• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go crazy during double VIP, but will probably only get Brick Bank.

I am still hemming and hawing about Sandcrawler. It isn't screaming to me, but I have gotten all UCS Star Wars stuff since I came back from the dark ages. It seems silly to stop now...

21305 LEGO Ideas Maze revealed: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/59

12Ksrac.jpg

aoyUB3p.jpg

That looks really great. I love how different it is from most other sets being released.

Guess this is what I will order to get Mr. Freeze in April.

Ponn

Banned

Didn't know what to think about this set at first but you know that would make a really great coffee table conversation starter thing.

I want to go crazy during double VIP, but will probably only get Brick Bank.

I am still hemming and hawing about Sandcrawler. It isn't screaming to me, but I have gotten all UCS Star Wars stuff since I came back from the dark ages. It seems silly to stop now...

That looks really great. I love how different it is from most other sets being released.

Guess this is what I will order to get Mr. Freeze in April.

No Batcave to go with Mr. Freeze?

I won't get it because it doesn't interest me but I applaud them for approving ideas that are a tad unorthodox yet still interesting. Hope we see more imaginative things like this in the future.

I have one regret in regards to the helicarrier and that's not having the motor and lights for it. I still can't believe the store I got it from didn't have em in stock :(

boltz

I would love to find out how the various Ideas sets have done saleswise to see if they line up with my tastes. Personally, they have been hit or miss, moreso on the miss side, with this maze being a meh for me.

willp2003

I would love to find out how the various Ideas sets have done saleswise to see if they line up with my tastes. Personally, they have been hit or miss, moreso on the miss side, with this maze being a meh for me.

I've bought two sets: Echo-1 (of course) and wall-e. I liked the Birds set and could see the appeal, but didn't get it. The others haven't appealed to me.
Just hoping the Caterham gets made from the next wave.

Fowler

Not buying the Maze, but I appreciate that LEGO did this. Good to have truly different and unique ideas coming out of Ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they did Back to the Future and Wall-E, and Brent's ECTO-1 is one of my favourite sets -ever-, but I like Ideas being more than a wish fulfillment service.

Getting things that are really wildly out there and different to all the other sets on the market is pretty cool.

Koren

Helicarrier should be good for another year and Slave 1 at least for another few months.

I bet Slave 1 is a huge seller so I could see it lasting longer. It really is. Glorious set.
Thanks to both of you. I may delay one (probably Helicarrier, so) to fall double VIP if I have the nerves... ^_^

Waller Customs next minifig confirmed
About this (in a sense)... I'm frustrated that the tenth doctor isn't available in minifig form, and I'm not convinced by customs. I'd like to have your talent finding the best combinations, I'm just awful at this. I have your four X angents/conspiracy minifigs on my desk, and I'm still amazed on how perfect they are. Should you have any ideas about which available head/hairs could fit (or even torso), I'm interested (but don't lose time for this).

wetwired

About this (in a sense)... I'm frustrated that the tenth doctor isn't available in minifig form, and I'm not convinced by customs. I'd like to have your talent finding the best combinations, I'm just awful at this. I have your four X angents/conspiracy minifigs on my desk, and I'm still amazed on how perfect they are. Should you have any ideas about which available head/hairs could fit (or even torso), I'm interested (but don't lose time for this).

I'm not really a Dr Who fan but looking at pics his hair is tricky, some pics it looks like this would suffice

62810.jpg

whereas other pics it looks more tussled like this one

20597.jpg

but this one may be the best choice in dark brown

col083.jpg

Combined with a suitable head and this torso/legs might work?

hp130.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Been away for a while, when is double VIP?

I really want the Wither for those black skeletons but I see Minecraft sets in amazon warehouse all the time, so I probably should wait. The black skeletons will go great with the crematory in my haunted fort MOC.

Find myself wanting BigFig Thanos but... i can't justify getting the whole set especially since it would be ONLY for him mainly (and maybe Ms. Marvel)

Damn, if only discounts were more frequent...

He's not even THAT amazing, i mean he doesn' even wear his damn gauntlet and yet i want him lol

Koren

I'm not really a Dr Who fan but looking at pics his hair is tricky
Yes, I know, and I think that's the reason why there's so many different creations/customs. Most of the time, I couldn't recognize him, though, while I've been surprised at how easy you can identify your creations...

Many thanks for your suggestions, I'll look into those.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
March 7 - 22. I'm really considering dropping the big bucks on an Ewok Village then,but I've never spent so much money on a single set, the thought of it is both scary and thrilling.
I know what I'm using my tax return on. Gotta get that Hellicarrier and Batcave.

Ya, that's my recollection. I think I'll sit this one out. No big sets I need right now and I'll probably want the May 4th minifig.

Ponn

Banned
There are some game purchases this month I have to make with none next month so i'm deciding to hold off on Bat Cave till next month and pick up a couple sets to complete current minifig collection. Going to get Civil War Airport Battle, Avenjet and Batman Harley cycle chase. And the easter chick set because its cute. I hate to spend full price on the Airport Battle set because I don't care at all for the Quinjet and tower builds and I only care about the Sharon Carter and new Scarlet Witch figs. That antman nano fig is great but its basically $80 to get the giant man build. I'm also not getting the rave reviews for that Black Panther set. I'm going to try and get him at a fairly good price by himself or maybe even wait and keep an eye on future sets. It seems like every super hero fig we thought was going to be rare ends up in multiple sets the next go around.

Maengun1

FINALLY some series 15 figs turned up at my Target today. But others have clearly been waiting too, because despite finding them on the first day they were out and fairly early in the afternoon, the box was pretty much wiped out already lol. There were only about 12 or 13 figs left and I felt through them all and there were 6 different ones among them:

- clumsy guy
- ballerina
- tribal woman
- kendo guy
- janitor
- wrestler

Bummed (but not surprised) to see shark guy gone, but clumsy guy is my favorite of the series by far (I feel like he may be my favorite ever? I only started with series 11 though) so that was nice.

edit: also picked up architecture Venice, which looks much bigger and nicer in person than it comes across in photos IMO :)

TheFuzz

Yep... Going all-in on Firehouse HQ on Monday. Most I will have EVER spent on Lego by hundreds. Previously my biggest set was Arkham and the modulars.

Also, fellow Discover card holders... Order using Discover Rewards link on Lego.com and you get 5% cash back.

Picked up the Black Panther set today along with the Spidey/Goblin mini thing.

I passed on the Ant Man set and will grab it next week during 2x VIP, but DAMN! Seeing the box up close I'm really impressed with how they nailed Bobbi Morse from the SHIELD show. Looks like a lot of good figs in that set. Are the Iron Man & War Machine figs unique?

Ponn

Banned
Picked up the Black Panther set today along with the Spidey/Goblin mini thing.

I passed on the Ant Man set and will grab it next week during 2x VIP, but DAMN! Seeing the box up close I'm really impressed with how they nailed Bobbi Morse from the SHIELD show. Looks like a lot of good figs in that set. Are the Iron Man & War Machine figs unique?

um, not sure if joking.
thats sharon carter from Winter Soldier
And yes the Iron Man and War Machine figs are unique. War Machine has a different back pack and is a darker shade of grey with a different head mold and Iron Man has unique print, again.

um, not sure if joking.
thats sharon carter from Winter Soldier
And yes the Iron Man and War Machine figs are unique. War Machine has a different back pack and is a darker shade of grey with a different head mold and Iron Man has unique print, again.

I wasn't kidding, and appreciate the clarification. I'm embarrassed to say that I still think the fig looks a lot like the SHIELD character! Shame on me for not reading the name.

I feel I will be weak and get Sandcrawler this double VIP.

You've been talking about it forever (you've been on the cusp a few times), and the fact is if you had really wanted it you'd have bought it. Don't buy something you don't want. Spend that money on better, less brown LEGO.

I know you've got all the UCS sets and trust me, I feel that urge. I stopped buying the "Winter Village" sets when I felt they were no longer worthwhile and I feel good about it. Stay strong - don't get an inferior Sandcrawler just because it's a big set.

You've been talking about it forever (you've been on the cusp a few times), and the fact is if you had really wanted it you'd have bought it. Don't buy something you don't want. Spend that money on better, less brown LEGO.

I know you've got all the UCS sets and trust me, I feel that urge. I stopped buying the "Winter Village" sets when I felt they were no longer worthwhile and I feel good about it. Stay strong - don't get an inferior Sandcrawler just because it's a big set.

I know you are right. I am out of space for sets I want to display, and even if I have a LEGO room now, that is already filled to the brim with stuff. There is just so much I need to sort into the collective still, so I am being pickier this year.

Also, my wife has started to finally comment about the fact that LEGO is everywhere now. Just random sets and bins of parts left around the apartment because I haven't cleaned stuff up. I might be reaching a saturation point of parts to sort and keep maintained in this space. And the amount of sets to sort and disassemble is so high right now I just don't feel the need to dive into it because the hole is so deep already.

In the end, I know I will always get the modulars and sets that really speak to me.
Perhaps Brick Bank will be all I get for double VIP...

Ponn

Banned
I wasn't kidding, and appreciate the clarification. I'm embarrassed to say that I still think the fig looks a lot like the SHIELD character! Shame on me for not reading the name.

Ha, no need to be embarrassed. I can kinda see it and they certainly could stand to make some SHIELD characters like COULSON!!!

I know you are right. I am out of space for sets I want to display, and even if I have a LEGO room now, that is already filled to the brim with stuff. There is just so much I need to sort into the collective still, so I am being pickier this year.

Also, my wife has started to finally comment about the fact that LEGO is everywhere now. Just random sets and bins of parts left around the apartment because I haven't cleaned stuff up. I might be reaching a saturation point of parts to sort and keep maintained in this space. And the amount of sets to sort and disassemble is so high right now I just don't feel the need to dive into it because the hole is so deep already.

In the end, I know I will always get the modulars and sets that really speak to me.
Perhaps Brick Bank will be all I get for double VIP...

Welcome to the internal conflict club bud. It's like a mid-life crisis or something. Need a hug?
get batcave

lol Ghostmind, what a dick move there :p

anyway, i am glad i have NO desire for Sandcrawler anymore (well maybe 1% or so but that would never be enough) i still remember the last UCS set i got where i wasn't sure for a while but then got it regardless, the B-Wing! It's STILL sealed plus i have no room to display it now and don't really feel the urge either, so in the end i may just sell it off!

Too bad the aftermarket price for that one really didn't spike at ALL it seems so in the end i will have lost some money on that even :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My pile of things to break down and sort puts me off building anything new because I know I need to clear up first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom