• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

wetwired

I'd have gotten that Spiderman ATM Heist set right away if they had included the full set of masked burglars. Only having two of them just makes it feel incomplete.

I know it's a smaller, cheaper set, but maybe they could have had one more set with the other two.

Is the spiderman in that set the same design as the one that came with the civil war set?

Ponn

Banned
I got classic Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kraven, Vulture, Doc Ock, and Scorpion. Shocker and Jack O' Lantern are my most wanted Spidey villains now.

While i'm still pining for an official Spider-Gwen fig my most wanted Spider-Man fig is Mysterio. I really want a great film with him as the villain as well but they need to get it right.

Is the spiderman in that set the same design as the one that came with the civil war set?

Jang's review mentioned different printing on the back. I believe they are the same fig though in both Homecoming sets so you would only need the cheap set.

wetwired

While i'm still pining for an official Spider-Gwen fig my most wanted Spider-Man fig is Mysterio. I really want a great film with him as the villain as well but they need to get it right.

Jang's review mentioned different printing on the back. I believe they are the same fig though in both Homecoming sets so you would only need the cheap set.

Ah, if it's just back differences I'll stick with by CW one then

ghostmind

Clarifications and additions:

Grevious' Speeder contains only Grevious and Mace Windu.

Ki-Adi-Mundi and Coleman Trebor are part of another battle pack.

Yoda's Hut will contain Yoda, Luke and R2-D2

4 "The Last Jedi" sets

Also this: http://i.imgur.com/k5Zjlku.jpg (The Last Jedi spoilers)

Osahi

Clarifications and additions:

Grevious' Speeder contains only Grevious and Mace Windu.

Ki-Adi-Mundi and Coleman Trebor are part of another battle pack.

Yoda's Hut will contain Yoda, Luke and R2-D2

4 "The Last Jedi" sets

Also this: http://i.imgur.com/k5Zjlku.jpg (The Last Jedi spoilers)
Might get Yoda's hut if it is a cool diorama type set. Do you know what price range it is in? Is it the 25 dollar type (35 euro's over here :p)?

Also getting that battle pack for the Jawa's and Tusken Raider. Will be a nice addition to my old landspeeder set.

And in other news: shouldn't Lego anounce the Ideas results soon?

DBT85

I do the same thing. Took me a few weeks to build the Disney Castle recently.

When you get to the step in Red Five where you have to apply the canopy sticker, just save yourself some time and jam a fork into the palm of your hand repeatedly. It'll be less frustrating ;)

Ah ha! Its a used set and they've all been done. My blood can remain entirely inside my body.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has someone a Vader Buildable Figure and can show it to me with a pic? If avaiable, a comparison to the Trooper would be great.

Finally a Yoda's hut... but i bet it will be some sorry excuse for a set with a bunch of bricks thrown in to justify the figs instead of the glorious diorama we deserve (UCS Yoda's Hut anyone?)

DonShula

Has someone a Vader Buildable Figure and can show it to me with a pic? If avaiable, a comparison to the Trooper would be great.

FwY5b9t.jpg

dnc4WN7.jpg

A5dcF9W.jpg

They're about the same height but of course Vader has a few more pieces.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
FwY5b9t.jpg

dnc4WN7.jpg

A5dcF9W.jpg

They're about the same height but of course Vader has a few more pieces.

Thank you, I very appreciate your post.
He is indeed a bit thicker then a Trooper, thats good.

Is it possible to get him in this pose easily?:

vader-pose.jpg

I really have no idea if I should wait with the figure until december, there are a few things that could be improved, but I kinda want him now. And since I indeed want the figures for display reasons, I want them as good as possible. But he may be get even more expensive.

C3PO is no longer rumored, right?

Edit: What I really think is amazing is how good the Stormtrooper looks. I have him on display on the shelf over my TV, so there is most the time some distance between me and him and he looks just astonishing, really like a more expensive actionfigure and I can even movie him around a bit and make him do poses. Its fucking awesome and exactly what I was looking for now for quiet some time. I just dont have the same feeling in regards of Vader, but I have him always seen much more close and there also the Trooper falls apart for me because I can then see what he is made of.

Really sad that there so few interesting figures in the line for me yet. The human looking charas like Luke look like shit and the more robotic stuff like Grievous and K2-SO are just not important enough for me to pay the money for them ebcause I would not display them.
I would love to see Scout-Trooper getting a Standalone Release without the speeder. And C3PO. Why have they not made a C3PO yet? Everyone loves C3PO. Even when I would need a R2D2 that is in scale and I am sure this line would not offer one...

DonShula

You really like that thing don't you? ;)

Also: Funny how those rails keep bending that black cone to the point of it busting off the stud.

Yeah I kinda like it :)

Putting that thing together without having it sorted by bags gave me a better appreciation of how well Lego pieces are engineered. There were so many pieces that to get them all on a table and somewhat within arm's reach, I stacked the identical pieces together so they'd be easier to find. I staggered the plates so I could pull them apart easily, and realized pretty quickly that I didn't need to be gentle with them when I pulled them apart. They just don't break. By the end I wasn't even easing them apart - I just pulled in opposite directions and waited for them to separate. And after all that they still kept their shapes perfectly.

Thank you, I very appreciate your post.
He is indeed a bit thicker then a Trooper, thats good.

Is it possible to get him in this pose easily?:

vader-pose.jpg

I really have no idea if I should wait with the figure until december, there are a few things that could be improved, but I kinda want him now. And since I indeed want the figures for display reasons, I want them as good as possible. But he may be get even more expensive.

C3PO is no longer rumored, right?

Can't speak to the C3PO part but yes you could put his hands on his hips pretty easily. Retail for the old model was $30 - I can't imagine a new model would be higher than that. But I also can't imagine what they'd change about the current one. It's already got the most pieces and fills out the frame well. Maybe they're redesigning the line so the pieces look less blocky.

Maybe Ghost Vader will appear in the Last Jedi and we'll get a Ghost Vader model ;)

General Grievous is really impressive as a constraction figure. He's among the best in the constraction line. He's HUGE! Biggest of all constraction figure (if you don't count the speeder)

Stop hyping the buildable figures! I don't want to get a Vader and two Storm Troopers and a Scout Trooper that would look awesome standing on my speakers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What figures could they also adapt? I would love to see some Trade Federation Droids. I can see them doing a pretty good Super-Battledroid, the ordinary ones may be to skinny to look good.

Can someone compare that recently released R2D2 limited edition set to a Buildable? Maybe I am getting one of these, but it needs to be in scale :D

Mine is similar, except I have Jango Fett and Obi-wan as well.

Obi-wan at least looks bearable, since they used the Clone Wars face.

Boba Fett's gonna look great next to Jango!

I got Grevious, Darth Vader, K2SO and scout trooper/speederbike. Basically I only get the ones with interesting builds and dont have human heads

I wish they would make more torso pieces, that clone trooper one looks out of place on anyone who isnt a trooper

ghostmind

Mine is similar, except I have Jango Fett and Obi-wan as well.

Obi-wan at least looks bearable, since they used the Clone Wars face.

Boba Fett's gonna look great next to Jango!

I'm hoping that Boba will be the start of a bounty hunter selection. I would love to see IG-88, Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss and 4-LOM in this format.

DonShula

HP5yKEQ.jpg

Pictures don't do this thing justice. I'm a speeder bike true believer now. All of the hype is appropriate. So much fun to build - just one "wow" after another.

The final product exceeds both the price and the piece count. This is indeed a stealth UCS set. No price per piece ratio comparison is valid here.

If this is a test balloon, I want more.

Jimbro72

HP5yKEQ.jpg

Pictures don't do this thing justice. I'm a speeder bike true believer now. All of the hype is appropriate. So much fun to build - just one "wow" after another.

The final product exceeds both the price and the piece count. This is indeed a stealth UCS set. No price per piece ratio comparison is valid here.

If this is a test balloon, I want more.

I still haven't got this one yet. Waiting for a good deal on it, as I want two, just in case they ever make an Endor Luke or Leia that doesn't come with their own bike, I'd like to have that spare available. But this and the Sandtrooper are the only two I need to get current with the full line of those figs.

So how is selling Lego sets on here handled, should it be posted in the B/S/T thread or is here fine? I'm considering selling my UCS Imperial Shuttle (with minifigs and manual but no box) due to money issues lately. I do really like the set, but it's not exactly my favorite Star Wars ship anyway and it does take up a lot of space. I'd like $400+shipping (which I have yet to determine as I'd need to take it apart first to see what box I can get it into). Was thinking of selling on Bricklink but thought I might see if anybody's interested in LegoGAF first. Can get pictures later but currently at work.

So how is selling Lego sets on here handled, should it be posted in the B/S/T thread or is here fine? I'm considering selling my UCS Imperial Shuttle (with minifigs and manual but no box) due to money issues lately. I do really like the set, but it's not exactly my favorite Star Wars ship anyway and it does take up a lot of space. I'd like $400+shipping (which I have yet to determine as I'd need to take it apart first to see what box I can get it into). Was thinking of selling on Bricklink but thought I might see if anybody's interested in LegoGAF first. Can get pictures later but currently at work.

Here, BST thread, or the dedicated lego marketplace thread is fine.

I might be interested...

Ponn

Banned
My box of weakness and shame came

The positive, i'm going to be the coolest looking mofo at the beach with my new canvas bag

Joking aside its actually a pretty nice tote bag. Its solid, has heft and is bigger than I thought it was going to be. I may actually use it for stuff.

Haines

Banned
Made a lego.com account

It would not log back in

Changed password

Still wont log back in

Well that was fun

Edit: now it works. Maybe i just happened across a bad time on the site or it takes a while after you register to login properly

Is there an easy way to share my wishlist on here

Osahi

All the talk about constractions made me realize I still need Phasma.
She's to cheap for free shpp6on Amazon.de though :/

Made a lego.com account

It would not log back in

Changed password

Still wont log back in

Well that was fun

Edit: now it works. Maybe i just happened across a bad time on the site or it takes a while after you register to login properly

Is there an easy way to share my wishlist on here

There is an 'add to wishlist' button on the pages of sets. Or you click the heart button in overviews/listings

Edit: whoops. Misread your question. Dunno about sharing :/

Top Bottom