• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

When do the batman minifigs actually launch in the U.K.? I keep hoping to see them when I'm in town, but so far nothing... they are showing as in stock of the website.

Don't now it's the same in the UK as mainland Europe, but Amazon.de has all the Batman Movie sets and CMF listed for release on january 17th. S@H started selling them january first...

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
When do the batman minifigs actually launch in the U.K.? I keep hoping to see them when I'm in town, but so far nothing... they are showing as in stock of the website.
My nearest independent toy shop got them today. They're listed on the Argos website too, I suspect they'll be out in store. No sign in my Tesco yet. Just slowly rolling out everywhere I think.

I ordered the Clayface and Joker Balloon sets from Amazon last week but they're waiting on more stock atm :/

Excited to get through the second set of bags for the Parisian Restaurant tonight. I'm gonna be having a backlog come Tuesday when the Pet Shop arrives!

Woorloog

Banned
A friend claimed he had read there might be a new UCS Millenium Falcon this year. Has there been anything indicating that might be the case? The only thing i recall is that the Snowspeeder would get an UCS set this year.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
A friend claimed he had read there might be a new UCS Millenium Falcon this year. Has there been anything indicating that might be the case? The only thing i recall is that the Snowspeeder would get an UCS set this year.

Makes zero sense IMO since the Han Solo movie is released next year.

I often do It on unsymmetrical builds just for the fun and challenge ;)

I admit I would like to do the same once I get Detective office.

Also today's build:

HYemWjI.jpg

iosefe

2x2 white bow piece could be cool to get in bulk. And is that 1x2 white tile or 2x2? 2x2 could be handy to get in bulk.

upon further inspection and remmebering, the grey round tiles stuck around and those are udner the arm. the white piece next to them is probably a grill piece like the one on the back

I admit I would like to do the same once I get Detective office.

Also today's build:

Congrats Chiaroscuro! Looks like a nice edition to the architecture range. Still not started my Imperial Hotel yet due to the beast that is the Porsche.

Edit: ^^^ What the funk Ponn? ^^^ I've never seen Amazon ship anything in that way before. Twats.

Ponn

Banned
Congrats Chiaroscuro! Looks like a nice edition to the architecture range. Still not started my Imperial Hotel yet due to the beast that is the Porsche.

Edit: ^^^ What the funk Ponn? ^^^ I've never seen Amazon ship anything in that way before. Twats.

I feel your pain.

Yea thats crappy cost cutting way to ship anything. Walmart has done that to me with Lego sets but I had yet to have Amazon do that till now. I'm actually surprised the box wasn't all smashed up. Still nice set there Maddog, have fun building that.

WOW. You chat with customer service yet? That's easily a credit. Hell, tell them you bought it to keep the box in good condition and they'll probably send you another one.

The box isn't smashed and the label actually peeled off without leaving marks so i'm not going to bother. I had to complain a couple times over the holidays and apparently they have an actually real list of high complainers and if you return to much or ask for too many credits they ban you. So i'm careful with my battles with them.

Amazon shipped my Parisian Restaurant in its own box but now I'm questioning buying LEGO through them good lord that's some Toys R Us bullshit right there.

Do the advent calendars ever go on sale after Christmas is over? My local Walmart still has the Star Wars one on the shelf for full price. I would have thought they would clearance them after the holiday was over....

DonShula

On the subject of shipping, I have to say that jet.com did an amazing job packaging my last and only Lego order from them. Sturdy box and tons of good quality paper to keep the product safe. Basically the opposite of those two pictures up there.

I don't know how it works in US, but the only time I got sonething without a proper package it was a Guitar Hero pack from Walmart. It was on sale, but I asked for a refund (in store credits to be faster) and return it. Bought it again from Walmart, but request it packed as a gift (which costs a little more than 50c here). The gift package forces any retail chain to place the good insude another box. It is a shity gift package but from that day I always mark that option to guarantee that I get a proper packaging.

Edited: But even that does not guarantee that the store will not ship the item in a bobble envelope, got a smashed Lego box that way a few days ago...

3N16MA

Banned
Walmart actually does a good job of packaging LEGO boxes. They stuff the packaging box with massive amounts of bubble wrap.

Amazon shipped my Parisian Restaurant in its own box but now I'm questioning buying LEGO through them good lord that's some Toys R Us bullshit right there.

Any reason you just don't order directly from LEGO? Unless Amazon discounts are better than VIP on exclusives.

Any reason you just don't order directly from LEGO? Unless Amazon discounts are better than VIP on exclusives.

Wanted it for the weekend was the only real reason (well and I had a gift card). Now that Amazon charges tax in my state (which I of course always noted on my taxes every year) there isn't a lot of advantage otherwise. Need to start building up some VIP points anyway.

3N16MA

Banned
Wanted it for the weekend was the only real reason (well and I had a gift card). Now that Amazon charges tax in my state (which I of course always noted on my taxes every year) there isn't a lot of advantage otherwise. Need to start building up some VIP points anyway.

Makes sense if you wanted it quickly. Nothing beats Prime.

Walmart routinely slaps a shipping label on Modular and UCS sets. No outer box. I have a Town Hall and Slave 1 to attest to that.

Amazon doing this is a new wrinkle I have not yet encountered.

DonShula

Except having a LEGO store in town. *sniff. I want one. Sniff. *

It's quite nice. Always great customer service. I just wish the store was a bit larger. They of course have the hard-to-finds and brick wall but their selection is actually smaller than the local Toys R Us stores'.

I have two that are close enough.

It's quite nice. Always great customer service. I just wish the store was a bit larger. They of course have the hard-to-finds and brick wall but their selection is actually smaller than the local Toys R Us stores'.

It's funny, because they finally opened one in CT right across from my job months before I moved away. At least I had a few months of one being close by.

Plum

Quick question: If I use VIP points on a purchase do I get VIP points for the rest of the purchase? Asking because I plan to use my £20 in VIP towards the Parisian Restaraunt and Mini Cooper in a few weeks time.

3N16MA

Banned
Quick question: If I use VIP points on a purchase do I get VIP points for the rest of the purchase? Asking because I plan to use my £20 in VIP towards the Parisian Restaraunt and Mini Cooper in a few weeks time.

You will get points for the rest of your purchase.

gsrjedi

Do the advent calendars ever go on sale after Christmas is over? My local Walmart still has the Star Wars one on the shelf for full price. I would have thought they would clearance them after the holiday was over....

My local Lego store had the Star Wars advent calendar on clearance for $32 this weekend.

Which reminds me. I almost threw away Snowbacca. I thought I opened all of the windows and just happened to realize I never got him. Luckily it was the same day I had put the box in the trash. But that would've sucked.

At Target today and saw the LEGO Movie SPECIAL SPECIAL Edition. How did I miss that releasing? It has a second disc of all new special features. I think I am double dipping.

Thinking about getting the resistance xwing fighter since its on sale for $55 at target. Cant decide if I want to pay $7 more at walmart for poe's xwing fighter. I already have a bunch of blue and grey vehicles lol

Ponn

Banned
Amazon always puts LEGO sets in a box for my orders. Let us know what customer service says. Also, was it fulfilled by Amazon or 3rd party?

You in the U.S. too?
I'm curious if others also have gotten LEGO sets shipped that way in the US.

It was from Amazon. This is the first Amazon has done shipped Lego sets to me like this but they have shipped other stuff like this in the past like the Instantpot I got for black friday.

Walmart was always shipping Lego sets like this thats why I stopped buying any Lego from them. I'm hoping this is not a new trend for Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom