• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
I know it's a long way away, but this year's Star Wars Advent Calendar will include minifigs and builds from the Force Awakens (as well as the OT/PT).

And the Bounty Hunter battle pack is reported as including Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 and 4-LOM.

Awesome. Still weird that they didn't include any RO or TFA characters in the 2016 one. Wouldn't have been that hard.

And that bounty hunter pack is a dream come true.

mrkgoo

I stumbled on this today, I guess I can only be flattered cause there's not much else I can do about it..

EQr0BQv.jpg
mimesml.jpg

:/

Osahi

The wife and I have one bag left on Assembly Square. We're only 11 days in, but this might allready be the set of 2017. Not only is the build amazing, it looks amazing too, and it is packed with detail, nice techniques, etc.

The ground floors are easily the best parts, as the upper ones are a bit less detailed then the bakery, flowershop and café (though the dentist office is great, and the Lego-fan flat is in Bag 6, so that might hold some suprises still). Bag 5 also has some repetition, as you build two floors of the left building, which are almost identical on the outside...

Coming together, the thing is possitively big too. The buildings themselves have a small footprint, but together it's an amazing result. I have it positioned between the brownstone building of pet shop and the bank, and the square really pops.

Also, this is small, but I appreciate them placing some studded tiles on the square and sidewalk so much. It's way more convenient to place minifigs that way...

iosefe

My local store got a different sand green piece in.

1X1 sand green with studs on 2 sides, opposite. Might be at other stores too

2017 is starting strong with bargains.
I just got the UCS Tie Interceptor in a perfect condition for 180$.

Congrats. What a score!

I stumbled on this today, I guess I can only be flattered cause there's not much else I can do about it..

EQr0BQv.jpg
mimesml.jpg

There is no bigger compliment.

is Kiss Kiss Tuxedo a movie reference or something from the comics?

Only reason to get Gundam sub is to get the Amidala minifig IMO.

No idea, not a huge Batman fan but this was just an hilarious outfit.

Thanks for the advice.

The Amidala figure is terrific. I'm really not a fan of any of the Phantom Menace ship designs but this one works really well in LEGO form. It's super chunky and the spinning tendril things look great.

Thanks for the advice. Decided not to go for it, after watching it motion on the Brick Show, the advice of you guys and considering the price per piece ratio (Over 20 cents per piece now) and it not being all that iconic.

The minfig of Amidala is awesome. But is it not enough to spend 85 euro on the set to me. She will come around again someday.

mclem

I'm partway through gathering parts towards making my own Cafe Corner, and it's going okay, with a number of the rarer parts secured through cheapish versions of lower-profile sets - at some point soon I'll be looking to catalogue what I've got and separate the parts out, and find out what I'm missing.

However, two - somewhat odd - questions in relation to that:

First, what sort of volume does the collection take up? I suspect my current range of plastic tubs are a bit on the small side, so I'll be shopping for an appropriate receptacle in due course.

And secondly, is there a resource around that has a parts breakdown per bag? It'd be nice to have the parts pre-sorted before I worry about construction, because I'm not quite psychologically ready for the whole "Mix the bags" experience!

Koren

Surely the current model is good for Episode VIII, right? We got our preview of Rey and Chewie at the helm from Episode VII and both are already included. I can't see any reason to release a new model so soon unless Episode VIII mysteriously turns the cockpit red or something...
Speaking of this...

UCS Errant Venture?

DonShula

I finally looked up that Amidala minifig. Finally makes sense. I thought people were just that interested in the character. I had no idea it was fancy.

Yeah, all first wave Lego Batman the Movie sets were released today in Brazil, including the minifigure series:

Complete set success!

But a doubt: These two pieces came with the Barbara Gordon figure, but I can see them in the include instruction paper. What they are supposed to be, a badge?

Yeah, all first wave Lego Batman the Movie sets were released today in Brazil, including the minifigure series:

Complete set success!

But a doubt: These two pieces came with the Barbara Gordon figure, but I can see them in the include instruction paper. What they are supposed to be, a badge?

Supposed to be like a Bat light that she holds. Don't let Diggeh see this post though he isn't too kind to people not knowing what these pieces are for (I had the same issue).

Supposed to be like a Bat light that she holds. Don't let Diggeh see this post though he isn't too kind to people not knowing what these pieces are for (I had the same issue).

Thanks!!!

But how I am supposed to know if it is not in her image at the series paper? Plus the minifig can hold the yellow round but how can it hold the 1x1 black brick while it is attached to the round one?

Thanks. But how I am supposed to know if it not in her image at the series paper? Plus the minifig can hold the yellow round but how can it hold the 1x1 black brick while it is attached to the round one?

You're supposed to put her hand in the back of the 1x1 tile, with the other piece attached to the top.

I got an early start on Assembly Square, laying down all the tiles in bag 1 before I build it with a friend on Saturday. Since this will be replacing my old city square, I built it on a 48x48 baseplate with my own standard street design so it fits in. I also saved a bunch of 2x2 spaces for jumpers to add more figures to the sidewalk.

Already it's looking interesting. There's some cool building to essentially make triangular tile designs, and there's a ton of those new bezel corner tiles.

The Amidala figure is terrific. I'm really not a fan of any of the Phantom Menace ship designs but this one works really well in LEGO form. It's super chunky and the spinning tendril things look great.

Only reason to get Gundam sub is to get the Amidala minifig IMO.

The minfig of Amidala is awesome. But is it not enough to spend 85 euro on the set to me. She will come around again someday.

I finally looked up that Amidala minifig. Finally makes sense. I thought people were just that interested in the character. I had no idea it was fancy.

I've been collecting Star Wars minifigures of Jedi and Sith, but I even end up collecting Amidala. That minifigure is really amazing. Unique hairpiece and dress with lotsa details. Definitely stands out in my minifig display case. It's one of my favourite minifig now.

I needed both Qui Gon and Obi Wan minifig, so getting the whole set was fine to me. Jar Jar can go die in a fire.

/sidetrack The Anti-Cheese edition of The Phantom Menace makes Jar Jar much more bearable. His antics are cut down and he no longer speaks terrible English.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys pls how do so many people not know what to do with a 1x1 tile and stud

Granted, it's kinda weird that they don't mention it in the instructions, but I--

HALOID PLS

LEGO GAF doesn't know the Action Figure GAF teasing!

Guys pls how do so many people not know what to do with a 1x1 tile and stud

Granted, it's kinda weird that they don't mention it in the instructions, but I--

l knew what to do with it (my first try was exactly what people described) however I could not see "what" it was supposed to be. Still think it does not make sense as a sign.

And being no where in the package, box or leaflet is reaaly strange, so yeah, it was easier to ask than to search for it (blame me).

Mastermind Toys has discounted three LEGO Star Wars sets quite heavily. Check your local stock.

Wookie Gunship - $36 (regularly $89)
Tie Advanced & A Wing - $48 (regularly $120)
Imperial Assault Carrier - $60 (regularly $149)

ghostmind

Mastermind Toys has discounted three LEGO Star Wars sets quite heavily. Check your local stock.

Just got the email - those prices are insane, especially for the TIE set, which was just released this past June.

Those ball joint receptacles in dark green from the Mighty Dino set will be useful. Curious what other sets will use those.

Edit: Brickset doesn't list it in any other sets, but it's highly unlikely LEGO did it in that color just for that set. Possible, but it does add costs. They usually do one off colors like that for LEGO ideas or other "special" sets.

I'll be in Niagara Falls Ontario on Sunday. Any good Lego shopping spots nearby? We're taking our son to Great Wolf Lodge for his birthday.

Just got the email - those prices are insane, especially for the TIE set, which was just released this past June.

No kidding! I checked soon after posting and it looks like the inventory has already been wiped out. I purchased the Imperial Assault Carrier when it was 40% off so at least it's not a total loss. That set is actually way bigger than I realized.

I'll be in Niagara Falls Ontario on Sunday. Any good Lego shopping spots nearby? We're taking our son to Great Wolf Lodge for his birthday.

Have you gone to GWL before? Do yourself a favor and pack some snacks and drinks so you don't get gouged at the restaurant/bar. Also be prepared to spend a ton of time at the arcade. That place is like kid crack.

Have fun!

There really aren't any good LEGO shopping spots in the area. The closest one is probably on your side of the border at the K*Mart on Grand Island...they periodically flush out stock since it doesn't seem to move quickly. I haven't checked in six months though.

There's a Toys R Us in St Catherines but it's pretty unremarkable.

Huh. The police station, the polar station, Destiny's Bounty, the Minecraft desert set, the diving boat, possibly the Nexo volcano and the A-Wing+TIE set are all 50% off around here too. I think I need to drop by and see if there's anything neat to pick up. The A-Wing must be a really poor seller - no wonder. But with an A-Wing I already don't need and another A-Wing I will have to get eventually, I don' really feel like getting one more.

Oooh, nice. I'm not going to miss out on getting the Milano this time around.

Can't wait for the second Ant Man movie to come out either, since I hope it'll have another one as good as the little Final Battle set which I also missed out on.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
The OG Milano is one of my display faves.

This one looks smaller? Maybe a Quinjet V3 scenario again. Wallet and I happy to pass on it if that's the case.

Can't wait for the second Ant Man movie to come out either, since I hope it'll have another one as good as the little Final Battle set which I also missed out on.

I'm feeling that way about the new Batman Scarecrow set. I asked before but didn't see an answer - can someone let me know which Batman Movie sets are store-exclusives? I'll try to snag them first from the LEGO store.

I'm feeling that way about the new Batman Scarecrow set. I asked before but didn't see an answer - can someone let me know which Batman Movie sets are store-exclusives? I'll try to snag them first from the LEGO store.

Arctic Roller is Target
Scarecrow Pizza Delivery is Walmart
Arkham Asylum is Toys R Us

Ponn

Banned
Worried about the size of that Milano but honestly I have the original and it was damn near perfect so it doesn't matter. In fact I probably won't get all of the GoTG sets except for new characters like that Mantis fig or vastly improved figs or baby Groot. Gotta get Baby Groot. Looks like the two smaller sets will have me covered with all I need.

Also PSA Jang reviewed the new Ms. Marvel set and damn, i'm hyped for that set now. He showed a really cool trick with that Kamala fig that I honestly didn't think about or considered that I will be doing. And now I really really want official FF figs now that they can do Mr. Fantastic. Love those new energy fist accessories. Now I need Ryu and Ken figs to do Dragon Punches with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom