• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

It really does look hilariously out of place, but in a good way to me. It's also really big given that's Town Hall it's next to.

It is not Town Hall, it is Fire Brigade which is considerable smaller. But, yeah, NC still big, should be the same height of Town Hall.

Ponn

Banned
It is not Town Hall, it is Fire Brigade which is considerable smaller. But, yeah, NC still big, should be the same height of Town Hall.

Oh shit you're right my bad. My eyesight really is going.

I really wanted that Fire Brigade set too but I was a couple years too late :(

wetwired

I like how your version of a vignette is like 1000+ pieces ;)

Most of them are smaller, about the same width square, this one I had space behind and it made sense for a warehouse to be bigger so fuck it, why not

plus it helps support the next layer by being bigger, the rest of the "hidden" part behind is duplo for support anyway :p

I liked this Ideas submission:

4629129-o_1bk86epse1i871b1287o1e261uarc-1ekk5eVtOzpD9Q-thumbnail-full.png

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e59079f3-b522-46ed-b790-e29a42f88038

Nasa Spacecraft.

ghostmind

Yes, the 2018 set info is starting to take shape.

2 sets for Black Panther
6 sets for Avengers Infinity War
5 sets for the LEGO Batman Movie

ghostmind

wat? more lego batman movie sets??

Actually 6 sets:

Justice League Anniversary Party
Egghead Mech
Harley Quinn's Attack (Cannon Truck)
Bat-Buggy (small set with Captain Boomerang)
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

Wasn't the Space Shuttle your design wetwired?

I'll support that too. I honestly think LEGO should just do an official NASA line of sets at this point. Several of the CUUSOO and IDEAS sets have led to good really good space/NASA-themed sets.

I know they've done the shuttle in past, but if they could keep the scale the same as the Saturn-V, I'd love a new "UCS" style Space Shuttle. There's a lot of cool sets they could do, like if not the whole International Space Station, then a few modules of it with interior details.
Actually 6 sets:
Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle
YES, I was hoping for Egghead, he'll go great with the Classic TV Batcave set.

Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

Please have Wonder Twins!!!
I wonder if there is any chance to get Samurai, Apache Chief, and Black Vulcan.

Ponn

Banned
Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

I wouldn't mind if that Bat Space Shuttle was the large D2C set.

Quick question, but what does D2C mean in reference to LEGO sets?

Tried looking it up online but only found tiny example like Christmas Tree ornaments or standalone minifig packs, but when I hear it talked about it sounds more like a larger UCS style set or something.
Please have Wonder Twins!!!
I wonder if there is any chance to get Samurai, Apache Chief, and Black Vulcan.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. Honestly I would imagine it WILL have a bunch of the lesser known heroes included in the set

Quick question, but what does D2C mean in reference to LEGO sets?

D2C = Direct to Costumer, meaning sets that aren't sold in any store but Lego Store itself, mainly for their cost, small run or exclusivity. I guess you could call the small exclusives and freebies D2C too, but the main purpose is to refer to expansive larger sets that a normal toy store would not carry.

But is kind of weird denomination because some stores, like Amazon, sell them too.

Ponn

Banned
Still upset Shocker isn't in the full oven mitt costume get up. I so want a full on comic book Shocker figure.

It's the main reason I haven't rushed out to get these sets yet. I want the cheap one eventually for the unique figs with the masks. That Vulture one though is doing nothing for me. I already got my comic vulture eith that doc ock mech set. And Shocker looks nothing like Shocker. He looks like a Ninjago villain. Been saving some money on some of these Superhero sets this year that are mediocre.

It was a lot of work but totally worth it.
First time ever that i had to clean all the pieces of a set.
There were only a few pieces missing that i could easily replace from my spare bin.
The set looks still great for it's 17 year old age but i still like the new X-Wing much more.

Q8C9yQCl.jpg

sD1rAmhl.jpg

Just_one

LEGO really should do something special for the Avengers movie sets...

10 years in the making , the ending of the MCU main plot for the last 10 years...

they deserve something special...

Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

Hmmm... doesn't sound like the Batwolf chopper from the art book is in any of these, besides possibly the D2C. If it never gets an official set I'm going to have to try and make it myself. Also the fact that there's going to be six 2018 TLBM sets adds credence to the rumours of a second CMF line.

Just_one

Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

So does this confirm Suicide Squad characters appearing on Justice League?

wetwired

Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

Nah, I did ground and water vehicles, no aircraft

I was explicitly told none of my creations would become sets so I'd be very surprised if any did

DBT85

Great stuff! Star Wars UCS is what brought me back to Lego. I bought 2 of the TIE Fighters in hopes of modifying one to a TIE Interceptor (hated the old blue TIE Interceptor), or perhaps a TIE Defender one day. Cavegod's UCS TIE Defender design is amazing!

Now I'm on the lookout for the UCS Y-wing...Gosh. that thing sure is marked up as hell!

Yeah I've accepted that there's no way I'll own several of them as the costs have spiraled way beyond anything reasonable. I suppose some I could bricklink but I'm not that desperate. I'll just stick to getting the new ones that release if they take my fancy, as there are plenty of the Star Wars sets that don't. Those 3 ships plus R2 is where I'm at right now, and I'll get bb8 and probably the new Falcon.

Hopefully LEGO redo the likes of the Y wing and the other massively expensive sets.

I might, might, get a B wing as it's not insanely priced. But it doesn't grab me nearly as much as the X, Tie, Slave, Y, etc.

Koren

Great stuff! Star Wars UCS is what brought me back to Lego. I bought 2 of the TIE Fighters in hopes of modifying one to a TIE Interceptor (hated the old blue TIE Interceptor), or perhaps a TIE Defender one day. Cavegod's UCS TIE Defender design is amazing!
Same, except that I haven't bought two (Maybe I should have)... I want to turn the tie into Soontir Fel's 181th interceptor (got dark red plates and parts for the band). And the Red 5 into Antilles' Rogue Leader.

I would have loved to turn the Red 5 into Twin Suns Leader and the Tie into Jagged Fel's Chiss Clawcraft, but the latter will be a nightmare to do in Lego :/

I'll definitively build an UCS Defender (my favorite craft in SW, 95% of my flight time at least in XWA), but it'll require more changes than a panel swap of the UCS tie...

Now I'm on the lookout for the UCS Y-wing...Gosh. that thing sure is marked up as hell!
Indeed...

apparently the rumors were wrong and nexo knights is coming back for 2018, hopefully next years villains have a better color scheme

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/152123-lego-nexo-knights-2018/

edit: they're black and trans green now

Why, why, why, why couldn't they be black and trans yellow?

Also, hoping for a new character. I kind of get why they keep reusing the core group, but I rarely bother to get multiples or new lineups if I already have one version of each. Also, how hard can it be to get an actual hairpiece for Macy?

6 Avengers sets should be plenty to get a ton of figures too, although I have most of them at this point. Again, probably won't bother to collect multiples. Who is expected to be in the movie that doesn't already have a figure?

DBT85

So I've started my Red Five build and got the first 2 bags done, so the x wing mechanism is complete. I always love seeing how they've solved those kind of problems and am never not amazed.

Now I've stopped to do something else, just to make it last a bit longer even though I have Tie, Slave 1 and Ecto 1 to do after lol.

Anyone else like to savour the build over a bit longer than needed?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

Vincent Price minifig. It will be mine.

Still waiting for Gentleman Ghost.

It really does look hilariously out of place, but in a good way to me. It's also really big given that's Town Hall it's next to.

So I've started my Red Five build and got the first 2 bags done, so the x wing mechanism is complete. I always love seeing how they've solved those kind of problems and am never not amazed.

Now I've stopped to do something else, just to make it last a bit longer even though I have Tie, Slave 1 and Ecto 1 to do after lol.

Anyone else like to savour the build over a bit longer than needed?

I do the same thing. Took me a few weeks to build the Disney Castle recently.

When you get to the step in Red Five where you have to apply the canopy sticker, just save yourself some time and jam a fork into the palm of your hand repeatedly. It'll be less frustrating ;)

ghostmind

Some Star Wars winter 2017/18 sets:

75198 Tatooine Battle Pack (2 Jawas, Tusken Raider, Astromech Droid)
75199 General Grievous Combat Speeder (General Grevious, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Coleman Trebor, Mace Windu)
75208 Yoda's Hut

75533 Boba Fett
75534 Darth Vader (again? hmm)

Via: Sir von Lego

I'd have gotten that Spiderman ATM Heist set right away if they had included the full set of masked burglars. Only having two of them just makes it feel incomplete.

I know it's a smaller, cheaper set, but maybe they could have had one more set with the other two.

75199 General Grievous Combat Speeder (General Grevious, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Coleman Trebor, Mace Windu)
75208 Yoda's Hut

75533 Boba Fett

Vader is the one Constraction set that I barely see anywhere due to them selling out, so in some ways it might make sense. Maybe it's just an Anakin?

Boogiepop

Maaaaaaan, I wish I liked the Classic Batcave better than I do. I really want to pull the trigger while it's still on sale... but the more I look at it, the more I realize that it's the IDEA of the set that I love, but the actual thing itself has so much... eh. Like, I love the office, and the reactor is pretty neat. But outside of that, I'm honestly kind of meh to actively dislike. (Like, even the Batmobile is kind of neat, but I'm not super in love with it, looking at it in detail). Oh, and the Joker, Alfred, and Batman figures, and the others to a lesser degree. Thinking I may just bricklink the Joker, and then be sad that the Adam West Batman goes for an insane price and have to skip him, and then waffle on a few of the others back and forth for a while.
Edit: But yeah... even at around $200... just not sure it's really worth it. (Plus the whole space issue on something I'm not in love with).

Servbot24

Banned
Maaaaaaan, I wish I liked the Classic Batcave better than I do. I really want to pull the trigger while it's still on sale... but the more I look at it, the more I realize that it's the IDEA of the set that I love, but the actual thing itself has so much... eh. Like, I love the office, and the reactor is pretty neat. But outside of that, I'm honestly kind of meh to actively dislike. (Like, even the Batmobile is kind of neat, but I'm not super in love with it, looking at it in detail). Oh, and the Joker, Alfred, and Batman figures, and the others to a lesser degree. Thinking I may just bricklink the Joker, and then be sad that the Adam West Batman goes for an insane price and have to skip him, and then waffle on a few of the others back and forth for a while.
Edit: But yeah... even at around $200... just not sure it's really worth it. (Plus the whole space issue on something I'm not in love with).

I don't really like the looks of it either.

For my own sake I'm glad I'm not interested in any of their licensed themes.

DonShula

75208 Yoda's Hut

75533 Boba Fett

Awww yes.

Actually 6 sets:

Egghead Mech
Bat-Space shuttle

... and a big D2C set!

Let's hope for a D2C modular Gotham Police Station. Very gothic.

Yeah, I got it as a gift and it's just not that great of a set overall, and I'm a huge fan of the 60's Batman. Office, Batmobile, and Reactor are all good along with the great minifigs (I managed to get the Classic Mr. Freeze that was a seperate giveaway a while ago).

But the Helicopter, Helipad, and the building section below the office aren't great. You get a good number of 16x16 plates, but the lack of colors hurts using a lot of the stuff as a parts pack. I'm actually in the process of disassembling the set jsut because it does take up a lot of space.

Still upset Shocker isn't in the full oven mitt costume get up. I so want a full on comic book Shocker figure.

I've long given up on getting all the "classic" costumes long ago of characters. When we do get them, I'm ecstatic. Where's the Yvonne Craig Batgirl? We get Vincent Price, but not Yvonne Craig.

I got classic Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kraven, Vulture, Doc Ock, and Scorpion. Shocker and Jack O' Lantern are my most wanted Spidey villains now.

Top Bottom