• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that trans piece looks like what they use for Spider-Man and other web slingers to hold the new web. I've been trying to figure out how they hold the new web.

24837047255_09a92be7dd_c.jpg

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

TheFuzz

Well, I do. :D The sticker sheet is transparent. There are visible trans stickers for the logo on the bike, the red plates on the side of the car and the window frame. And the white item on the roof. The tiles are without a shadow of a doubt printed. There are no stickers that extend that far to the edges on a brick, they are perfectly aligned and there is no sign that these bricks are thicker. You can clearly see the transparent stickers from the side. The plates are printed, as are the taillights and the license plates.

ENHANCE...

WLG221e.jpg

Lines are printed, as is license plate. Tail lights are stickers.

Yep, that picture is much clearer so I'll now admit I was initially wrong. I'm even happier now, and somewhat surprised.

I think it's just one of those pieces that Mixels often use for arms (1x2 with round edge on one side) and some clip piece on the car to hold it.

Official name is 1x2 with shaft

http://brickset.com/parts/4521187

That holds the door pieces and this

http://brickset.com/parts/601926

connects to it.

Thanks. I feel stupid now. I'm very familiar with those parts, yet I didn't recognize them.

Does Kevin make it 2 minifigs for Chris Hemsworth now? Kinda funny that they are using the same hair that they are using for Captain America.

ghostmind

Multiple sources are reporting that North America will see the remainder of the 1H 2016 Star Wars sets in March.

With the Captain America: Civil War sets releasing In March, along with Ninjago, Elves, and Minecraft, that is going to be an expensive month.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
So much venom for new Ghostbusters across the internet, jeez.

Set looks great and the minifigs especially- so much torso printing! Better pick up the original first though incase they do 'replace'.

Rootbeer

Banned
So much venom for new Ghostbusters across the internet, jeez.

Set looks great and the minifigs especially- so much torso printing! Better pick up the original first though incase they do 'replace'.

I hope people change their tune after the trailer. I really want to like it.

wetwired

Has this already been posted? First I've seen of it and looks like a printed door.. you'd think the HQ could've at least gotten that print..

The same door comes in the first ectomobile set too. You even get a spare if you disassemble the minifig stand.

Looks awesome, openable doors (sides and back) fits all 4 minifigs, looks to be in scale with the old Ecto, Ecto-2 Bike! lots of new parts and prints. They seem to have thrown everything at it, I reckon this is the only set for the reboot they're doing considering they usually split up the minifigs across several sets to get the whole "team".

Dropped by the lego store and got Jamzy and Palladum, I really like the direction these new mixels are going in. I was never a fan of the more elemental mixels as that was a little too generic for my tastes, but i really like all the inventive ways that they're turning all these objects and concepts into mixels. Its a lot more interesting and creative. Can't wait to see how they keep expanding this concept.

Maengun1

Love those hair pieces. McKinnon's, McCarthy's and Jones's figures really capture their likeness well too. Wiig's looks pretty generic (also I'm pretty sure every photo I've seen of her character has her hair down --odd).

I'll pick that up for sure if I enjoy the movie.

New Elves polybag:

QnHGyLg.jpg

Does Sira come in any of the other new sets? Either way, looks like a very flimsy construction - those wings connect to the stems which can't fit very securely.

As for Ecto-1 - WOW! Great minifigs, great car, great scale, all of them at once. No complaints! I need to make space in front of my HQ.

I'm still hoping that there's a general Ghostbusters line. I really could use two or three smaller sets to get the old villains. Gozer has her design from Lego Dimensions now and Vigo is mostly designed too, I'd say.

wetwired

Re: stickers

It seems like the more quantity of parts required in multiple in a set, the more likely it'll be printed rather than stickers. So it makes sense the stripes are printed.

Do it looks like 2x tail light stickers, 1 bike sticker, 1 nuclear logo sticker (it even looks applied non center in the official pick, though I would have thought something that small would be printed) and 1 warning label sticker for the tank on top

EDIT> Looks like there's stickers on either side of the windscreen too

You never know with LEGO

50YBQr7.jpg

Someone mentioned that in the other thread but I counter with the spoilers from Toy Story 3, and the fact that Lego is, for once, intentionally holding back a Civil War set to keep Spidey a secret.

Honestly though I'd imagine, if it IS a spoiler, that it's probably not a big part of the movie. At least I hope not.

Ponn

Banned
You never know with LEGO

50YBQr7.jpg

That was an incredible battle between Iron Man and Mandarin in his flamethrower tank in the movie. Just an epic final showdown. Also that scene where War Machine and Iron Man was chasing Killian in his speedboat. It was an intense chase sequence.

I guess I finally need to watch Aluminum Man 3 and the Captain US Agent movies?

Serious question. Supergirl has only been in that Braniac Attack set, correct?

Fishlake

The Lego demon/nexo sets have left me wanting more. I must hold off until March.

Actually maybe I'll pick up another Bionicle creature or a Mixel. Those are nice small sets that will allow me to still save money.

ghostmind

Placed my first "Bricks and Pieces" order from LEGO - mostly some CITY minifigs that I didn't get last year, and the two new carollers (and printed sign) from the Toy Shop re-release.

Placed my first "Bricks and Pieces" order from LEGO - mostly some CITY minifigs that I didn't get last year, and the two new carollers (and printed sign) from the Toy Shop re-release.

Oh right that one, I'll have to nab that one when I get paid.

"Bricks and Pieces" is great for getting minifig parts. I checked out the pirate sets on it and you can get a some of the torsos and heads from the pirate sets to army build both sides at good prices. You can get a whole alligator, but I haven't checked if they would be cheaper on Bricklink. Always check against bricklink as some prices are much more expensive on "Bricks and Pieces". For example the new pirate bandana head wrap is more expensive on BAP. Some items are even more than double compared to bricklink.

LEGO CITY City Square (60097) is a really good one to check out for minifig torsos and heads.

wetwired

I asked Marcos Bessa (he designed this one too) which bits on the GB16 Ectomobile are stickers, here's the list

• Both Tail lights
  • Warning Sticker on the tank on top
  • Either side of the windscreen
  • No-Ghost Logo on the bike
  • Nuclear Logo on the small 1x1 on the top
  • The angled black pipe/detail on the red tiles on the side of the car
  • The Dashboard

Rootbeer

Banned
Gonna start getting the series 16 minifigures.

Which one(or ones) are The most rare to get??

Rarity guide already provided, but rarity aside, there is also the issue of desireability that affects rarity. Shark Guy and Queen are both easy to feel for and I've already talked with two people who specifically said they wanted the queen. That new leg/dress piece has people very intrigued. So I'd try to make them a priority.

Just hope you get lucky and find a nearly full box or an end cap that seems to have 30 or 40 of them on there. Then you should have a good chance to feel out a full set. It's worth standing there to do it, IMO.

Reminds me, I'm jealous... i ran into a guy at TRU while I was feeling out my Series 16 set and he could tell what a minifig was by barely even feeling the pack... literally about 4 or 5 seconds for every minifig, even the harder ones. I know he wasn't BSing because he handed me a few I was looking for. I was impressed!
So what's the deal with this site? Can you order as many minifig parts/pieces as you want? It asks for a reason for each part, what do you put if you are just fishing for parts you don't have? :p

You pay for the parts and shipping right? Just trying to find out more about how it works and how other AFOLs are using this resource.

ghostmind

There are three different sections: "Missing Pieces", "Broken Bricks" and "Buy Bricks". You need to use the third one (which will ask for your age and location), otherwise you will need to provide a reason why you are requesting a replacement for each part.

Selection of parts varies wildly from set to set, and as mentioned the prices can be either cheaper or more expensive than Bricklink. However you can use your VIP points on your order.

This first order for me is just to test out the system. i'm curious to see how long LEGO keeps this service going.

Koren

i'm curious to see how long LEGO keeps this service going.
They've sold parts online for quite a long time now... (was even better before since you could order a custom box and manual for a MOC IIRC)

But I still don't understand why there's both Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick.

I have ideas for MOC's but my collection has become a tad unmanageable that I would like to cut it down a tad before I embark on any big ideas. Thankfully my MOC ideas aren't big in scale

valkyre

I took 1 set of Battle on Takodana and then bricklinked 2 more sets to combine them into something that looked more into the actual setting from the movie.

It is still a work in progress since I have quite a few pieces hanging around. What do you guys think, am I going in the right direction?

Untitled by Valkyre1, on Flickr

peely

Neo Member
I took 1 set of Battle on Takodana and then bricklinked 2 more sets to combine them into something that looked more into the actual setting from the movie.

It is still a work in progress since I have quite a few pieces hanging around. What do you guys think, am I going in the right direction?

I've only seen the film once so can't speak to much for accuracy, but I think it looks great :)

I've got a few days off work, which begs an important question:

Palace Cinema
Pet Shop
Fire Brigade
Town Hall
or from left-field...
Sea Cow

Cruzito

Neo Member
For those that have the UCS Imperial Shuttle, do your pieces have so many white color variations between the same parts?
It gives the Shuttle a dingy look. :(

Fowler

Awesome work!!

For those that have the UCS Imperial Shuttle, do your pieces have so many white color variations between the same parts?
It gives the Shuttle a dingy look. :(

Just means it has seen some shit in its life.
I haven't reassembled mine since moving in late 2014, so I can't say for sure right now.

They've sold parts online for quite a long time now... (was even better before since you could order a custom box and manual for a MOC IIRC)

But I still don't understand why there's both Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick.

Bricks and Pieces is an awesome service, but it's also misused. Theoretically, a dedicated fan can buy a few multiples of a particular part, rather than having to buy multiples of the sets. It's handy when you need many of some brand new part that only exists in one set.

That's in theory. In practice, the exact minute a new part is made available, some scalper swoops in and buys the entire stock. Boom. This is my theory, because every time there's been a hard reset of the store (after Christmas), I hear about it opening and then, even if I go there within an hour or so, all new and unique parts are sold out. So, as always, some people ruin the fun for everyone. And those rare pieces? They end up on Bricklink, of course. How do you think people get 1500 of a single minifig?

BaP can be useful though, if you're looking for tricky parts that aren't specifically rare. A few days ago when it opened again, I got a bunch of the 1x1 tiles with a pin, as well as a few more uncommon parts. A few years ago I even managed to buy a few of the Imperial Flagship masts - they literally called me back after having found the very last three they could find.

BaP versus PAB? BaP is a specialty service and probably hilarious non-profitable for Lego. It's pretty much some guys with a storehouse of all available parts, so every order is handmade and takes a bit longer. This is also why parts are more expensive. They can still be a LOT cheaper than on Bricklink simply because Lego can produce as many as they feel like, although I doubt that refilling BaP is a huge priority. (BaP does refill at times - I was looking for Skyra parts before and couldn't find them, but they were available after the 2016 refresh)

PAB is just a bigger version of the walls in the stores. There are a couple of thousand (?) of the most common parts, and I'm guessing that the ordering is semi-automated. Since there is less to choose from, the prices are lower than BaP and sometimes really reasonable. Prices are mostly based on part size, so it's a good option to get small specialized parts like jumpers. Bigger parts like plates and long bricks tend to get too expensive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom