• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

UCS normally announced separately? I expect we'll see the Falcon, but maybe one more? Slave I and TIE are getting long in the tooth I thought.

Yes, these are retail-only, and some of the TBA sets could be retailer-exclusive (TRU, Walmart or Target) as they are not listed in the retailer catalogs.

Reposting since I'm still looking to sell it~ If this is too soon to repost let me know.

I'm selling my UCS Imperial Shuttle, pictures available in this album. Because I like flat prices I'll say for now that it'll be $425 total including shipping within the US, though international shipping I'd have to probably add on for once I calculate the exact weight and cost. Send a PM if interested.

Some things to note is that the cockpit stickers are peeling rather baddy, I hadn't known about that until now. The information plaque sticker is mostly fine, with light peeling at the edges and an air bubble in the center. Still, may be worth looking into replica replacement stickers for the cockpit or gluing them back down. Also, the binding edge of the first two manuals are a bit bent, but the pages should be fine and aren't falling out or anything. Other than those issues it includes all five original minifigs, both the stand and the landing gear, the keys to adjust the wings, etc. All but the original box and spare pieces. I'll even throw in a brick separator from my drawer of them!

g5EkwSFl.jpg

Boogiepop

Hmm, so after watching Spider-man Homecoming I kind of want that set... but I'm also hoping to find it for at least a bit cheaper. It looks nice, but it just feels like it's one step above what I want to pay for it, price-wise.

Also this led to me watching reviews on the latest wave of Lego Batman Movie sets, and... hmm. Much as I really liked the prior stuff (got the Scuttler, then the Joker, Penguin, and Riddler cars, and very satisfied with them, and still want to grab Clayface at some point)... I'm not sure I'm going to jump on any of that stuff despite initially being interested at reveal. Like, the Two-face vehicle just looks eh to me and I just want the minifigure, so I'll Bricklink that I guess, and the Batwing just seems kind of... bulky, looking at it, and I'm not sold at all. The Bane truck is... kind of a maybe? I dunno, big Bane is tempting me, though it'd be a lot more tempting if that MSRP was like $10 lower (guess that's what a big fig does to costs, though).

The big one, though... I don't think I really actually love the Ultimate Batmobile. It looked cool at first glance, but something about the parts and the locking mechanisms looks kind of subpar in the end, looking at it closer. Plus it probably doesn't help that I feel like I haven't heard any hype for it after the initial reveal, like at all. I dunno, have people been liking this one after all, or not really? Kind of thinking I just want to Bricklink Polka-dot Man (btw, should I expect prices to go down there at all on this guy over time? Because... he's a tad expensive) and maybe Bat-Alfred (and for him... I can't even find him on Bricklink. Am I missing something, there?)

So... yeah. Not hitting me as amazingly as the earlier sets were, sad to say.

Yep, been putting it off for that and also because I am somewhat reluctant to sell it. Figure I'll have to use a long axle to poke out axles and pins from the wings.

Oh, it is so much worse than that. Just you wait and see. The first trick is removing the wings from the main body, then the real fun begins.

otapnam

Hmm, so after watching Spider-man Homecoming I kind of want that set... but I'm also hoping to find it for at least a bit cheaper. It looks nice, but it just feels like it's one step above what I want to pay for it, price-wise.

Also this led to me watching reviews on the latest wave of Lego Batman Movie sets, and... hmm. Much as I really liked the prior stuff (got the Scuttler, then the Joker, Penguin, and Riddler cars, and very satisfied with them, and still want to grab Clayface at some point)... I'm not sure I'm going to jump on any of that stuff despite initially being interested at reveal. Like, the Two-face vehicle just looks eh to me and I just want the minifigure, so I'll Bricklink that I guess, and the Batwing just seems kind of... bulky, looking at it, and I'm not sold at all. The Bane truck is... kind of a maybe? I dunno, big Bane is tempting me, though it'd be a lot more tempting if that MSRP was like $10 lower (guess that's what a big fig does to costs, though).

The big one, though... I don't think I really actually love the Ultimate Batmobile. It looked cool at first glance, but something about the parts and the locking mechanisms looks kind of subpar in the end, looking at it closer. Plus it probably doesn't help that I feel like I haven't heard any hype for it after the initial reveal, like at all. I dunno, have people been liking this one after all, or not really? Kind of thinking I just want to Bricklink Polka-dot Man (btw, should I expect prices to go down there at all on this guy over time? Because... he's a tad expensive) and maybe Bat-Alfred (and for him... I can't even find him on Bricklink. Am I missing something, there?)

So... yeah. Not hitting me as amazingly as the earlier sets were, sad to say.

The spider Man sets were 20% off this week at Target so i picked up the vulture attack. I might just get the ATM set too since it's only 15$.

Haines

Banned
Whats force friday and why are people setting aside 600 dollars for it

Is it a day to get good deals?

BB8 would be the first star wars set id be interested in

Jimrpg

Parisian Restaurant is possibly still the best modular (Green Grocer is up there but it's gone now, and Assembly Square cheats by being so huge). Palace Cinema is one of the weakest. Sure, getting both would be preferrable, but if there's any risk at all of not getting to PR before it also drops, you should get it first.

If Pet Shop can still be found for reasonable prices, I would also jump on that. It really is a great set. Top 5, I think.

Parisian Restaurant, Green Grocer, Assembly Square, Pet Shop... after that it's a close race with Café Corner and Detective's Office, then Fire Brigade. Then Brick Bank, then Grand Emporium, then Palace Cinema, then Town Hall, then Market Street. Yeah, I think that would be it.

I'll say of the recent ones my rankings are -

Assembly Square
Parisian Restaurant
Detective's Office
Brick Bank
Palace Cinema

I haven't looked at the other discontinued ones because it'll just be really difficult to get where I live.

I just purchased the Palace Cinema this month. Gonna try and get the Parisian Restaurant next month, and then Assembly Square sometime before the end of the year if there's a decent sale. Detective's Office and Brick Bank will have to wait a bit but the bulk of the cost (Assembly Square) will have been had.

Of course if you were to get just the one - Assembly Square would be the one, but I think its pretty damn hard to just get one... the force is too strong to collect the other ones.

ghostmind

Whats force friday and why are people setting aside 600 dollars for it

Is it a day to get good deals?

BB8 would be the first star wars set id be interested in

Force Friday, which this year is September 1st, is when the first wave of products for The Last Jedi become available. If it follows from the last Force Friday in 2015 for The Force Awakens, stores will open at midnight with various promos.

Still deciding between palace cinema and old fishing store, Im not a huge fan of palace cinema but I want it since its retiring soon. Im never going to get all of them anyways though so might as well get what I really want instead. Old fishing store looks dope.

magawolaz

Finally a TIE Fighter Microfighter, although I was hoping for an OT TIE.

Question: how big are buildable figures compared to Bionicles gen 1?

valkyre

What do you guys expect from a new UCS millennium falcon? Should we expect radical redesign or the Death Star kind of "redesign"?

Just_one

from the ones i got my rank is :

Assembly Square (best lego set i ever brought hands down!)
Parisian Restaurant (the set that made me fall in love with modulars)
Detective´s Office (so many details inside!)
Pet Shop
Palace Cinema (love the outside but it shows its one of the first modulars , the inside is a bit empty

missing brick bank...hopefully my wife got it for my brithday later in the month...

Crispy75

One does not just simply disassemble LEGO.

That, and then putting it back together again in new and exciting ways, is *the whole point* of Lego for me, which is why I love the competition threads so much. When I subbed to this thread, I didn't realise how much it would be about buying and building sets and then just putting them on the shelf :(

That, and then putting it back together again in new and exciting ways, is *the whole point* of Lego for me, which is why I love the competition threads so much. When I subbed to this thread, I didn't realise how much it would be about buying and building sets and then just putting them on the shelf :(

You can do that too, of course, but the 100+$ sets are kind of made to be displayed. I think most of us buy tons of smaller sets to mess around with, and Bricklink orders for parts on top of that.

_Rob_

You can do that too, of course, but the 100+$ sets are kind of made to be displayed. I think most of us buy tons of smaller sets to mess around with, and Bricklink orders for parts on top of that.

Yup that's where I am. The Modulars sit in a city like setup along with the occasional City vehicle. Everything else get's taken apart and reassembled for MOCs all the time (on top of a ridiculous amount of Bricklink orders...).

Crispy75

It'd be good to see some homemade stuff then, in between the collectors :)
(I can talk, of course, having nowhere near the space/time to get my lego out much these days!)

_Rob_

(I can talk, of course, having nowhere near the space/time to get my lego out much these days!)

I'll try and remember to get a shot of my latest modular building MOC when I get home, nothing too impressive but trying to follow the design sensibilities of an official one is a lot of fun!

Koren

It happense regularly, but it takes time (months or years :/ ), so that's not daily...

And well... when you see a retail product, it's sometimes Wetwired's job so that counts ;)

I am a new Lego fan, less than a year in this madness. I am starting this month to build my city and trying a few MOCs. It will be nice to see what kind of cities you have cooked, guys. Show off time!

fisheyes

The Last Jedi sets (Force Friday 2017):

75176 Resistance Transport Pod (294 pcs; $29.99)
75177 First Order Heavy Scout Walker (554 pcs; $49.99)
75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter (630 pcs; $79.99)
75187 BB-8 (1,106 pcs; $99.99)
75188 Resistance Bomber (778 pcs; $109.99)
75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker (1,376 pcs; $139.99)
75190 First Order Star Destroyer (1,416 pcs; $149.99)

I was curious which figures come with what set, so I've combined this with the leaked character page, and the leaked images of the boxes for some sets. I've chucked a spoiler on them just in case.

Unable to see which characters, but there are at least 3 characters with this set, one of which is included with the BB-8 set, so I assuming its BB-8 himself?
General Hux, First Order Flame Trooper, First Order Ground Crew, Resistance Trooper (seems to be female)
Kylo Ren without helmet, evil BB-8, First Order Pilot, Stormtrooper
There is a figure included with this but we cannot see the picture - presumably its a BB-8 minifigure
Poe Dameron in not-quite-but-almost pilot outfit (orange suit but missing helmet and bits and pieces), Resistance Gunner Paige, Resistance Bomber Pilot, Resistance Bombardier (all in full flight outfits), Vice Admiral Holdo
Rey, "Captain" Poe Dameron, Resistance Trooper, FO Walker Driver, Stormtrooper
Supreme Leader Snoke, evil BB-8, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper Sargent, FO Officer, FO Shuttle Pilot

There's a couple of glaring omissions there.

We've also seen
Rose in minifigure form
who isn't accounted for, I'm thinking
Rose and Finn may be in the first set
, which would mean the other characters will probably have to wait until the 2018 sets.

Any other info leaked I've missed?

So I'm guessing my targets for the modular's are Parisian Restaurant, Brickbank, Detective's office and Assembly Square. Although I guess I have the cash to go on a massive spending spree it just seems wholly unnecessary at this point, so if Palace Cinema goes OOP I'll just have to live with it. I will round out my city with some of the smaller creator sets. Vacation Getaway which is the set that re-ignited my interest is done, and Deli Corner is in the mail. I'm gonna stop by my parents place this weekend and see what I've got at home and then I'll take it from there. Thanks for all your input guys, I'll be sure to keep on participating in the thread and update on my progress.

_Rob_

So I'm guessing my targets for the modular's are Parisian Restaurant, Brickbank, Detective's office and Assembly Square. Although I guess I have the cash to go on a massive spending spree it just seems wholly unnecessary at this point, so if Palace Cinema goes OOP I'll just have to live with it. I will round out my city with some of the smaller creator sets. Vacation Getaway which is the set that re-ignited my interest is done, and Deli Corner is in the mail. I'm gonna stop by my parents place this weekend and see what I've got at home and then I'll take it from there. Thanks for all your input guys, I'll be sure to keep on participating in the thread and update on my progress.

One of us, one of us.
AHG2uMD.gif

just imagine Ninjago City with 3XVIP Points...

damn!

Actually when you pose it like that.... I'm going to buy it anyway, so that would be handy, although I'd wager the smarter business move on Lego's part would be not to introduce the two at the same time!

DonShula

I was curious which figures come with what set, so I've combined this with the leaked character page, and the leaked images of the boxes for some sets. I've chucked a spoiler on them just in case.

Unable to see which characters, but there are at least 3 characters with this set, one of which is included with the BB-8 set, so I assuming its BB-8 himself?
General Hux, First Order Flame Trooper, First Order Ground Crew, Resistance Trooper (seems to be female)
There is a figure included with this but we cannot see the picture - presumably its a BB-8 minifigure
Poe Dameron in not-quite-but-almost pilot outfit (orange suit but missing helmet and bits and pieces), Resistance Gunner Paige, Resistance Bomber Pilot, Resistance Bombardier (all in full flight outfits), Vice Admiral Holdo
Supreme Leader Snoke, evil BB-8, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper Sargent, FO Officer, FO Shuttle Pilot

We've also seen
Rose in minifigure form
, which would mean the other characters will probably have to wait until the 2018 sets.

Judging from the teaser trailer, the Resistance Transport Pod is transporting
Finn

Ugh I need to pick out parts for my Halloween creations to bricklink. I don't have enough clear or black pieces even if I disassemble things...

I think Star Wars 8 is going to have a LOT more sets that I'll want to buy compared to Force Awakens (I'm not the biggest X-Wing fan) or even Rogue One (which had a decent few I liked).

BB-8 I'll probably get day one, Star Destroyers I'm always big fan of, I like Tie Fighters (the leak looks pretty solid), and two different Walkers. If the Resistance Bomber is on-par with a Tie Bomber then I'll definitely want one, but so far I'm not the biggest fan of new resistance ships so far.

We've also seen
Rose in minifigure form

Link to said picture of boxes?

ghostmind

We've also seen
Rose in minifigure form

You are correct with this info, including your assumptions - well done!

So no Luke, Leia, etc until the Winter wave. Unless there is a promo we don't currently know about.

DBT85

For normal sets maybe, but not my UCS stuff or Modulars if I ever got in to them.

Those for me are almost like an AirFix model in that once its done its done.
but then, I've only been back 2 months. Give me time lol.

Next time will probably be around october, I'd say. Unless they're doing a surprise 2x VIP again (or better, a 3x VIP !)

Triple VIP would destroy me it it happened after the new MF.

Haines

Banned
So i suffer from motion sickness. (Bigger boats, small planes, reading in a car)

When i look down doing lego it can give me a tinge of it. Nothing severe. Just some nausia that is uncomfortable.

Im wondering if better lighting would help.

(Working on the lighthoise currently with the kiddo, the killer whale was kind of cool to build)

Weevilone

So i suffer from motion sickness. (Bigger boats, small planes, reading in a car)

When i look down doing lego it can give me a tinge of it. Nothing severe. Just some nausia that is uncomfortable.

Im wondering if better lighting would help.

(Working on the lighthoise currently with the kiddo, the killer whale was kind of cool to build)

If you get motion issues just looking down, you should see a doctor. It's probably an inner ear thing. It can be associated with vision issues if perhaps you have glasses that need a new script, but it's more likely to be inner ear.

Haines

Banned
If you get motion issues just looking down, you should see a doctor. It's probably an inner ear thing. It can be associated with vision issues if perhaps you have glasses that need a new script, but it's more likely to be inner ear.

Thanks. I was not wearing my glasses. I will try wearing them next time, but my prescription is not very strong.

Ill google some stuff about inner ear. My motion sickness has been always awful, and nobody ever mentioned that it was something i could see a doc about it

Top Bottom