• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

Observations...

The Buildable Figures look great on the whole, with the Praetorian Guard the most interesting. Rey is still suffering from human-face-syndrome, but Chewie looks great.

Have already seen most of the System sets, but the three new additions are all interesting in their own way. That walker looks insane, and Kylo's TIE looks amazing. Now I really need to finish Kylo's Shuttle MOD!

BB-8 is about as expected, but that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to having a companion for R2.

ghostmind

Chewie hype

lzqUUB4.jpg

Yeah, BB-8 looks like what I expected and I'll definitely get him, but I think I might wait for a sale for him and the Star Destroyer. (thankfully I don't have much interest in any other ones, phew!)

Both look like good sets, but a little pricey (even though their $/piece ratio isn't too bad). These sets will be probably be sold EVERYWHERE, and I remember early this year my local Fred Meyer had all the Star Wars sets 20% off.

Edit: Actually on second thought, that weird smaller walker looks pretty neat, especially if the legs actually move when you push it forward. Maybe not $50 good, but another that will be perfect on sale.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BB8 is pretty ugly. Looks like a 3D model turned into Lego - too perfectly spherical. Prefer some feel of it being hand made and sculpted.

Chewbacca looks okay, not a fan of the gap in the knees though. The red guard looks interesting. Rey looks bad as usual. Not sure why they printed the cloth this time instead of wrapping it around the torso again.

Osahi

I lobe BB-8! Day one for sure.

The
little walker
doesn't click at all. Looks like a complete mess to me. But might have a cool action figure.

The
big walker
grows on me after the earlier leak. I might get it at a lower price. (It has Rey too, which I'll want).

Kylo's ship looks ace.

(And I actually wasn't planning on getting anything besides BB, as I'm running out of place, and want to put my money more towards UCS)

Update on that R2 and miscellaneous set lot: met coworker today to buy the lot for $150 plus a $50 Best Buy gift card. She told me that they couldn't find the instructions for R2 so she wanted to give me everything for free. I insisted she take the cash at least and she agreed. R2 has all the sealed bags but no instructions or sticker. I had no idea what was in the tubs. Once home I found a complete Black Pearl, Original Destiny's Bounty, a bunch of Chima and Ninjago, and what seems like every hero factory set ever produced.

DBT85

Update on that R2 and miscellaneous set lot: met coworker today to buy the lot for $150 plus a $50 Best Buy gift card. She told me that they couldn't find the instructions for R2 so she wanted to give me everything for free. I insisted she take the cash at least and she agreed. R2 has all the sealed bags but no instructions or sticker. I had no idea what was in the tubs. Once home I found a complete Black Pearl, Original Destiny's Bounty, a bunch of Chima and Ninjago, and what seems like every hero factory set ever produced.

Fuck me.

Defintly you have a deal with the devil, no other way you could score that many deals you had.

I'm not superstitious but if I had your luck I would probably be convinced I was fated to die soon. There has to be a trade off.

The Star Wars sets aren't doing much for me right now. They just look incomplete somehow.

I saw this on reddit and thought it looks awesome

4644767-1-RO89ZXKYTI-ZzQ-thumbnail-full.png

Ideas link

Now this is awesome. Although...

That roof sure is shiny for a farm house
...I was thinking exactly this. Might not be as clean looking, but using slope bricks in dark blue (hello, Apple Tree House!) might help the texture some. But it does change how you build the other parts.

fisheyes

wetwired

The shininess of the roof is two factors I think, one, they're tiles, and too it's just the angle of the render highlighting the reflection, the mine has it on the right hand side of the image as well but it's not as apparently as they've opted to have it rotated in a way as it's not so apparent.

_Rob_

Oh how I would love a new western theme, unlicensed ideally!

As promised yesterday, here's how my small city area is shaping up (ignore Sir Dan's watchful gaze).

And a better view of the two MOC modular style buildings based on the Sandwich Shop and Catwoman's Cycle Chase respectively (both of which still need work):

On another note, it appears some smaller City parts sets are coming. Pretty cool, they remind me of the old accessory sets in the early 00's:

40170%20CITY%20Expansion%20Pack.png

40170.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Sod antiques roadshow - *that* is a find.

Osahi

Observations...

The Buildable Figures look great on the whole, with the Praetorian Guard the most interesting. Rey is still suffering from human-face-syndrome, but Chewie looks great.

BB-8 is about as expected, but that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to having a companion for R2.

I'm probably the weird one here, but I like the Rey buildable fig. They found a nice balance between cartoony/real (I have Rey's previous buildable figure, and I thought it was pretty good too. Much better than for instance Finn or Luke).

I feel the trooper is the least interesting one. His proportions look off to me... To bulky at the top, like he skipped leg day or something. Chewie is idd great, but his knees really bug me.

And BB-8 looks great imo. Lots and lots of SNOT too, so it might even be an interesting build

Rootbeer

Banned
I think i'm done with the SW buildable figures. But I will say that new Rey looks much better than their first one.

I don't think Chewie translated all that well. But if I ever see these on a really good sale I'll still consider snatching them.

As for the main LEGO SW TLJ Sets themselves though, I can say for sure there's at least 3, maybe four that I will be getting on or around Force Friday. Just too bad they are clearly holding back some characters for the January sets.

Osahi

BB-8 is going to be expensive, right?

But yeah, I also dont like these sets. And
Chewbacca
is a really big offender. Yikes. The lower half of his body...

BB-8 is 99 dollars/euro's. I expect it will be 110 here in Belgium.

EDIT: funny thing I notice is that the BB-8 image on the box is somewhat different from the model picture. His head looks the other way, and themost inner disk of his body is turned upside down. I expexted the head to be able to turn, but maybe those inner disks do to? What if there is a rolling mechanism with wheels at the bottom, turning those disks when you push him? (How awesome would that be!)

Double VIP is usually in October right?

I'd wait until then to buy those lego sets tbh

So no promo for August (Ninjago City) and September (Old Fishing Store)? I am planning to get those, but waiting till October wil be too late for me and the mail end-of-year rush (plus they may be backorders).

Top Bottom