• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninge

assemblysquare05.jpg

Lol - my wife took an almost identical picture to that last night after we finally got some of the Batman gigs and finished Assembly Square

zIbJKoj.jpg

Gj9a4kA.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Finished Pet Shop today. Modulars are too good this was such a mistake.

I feel like sometimes people think we are joking about addiction and spending all their money. We really aren't.

itsalltrue.gif

At least everything is awesome about the Lego addiction.

Lol - my wife took an almost identical picture to that last night after we finally got some of the Batman gigs and finished Assembly Square

zIbJKoj.jpg

Gj9a4kA.jpg

Lego cities continue to be crime ridden cesspools that steal people's wallets.

iosefe

Anyone have any idea on how long this set is going to be around? Really want it but won't be able to get it for a bit.

i thought it was already gone. it's sold out on the LEGO website and like most older SW sets, probably sold out at most lego stores, especially smaller LEGO stores. you might get lucky at a flagship store

i thought it was already gone. it's sold out on the LEGO website and like most older SW sets, probably sold out at most lego stores, especially smaller LEGO stores. you might get lucky at a flagship store

oh no

It was at a Target here this morning when I went there for something else.

So you're saying I have to go back tomorrow to pick it up. My wife is going to be mad.

Life is rough.

iosefe

oh no

So you're saying I have to go back tomorrow to pick it up. My wife is going to be mad.

Life is rough.

probably.

*EDIT*

that is not to say Sold out means retired. it means sold out. but it will proably be increasingly unlikely to find

DonShula

oh no

Life is rough.

Had my eye on it and saw it hit clearance at every Walmart around here. They're all gone now. If you want it, I'd say get it ASAP.

I have gotten the okay to "eventually" get the Death Star. Just "Not any time soon".

Roughly how long is that going to be around?

The last one was around for about 7-8 years, which was insane. The new one is only a few months old.

You have at least another year or two at minimum I think.

But think about it, skipping Death Star Final Duel is close to a 20% down payment on a full Death Star. :)

I have gotten the okay to "eventually" get the Death Star. Just "Not any time soon".

Roughly how long is that going to be around?

The updated Death Star only came out in 2016 so you have plenty of time to get it. The set was a refresh of 10188, which lasted seven or eight years if I recall correctly (which is very long, LEGO-wise). I've still got the old one hiding in my closet of shame. One day I'll build it...one day.

The updated Death Star only came out in 2016 so you have plenty of time to get it. The set was a refresh of 10188, which lasted seven or eight years if I recall correctly (which is very long, LEGO-wise). I've still got the old one hiding in my closet of shame. One day I'll build it...one day.

Of all the things to keep in a closet of shame...

Mine is still disassembled and in a crate since moving over 2 years ago. I haven't gotten it back out to build again. Nor the UCS Imperial Shuttle. Just not enough display room.

wetwired

After a delay due to 4 horrific deaths at the theme park, We've finally got a date for Australia's first LEGO store at Dreamworld, on the 28th of Jan and only 25 mins from me!

PAB here I come!

BQ1bn3M.jpg

Ah that's a nice turn up for you Wetwired. I think the world will sadly remember dream world for that tragedy, did they get to the bottom of it yet?

For us English rabble This is the book with minifig I mentioned yesterday, seems well worth the £3.50 seeing as it's a nice minifigure

LEGO® The Batman Movie: Chaos in Gotham City (Activity book with exclusive Batman minifigure) (Lego® DC Comics) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1405286245/

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just bought and made the new Batmobile from the movie. Great build. Also picked up a handful of CMF figures.

If anyone is interested in a CMF trade, I got an extra...

Orca
March Harriet
Rocker Batman

papluh

Hmm DeCool even made 3 color variants - Orange, Lime and White with red accents.
Online reviews show that there is no Porsche name, just 911.

And now for something completely different - that mini VW Beetle appeared only in franchise store in Italy, not official LEGO Store :(

Nodnol

Three bags down on TFA Millenium Falcon...picked it up tonight.

Pretty monotonous build so far. Seems to lack the ingenuity of other recent sets I've built. Still, that's not why I bought it. A Lego Star Wars collection NEEDS a Millenium Falcon.

TheFuzz

I've been AWOL lately, fellas. I'm still keeping an eye on things.

Right now what little spare time I've had has been working on my next modular. I think you guys will love it, it's a 48x32 and the biggest MOC I've done.

Koren

PAB here I come!
PAB is such a love/have situation...

When I spend some time away from a Lego store, I dream of PaB.

Then, I decide I should go visit one.

Then I remember how bad and limited the selection is. And since I spent some time to go to the store, I still fill a cup or two, but at the end of the day, I think I should have done a bricklink order instead.

:/

After ordering parts for my next customs last night, I have none :(
Damn... If your job is interesting, I'm thinking about changing mine...

wetwired

PAB is such a love/have situation...

When I spend some time away from a Lego store, I dream of PaB.

Then, I decide I should go visit one.

Then I remember how bad and limited the selection is. And since I spent some time to go to the store, I still fill a cup or two, but at the end of the day, I think I should have done a bricklink order instead.

:/

Damn... If your job is interesting, I'm thinking about changing mine...

It's all for my next custom minifigs to sell so u fortunately not on Lego parts I can use myself

wetwired

They should just make a giant green button on the home page of bricklink that says Buy All

It's quite stressful organizing a purchase of that size across multiple sellers, balancing choosing the cheapest sellers vs buying from less sellers and having to do it within a small window of time (I've previously done this across multiple days and discovered some sellers sold out in the interim)

It probably didn't help I listening to the inception score while I did it adding to the tension

I can't wait for my last Bricklink order to get to me. The one with the most pieces only ships them out on Saturdays so I had to wait nearly a week extra for it. D:

Once I get it I can finally make my mini-Pet Shop! :D

Nodnol

I got an offer to buy a brand new unopened 10179 for 2500$.
One part of me screams ''buy it and build it'' or ''buy it and sell it for profit''.
But if i try to think clear for a moment i think i'm just gonna wait for the new one that's hopefully not that far away.......

It's quite stressful organizing a purchase of that size across multiple sellers, balancing choosing the cheapest sellers vs buying from less sellers and having to do it within a small window of time (I've previously done this across multiple days and discovered some sellers sold out in the interim)

It probably didn't help I listening to the inception score while I did it adding to the tension

Bricklink can be quite the hand full, but the new tools they put in place in the year+ since I last used it are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom