• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
64DF71BE-56AE-4998-A8D2-EFA9D4CF03E6_zpskmceojg6.jpg

Oooh, a pink sarlacc. Is that the set from the next Star Wars movie? ;)

Ponn

Banned
Looks like a lot more of the detail on Milano 2.0 is expressed through bricks instead of stickers

I approve

I hate to be a negative nancy but what I loved about the Milano 1.0 is the feathered type wing builds.

With this smaller build they seem to be going with rigid corner plates. It also looks to be missing that cool removable middle build. Just a warning, the Milano 1.0 can still be found for a reasonable after market price but that might change when GoTG 2 comes out and if this new set doesn't end up too hot.

I hate to be a negative nancy but what I loved about the Milano 1.0 is the feathered type wing builds.

With this smaller build they seem to be going with rigid corner plates. It also looks to be missing that cool removable middle build. Just a warning, the Milano 1.0 can still be found for a reasonable after market price but that might change when GoTG 2 comes out and if this new set doesn't end up too hot.

They still look like you can position them freely like before. It is just using the mini ball joints now.

Also PSA Jang reviewed the new Ms. Marvel set and damn, i'm hyped for that set now. He showed a really cool trick with that Kamala fig that I honestly didn't think about or considered that I will be doing. And now I really really want official FF figs now that they can do Mr. Fantastic. Love those new energy fist accessories. Now I need Ryu and Ken figs to do Dragon Punches with.

Watched the review. Sad they didn't have a 2nd torso with regular arms. I will wait to see if people are able to mod it and put regular arms on which means I probably need two of that set. That also means *gasp* cutting the arms.

I liked Jang's speculation we may get Plasticman in the future using that same technique. Unfortunately, I don't know if we'll see LEGO FF any time in the near future. Marvel (now owned by Disney) has a strong beef with Fox which owns the rights for FF movies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davegon...nd-fantastic-four-merchandising/#6e6c78175857

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/05/marvel-comics-is-not-marvel-licensing-the-x-men-and-fantastic-fo/

Watched the review. Sad they didn't have a 2nd torso with regular arms. I will wait to see if people are able to mod it and put regular arms on which means I probably need two of that set. That also means *gasp* cutting the arms.

I liked Jang's speculation we may get Plasticman in the future using that same technique. Unfortunately, I don't know if we'll see LEGO FF any time in the near future. Marvel (now owned by Disney) has a strong beef with Fox which owns the rights for FF movies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davegon...nd-fantastic-four-merchandising/#6e6c78175857

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/05/marvel-comics-is-not-marvel-licensing-the-x-men-and-fantastic-fo/

I think some of that (with X-Men) at least has softened - those articles are two years old.

Also - isn't Plasticman DC??

I think some of that (with X-Men) at least has softened - those articles are two years old.

Also - isn't Plasticman DC??

He was talking about Fantastic Four and Mr. Fantastic. We can see a Plasticman (DC) in the future, yes.

And, no, I don´t think things between Disney and Fox have softened.

He was talking about Fantastic Four and Mr. Fantastic. We can see a Plasticman (DC) in the future, yes.

And, no, I don´t think things between Disney and Fox have softened.

I thought maybe there was another similarly named Marvel character I didn't know about.

Wasn't there a thread here in December where someone posted a bunch of evidence that Marvel is being a bit more lenient with the "mutants" thing in their licenses (toys, games etc.) in the last couple of years. I could be wrong though.

LEGO has plenty of DC in their repertoire...

Oh I know, I literally thought BentBricks was talking about a Fox Film owned Marvel character called Plasticman - obviously he meant Mr Fantastic.

I've actually got a LEGO Plasticman fig somewhere.

Just built the resistance x wing. It's great! Its bigger than I thought it would be. Nice to get a some more sand blue pieces too. I'm only worried about the rubber bands wearing out quickly cause I intend to display it in its open position. Maybe I'll just bricklink a few spares to be safe.

I thought maybe there was another similarly named Marvel character I didn't know about.

Wasn't there a thread here in December where someone posted a bunch of evidence that Marvel is being a bit more lenient with the "mutants" thing in their licenses (toys, games etc.) in the last couple of years. I could be wrong though.

Oh I know, I literally thought BentBricks was talking about a Fox Film owned Marvel character called Plasticman - obviously he meant Mr Fantastic.

I've actually got a LEGO Plasticman fig somewhere.

Sorry about the confusion. I was talking two separate topics. I meant DC Plasticman. There already was a promo Plasticman polybag (the one you mentioned) that came with a video game or something, but I hope we see one in a set using same arms as Ms. Marvel. It was the Mr. Fantastic reference that made me think of Plasticman with the long arms.

Disney is not happy with Fox making hundreds of millions of dollars with Disney's IP. There are some "amicable" business deals they make such as the Negasonic Teenage Warhead (change her powers in Deadpool movie) trade for another character used in Galaxy of Guardians 2. I'm not positive, but I don't believe Disney had any toys related to the latest X-Men movie as not to promote Fox movies based on their characters.

Anyway, BABY GROOT!!!

bosseye

Ha! Almost looks like a photoshop. Amazing.

Ok guys, is it acceptable to post a link to my lego ideas project here? I need supporters and I don't do social media really. I suppose I could resurrect my old Facebook account though. I have 78 supporters so far, it would be nice to hit 100 and get the extra year to try and drum up more interest. It's only a very simple Lego City project for my son, I have no real hopes of it getting to 10,000 but it's nice to try.

Thanks either way.

How did you end up with two Orca's / Calculator? I swear those are the easiest to feel.
1. The LBM figures are the first time I've caved on buying blind bag anything since I was like six years old, putting a quarter into one of those machines hoping for a sticky hand and not another superball.

2. Condiment King.

Anyway, I think I've been snakebite enough now. Not gonna do it again.

Ok guys, is it acceptable to post a link to my lego ideas project here? I need supporters and I don't do social media really. I suppose I could resurrect my old Facebook account though. I have 78 supporters so far, it would be nice to hit 100 and get the extra year to try and drum up more interest. It's only a very simple Lego City project for my son, I have no real hopes of it getting to 10,000 but it's nice to try.

Thanks either way.

Yes. Please do.

Ponn

Banned
They still look like you can position them freely like before. It is just using the mini ball joints now.

yea I see a couple fin pieces but if you look just at the top alone you see its missing the two poseable wing-type pieces on the top of Milano 1.0, they have those stud shooters there instead (also gives a good idea of scale compared to Milano 1.0). Overall the Milano 1.0 is just slick as hell with those technic wings and fin parts and how they feathered out. I'm not feeling that with this this one. I don't mean to bring it down for anyone that missed the first one but its definitely a downgrade to me. It worries me that they have gone smaller and smaller with these ships and that we won't get ships like Quinjet 1.0 or Milano 1.0 anymore.

Yea I feel if there wasn't any pushback going on with licensing issues we would have had at least one FF set by now. That is like the perfect Lego kid friendly super hero line they could make. They also would have countless builds with that theme. I doubt they will do another Plastic Man fig unless he suddenly gets super popular for some reason. An FF line though would make heavy use of those arms between Mr. Fantastic and Super Skrull.

Thanks either way.
That's from Times Square a few years ago. Quite cool

Yea I feel if there wasn't any pushback going on with licensing issues we would have had at least one FF set by now. That is like the perfect Lego kid friendly super hero line they could make. They also would have countless builds with that theme. I doubt they will do another Plastic Man fig unless he suddenly gets super popular for some reason. An FF line though would make heavy use of those arms between Mr. Fantastic and Super Skrull.

We were lucky to get a Dr Doom minifig which I think was sneaked under the Ultimate Soider-Man cartoon sets.

Speaking of Skrulls, I've been wondering when they would show up in the movies. Maybe the Captail Marvel movie would be an opportunity to bring in Skrulls.

After a bit of searching James Gunn stated Marvel Studios only owns "part" of the movie rights to Skrulls. Definitely Super Skrulls is a FF villain so maybe that is why we may not see Skrulls. Sadness. Not familiar with Badoon aliens, but Gunn also stated Marvel doesn't have the movie rights for them too. Supposed to be aliens Guardians of Galaxy in comics deal with.

bosseye

Yes. Please do.

Ok then. Thanks.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/163512

It's a lego city style dustbin/trash truck (I know, be still your beating hearts). It would lovely if people could support if they feel it suitable, but obviously I'm open to constructive criticisms.

It's not a world beating model, it's not vastly exciting or endlessly interesting but I was quite pleased with it and my son likes it. There is some amazing stuff, (the modular sets, fantastic vehicles, great figures etc) on the ideas website but I wanted to do something smaller, cheaper, the kind of thing you'd buy your kids as an impulse present because they've been good and it's £15, that sort of lego.

Ok then. Thanks.

It's a lego city style dustbin/trash truck (I know, be still your beating hearts). It would lovely if people could support if they feel it suitable, but obviously I'm open to constructive criticisms.

It's not a world beating model, it's not vastly exciting or endlessly interesting but I was quite pleased with it and my son likes it. There is some amazing stuff, (the modular sets, fantastic vehicles, great figures etc) on the ideas website but I wanted to do something smaller, cheaper, the kind of thing you'd buy your kids as an impulse present because they've been good and it's £15, that sort of lego.

It's a cute compact model with some nice detail to it. I like it. :)

Ok then. Thanks.

Supported!

Ponn

Banned
We were lucky to get a Dr Doom minifig which I think was sneaked under the Ultimate Soider-Man cartoon sets.

Speaking of Skrulls, I've been wondering when they would show up in the movies. Maybe the Captail Marvel movie would be an opportunity to bring in Skrulls.

After a bit of searching James Gunn stated Marvel Studios only owns "part" of the movie rights to Skrulls. Definitely Super Skrulls is a FF villain so maybe that is why we may not see Skrulls. Sadness. Not familiar with Badoon aliens, but Gunn also stated Marvel doesn't have the movie rights for them too. Supposed to be aliens Guardians of Galaxy in comics deal with.

The badoon? That's a weird group to be tied to FF rights. Skrulls I can understand but the Badoon is odd. Oh well, hopefully one day all this shit gets sorted out so we can get a Silver Surfer fig.

Ok then. Thanks.

Supported but I was a little disappointed you didn't alter it a little and include a port a potty. I support all port a potty sets.

Rootbeer

Banned
Baby Groot looking good. Not sure that new Milano in the GotGv2 set will surpass the original, but I'll be getting all 3 sets regardless.

ghostmind

BrickFan is reporting from a source stating that 75144 UCS Snowspeeder will be released on "May the 4th" for $199.99.

I'm thinking we might get our first look at it at the NYTF.

BrickFan is reporting from a source stating that 75144 UCS Snowspeeder will be released on "May the 4th" for $199.99.

I'm thinking we might get our first look at it at the NYTF.

First off, DAMMIT! Was hoping for UCS Falcon to just get it over with.

Second: YAY! UCS Snowspeeder!

Third: YAY! More time to save up money for the inevitable record breaking price on the new UCS Falcon.

Ponn

Banned
So I had another shipping screw up, this time S@H. They sent me two Scarecrow Delivery sets instead of one and an Arctic Roller. Turned out fine though they sent an Arctic Roller and told me to keep extra set. If anyone needs one PM me, I'm looking for all the Lego Batman Movie poly bags except the mini batwing. Also that Reindeer polybag.

Koren

Employees in Lego Store are always nice (I often find them "too" nice, it's a bit scary), but the ones in Disneyland Paris Lego Store are often especially great...

I love how I was explained how to easily fill the stud in the cup with parts using a disc of paper so that it's easier to close. They also brought me a bin of parts (probably from broken boxes and the like, there was at least an airport show box in there). I wish I had time to really dig into it, there was probably really interesting parts in there.

I wish there were more interesting parts in the wall :/ It's usually boring. I envy people that live in countries where you can find sand green parts in the wall, I would buy a huge bunch of those.

BTW, the notation system for stores is still completely broken, they consider 8/10 as a negative vote... If you want to go this way, why not simply a "great, good, average, bad" system?

Is there close ups? I don't understand how they did most of the parts using legos. I guess the cockpit glass panels aren't legos, but I'm curious about the rest...

Koren

Great concept! It's pretty rare we see something "new" in LEGO these days.
I should find mine, I have one but it's in one of the crates at my parent's (assuming I haven't dismantled it). It's less nice, though, because those bricks weren't available.

It's basically the same, but the thing is turning in the vertical plane at both ends. Top was open.

Well, ditch that, I shouldn't find it, I should upgrade it. I can probably make it better now that Bricklink is a thing.

It was kinda playable, with a motor and a character that was able to jump, and a paper roll that would display distance traveled, but I never totally managed to make it stop when you run unto an obstacle. I experimented with low-friction connexion for the motor, it kinda stopped advancing should you run into an obstacle, but you still could start again by jumping.

The idea was taken from those 80s "electronic" games that displayed endless "runners", but in lego form.

Now that I think about it, it could actually be possible Lego Ideas submission, since the maze got a pass... That's assuming I can be more clever with stopping the motor. Any idea?

iosefe

BTW, the notation system for stores is still completely broken, they consider 8/10 as a negative vote... If you want to go this way, why not simply a "great, good, average, bad" system?

10 is awesome and 9 is great. Those are considered positive NPS, 8, 7 are passive NPS, your average response, we gain nothing. Lower than that is a detractor of the "would not recommend" variety

mrklaw

MrArseFace
10 is awesome and 9 is great. Those are considered positive NPS, 8, 7 are passive NPS, your average response, we gain nothing. Lower than that is a detractor of the "would not recommend" variety

They really need to tune that for different countries. In the the UK I bet lots of people will consider 9 a top mark and not often give 10.

UCS snowspeeder will be v.temoting but I'll hold out to see about the UCS falcon first. Don't want to blow my budget and find my self unable to jump on the falcon immediately - can always pick up the snowspeeder later on (how long should it normally be available for?)

Koren

One of the people working there presented me 8 as negative. Well, I can see how "passive" is kinda negative for them.

I still don't like the whole system.

Bag 2 of Assembly Square impressions. OMG, Jamie Berard I bow down to you. I had figured out a way to fit the garage doors as windows, but this was obviously much more sleek. And then the SNOT reversal over the door. OMG.

Dinner, and then on to bag 3.

DonShula

Ok then. Thanks.

Supported!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom