• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Jimrpg

I built the Lego Creator Log Cabin last night, which is the second time I've put it together.

Xix8ULb.jpg

DVBxtaw.jpg

SwYlgBK.jpg

Really nice build. This is a vastly superior house than the recent 2017 Holiday Villa they put out (I haven't built that yet, but I like the size, design, colour scheme of the log cabin much more.) I think they are both around the same price point.

Surprised you don't have the Stormtrooper Commander though?

Also: I was looking at getting the regular Stormtrooper but somehow it's not listed on Amazon? I mean, only the 1st order one, there IS a regular one though right?

The commander stormtrooper is the same set with a regular one, with the added steps of the shoulder pads and bigger rifle.

mrkgoo

I bought the Beware the Vulture set.

Very cool set. has the main minifig characters, a simple but effective Vulture build (why doesn't he have claw feet though?), and I love lego vehicles, so am very happy with the white truck. I omitted the stickers, which were all damage anyway, and the set has lots of cool play features.

I got it for 30% off though.

valkyre

Can someone explain to me how Bricklink XML Upload-able Parts Lists work?

I am about to buy someone's instructions of a MOC of his and he includes those XML lists. How exactly do they work and how will they help me with my orders?

oneHeero

I am about to buy someone's instructions of a MOC of his and he includes those XML lists. How exactly do they work and how will they help me with my orders?

https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/studio.page

A direct integration to BrickLink’s catalog and marketplace makes bringing your virtual creation to life easy. Check if a color exists for a certain part or view the price of each element to see how it affects the total estimated price of the model.

Once the model is complete, add it to a Wanted List, then order the parts!

i think its prolly this.

You can take an XML generated by an outside source and just load it into Bricklink and it will generate a parts list for you. It can also import Lego Digital Designer files now, which is a godsend. I used to have to mess around with a third-party program which messed up any uncommon part.

papluh

If you get just the XML, you need to upload it to Wanted list.
When logged to BL, hover the 'Want' heart icon in right top corner and choose Upload. Copy paste the XML text in right text box. I suggest then to choose to add to new list in the pull down menu below.

Depending on the quality of seller, you get data that immediately converts to Wanted list. Or there can be conflicts if he does not keep it up to date with changes in BL parts catalogue.

Once you have the parts in Wanted list you can edit the parameters there (like choosing if new/used/any, adding/removing some quantity or even parts type,...). Then if satisfied you try to have the Buy Wizard help you find shops or do it manually, after clicking the Buy all green button.

R-User!

Man that "tree" is ridiculous. Just makes kids wish they had those parts to make a tree.

First a box house for the cave family, then the adventurer, then the Christmas "tree"....

What's next, a cardboard car with three figs working on it?

Weird.

otapnam

I built the Lego Creator Log Cabin last night, which is the second time I've put it together.

Really nice build. This is a vastly superior house than the recent 2017 Holiday Villa they put out (I haven't built that yet, but I like the size, design, colour scheme of the log cabin much more.) I think they are both around the same price point.

I really liked the entry level creator sets prior to the townhouse and 3 modular homes that came out this year. The color and design seem Superior. Ill probably cave and get them to build out a city though.

I have

Changing seasons
Beach hut
Corner deli
Log cabin
Toy and grocery shop
Lighthouse

I should probably get the treehouse before it gets retired too. Haha

valkyre

If you get just the XML, you need to upload it to Wanted list.
When logged to BL, hover the 'Want' heart icon in right top corner and choose Upload. Copy paste the XML text in right text box. I suggest then to choose to add to new list in the pull down menu below.

Depending on the quality of seller, you get data that immediately converts to Wanted list. Or there can be conflicts if he does not keep it up to date with changes in BL parts catalogue.

Once you have the parts in Wanted list you can edit the parameters there (like choosing if new/used/any, adding/removing some quantity or even parts type,...). Then if satisfied you try to have the Buy Wizard help you find shops or do it manually, after clicking the Buy all green button.

Cheers guys! Much obliged!

Glad I got the snowglobe last year cause that cardboard one is shit

Yes, it is a macisse downgrade from globe, but the globe was a freeby if you spent more than $100. The trend this year is give a freebie if you spend more than $50, so I can see those sets being the freebies. But it sucks nevertheless.

nny

Any news if there will be a "classic box" (like 5002812, 5003082, and 5004419) this year? They're really well made, and have been available in July.

Plum

Just got probably the best value I've ever had with Lego. Got these three:

51raMxtZ8rL._SX355_.jpg

5111tcUaoLL.jpg

mBjcrHPDagABL7wsvCmBqRQ.jpg

For just £47 due to having £10 in VIP points. That's 1,872 pieces for £47 which makes the price-per-part a ridiculous 2.5p. The Chess Set and Pencil Holder together were "technically" over £50 so I got the Piggy Bank as a freebie despite not actually paying over the amount needed then-and-there. I was really surprised they were giving that away for such a low price threshold, it's a pretty meaty set for what it is. Compared to the cardboard Christmas Tree above it's a steal.

All right, so I went and took some pictures of my UCS Imperial Shuttle that I'm looking to sell. Threw them in this album. Because I like flat prices I'll say for now that it'll be $425 total including shipping within the US, though international shipping I'd have to probably add on for once I calculate the exact weight and cost. Send a PM if interested.

Some things to note is that the cockpit stickers are peeling rather baddy, I hadn't known about that until now. The information plaque sticker is mostly fine, with light peeling at the edges and an air bubble in the center. Still, may be worth looking into replica replacement stickers for the cockpit or gluing them back down. Also, the binding edge of the first two manuals are a bit bent, but the pages should be fine and aren't falling out or anything. Other than those issues it includes all five original minifigs, both the stand and the landing gear, the keys to adjust the wings, etc. All but the original box and spare pieces. I'll even throw in a brick separator from my drawer of them!

I'll be reposting this to the B/S/T and Lego marketplace thread I found now that I know it exists for visibility, and if no one bites on here I'll look into putting it on Bricklink probably after my vacation in a couple weeks.

Haines

Banned

This is me and my soms next build. Im excited. It looks fun.

I actually really like that adventurer/camper guy, the brick built totem is right up my alley.

But as a holiday bonus [is it?]? Bad.

And that tree? That's insultingly bad.

Jimrpg

The next 2017 promos are not that great:

That cardboard tree is awful.

I was hoping for the return of the mini London Bus.

They look like toys you get from a happy meal. Haha.

I really liked the entry level creator sets prior to the townhouse and 3 modular homes that came out this year. The color and design seem Superior. Ill probably cave and get them to build out a city though.

I have

Changing seasons
Beach hut
Corner deli
Log cabin
Toy and grocery shop
Lighthouse

I should probably get the treehouse before it gets retired too. Haha

Corner Deli was my first creator set and the one I wanted the most. Still love everything about it.

The toy and grocery shop goes well with it, but I always found that the main build to be a bit of a weird design with the bridge spanning between the two buildings so I skipped it.

Thought about getting the lighthouse which looks great but opted for Park Street Townhouse (might be my new favourite) instead.

As for the new modular homes, I think its asking a lot for people to buy all three. In Australia the modern villa is $50 ($59 RRP) vs the holiday villa which can be had for $20 ($29 RRP). In the US its the same price? Well I got the large family home anyway and the holiday villa seeing as it was so cheap. I guess ill complete the trio some time down the track. My favourite of the new ones is the blue race car but I haven't got it yet. Also I think the family home is pretty nice, but the Lego Friend's Stephanie's house trumps it.

For example the colour scheme, the play space (more rooms and things to do) is better in Stephanie's House -

This is me and my soms next build. Im excited. It looks fun.

Yep its easy and fun. Only tricky bit (for kids I suppose) is the direction of the studs on the wall. The way the moose is built is awesome too.

It was pointed out that the Justice League sets contain new parts: a 1x3 jumper plate with two studs, and a 2x2 tile with two studs along one side (half plate, half tile).

Black Pearl update

Lol at the price for pieces of cloth, I'm missing 6 of them
Missing a support pillar and three 4 stud triangles for the back
But otherwise not bad

Now onto the monster house

So many mega bloks in this tub, gross :p

_Rob_

I love the Monster Fighters house, oh how I wish it hadn't been released during my "dark ages"!

With Amazon's Prime day starting in a few hours, I'm wondering did any Lego appear as part of it last year?

They look like toys you get from a happy meal. Haha.

Corner Deli was my first creator set and the one I wanted the most. Still love everything about it.

The toy and grocery shop goes well with it, but I always found that the main build to be a bit of a weird design with the bridge spanning between the two buildings so I skipped it.

Thought about getting the lighthouse which looks great but opted for Park Street Townhouse (might be my new favourite) instead.

As for the new modular homes, I think its asking a lot for people to buy all three. In Australia the modern villa is $50 ($59 RRP) vs the holiday villa which can be had for $20 ($29 RRP). In the US its the same price? Well I got the large family home anyway and the holiday villa seeing as it was so cheap. I guess ill complete the trio some time down the track. My favourite of the new ones is the blue race car but I haven't got it yet. Also I think the family home is pretty nice, but the Lego Friend's Stephanie's house trumps it.

For example the colour scheme, the play space (more rooms and things to do) is better in Stephanie's House -

Yep its easy and fun. Only tricky bit (for kids I suppose) is the direction of the studs on the wall. The way the moose is built is awesome too.

As we always say Friends does City better than City (and sometimes Creator too). Friends sets are fantastic for both display and play features. But I do not like open builds, I prefer closed houses. The new modular houses cannot be closed?

I love the Monster Fighters house, oh how I wish it hadn't been released during my "dark ages"!

With Amazon's Prime day starting in a few hours, I'm wondering did any Lego appear as part of it last year?

Didn't know there was a super big ass house, just looking at pics and it's awesome , I want it lol
I have pieces for the vampyre castle

_Rob_

Didn't know there was a super big ass house, just looking at pics and it's awesome , I want it lol
I have pieces for the vampyre castle

Ah I see, that's a pretty cool set too. The house though, it's so close to a proper modular and the details are fantastic! Unfortunately the second hand market for it is ridiculous, we're talking 3x it's original price!

Ah I see, that's a pretty cool set too. The house though, it's so close to a proper modular and the details are fantastic! Unfortunately the second hand market for it is ridiculous, we're talking 3x it's original price!

This set is the reason I hate Zulithe.

I just can't get into friends or elves cause the over use of purples and pinks. It's fine occasionally but when the stairs and floors are all pink and purple it looks cheap. At least the creator sets are slightly realistic looking in their color schemes.

It's sad cause there are a lot of cool looking friends sets that are ruined by their color schemes. Hot dog stand was dope tho.

I agree, the color schemes on many of the Friends sets are a bit garish. They have gotten better about that in the last year or so though. Still overly bright with the pastels, but much better than two or so years ago.

And the builds are really quite fun too, and still work with pallet swaps. I had done the color substitution on Dolphin Cruiser the other year, replacing the pastels with muted and darker colors, and the set still looked great.

Sigh. I meant to buy a second one of that set just for the ship parts but missed out.

mclem

Right, taken a risk: It's Prime day, 20% off Amazon Warehouse stuff, and there's a Brick Bank on there. Let's see what I end up with!

Koren

The Haunted House is probably one of my top 5 sets of all time.

If you can ever find it for a reasonable amount, do not hesitate.
I agree... I barely bought it before it went OoP (I probably got the last one on Amazon.fr), and I'm so glap I pulled the trigger. I was still reluctant at this time to buy expensive sets, just coming back into Lego (see where I am now :/ )

That BSG Viper is amazing. I'd love to build that and a matching Cylon Raider.
I've wanted to build a Vic Viper*, R-9 or Ikaruga ship for ages (or Arwing), that itches...

* the official Lego one doesn't really count, but it's still nice they did a tribute.

Ponn

Banned
IT was labelled.

(And in the EU, at least, it's anything flagged as Amazon Warehouse Deals itself)

Did it work? Yea unfortunately the deals are region specific, i keep forgetting about that. In US its only select items so none of our AWD lego sets get discounts. They always screw us with that. If they didn't I might be tempted to get a good discount on OOP items they put up.

As far as quality with AWD you are generally safe with like new items (with occasional exceptions). Anything lower you better not care too much about the box.

Top Bottom