ships that are due to be in Episode VIII, one of which that is coming to Lego this year.

MakingStarWars have a story on it but I appreciate some like to be as blind as possible when it comes to rumours.

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/01/rumors-on-star-wars-episode-viiis-tie-fighters/

First Order TIE Advanced - Kylo's ship, supposedly looks similar to a TIE Striker

i mentioned it in the other thread, but it is obviously adapted from the
Sith Fury-Class Interceptor
. some minor ish differences, but definitely soemthing

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8175/8067590536_802ec57b50_z.jpg

I just finished watching the OT again, and now I want:

a Y-Wing
a B-Wing
an Imperial Shuttle
the Ewok Village
the new AT-ST
the Death Star
the new Lando figure
Jabba's palace

everythingisproceedingasihaveforeseen.gif

is Kiss Kiss Tuxedo a movie reference or something from the comics?

Only reason to get Gundam sub is to get the Amidala minifig IMO.

Any news or rumours of a minifig scale Millenium Falcon? I still need to pick up the Force Awakens edition but im scared it'll be retired soon.

Its surely got a year left at least?

I seem the recall previous falcon was in retail for more than 2 years, but was fairly scarce after 2 Year mark. Check Brickset.

Koren

Any news or rumours of a minifig scale Millenium Falcon?
Never?

Or that depend on how close to minifig scale you want to be (or even exactly how you compute minifig-scale, since minifigs are too large for their height)

Even the UCS Falcon set isn't minifig-scale, even if it's not far. It should be ~20% longer. A 20% larger ship means something like 70% more pieces, we would get close to $1000...

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Never?

Or that depend on how close to minifig scale you want to be (or even exactly how you compute minifig-scale, since minifigs are too large for their height)

Even the UCS Falcon set isn't minifig-scale, even if it's not far. It should be ~20% longer. A 20% larger ship means something like 70% more pieces, we would get close to $1000...
Wey! My bad wording there.

I know there's talk about a new UCS model on the way but wasnt sure if 75105 was being replaced just yet. Hope not- im scared of remake tax.

DonShula

Wey! My bad wording there.

I know there's talk about a new UCS model on the way but wasnt sure if 75105 was being replaced just yet. Hope not- im scared of remake tax.

Surely the current model is good for Episode VIII, right? We got our preview of Rey and Chewie at the helm from Episode VII and both are already included. I can't see any reason to release a new model so soon unless Episode VIII mysteriously turns the cockpit red or something...

Ryuuroden

Surely the current model is good for Episode VIII, right? We got our preview of Rey and Chewie at the helm from Episode VII and both are already included. I can't see any reason to release a new model so soon unless Episode VIII mysteriously turns the cockpit red or something...

That is something Disney would do..... Maybe the new one will be the only set with luke but otherwise be the same....dohohoho

Taisaijin

Looks like a leak hit /r/ from CMF 17. Get your puns chambered.

cobbled.JPG

Finished third set of bags on the Parisian Restaurant. Building the second floor I thought was pretty cool but it didn't really settle in until I attached it to the first floor how fucking amazing this thing looks. Good meaty builds too. Really enjoying it.

ghostmind

I know it's a long way away, but this year's Star Wars Advent Calendar will include minifigs and builds from the Force Awakens (as well as the OT/PT).

And the Bounty Hunter battle pack is reported as including Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 and 4-LOM.

Sort_68fcbf_275729.jpg

But not make an hour drive sorta want. Thanks!

To make up for my incorrect answer last time, an update on PAB from my trip today.

I completely forgot about "Fan Favorite" stuff. There are 4 bins labeled "Fan Favorite", but 3 of the bins still have the sand green ones and the light gray 2x2 with tow ball receptacle from last quarter. 4th one though had new item. It was white 1x1 plate with vertical tooth. I grabbed a bunch of them.
Is everyone else's LEGO store the same with "Fan Favorite" bins?

6046905.jpg

I am hopeful we'll see the other teeth variations in PAB now that Mixels theme is done.

My toothy MOC using only items from my PAB cup.
0fN5I1Wm.jpg

EDIT: The 1x2 trans clear bricks at my LEGO store had scuff marks. I've noticed in the past some batches are nice and clean and others have scuff marks you can see if you hold it up to the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom